The All New Grand Floridian FAQ - APRIL 2010

BamaTigger LOL! I will reveal my true identity after my mission is complete since "GFSurprise" is my secret agent code name. ;) Sometimes I go to reply to this thread and almost forget to log out of my normal DIS name..close call!

I will be waiting!! Looks like we will be at the GF around the same time!!!:goodvibes

That my package for June is ALL PAID OFF!! :banana::dance3::yay::cool1: I'm so excited I just had to share. Hope ya'll don't mind. :goodvibes

We'll probably modify our dining from the DDP to the DxDDP the end of this month. DD10 is very excited about ordering room service for a few of our meals. For folks who have used the dining plan for room service and your kids were around 10 - 12, what things did they like ordering? Just curious. This is the first time DD will be using the DDP as an 'adult' instead of a child.

TIA! :hippie:

...and we're going back to the Grand Floridian!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

My DF and I are heading to the World this Saturday for a long weekend getaway. We were originally booked at POR but I think we were both a little disappointed to be staying somewhere other than our favorite resort. So as a surprise (if I can contain my excitement enough not to tell him) I just called and changed our reservation!!

We've stayed at this resort twice before but never in a Garden View room. Any suggestions on room location or are they all good?

TIA!

My DF and I are heading to the World this Saturday for a long weekend getaway. We were originally booked at POR but I think we were both a little disappointed to be staying somewhere other than our favorite resort. So as a surprise (if I can contain my excitement enough not to tell him) I just called and changed our reservation!!

We've stayed at this resort twice before but never in a Garden View room. Any suggestions on room location or are they all good?

TIA!

I'd say they're all good. Boca Chica is my personal favorite :cloud9: Love the view of the Main Building, especially at night.
Congratulations and have an awesome time.
P.S. Good move on the switch :thumbsup2

That my package for June is ALL PAID OFF!! :banana::dance3::yay::cool1: I'm so excited I just had to share. Hope ya'll don't mind. :goodvibes

:hippie:

I feel ya MsStinkerBelle...it feels good dont it? :cloud9:

Not only did I have to renew 2 AP's, but I had to pay off my RPC stay for this month! :scared1: I scrimped and saved, but dern it, I PAID IT ALL OFF!

Now Im ready to go! Gotta count my "WDW jug change" in a few weeks for our spending money! We save our change thru out several months to go towards our spending money....LOL...it sure does add up after a while! :woohoo::woohoo:

GFSurprise, those times are generally followed no matter what time Wishes is scheduled with the noted exception of 9pm Wishes. Can't wait to find out who you are. :surfweb: Congrats on keeping your secret.

Who is going to the GF in May? :grouphug:

We are!!!!!

We are going in May, too!!!! I can't wait. In twenty-three days we will be checking in and loving it.:woohoo::banana::yay:

I changed our ressies this wk to GF instead of Poly. I thought it would be more "Christmas-y" and it wasn't a big difference in price. Now, back to the compulsive overplanning....

Hi! I am planning going the same time as you but 2011, please be sure to let us know how it is then. I am still trying to justify staying at the GF but this is a special mother/daughter trip and I really know that it's mom's dream to stay there ever since we stayed there back in 1994....now i just gotta save save save!!!!!

BCV23 - It seems you just got back!!:laughing: So wonderful that you are returning so soon.:cloud9:

johnsonet - Good to see you!:hug: We've only stayed in TPV in Boca Chica, but I've always thought the garden views would be so pretty from there, with that direct view of the main building.

MsStinkerBelle - Congratulations on paying off your package, of course we don't mind you posting about it. I know that feels great.:dance3:

Congrats to you, too, BamaTigger - I'm always happy to get a big chunk paid off.:banana:

PrincessJo and em36, I know you must both be excited that it's getting so close.:grouphug:

elizflynn - so sweet that you are making your mother's dream come true.:hug: Christmas at the GF is so magical, I know you are both going to love it.

Hi! I am planning going the same time as you but 2011, please be sure to let us know how it is then. I am still trying to justify staying at the GF but this is a special mother/daughter trip and I really know that it's mom's dream to stay there ever since we stayed there back in 1994....now i just gotta save save save!!!!!

Thats great! And trust me...the GF is SO WORTH saving for! :)

No need to justify it...just go, enjoy and relish the grandeur of the GF! :cloud9:

oh yea, i have a question. I know the dormer rooms are on the very top floor with the private balcony, but what kind of rooms are they in the main building?

Are they more special since its RPC or just a standard room? Ive been wondering that for a while and been forgetting to ask. :confused3

I just checked my reservation (GV room) and it says "Landscape View" now. I think it looks funny, Garden view sounds nicer to me. I wonder if Disney is changing the room categories/names...

DisneyFreak06, that's interesting about the "landscape view". Wonder if they'll start different prices for landscape, pool, marina, etc.

BCV23, Thanks for the info. I didn't realize the water pageant pretty much stayed the same.

MsStinkerBelle, Congrats!! It's such a great feeling to have things paid off!!

BamaTigger, We give our DS our change throughout the year and I'm always amazed at home much he ends up with!

I changed my countdown. We decided instead of waking up a 4am and driving straight through to WDW on Saturday that instead we'll leave after I get off of work on Friday and stop half way. That means we'll get to WDW around noon instead of 4 or 5 pm! Woo Hoo!! I went ahead and added another day to our park hoppers. DH thought about keeping just the 5 day hopper to avoid the temptation of going to the parks, but it's so cheap and once he finds out we're staying at the GF there's no way he'd be able to avoid the MK since it'll only be a monorail stop away!!

Thanks everybody!!!!!

I will see if I have some more and will post later and yes there was some post processing done. I just did a little cropping and adjusted the saturation slightly.

Evad - Great shots - I've seen those before! :thumbsup2 We're on the Magic together in October!:dance3:
Can't wait for the cruise, it should be a lot of fun!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Just got off the phone with my room request - last year we had a view of the pool from SL, loved it, hope I get my wish!!

I just checked my reservation (GV room) and it says "Landscape View" now. I think it looks funny, Garden view sounds nicer to me. I wonder if Disney is changing the room categories/names...

I saw that too.... we switched from theme park view to save some money. I called and they said it means garden view. But I never know if the call center reps answering the phone really know what they are talking about.

GFSurprise, those times are generally followed no matter what time Wishes is scheduled with the noted exception of 9pm Wishes. Can't wait to find out who you are. :surfweb: Congrats on keeping your secret.

Who is going to the GF in May? :grouphug:

We are!!!!!

BCV23 - You are one lucky girl! I won't be back to WDW until October and I'm staying at the BCV! Food and Wine followed by 7 dyas on the Magic! Please tell us all about your stay..:hippie:

Back to WDW so soon, BCV23 princess: ?? You crack me up :rotfl: Lucky girl!

We will be at BC this month :woohoo: So excited!!

Have fun, girl! I'll be there in a few months!:banana:

TIA!

I love Sago marina view which is a GV request. I just love looking at water on vacation and Sago has always been a quieter building which I like!:lovestruc

The system has played around with terminology in the past. I think it was calling GF garden views "Landscape Views" a couple of years ago. Maybe people thought they would really be looking at a garden and complained!:confused3

I just booked RPC for our August trip:cool1: We have stayed at the GF before but never in the main building. I am so excited and I have a few questions for the experts. I booked a standard RPC (TPV was not an option with the 40% off code). What kind of view can I expect? I would prefer the lagoon view as opposed to the courtyard view, if possible. Also, I saw somewhere that the lounge has game tables. My girls are 4 & 7 so I wonder if there are games in the lounge for them. Finally, here is the silly question. Do we have to walk through the lobby to get to the pool or is there another way out? Thanks for the advice. Also, this thread has been very helpful! If there are any other tips for staying in the main building please pass them on. Thanks!!!

Back to WDW so soon, BCV23 princess: ?? You crack me up :rotfl: Lucky girl!

We will be at BC this month :woohoo: So excited!!

I am spoiled. Can't wait to be back.

How exciting that you will be at BC this month!!!:cool1: Our trip this month is BCV/GF/BLT. Maybe we'll run into each other! :goodvibes

We'll probably modify our dining from the DDP to the DxDDP the end of this month. DD10 is very excited about ordering room service for a few of our meals. For folks who have used the dining plan for room service and your kids were around 10 - 12, what things did they like ordering? Just curious. This is the first time DD will be using the DDP as an 'adult' instead of a child.

TIA! :hippie:

Congratulations! :cool1:

Deluxe dining plan at the GF....perfect.

BCV23 - It seems you just got back!!:laughing: So wonderful that you are returning so soon.:cloud9:

How about you...do you have a GF trip planned any time soon? :)

oh yea, i have a question. I know the dormer rooms are on the very top floor with the private balcony, but what kind of rooms are they in the main building?

Are they more special since its RPC or just a standard room? Ive been wondering that for a while and been forgetting to ask. :confused3

Except for suites, the rooms in RPC are the same as the outer buildings.

Thanks everybody!!!!!

I will see if I have some more and will post later and yes there was some post processing done. I just did a little cropping and adjusted the saturation slightly.

Loved your photos and am looking forward to seeing more. :surfweb: Thanks for sharing with all of us.

BCV23 - You are one lucky girl! I won't be back to WDW until October and I'm staying at the BCV! Food and Wine followed by 7 dyas on the Magic! Please tell us all about your stay..:hippie:

Hi minniesota.:flower3: I hope you enjoy BCV as much as we do. :goodvibes We almost booked a Disney cruise for this month and are now determined to do one in the next year or so. Will you post a little about it here? :surfweb: A little OT chat is fun and it's all Disney. :wizard:

I just booked RPC for our August trip:cool1: We have stayed at the GF before but never in the main building. I am so excited and I have a few questions for the experts. I booked a standard RPC (TPV was not an option with the 40% off code). What kind of view can I expect? I would prefer the lagoon view as opposed to the courtyard view, if possible. Also, I saw somewhere that the lounge has game tables. My girls are 4 & 7 so I wonder if there are games in the lounge for them. Finally, here is the silly question. Do we have to walk through the lobby to get to the pool or is there another way out? Thanks for the advice. Also, this thread has been very helpful! If there are any other tips for staying in the main building please pass them on. Thanks!!!

How exciting! My understanding is that your view will be of the courtyard or lagoon looking toward the wedding chapel and Polynesian. Perhaps just request lagoon view? Can't help about the games but there is an elevator down the hall that exits near Gasparilla's to avoid walking through the lobby on the way to the pools. Happy planning! :surfweb:

Also note when taking the main concierge elevator, you're along the wall so that really you can walk "around" the lobby as opposed to "through" the lobby. It's a small distinction, but you don't have to walk across the center of the lobby and feel like you're on display.

I have one more question! As I posted yesterday, I am surprising my DF with a stay at the GF this weekend (he thinks we are going to POR).

We're renting a car (he is driving) and I'm going to have our GPS direct him to the "wrong" hotel. Once we pass the DTD area I think he'll start to figure things out but I want to keep him guessing until we arrive at the resort (he might think we are going to the Poly instead). I can't remember though if we'll need to pass thru the MK toll plaza and if we do will we have to tell them where we are going?

Thanks! 4 days!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter