The Cat's Meow November 2020 Exercise Thread

If anyone else posts minutes today, the TEAM will certainly reach Pawsome Purple.

In the meantime, let's talk about Mittens from Disney's 2008 animated film Bolt. Mittens " is a sassy and short-tempered street cat whom Bolt at first mistakenly believed was an agent of Dr. Calico. She is pessimistic and has a dry sense of humor. She lives the life of a thief who suffers from traumatophobia (a fear of battle and physical injury). She wasn't interested in friendship at first but she is eventually moved by Bolt's loyalty and willing to know about how to live a normal dog life. Judging by her color patterns, she appears to be a Tuxedo cat who speaks with a New York accent. " (Disney Fandom)

Here's a clip from Bolt featuring Mittens:

And here is an article with a couple of Mittens fun facts amongst some facts about the movie in general.

You got: Simba
You're a natural-born leader who people look up to, though you can be a little selfish at times. Still, when the moment calls for it, you'll always do what is right over what is easy.

And I picked the shield bug, because I am highly allergic to meal worms. - I found this out (years ago) feeding DS's beta fish one day. I must not have washed my hands quite well enough, and a few minutes later took out my contacts...I was unaware the white part of your eye could swell up that much. o_O

Thankfully, and with a rather large dose of Benadryl, I did end up OK - but no worms for me, thank you!

55 minutes since my last post

310/500

Last edited:

I have been dealing with some wear health issues. I'm trying to still get my minutes in, but not sure i'm going to be successful.

11/16 57
11/17 0
11/18 62
11/19 38

706 total

Today's featured Disney cat is from the 1977 animated film The Rescuers. Meet Rufus:

Rufus is a senior kitty befriended by Penny during her time at Morningside Orphanage. Here's a great article about this wise and lovable old cat:

https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2013/10/23/rufus-the-most-motivational-and-wise-pet-ever/
I was a wee child when this movie came out and have not seen it since. I think it's time to watch it again so I can get to know Rufus a bit better! Any Rufus fans out there?

No color changes to report today, but our Disney cat nod goes to Bagheera from The Jungle Book.

Here are some Bagheera fun facts taken from this article featuring both Baloo and Bagheera:

6. Bagheera was voiced by Ben Kingsley in the live action version of the film, while Sebastian Cabot portrayed him in the 1967 animated classic. Sebastian Cabot’s voice should be familiar to Disney fans; he played the part of Sir Ector in 1963’s The Sword and the Stone, and was the narrator of 1977’s The Many Adventure of Winnie the Pooh.
7. Bagheera is a melanistic leopard, commonly referred to as a black panther. So if he is a leopard, where are his spots? Well, in real life black panthers do have spots, but they are hidden by the black pigment in the rest of their fur (“melanism” refers to the development of the dark-colored pigment melanin in the skin). The effect is often called “ghost striping,” and gives the fur an effect similar to that of printed silk. No wonder Bagheera is so smooth and slinky!
8. Even though he is a black panther, Bagheera’s name means “black tiger” in Hindi (“bagha” means “tiger” in Hindi).
9. In the 1967 animated film, Bagheera discovers Mowgli in the jungle. In actuality, in Kipling’s story Bagheera was unaware of Mowgli’s existence until he heard rumors of a wolf family adopting a man-cub.
10. You can also find Bagheera in Central America…sort of. It’s there that you might come upon a spider known as Bagheera kiplingi. The spider has an herbivorous diet, which is unique for spiders. The name isn’t coincidental, it was actually named for Bagheera and Rudyard Kipling by George and Elizabeth Peckham, entomologists who specialized in the study of jumping spiders.

We had one color change today - Twilight Sparkle (me) turning Regal Red! :cheer2:

Introducing Mochi from the 2014 Disney animated film Big Hero 6:

Mochi is a Japanese bobtail cat who belongs to Aunt Cass, Hiro, and Tadashi. According to Disney Fandom, he:
Attention, his family, Baymax, being petted, snuggling with Hiro, laser-pointers
Dislikes
Lack of attention, Hiro throwing him, baths, Alistair Krei, Mayoi, the vet

also from Disney Fandom:
Trivia
  • A painting of Mochi wearing a Stitch costume can be seen behind Hiro when he is talking to his aunt.
  • Japanese bobtail cats (especially calicoes) are considered lucky blessings in Japanese culture, and Cass's shop, the Lucky Cat Cafe has beckoning cats as the main theme.
  • Mochi's name comes from a type of Japanese rice cake, which is usually made in a special mochitsuki ceremony, and is usually served around the Japanese New Year.
  • Mochi is a male cat, but has a calico fur pattern, which is found almost exclusively in female cats due to the calico gene being found on the X chromosome. However, male calico cats do exist, but are extremely rare (about 1 in 3000 cats is born a male calico).
  • He can briefly be seen playing with a laser-pointer and sleeping on one of the microbot bins during Hiro's hard work montage.
  • Baymax's infamous line while petting Mochi, "Hairy baby...hairy baby," became a popular Internet meme during the film's release.
  • The bell on Mochi's collar is silver in the movie, but gold in the tv series.

I am going to bow out this month. I just realized my fitbit has died and I didn't know because I had my Bluetooth turned off. It was off for several days and I am not sure what my time has been. I have been behind though. That I do now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!