The "Chuck Bubba Relay"

IndyClown

If you had wings..had wings..had wings..had wings!
I just read about this in the Unofficial Guide to WDW and started laughing. :rotfl2:

Apparently this maneuver was named in honor of a family from Kentucky whose son was named Bubba. This is how it works...

1. Mom and 'little Bubba' enter the line for a ride.
2. Dad lets a specific number of people go in front of him and then he gets in line
3. As soon as the ride stops, Mom gets off the ride and passes Bubba to Dad to the ride the same ride a second time with no waiting.
4. Lather, rinse and repeat with Mom getting back in line again if deemed necessary.

This only works with only certain rides that have a fixed number of seats per ride (ie... 24 for Dumbo). Also works with the Carousel (75), Aladdin (48), Tea cups (53), Peter Pan (64) and Snow White (52).

Anyone ever attempt this? It's like a Turbo Child swap. :hyper:

This only works with only certain rides that have a fixed number of seats per ride (ie... 24 for Dumbo). Also works with the Carousel (75), Aladdin (48), Tea cups (53), Peter Pan (64) and Snow White (52).

Anyone ever attempt this?

It is discussed and (sometimes hotly) debated here on this board very often.

It can be one of those "hot issues" as some see it as a form of "line jumping."

If done correctly, it would not take up any more "Dumbos" than if just one adult rode
alone in an elephant, bit later than the first adult (and Bubba,) without Bubba getting
chucked over the fence for a second spin.

I've only heard of it's use on Dumbo. That's about the only ride that I can see solid reasoning behind it, due to the insane lines.

I just read about this in the Unofficial Guide to WDW and started laughing. :rotfl2:

Apparently this maneuver was named in honor of a family from Kentucky whose son was named Bubba. This is how it works...

1. Mom and 'little Bubba' enter the line for a ride.
2. Dad lets a specific number of people go in front of him and then he gets in line
3. As soon as the ride stops, Mom gets off the ride and passes Bubba to Dad to the ride the same ride a second time with no waiting.
4. Lather, rinse and repeat with Mom getting back in line again if deemed necessary.

Anyone ever attempt this? It's like a Turbo Child swap. :hyper:

I can't figure out why anyone would even want to do this - the same attraction twice in a row, and with the spouses not riding together? Some family vacation, :sad2:

I can't figure out why anyone would even want to do this - the same attraction twice in a row, and with the spouses not riding together? Some family vacation, :sad2:
It seems pretty obvious to me, and it has nothing to do with not wanting to have a "family vacation". Morality of the manuever aside (I don't mind it, but can see where others would) there is only room for two people on Dumbo. If your child wants to ride it twice, you either expose the same adult to it twice (bleargh) and wait in the long line twice, or you expose each adult to it once and don't waste so much time in the long line. I would only do it on Dumbo because the lines are so long and it such a favorite.

Not quite sure why the sarcasm was necessary. :confused3

There's no way my husband would agree to anything like this so no we haven't done this and it isn't necessary. Dumbo isn't that great a ride and there are plenty of other things to do in Fantasyland. Neither of my kids has ever demanded riding it more than once. When Dumbo is over they are always happy to move on to something else.

I have never seen anyone else try it either but then again I don't pay that much attention to what the other people in the parks are doing.

Is anyone willing to admit they did it?

ok Robo...I'm starting to see what you mean. I wouldn't do it either but I just found the creativity amusing. Apparently there are some that do not.

You guys can feel free to nuke this thread if it starts getting ugly. :crazy2:

If done correctly, it would not take up any more "Dumbos" than if just one adult rode
alone in an elephant, bit later than the first adult (and Bubba,) without Bubba getting
chucked over the fence for a second spin.

Thanks... I was just thinking the same when I read the initial description. I did not know what is was. But after I read the description I thought of line jumping as well. I don't think we will be practicing this. Too much to see and do to start off the day possibly upsetting others by practicing this.

Wow. Never heard of that one before. I guess you could say it is creative.:confused3 It just doesn't seem right though.

ya gotta sort of admire some peoples ingenuity! (and i don't mean that in a snide way at all.) God bless ya if you figured out a way to work things in your favor that don't break any official rules.

i dont see this as line jumping - agreeing that one person in line would take up one ride car - and adding bubba in woudn't put anyone else behind in the line at all. as long at the party does not exceed the ride car or row seating capacity, this wouldn't really bother me if i was the next family behind you.

HOWEVER - i wouldn't do this for two reasons.

firstly we (my family) dig each other and like experiencing the rides together - even if from two ride cars in certain rides. (we are seperate far too much in the real world. we specifically go on vacations to hang out as a 4some. we only kid swap when we have to and we are very much looking forward to the day when we no longer have to do so.)

second, i would feel awkward as heck passing bubba over the chains or having him go thru the line saying "excuse me" and "i have to catch up to my dad". the crap (looks, comments) one would take would not make for a happy vacation. every once in a while for a bathroom emergency is one thing, but for the bulk of our visit - no thanks. By BS tollerance is pretty low. (but then i would rather not sit thru a timeshare hard sell to get a cheap or free stay and tickets either...to each their own.)

I actually dont see it as line jumping as the same number of dumbos will be filled regardless, but I'd be too worried of the logistics to try it if it was me! When I take little kids to WDW we will hit the MK EMH and go on all the fantasyland rides as many time sas they wish before it gets too busy...

maybe i'm stupid or something but isn't there already a child swap that WDW allows that would basically accomplish the same thing.

personally i wouldn't do what the OP listed as some people doing for line jumping jr. but on the other hand, i could care less if someone does it.

as i have posted in other threads, i don't really get myself upset with line jumpers. while i view it as wrong and unmagical, when i am on vaca at WDW, i just don't want to let anything bother me.

I don't consider this line jumping at all. Knowing my 4 year old, she will want to ride it again and I was planning to do this (just for Dumbo). Am I going to have an angry mob on my hands?

I don't consider this line jumping at all. Knowing my 4 year old, she will want to ride it again and I was planning to do this (just for Dumbo). Am I going to have an angry mob on my hands?
I'd be surprised if it made people angry.....certainly wouldn;t bother me, I think its a pretty good idea!!

even if they were all in line together they would not be riding together due to the 2 person limit...right so riding as a family is out of the question anyway...I mean yeah they may be on the same spin but its not really riding together is it?

I see no issue with this at all...maybe Disney needs a parent swap for the kiddie rides? No difference in this than getting child back up there after having to go to bathroom...I mean someone is in line already taking up that Dumbo right?

The morality police around here can get out of hand very quickly. Do not feel bad about using the Chuck Bubba Relay. Unofficial Guide would not support something that violated Walt Disney World rules. If people think (as explained), doing the relay will not make anyone wait in line any longer. In addition, only one parent and one child can fit at one time.

A week ago or so, there was a bozo on this site encouraging people to get Fastpasses for child swaps even when both parents were not riding. You are not anything like that bozo. You are following the rules. You are doing everything within the rules to enhance your family vacation without inconveniencing anyone else (except possibly inside their minds).

I suppose I'm part of the demographic this strategy appeals to. We're taking our 2 year-old on her first WDW vacation in a couple of weeks. Dumbo will (more than likely) be her first WDW ride. So, I'm planning on capturing that moment (video/pics) while she rides w/ mommy. If she wants to ride again, I'd love to be able to go on Dumbo with her as well.

I know this is a polarizing strategy with fervent supporters and detractors; so maybe instead of waiting 24 people back, I'll hang back 30 people, as to not draw attention to myself! :upsidedow

Unofficial Guide would not support something that violated Walt Disney World rules.

Ha! What is your basis for making this statement? It is the "unofficial" guide, which means they're unafilliated with WDW. They'll publish whatever they want.
Hopefully you won't call me the morality police; I don't tell other people what to do. But when issues like this come up and people make blanket statements as fact, which aren't true or can't be proven true, I like to get in on the discussion.
I think this chucka bubba thing is a bit of a paradox. It certainly doesn't make the wait time any longer for anybody else, but there's also certainly no doubt that it is a form of cutting or line jumping. People on this site have different definitions of cutting; some people call it cutting if you take your kid out of line to go to the bathroom, then come back to meet your wife in line. I don't think we need to take the analysis that far because the fact is, the kid was just on the ride!
If you were on the ride, the you get off and pass everybody else in line to ride again, how is that anything but cutting? But, I agree, it is harmless; it doesn't increase anybody's wait time, so that is probably why the castmembers allow it (if in fact they do - I've never witnessed it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter