The Brand Spanking New (PART 2) Pop Century FAR OUT FAQ Thread!

I have to agree that the syrup-based Nescafe is truly bad...from my view it's ridiculously weak (and I'm not a fan of super-strong coffee).

Maybe if you mix in a touch of Espresso (which I know they have at the food court) it would make it more palatable.

At least they do have real half-and-half.

Rumor was that Disney was moving back to 100% Colombian Coffee (they used to have a contract with them before Nescafe came in). They did have a real 100% Colombian Coffee brewer at WL in August, but maybe it was just an experiment.

Eww! That doesn't sound good. I will definitely not share this info with DH. I will just act like I didn't know anything about it. My friend said Folgers is making some sort of instant latte that you just mix with hot water. Maybe I will grab some during our grocery stop! She said it's pretty good. I will be sad without my yummy morning coffee, but I'm sure the Disney atmosphere will help me overcome it!:) Perhaps Disney ought to look into a partnership with my friends at Starbucks. What a pair that would be!

Hey Ronald Duck,

Just a suggestion but having the POP layout map and ChairborneRanger's room schematic on the top post would be good addition. Not saying I need it but people new to thread.

I hope this thread is just as popular as the original.

I noticed Tyler hasn't visited yet. I know he's out there somewhere.

Anyway, 2 weeks to go and I get to find out what all the hub bub is about.

O.K. I am NOT a coffee drinker- so forgive me if this is common knowledge, but...

Folgers makes these tea bag-type, individual serving packages of coffee that you make with hot water just like you would a cup of tea. As I said though, I don't drink coffee, maybe these taste just as bad? And I suppose if you drink a lot of it, it wouldn't be very convenient....

Making my first visit to the POP in January for the marathon. I got a better rate with an AP that we had gotten for our block of rooms at ASMovies. I'll be doing 3 nights at POP, then three at WL (upgrade to the deluxe is a 'reward' for attempting the 1/2 marathon).

Now my question has nothing to do with the resort, but with the treads. I was on the original thread that was linked to the Resort FAQs at the top of the page and noticed it was closed at 150 pages. I thought we no longer had a page restriction since the server upgrades. There are threads on the CB over 400 pages! What's up with that? I think a FAQ thread should go on and, if necessary, restrict 'chatting' threads. Anybody know?

Originally posted by Babyfatt
Hey Ronald Duck,

Just a suggestion but having the POP layout map and ChairborneRanger's room schematic on the top post would be good addition.

DONE:p

Almost down to single digits for our first Pop stay (and first Christmas season trip:Pinkbounc )

Originally posted by ibouncetoo
I was on the original thread that was linked to the Resort FAQs at the top of the page and noticed it was closed at 150 pages. I thought we no longer had a page restriction since the server upgrades...I think a FAQ thread should go on and, if necessary, restrict 'chatting' threads. Anybody know?

I agree with you. All I know is that Sue Ellen, a Resorts Board Moderator, suddenly closed our first POP thread, so I started up a new one.

Also, I e-mailed her last week about replacing the link in the Resorts FAQ post from Part 1 to this Part 2 thread, but she hasn't done it yet:rolleyes:

I'm going to POP for our Disneymoon on 21/04. I'm finding these threads really useful so thanks to all those involved. I've never been to POP before so looking forward to it! Thanks again :thumbsup2

I find there are three options concerning the coffee at Pop-
1. Take a small travel coffee maker with you so that you can make your own in your room.
2.Maxwell House makes individual coffee bags (they look like tea bags but they are coffee), then you just need hot water.
3.Drink the coffee at Pop, it's not the best but it is drinkable - I've tasted a heck of a lot worse.
Good luck coffee drinkers!!!
:surfweb:

Not that I drink coffee, but are the cappucino/expresso available with the mugs?

Also, does it still offer fluffernutter french toast? I'm very intrigued by this concept!

I've never really had a problem with the coffee at POP and All Star resorts, but then I don't drink it black - so the 'additives' probably hide the problems!

My DH loves International Delight creamer - we buy the box of singles at Costco, then bring a bunch along in our suitcase.

I just add some creamer, and a bit of the hot cocoa at the drink stand and I like the mix just fine.

I use the Folgers coffee singles when we're camping, and I think those are a good option too - you can use the hot water provided at the drink kiosk and go that way. To me the coffee singles still don't taste 100% like 'real' coffee - but it's close!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter