The August 2018 "Vacation Vote" Exercise Thread

What an awesome thread idea! Definitely wanna join if that's ok:cutie:
I don't know much regarding WDW since I've only been once (Feb/March 2017) so idk if my votes will be very credible lol but anywho...
Minute Goal: 1200

Today I rode my indoor bike, paced a lot +chores
50/1200

ETA: I'm voting for Ohana for dinner since I'm reeeeeeaaaallllyyyyy hoping to eat there next visit. I realize it's not technically MK tho so my 2nd is CRT since I doubt I'll ever eat there irl haha

Last edited:

40 minute walk/jog - - I've been doing this fun thing recently where I watch Glee and walk during the dialogue but jog during the songs. I know Smash is another show with musical numbers. Anything else out there similar that I should look into? I have enough Glee episodes to last awhile, but just thought I would look into something for future reference. Please let me know if you think of something. Thanks!

445/1500

@Twilight Sparkle I don't have any suggestions since I don't really watch tv but that's a really good exercise idea!
~
~
I kicked today's booty! I was up at 5am and did a half hour of basic yoga. Throughout the day I rode my indoor bike (3 sessions: 30 min each) and did more yoga. I did 2 of Boho Beautiful's YouTube videos, one right after the other. First, a 20min strength/flexibility sequence, then a 10min yogilates workout.
Then I went on a 45 min walk with my dog, Kirby. All that = 195 min
Overall total: 245/1200
:flower1:

Hope you're all having a marvelous day!

{Edited: didn't want the videos in the post, not sure if it's against any rules}

Last edited:
Team! Sorry I was M.I.A. the last 2 days. I started a new job this week and got sick. I've not been exercising much, or really doing anything other than laying in bed for that matter.

But I got everyone updated!
Welcome DaddysPrincess, and congratulations on reaching Stand by Blue. :welcome:Well done to HappyGrape for turning Blue as well.

And good job sophy1996 and liquid17! You both have reached Open to Close Orange!

After reading through everyone's posts, it looks like we're leaning toward BOG for dinner!
be-our-guest-restaurant-00.jpg

Another image from Disney's website to set the mood! I have only ever been to BOG for breakfast, which was lovely, but now that dinner is signature (2 DDP Credits) I don't know if I will ever make the reservation myself. So it's fun to pretend we'll be going there!

And, because we got several votes for Ohana and the monorail pub crawl, we'll end our night visiting the Poly for Trader Sam's, and we can hit up Contemporary Resort and Grand Floridian while we're at it! A veeerrrrryyy busy day!
Here's a link to a DIS article about the pub crawl!

Team, let's talk about DAY 2! Let's vote on the next park to visit:
Epcot, Hollywood Studios, or Animal Kingdom?

Last edited:
another 40 minute walk/jog, heading to the barn later today so I'll have more to report later

485/1500

Put me down for AK, too. Love that park!

Elizabeth Smith, so sorry to hear you've been sick. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

@sophy1996 , come hang out on my deck and you'll get your fill of hawks. They circle our yard all day long. I had a very close up encounter with a juvenile Red Tailed Hawk this week. It decided to land on one of our bird feeders just off the deck. I opened the back door to go outside and there it was. Quite a sight. I think this one must belong to the family that nested in the greenbelt right across the street from our house. We also had a few Mississippi Kites circling our yard earlier in the summer. They are so pretty. Do you have any idea what sort of hawks you saw on your walk? I know they can be difficult to identify if they're flying, but maybe you were lucky enough to see them at rest?

@Elizabeth Smith ty! And Im sorry you've been sick :( hope you make a quick recovery!

@sophy1996 @Twilight Sparkle I love hawks (and really all birds). I'm lucky I live right by a family of them, possibly red tails? All spring/summer, I've been seeing and hearing them around our house. Another cool bird that comes around is a pileated woodpecker. Ooh and we also have a few different kinds of owls that hoot to each other at night. I love hearing them. There's a great horned that will "talk" to my bf sometimes lol it's so cute

Anyway...
My vote is also for AK (Epcot is a close 2nd tho)

Minutes Update:
Did another 2 YouTube yoga videos by Boho Beautiful (one right after the other, right before bed)
~20min Detox/Digestion flow
~10min bedtime yoga that I literally did in bed lol
This morning I rode the indoor bike for 30min; I'm currently on it rn & will have another 30min in. So that's 90min
TOTAL: 335/1200

{Edited bc I can't do math haha}

30 walking minutes since my last post

285/620

I've been doing this fun thing recently where I watch Glee and walk during the dialogue but jog during the songs.

Love that idea! I do something a little bit similar when I exercise in front of the TV as well, only I speed up the pace when I fast-forward over commercials.

Team, let's talk about DAY 2! Let's vote on the next park to visit:
Epcot, Hollywood Studios, or Animal Kingdom?

Another for AK!

I’m in for AK! Flight of Passage is The. Best. Ride. Ever!!!! I actually have 4 FPs on my next trip -in 47 days! Where shall we have lunch?

We haven't been to Pandora yet. Heck, I haven't even seen Avatar! But I hear great things about the ride.

@sophy1996 , come hang out on my deck and you'll get your fill of hawks. They circle our yard all day long. I had a very close up encounter with a juvenile Red Tailed Hawk this week. It decided to land on one of our bird feeders just off the deck. I opened the back door to go outside and there it was. Quite a sight. I think this one must belong to the family that nested in the greenbelt right across the street from our house. We also had a few Mississippi Kites circling our yard earlier in the summer. They are so pretty. Do you have any idea what sort of hawks you saw on your walk? I know they can be difficult to identify if they're flying, but maybe you were lucky enough to see them at rest?

@sophy1996 @Twilight Sparkle I love hawks (and really all birds). I'm lucky I live right by a family of them, possibly red tails? All spring/summer, I've been seeing and hearing them around our house.

I think these might be red tails as well. One had a snack in our backyard the other week. We've known there were hawks around for awhile, but given the number of sitings in the last few weeks, it seems like at least one has decided to relocate to the greenbelt behind our house. Thursday morning it came in for a landing on the roof then moved to one of our trees to survey the area for a bit. Then Thursday night it was on the telephone pole down the path, and was joined by a second hawk.

The city has been painting murals to brighten up underpasses on our walking/biking path, and the one right by us (less than a year old) is a beautiful hawk. Maybe it drew the hawks to us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter