The Cat's Meow November 2020 Exercise Thread

Our final Disney cat reminds me so much of my new kitty. She is an applehead blue point Siamese, so if her fur was longer, she would look a lot like Sassy from the 1993 film Homeward Bound The Incredible Journey:

In fact, my cat often has that same pose and facial expression, especially when she very much wants to be fed.

But, back to Sassy. According to Disney Fandom, "Sassy is a Himalayan cat owned by a young girl named Hope who has a very close bond with Sassy. She has a sarcastic nature which makes her truly live up to her name. Her pet comrades are Shadow, a wise, old golden retriever and Chance, a young, immature American bulldog. She has been living under the same roof with the two dogs for quite some time. She even shares a sibling relationship with both of them. She gets along with Shadow very well with hardly any arguments. When it comes to Chance though, the two would often clash and have disagreements about their breed and species differences and which one is best, with Sassy always insulting Chance with the slogan of "cats rule and dogs drool", throughout the first and second movie, Chance turns this back on Sassy in some cases with rephrasing it as "dogs rule and cats drool" even though at one point she isn't around to hear it. Despite this, they have shown that they do care about each other as they are willing to help them whenever one of them is in trouble. " Sally Field is the voice of Sassy, and Tiki the cat is the on screen actor. Here's an old article about Tiki, including how she became Sassy. While Tiki is credited with the role of Sassy, there were a total of 10 cats used in that role during the film, the stand-ins being used for specialty actions or to give Tiki a break when needed.

Last edited:
And now that we've worked through 30 days worth of Disney cats, do you have a favorite? Is it from the ones I've mentioned or is your favorite Disney cat one that I missed?

I think mine has to be Sassy because she reminds me of my cat, but if I could choose a second (or more), it would be Nala from the Lion King or maybe Mochi from Big Hero 6. So hard to choose just one!

I've got my pink striped scarf ready -- Cheshire Cat all the way!
:ccat:
Thanks for an entertaining month, Twilight Sparkle!

I took a walk this afternoon and will finish off with stretching before bed, so I'm going to report 35 minutes and an even 1200/1200 for the month.

Last edited:

What a great month! We have two final color changes. Congrats to PollyannaMom for reaching Regal Red - and very nearly goal! And congrats to sophy1996 for achieving goal and turning Graceful Green! Our team reached 93% of goal and stays at Regal Red. Great job all around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter