The Best Place To Rent a Scooter

TAPMD

Earning My Ears
I’m coming to Disney in a couple of weeks and need to rent a scooter. Due to lower back issues, this will be my first time ever undying one. I’ve booked one through Gold Mobility but they seem hard to reach for questions. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Have you tried to call them directly?

And… what questions do you have? Maybe someone here can help you answer them! 🙂

I’m coming to Disney in a couple of weeks and need to rent a scooter. Due to lower back issues, this will be my first time ever undying one. I’ve booked one through Gold Mobility but they seem hard to reach for questions. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Honestly, they are quite easy to get ahold of, just give them a call.

Let us know what questions you have though, we may be able to help.

They are by far the best to rent from.

I can't help but wonder if they're having temporary "growing pains". You're not the first one to complain recently about reaching them. However, they are truly great with their rentals. I've rented from them 3 times, with plans to rent from them again in January. Mamabunny had a real good idea. Maybe someone here can help you with questions. We're a pretty helpful bunch-or at least we try!

Hijacking to ask... Are the batteries in the scooters(specifically the go-go sport) removable and chargeable away from the scooter? I'd rather leave the scooter in the truck than haul it in and out of the room daily to charge.

Hijacking to ask... Are the batteries in the scooters(specifically the go-go sport) removable and chargeable away from the scooter? I'd rather leave the scooter in the truck than haul it in and out of the room daily to charge.

That's a question for your rental vendor - when renting just make sure you ask them about that, and when it's delivered, ask how to do that.

Generally speaking you will want to make sure the power is turned off on the unit prior to removing or replacing batteries.

And make sure to charge all batteries fully overnight to have a great Disney Day the next day! 🙂 That may be the reason, btw, that you wind up bringing the scooter in to the hotel room every night - if the unit charges multiple batteries at the same time, you likely will not be able to recharge all batteries overnight, as most rentals come with 1 charger + cord set. For example, my wheelchair has 2 batteries, but recharges both at the same time through 1 port; if I were to take them out to charge individually overnight, I would need to buy another charger cord set, since there is no way to "daisy chain" them outside of the chair.

For the GoGo Sport, yes they are removable and you can charge them in the room without taking the entire scooter out, unless the vendor somehow has locked them to the scooter. Basically on theGoGo sport, it is a battery pack that you remove from the scooter and use the same charger as the scooter has, on or off the scooter doesn't matter, it will charge both batteries in the pack at the same time.

I could use some help. I am staying at the Swan Reserve the week after Christmas. My mom is traveling with us. I am looking to rent a scooter for her. The last time we travelled to Disney with my parents we rented scooters right in the parks and that didn't go too well with getting to transportation out of the parks. Honestly, it was awful.

When I called Disney this past week, they recommended Scooterbug and gave me the number for that company, but I haven't seen anyone mention them. Should I call them or is there a company more preferred by others on the Disboards? What kinds of questions should I ask when I call? Do I need to be there when they drop the scooter off? What do I have to do to return the scooter? We are bringing a transport chair for traveling in the airport and to the resort.

I want to make sure this goes well since the last trip for my mom was rough getting to and from the parks and it has been her dream to return to Disney but wasn't able to with my dad's health issues. My dad passed away in September and we booked this trip the day after his funeral. The next day my mom had a stroke and has slowly been recovering. I want to make sure this trip is great for her. I don't know how much she will be able to do when we are there, but I want to make sure there are no scooter issues and no issues with getting to/around the parks. I would appreciate any advice in regards to scooters and scooter rentals.

Well, it's been over a month, and when I recently called Gold Mobility, they answered the first time I called. They only do reservations on line now, but the guy was very nice and said they were quite willing to answer any questions I might have. They used to do reservations by phone, but I wonder if it's more straightforward for them to have this paper trail-"I ordered, I know I did!" "I'm sorry, but we don't have a reservation listed".

Gold Mobility, and other vendors, drop off and pick up using bell services at the Swan and Dolphin. I assume Reserve is the same

Gold Mobility, and other vendors, drop off and pick up using bell services at the Swan and Dolphin. I assume Reserve is the same
Our next trip is Swan Reserve for 4 days just to attend the EPCOT Art festival in a couple weeks. We normally stay on site, but decided to try the new hotel. I called and checked with Gold Mobility and they use the bell desk service at Reserve for pick up and delivery. They don't have to meet in person at that hotel just the Disney owned hotels. It's our second time using them for a 4 scooter group. First time was the best scooter rental experience we have ever had with a scooter company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!