The All-New "unofficial" AKL/AKV's Jambo & Kidani FAQ thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help with my Jiko reservation time...we'd like to do the storytelling in the evening, what would be a good time to book dinner, before or after that? We're going in April. thanks.

What section should I request??? I'm asking this in both AKL threads :thumbsup2
Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any Savannah view. We were on the Zebra trail and had a great view. Our room was #2505, just close enough to the lobby to make everything convenient, but not too close to have the view obstructed by the Arusha Overlook.

The reason I ask is because we are currently booked for a standard view but have been told by MANY that AKL upgrades frequently and we stand a good chance especially going in the off season. I'm taking a few DISers advice and requesting a section I KNOW is Savannah view so as to not directly ask for an upgrade. Zebra trail I think looks best because if we don't get a Savannah view at least we could get a pool view.

The reason I ask is because we are currently booked for a standard view but have been told by MANY that AKL upgrades frequently and we stand a good chance especially going in the off season. I'm taking a few DISers advice and requesting a section I KNOW is Savannah view so as to not directly ask for an upgrade. Zebra trail I think looks best because if we don't get a Savannah view at least we could get a pool view.

I had asked this same question before booking AKL for our upcoming trip and they had suggested that I not ask for a specific trail if your booking standard view. That your upgrade may have a higher chance of occuring by just asking for specific room types (king, double, bunk, etc.), so all we requested was king room in a quiet area. Anyone else have a suggestion about this question?

Hey Princess Amy and TKDisneyLover! It looks like we'll all be arriving at the AKL around the same time!

We always stay on the Arusha Savannah, Zebra Trail. The restaurants and pool are located on this side of the Lodge.

We always stay on the Arusha Savannah, Zebra Trail. The restaurants and pool are located on this side of the Lodge.

He is right on:thumbsup2
While we have not stayed...yet:) this was our request.
Ostrich and Giraffe trails are smaller wings, perhaps not the best views. My SIL stayed in Giraffe....all I recall is the llooonnngg walk to her room. Zebra trail should put you in a great area...try to request a 3rd or 4th floor room:)
Hope this helps!

I had asked this same question before booking AKL for our upcoming trip and they had suggested that I not ask for a specific trail if your booking standard view. That your upgrade may have a higher chance of occuring by just asking for specific room types (king, double, bunk, etc.), so all we requested was king room in a quiet area. Anyone else have a suggestion about this question?

Hmmm I would also like to know this --- I know there are king standard rooms and that's why a few DISers told me to either just ask for the upgrade since it's value season and we are arriving before the marathon crowds, or ask for a specific location.

What section should I request?? I'm asking this question in both AKL threads :thumbsup2

I know you asked a bit more detailed question regarding "requests" on the other thread, but I'm going to answer here! :)

List the most important thing (and I have a feeling that might be a "king" bed!) first; then if there's something else you want (specific floor, trail, etc.), list it 2nd. I wouldn't recommend making any more than 2 requests.

I'll bet they already know it's your honeymoon, right? (if not, make sure that's noted on your reservation!)

In slower times you are more likely to be upgraded (really just depends on how full the resort is during your stay). So here's some pixie dust that you'll get the room you're wishing for pixiedust:

When you check in, they'll show you on the resort map the area where your room is located. If it doesn't look like what you were hoping for, you can certainly ask if any upgrades are available. One visit (Nov 2006), I had booked standard and was upgraded to savanna. Great! Well, not so great -- I walked ALL the way down to the end of Kudu Trail to my room, opened the door, saw the view and decided I'd go back to the front desk and ask for my "standard view" back!! :rotfl: They gave me another savanna room that was AWESOME!! :thumbsup2

I was told on another tread *not* to request a certain section.... hmmmm don't really know now.... Was planning on requesting a king bed located in zebra trail if possible.....

I was told on another tread *not* to request a certain section.... hmmmm don't really know now.... Was planning on requesting a king bed located in zebra trail if possible.....

By 'certain section' do you mean Trail? I don't think there's any harm in requesting Zebra Trail - just make sure you list "king" first. Above all, don't worry about it. Have faith that you'll get the perfect room for you and your groom! :goodvibes

(and FWIW, I think Zebra Trail is the best, but I've also had some awesome rooms on Kudu Trail -- as long as the room is near the lobby) :thumbsup2

Sorry, by section I do mean trail. I think I will go ahead and request Zebra Trail and a King bed. Hopefully this won't be too much to ask. We are also arriving on the 6th - before the marathon crowds - so maybe an upgrade will be possible - we'll just have to see :) Also, I don't think that the fact that it's our honeymoon is noted on our reservations. I know it was on our original one's that we had booked through a TA, but we've since canceled that reservation and booked directly through Disney. I guess I should call Disney and have them make a note for us. I ordered our bride/groom ears already from disney merchandise and we'll be wearing them 24/7, so maybe that will also give them a clue :thumbsup2

Sorry, by section I do mean trail. I think I will go ahead and request Zebra Trail and a King bed. Hopefully this won't be too much to ask. We are also arriving on the 6th - before the marathon crowds - so maybe an upgrade will be possible - we'll just have to see :) Also, I don't think that the fact that it's our honeymoon is noted on our reservations. I know it was on our original one's that we had booked through a TA, but we've since canceled that reservation and booked directly through Disney. I guess I should call Disney and have them make a note for us. I ordered our bride/groom ears already from disney merchandise and we'll be wearing them 24/7, so maybe that will also give them a clue :thumbsup2

Definitely call WDTC and make those requests, plus have them note "honeymoon"!

Please don't forget about us when you return home. We'll want to hear some of the details! ;)

Please don't forget about us when you return home. We'll want to hear some of the details! ;)

I already have a "pre trip report" - the link is in my siggy - and will DEFINITELY be doing a trip report when we get back!!!!!! Thanks for the help!

Are there only standard club level rooms on the 4th floor? We wanted to stay on the club lounge level. Is that possible?

Can you get a club level savannah room promised or not? There seemed to be some mixed messages.

Can we get a standard room on the club lounge level with a savannah view?

Thanks!!!!

Also - what is the "bead activity" and what ages? Thanks again.

Are there only standard club level rooms on the 4th floor? We wanted to stay on the club lounge level. Is that possible?

Can you get a club level savannah room promised or not? There seemed to be some mixed messages.

Can we get a standard room on the club lounge level with a savannah view?

Thanks!!!!

Also - what is the "bead activity" and what ages? Thanks again.

Someone else will have to answer the bead activity question, but here is the information about the rooms:

There are no Club Level rooms on 5th or 6th (lounge level) floors for non-DVC resort guests. Pre-DVC construction, getting a room on the lounge level wasn't a sure thing (limited supply/huge demand!).

If you book Club Level through WDTC, you are guaranteed a savanna view, 4th floor, within reasonable distance of the lobby. :thumbsup2

Once you've made a CL reservation, AKL's wonderful IPO will be happy to answer any questions you have about room location. :goodvibes

HTHs! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter