The ABC's of a BSN Celebration! Trip Wrap up; Final Thoughts (7/11)

Your plans sound great, McPlannypants! I am looking forward to hearing all about it. We were supposed to be there the 27th thru the 10th but postponed due to Covid... :sad:

E is for: EEK! EXTRA PERSON EQUALS EXTRA EXCITEMENT

Whelp, Friendlies... as they say, there's no time like the last minute. And when your daughter says she wants to go and you have no reason to say no, you don't. Instead, you enthusiasically say, "OF COURSE!! But are you serious?!"

"Yep, since the cruise is off and I don't want to go just to Italy, I'll splurge on this instead!"

When we sat down to dinner last night, it was myself and a couple of wonderful ladies going to Disney. By the time dinner was over, I had myself another wonderful lady going with me- my daughter, Michaela, who goes by Mikki.

B9921F94-4F41-4634-BC09-4E36B63A3D64.jpeg73F2FF54-2573-4057-A882-093AF59E2291.jpeg

This began a cascade and flurry of planning! Luckily, one of our party is a supercalifragilistic TA and went into overdrive this morning! Thank you MEK!

While I was working with some pretty needy patients today, Mary Ellen was busy getting Mikki a ticket, adding her into our Room Reservation, and getting her booked on ME. That done, by the time I got off at 5:30, it was my turn to take over. By 6:45, I had made all of her Park Reservations, bought her a plane ticket, and linked her up to all of us for the Planning Party. She has the app downloaded and is ready to roll! I'm so excited! Yes, it will definitely change the dynamic of the trip. Now, instead of the Older-Than-the-20-Somethings-Trip it's now the I'm-Not-Sure-I-Can-Keep-Up Trip. It's a pretty nice feeling to know though that your daughter isn't too cool for school and legit wants to hang out with her mom. I'll take any time I can get from this busy, young S.I.N.K. of mine.

Fun Facts:

1) I've never planned a trip this close to leaving, let alone added a traveler to the party within mere days of leaving.

2) She's saving me $169 bucks in a hotel room/parking. I'm going to cancel that hotel room and stay at her place in Portland, and either she'll drive us and park (and pay she tells me) or we'll take a Lyft.

3) We were beyond lucky and able to book her on the same non-stop! More than likely we won't get to sit together, but, maybe?

Last edited:
Nice that you're able to add your daughter in at such short notice. I'm sure you're very happy to have her along.

That is awesome! Is the cruise a definite no for September? Bummer, I know how much you were looking forward to that.
I think you know how I feel about mother /daughter trips!❤️👍

That is awesome! Is the cruise a definite no for September? Bummer, I know how much you were looking forward to that.
I think you know how I feel about mother /daughter trips!❤👍
Yes, we got official word a couple of weeks go. :( However, I am determined to see Italy and am planning a splenidferous Land Tour that will last longer and see more things.

Yes, they are the best!! However, at 10:00 last night, I got some MORE news and will update again soon. ;) Ugh, this trip to Disney is like a movng target. LOL!!

Okay, have a couple minutes to more fully reply.

Instead, you enthusiasically say, "OF COURSE!! But are you serious?!"
That may be you, but me? My question is "OF COURSE!!.... Wait... who's paying???"
"Yep, since the cruise is off
Oh really? That's a shame. And... I'm surprised. Your ticker says 7 months out. Thought it might be okay by then.
Was it you or Mikki that decided to cancel?
By the time dinner was over, I had myself another wonderful lady going with me- my daughter, Michaela, who goes by Mikki.
That must've been one heck of a dinner!
B9921F94-4F41-4634-BC09-4E36B63A3D64.jpeg
:laughing: What is she doing???
Luckily, one of our party is a supercalifragilistic TA and went into overdrive this morning! Thank you @MEK!
I need a travel companion like that. ::yes::
I was working with some pretty needy patients today
Okay... I first read that as "some pretty nerdy patients"

I was picturing patients with taped up glasses and pocket protectors.
"So, what kind of conductive adhesive do you use on those leads? Do you use a nanosilica filler?"
Mary Ellen was busy getting Mikki a ticket, adding her into our Room Reservation, and getting her booked on ME. That done, by the time I got off at 5:30, it was my turn to take over. By 6:45, I had made all of her Park Reservations, bought her a plane ticket, and linked her up to all of us for the Planning Party.
:faint:
Now, instead of the Older-Than-the-20-Somethings-Trip it's now the I'm-Not-Sure-I-Can-Keep-Up Trip.
:laughing:
Don't break a hip trying to keep up!
I've never planned a trip this close to leaving, let alone added a traveler to the party within mere days of leaving.
I'll bet! I don't know if I'd be more happy... or stressed!
She's saving me $169 bucks in a hotel room/parking. I'm going to cancel that hotel room and stay at her place in Portland, and either she'll drive us and park (and pay she tells me) or we'll take a Lyft.
Nice. But... why didn't you do that in the first place? Even without her going?

Congrats on your BSN! I graduate in May and I'm planning my graduation trip for September, with my kids, but if they back out then I'll move it to August. My professor asked me the other week where I get my super power from, going to school and working 2 jobs (both at hospitals), I told her that it's called divorce. :rotfl2: Sounds like you're going to have a fun trip.

Wonderful news! She sounds a lot like Michelle. We've added her a couple of times to trips and still waiting to see if she ends up joining us in May.

Looking forward to all the fun you'll be having.

1) I've never planned a trip this close to leaving, let alone added a traveler to the party within mere days of leaving.

2) She's saving me $169 bucks in a hotel room/parking. I'm going to cancel that hotel room and stay at her place in Portland, and either she'll drive us and park (and pay she tells me) or we'll take a Lyft.

3) We were beyond lucky and able to book her on the same non-stop! More than likely we won't get to sit together, but, maybe?
This sounds like fun and definitely worth the trouble. Last minute trips are exciting. I decided to go with my sister just yesterday for a trip that starts on Friday. We'll be staying at Coronado Springs, a new resort for both of us :)

Hi all,

We had a bit of a semi-surprise snow storm come through today. While I was still at work reports were coming in of wrecks all over town and it looked like I wasn’t gonna be able to get up the hill to my house. I was scheduled for a shift that starts at 6 AM tomorrow morning so I didn’t want to be navigating icy roads at 5 o’clock in the morning for the normally 30 minute commute on rural roads. So I left straight from work today from my job in Salem, and what would normally take me 30 minutes to drive, took me about an hour and a half to get to the hospital. We just aren’t used to snow at all here.

So I pull into the parking lot and check my voicemail. After what I just went through I had been put on call tomorrow. Chances are about 50-50 I didn’t even need to come in.

:oops:

:rolleyes2

Ah well, At least I have a warm bed to sleep in and didn’t have to try to make it up my hill home. All that was to say that I didn’t bring my laptop and will have to get to replies tomorrow sometime.

I really need this vacation.

Last edited:
Hi all,

We had a bit of a semi-surprise snow storm come through today. While I was still at work reports were coming in of wrecks all over town and it looked like I wasn’t gonna be able to get up the hill to my house. I was scheduled for a shift that starts at 6 AM tomorrow morning so I didn’t want to be navigating icy roads at 5 o’clock in the morning for the normally 30 minute commute on rural roads. So I left straight from work today from my job in Salem, and what would normally take me 30 minutes to drive, took me about an hour and a half to get to the hospital. We just aren’t used to snow at all here.

So I pull into the parking lot and check my voicemail. After what I just went through I had been put on call tomorrow. Chances are about 50-50 I didn’t even need to come in.

:oops:

:rolleyes2

Ah well, At least I have a warm bed to sleep in and didn’t have to try to make it up my hill home. All that was to say that I didn’t bring my laptop and will have to get to replies tomorrow sometime.

I really need this vacation.
Oh, man! Sorry to hear all of that. But glad you at least arrived... somewhere, safely.

Oh, man! Sorry to hear all of that. But glad you at least arrived... somewhere, safely.
That shows how tired I am. I drove from my primary job in Salem to my hospital job in McMinnville about 30 minutes away. Make more sense?

When we sat down to dinner last night, it was myself and a couple of wonderful ladies going to Disney. By the time dinner was over, I had myself another wonderful lady going with me- my daughter, Michaela, who goes by Mikki.
Yay!
Yes, it will definitely change the dynamic of the trip. Now, instead of the Older-Than-the-20-Somethings-Trip it's now the I'm-Not-Sure-I-Can-Keep-Up Trip. It's a pretty nice feeling to know though that your daughter isn't too cool for school and legit wants to hang out with her mom. I'll take any time I can get from this busy, young S.I.N.K. of mine.
I love that......our adult children choosing to hang out with us is always a gift! :)
Yes, they are the best!! However, at 10:00 last night, I got some MORE news and will update again soon. ;) Ugh, this trip to Disney is like a movng target. LOL!!
Now I am curious!
o I left straight from work today from my job in Salem, and what would normally take me 30 minutes to drive, took me about an hour and a half to get to the hospital. We just aren’t used to snow at all here.
Glad you were safe.

How cool she is thinking of that too! It's such a great way for these kids to travel! Anara has her heart set on Cambodia and has watched some good videos on what life is like there for TOEFL teachers. :)
Our daughters must be cut from the same mold! Alyssa is also working on her TOEFL and plans to go to either Korea, Thailand, or Madrid, Spain. She was in Korea, Thailand, and Cambodia at this time last year and fell in love with Thailand. The people there are amazing!

A bit more news... and happy news at that. Disney found out I was coming and graciously extended all of their park hours by at least an hour and, in a couple of cases (MK), by 3!
Nice of them!! They saw what Bo Peep did in the Haunted Mansion to @pkondz in 2019 and knew not to spark your ire! :eek:

While there is a dismal lack of musical entertainment, and my beloved Tam Tam won't be there, VOL and Mariachi will and surely have a special number all cooked up for me. Afterall, it IS my BSN Celebration, no?
Don't forget the Jamitors! I bet they could work wonders with a couple of metal bedpans, IV poles, suction canisters, and surgical forceps! All in honor of your BSN! :rockband:
Speaking of planning, I wish it'd hurry up and be 10 days out so I can see the weather forecast. I mean how will I put each day's outfit in its own special baggie like some OCD freakish Planny McPlannyPants? Is she a distant relative of Go With the Flow Flo? :hippie:

A Girl Goes Commando- A Disney Special, aired (the special, not the underwear) this Thursday at 7:00 on Channel 5.
Don't touch that dial! (Do kids even know what a TV dial is these days?)

Salad and pita chips with hummus (I'll starve but want to be hungry anyway for my Monocrawl Gorgefest). Thoughts? I would go for the hummus and chips. Just make sure the hummus is a single serving size less than 3 oz. My 8 ounce container which was suppose to feed three kids got confiscated in the bag check area! I never thought that Hummus was a "liquid".

Why not do a Citrus Soft Serve Trifecta Challenge????? I mean HELLO!!! A Dole Whip (let her eat cake), a Citrus Swirl, and a Peter Pan Float ALL IN ONE DAY!!! Sounds like my kind of day! That was the only snack we bought outside of Epcot when we were there...besides frozen margaritas, of course. :hyper:
My brain is pretty well mushed up like I"ve been on meth for a while,
As long as you don't have a positive missing teeth to tattoo ratio, you are fine! :rotfl2:

Why just last week. No one at work seems to notice my missing teeth since I"m always wearing a mask. SEE! You're fine! :thumbsup2

Ugh, this trip to Disney is like a moving target. LOL!!
:tigger::sulley::mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::figment::ccat::maleficen:simba:

Q
UOTE="Steppesister, post: 62638886, member: 498246"]

Can't wait to read what happens next! Have a great time! Get lost in the Disney bubble and enjoy being away from reality!

That may be you, but me? My question is "OF COURSE!!.... Wait... who's paying???"

She will pitch in for the room, get her own ticket and her own food. :) She makes almost as much as I do, so time to adult up.

Oh really? That's a shame. And... I'm surprised. Your ticker says 7 months out. Thought it might be okay by then.
Was it you or Mikki that decided to cancel?

The cruise company- Celebrity. I guess the ship we were booked on is still in US waters and the CDC, the agency in control of that sort of thing, won't allow them to depart to European territory. Whatever. I'll strike out on my own.
That must've been one heck of a dinner!

It was a wild one!

:laughing: What is she doing???

We were both a little tipsy/silly that night. When there's not much else to do in a hotel room during Covid, you drink cocktails and watch movies.

And take ridiculous selfies.

I need a travel companion like that. ::yes::

Yes you do!!

Okay... I first read that as "some pretty nerdy patients"

I was picturing patients with taped up glasses and pocket protectors.
"So, what kind of conductive adhesive do you use on those leads? Do you use a nanosilica filler?"

:lmao:

Most of mine ask me, "What kind of really great drugs can you give me?"

:laughing:
Don't break a hip trying to keep up!

LOLOLOL!! We got a cold snap and snow, as you know, you know, and I did think about it a few times. I could wipe out today and my whole trip would be off. :scared:

I'll bet! I don't know if I'd be more happy... or stressed!

Both?

Nice. But... why didn't you do that in the first place? Even without her going?
Last time, I had to wake her up to give her the keys and pee, and I felt badly. I don't want to impose, I guess. I have done it once before and I don't think she minds, but don't want to take advantage or wear out my welcome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter