The Connors

Actually, even though KG makes fun of everyone...it's never about their race. Big difference. Aaaand Roseanne's comment about Valerie Jarrett wasn't funny; just mean and hateful.

I agree, but that doesn't change that IMO just because someone does or says something horrible (about race or whatever else) that it makes it OK for someone else to do or say horrible things. You may not find what KG did was horrible or mean or hateful, but there were enough people who did that if effected her career, just like Roseanne.

That's the only time I've heard of her getting in trouble and her comment wasn't racist.

As for Kathy Griffin, she's always been no hold barred on everyone. If anything, I think she should have never apologized. Especially given how often we've seen her "victim" target people and tweet awful things.
Calling the first daughter the C word is OK but a racial comment is not. Peter Fonda calling for the rape of a 12 year old first son.... I guess in your world that's OK too. Only racial comments are bad in your opinion. In my opinion none of it is OK, but some of it seems to get a pass. I personally don't give any of it pass. Now do I think people should lose their jobs over it? No. I think were headed down a slippery slope when people started getting fired for things they post on social media.

Calling the first daughter the C word is OK but a racial comment is not. Peter Fonda calling for the rape of a 12 year old first son.... I guess in your world that's OK too. Only racial comments are bad in your opinion. In my opinion none of it is OK, but some of it seems to get a pass. I personally don't give any of it pass. Now do I think people should lose their jobs over it? No. I think were headed down a slippery slope when people started getting fired for things they post on social media.

If Peter Fonda has an actual job, I would hope he would be fired from that job for what he said.

In 2016 Roseanne tweeted that HRC was a c”/t. ABC then gave her a reboot. She didn’t lose anything because of her politics.

If Peter Fonda has an actual job, I would hope he would be fired from that job for what he said.

In 2016 Roseanne tweeted that HRC was a c”/t. ABC then gave her a reboot. She didn’t lose anything because of her politics.
Like I said I don’t think people should be fired for.stuff they say outside the workplace. It’s kind of a mute point with me. Peter Fonda does make movies. I think that’s a job.

I doubt I'm going to watch the Conners. I liked Roseann, Jackie, and Dan. The other characters really didn't interest me much except possibly David. I watched the reboot and I was pretty sure I wouldn't be watching it long since it focused on the other characters so much and I found them either boring or irritating, lol. Now that Roseann is gone I'm just not interested anymore.

No I don't think Peter Fonda (who really pays attention to him anyway?) saying what he did was ok. But nice try. As for Ivanka, she's in her 30s, undeservedly working as an "adviser" to the president and well educated. If she behaves callously in order to protect her inheritance and Daddy's love, I could care less if someone calls her a name. And yes, I do believe there is a difference between calling names based on one's ethnicity and one's behavior.

As for you being disgusted about people getting fired for what they post on social media...really? I expect that belief from a teenager.

I agree, but that doesn't change that IMO just because someone does or says something horrible (about race or whatever else) that it makes it OK for someone else to do or say horrible things. You may not find what KG did was horrible or mean or hateful, but there were enough people who did that if effected her career, just like Roseanne.

I think what happened to KG was similar to the Dixie Chicks, only Kathy Griffin has a much smaller fan base. What was seen by a small amount of people was given more attention by conservative media manipulating their audience with their "See! These mean entertainers have no respect for anyone you support" mantra. The audience as usual sucked it up like a Hoover Deluxe. We've got a poster on this thread talking about something Peter Fonda said...Peter Fonda wasn't even that famous when he had the opportunity to be that famous.

I think what happened to KG was similar to the Dixie Chicks, only Kathy Griffin has a much smaller fan base. What was seen by a small amount of people was given more attention by conservative media manipulating their audience with their "See! These mean entertainers have no respect for anyone you support" mantra. The audience as usual sucked it up like a Hoover Deluxe. We've got a poster on this thread talking about something Peter Fonda said...Peter Fonda wasn't even that famous when he had the opportunity to be that famous.

KG's thing was all over the media, and I found out about it on the Yahoo homepage, and TMZ were the ones that first put it out there, so I don't know about the whole "seen by a small amount of people". Anyway I'm not going to go back and forth, what she did was horrible, what Roseanne said was horrible. Two people on opposite sides of the political spectrum and both suffered consequences in their professional careers.

Last edited:
No I don't think Peter Fonda (who really pays attention to him anyway?) saying what he did was ok. But nice try. As for Ivanka, she's in her 30s, undeservedly working as an "adviser" to the president and well educated. If she behaves callously in order to protect her inheritance and Daddy's love, I could care less if someone calls her a name. And yes, I do believe there is a difference between calling names based on one's ethnicity and one's behavior.

As for you being disgusted about people getting fired for what they post on social media...really? I expect that belief from a teenager.
Hypocrisy at its finest. Unbelievable. I have nothing more to say on the matter. We’re obviosky very different people.

Getting back on track, I got the impression that they're setting Gina up to be the "new" Roseanne. Just something about her interaction with the kids in this week's episode. Added bonus, Gina wasn't a very fleshed-out character (and still a child/teen) in the original series, so they can pretty much make her any way they want her to be.

You must be reading different news than I am. It was all over the news by many different outlets about Kathy Griffin.

Regardless of what audience you are on a political spectrum if you aren't in the center you've got a bias that is likely evident in your articles and how they are written. Reporting the Kathy Griffin incident I saw from many different news sources but how they ran with it was different depending on the media bias the news source had (as it is with many things).

I'll stop with that though :)

I've got the first 2 episodes recorded though we haven't watched it yet. I already pretty much knew how they were going to explain Rosanne's absence thanks to numerous news stories but I've been holding off on watching it mostly due to busy schedules but I hope to watch it soon.

Getting back on track, I got the impression that they're setting Gina up to be the "new" Roseanne. Just something about her interaction with the kids in this week's episode. Added bonus, Gina wasn't a very fleshed-out character (and still a child/teen) in the original series, so they can pretty much make her any way they want her to be.
Gina?

I thought the same thing, "who is Gina?" I think it's DJ's wife.
Ah, okay. I doubt they’d make a largely unknown character the backbone of the show with a cast of beloved, well known characters. That’s going to fall to Darlene no doubt. I like her though. The first episode she was giving Darlene crap and the second she had Darlene’s back with the new girlfriend. Both situations showed a sister like bond between them.

I wasn't thinking so much a direct replacement, as someone that others could bounce off of--Dan, Darlene, etc. I don't see DJ as having a whole lot of personality...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter