The College Program Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This question isn't really too much about the CP, but I didn't know where else to ask it. I was just curious...when celebs visit WDW, are there special exits and entrances for them to use to go to the rides, shows, restaurants, shops, etc? Do they even wait in line at all? I became curious on this topic because my little cousin told me yesterday to "Make sure to get Hilary Duff and Raven's autographs if you see them singing a concert at Disney World!" :earsgirl: , lol, kids are so cute. That would make her day. :cloud9:

mara1203- i am in the college program right now. I live in Chatham and its def. the better apartment complex if you are going between Vista and Chatham. If you arent big into partying than Chatham is more your style. I am taking a class down here and would say it has helped in the way of meeting alot more friends. that you dont work with. Disney gives you the hours you work the week before, so its done weekly. Any other questioin feel free to email me...i am also a campus rep. so most of your questions i can answer.

figments407- I think that you are totally correct on the creating magic part. I am working at a wdw resort right now my program is up in 4 weeks and can truly say i have created magic for many people. I dont know what its like working in a park tho, but im sure its pretty much the same.

teh fish said:
As for switching, it's extremely difficult once you are assigned your role.

It is difficult, but possible. :teeth: My roommate switched roles last month. She's much happier in this role. Although, if you're assigned to something, they do require that you give it a fair chance. I mean, you can't really NOT like something until you've tried it. :rolleyes1

Well everyone I am checking in on the 9th. So I hope to see some of you there but I have a question. How much does it cost to do laundry? I am trying to make out my budget and would like to know. Thank you.

I'm not sure about the other complexes, but at Vista it is a dollar to wash and a dollar to dry.

Is there a limit on how many nights a CP can get a resort discount while they are in the program ? If my husband and I go to visit twice during my daughter's time there, can she get us the discount both times?

Hey guys! I'm arriving Jan 9th to work in operations.. SOOOO excited. :Pinkbounc
That and I turn 21 in a week..

In any case, through the wdwcpinfo boards, i've met a very lovely chickie with the same arrival date & we would really like to room together. i've been told to stand in line with her and such, but is there any reason that we wouldnt be roomates? we're the same age (21), same preferences (3 or 4 bedroom at chatham, non smoking), and same arrival date.

It is said that we must be within the 'Disney Look' guidelines upon arrival at check-in.

Does this include full guidelines for non-costumed cast members, i.e: professional attire ... or is that just for Traditions?

We have to be within the guidelines reguarding hair, jewelry, (men - clean shaven.. if you're not, they'll hand you a razor and show you the bathroom).

It doesn't matter what we wear that day, as long as there aren't bare shoulders cuz we're having our ID picture taken. So girls, if you wear a tank top (keep in mind it's january) just bring a sweater or hoodie to wear over it.

Just be comfortable.. it's going to be a very long day

I was just thinking the other day... well I guess it can be called daydreaming because it was in class eh hmm but anyway...

Its pretty obvious that they provide the costumes while we are down there, but something that I wasnt too sure of was sneakers. I never really had the need to look at the sneakers the CMs were wearing while down there and I was just wondering if we bring our own or thats something they give us too.

anyone know?

I think I remember our recruiter saying something about all black shoes? And no logos or anything on them...I vaguely remember her saying something like that, but I'm not 100% sure.

They really reccommend waiting until you get down there to purchase your shoes. They are not provided to you, but they do tell you exactly where to get them and exactly what they are to look like when you get down there. I bet breaking them in the first couple of days of work isn't too pleasant... Maybe Joanna could give you more info, being an alum and all :)

You'll have to purchase your own shoes when you get here. They make it very easy to find the right kind. =0) There are "Shoemobiles" available a few days before work at the apartment complexes. They'll offer the right kinds of shoes, and even give you the option to have the payment taken directly from your check just like your rent. Personally, I thought the shoes there were a little pricey. But that's just me. LoL I ended up purchasing my shoes at Wal-Mart.

They'll let you know what color and also remind you that they can't have any logos on them. Although, I've seen a lot of people that have logos on their shoes, but it's ok as long as they don't stand out. For example, no white shoes with a black logo on them. However, white shoes with a white logo on them are fine.

Where ever you purchase your shoes, make sure their comfy! You'll be doing a lot of walking no matter what your role is!

Thanks Hogbunny, Already have my own all shoes for work now. Guess it cant hurt to throw them in the case and if I need them they are there and I dont have to buy another pair.
Steve

There are a lot of options for buying shoes. I recommend to wait til you get down there because you won't know what kind/color shoes to get. I wore black shoes in Fantasyland. They had to be totally black- no other colors on them at all. I wore black sneakers (comfortable because I did a LOT of walking). I know at the MK there was a shoe truck that came by every so often so you could buy shoes there. I ended up buying mine at Wal-Mart! :teeth: The CP buses do go to Wal-Mart I believe.

Hi my granddaughter is scheduled to join the college program this January. She has a few issues and concerns that I thought I should bring to this group for clarification. I always think it's best to ask questions of those who actually have been there/ done that etc.

1. She is going to be 21 years old on January 25. Since she won't be exactly 21 when she arrives Disney folks are putting her in a Healthy Living building ,which means "euphemistically speaking" no drinking. Can she appeal this and get into the older group housing.

2. Is the housing for the 21+ group far from the Healthy Living apartments? My GD's boyfriend is over 21 and will be in this housing, and since they don't have a car, they are flying down, they are worried they won't ever see each other. Any idea on locations you can share?

3. How do you know where you will be assigned to work? Is it the luck of the draw?

4. Are there stringent rules for behavior and decorum? In other words will there be time for fun?

5. Will she need a laptop computer for her studies there or will there be computers she can use? This is important since there is no money in the budget for her to get a new computer and her school computer is a desk top.

Thanks so much for your help,
Marylyn

1. She'll be put into a Wellness apartment b/c of the age she is when she enters the program. After she turns 21, she can request an apartment change if there's room (there is a fee to change apartments).

2. They are Wellness and Non-Wellness apartments, not buildings. You could live next to an apartment that is allowed alcohol and be in an apartment that doesn't. They keep track of which apartments allow it. If they want to be together, they'd need to request the same apartment complex when they ask for preferences on check-in.

3. You are assigned your work based on the roles you check by and/or which area needs cast members. You find out a couple of days after move-in, however at check in they're pretty good at being able to guess where you go.

4. The only rules are quiet hours late at night and you can't be in another complex past 1:00 am. Once you move in, you can stay in any apartment at your complex for however long you want (roommates permitting).

5. They do have computer labs at the complexes, but you have to sign up to use them and sometimes they're not open when you really need them. You really have to schedule your computer time.

I hope this helps.

degrassi26 said:
This question isn't really too much about the CP, but I didn't know where else to ask it. I was just curious...when celebs visit WDW, are there special exits and entrances for them to use to go to the rides, shows, restaurants, shops, etc? Do they even wait in line at all? I became curious on this topic because my little cousin told me yesterday to "Make sure to get Hilary Duff and Raven's autographs if you see them singing a concert at Disney World!" :earsgirl: , lol, kids are so cute. That would make her day. :cloud9:

Unfortunately, when celebs visit you, as a cast memeber, are to treat them exactly the same way you treat all the other guests. You can say you met and talked to them.

A lot of attractions have alternative entrances for people with disabilities and VIPs. I have heard of them closing down the second floor of Columbia Harbor House for people.

Joanna71985 said:
There are a lot of options for buying shoes. I recommend to wait til you get down there because you won't know what kind/color shoes to get. I wore black shoes in Fantasyland. They had to be totally black- no other colors on them at all. I wore black sneakers (comfortable because I did a LOT of walking). I know at the MK there was a shoe truck that came by every so often so you could buy shoes there. I ended up buying mine at Wal-Mart! :teeth: The CP buses do go to Wal-Mart I believe.

I just e-mailed them. Figured why not.
They told me about the truck. It is supposed to be there on the 2nd day you are there. Thats also the day you get your work assignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter