The ABC's of a BSN Celebration! Trip Wrap up; Final Thoughts (7/11)

You did?! LOL!! I re-read that and couldn't make out one word. I must have typed that too soon after waking up. ;)
It's like I can read your mind.

And stop thinking that thing you keep thinking of. I mean... really!
You are one lucky dude if you can sleep before vacation. ::yes::
It's called exhaustion. I find it's an excellent sleep-aid.

C is for: Condensed Compendium and Coursings of Color
A cornucopia of cacophonous consonants.
taking my chances at a hotel near the airport.
Taking your chances? Do you have to jump over a pool of piranha or something?
piranha james bond.gif
Because who likes to wake up at 3:30 AM for a flight? You? No?
No
a Monorail Crawl, getting a little snicky-snack and drinky-poo at Cali Grill, The Tambu Lounge, the Enchanted Rose, and lastly Topolinos.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... taking the monorail to Topolinos might prove... problematic.
5th- EPCOT with dinner at Via Napoli with this beauty:

What an odd dining companion.
BRIGHT and VIBRANT COLORS
I just about had a stroke, looking at that!
(Oh God, please let there be fountains flowing with Rice Cream.)
:lmao:
Don't let @pkondz fool you...he doesn't sleep most of the time so sheer exhaustion and he passes out before vacation. :lmao:
SEEEE???????

I sleep all the time before going to Disney. What's your point? :duck:
Actually, even before, when I actually traveled, I did also.
Don't let @pkondz fool you...he doesn't sleep most of the time so sheer exhaustion and he passes out before vacation. :lmao:

And in my case this time, that may also be the case.

I'm tired.
Errrm...isn't a recap, by definition, supposed to be at the end?
Well, it was the end of my PRE-Trip planning drivel. And for your smart-donkeyness, I just may make up more blathering to fill more void.

So it's new month's eve. I say close enough to be considered your new year.

Every month for the last 10 have felt like a year. One of these days we'll (collectively) realize this level of fear and living as humans were never meant to is unsustainable.

Yes...many a morning going to work has been much less than fun.

I super hope it's warm! I need some sun and warm!
That stinks!
I see what you did there! LOL!

I don't have an AP anymore, so I guess I won't be able to see you or @Malia78.
Don't sigh too big of a relief.
Actually, I don't think you need an AP to have dinner in DTD. We talked about it and if you're free the 1st, you could join us for Enzo's Hideaway. I could only get an ADR for 7:45.

I hope your trip is magical in new ways! I know tthatt Disney is not what we know and love but hopefully you will still make the trip magical! And can celebrate properly.
I will be the first to admit I am very excited to test the waters and see what new magic can be made. I think being a mostly solo traveler will make that a bit easier too. :goodvibes:

I used to follow her trip reports. This is another reminder of how many people have drifted away from the Dis forums. :(

I miss the "old" gang- Jordy, winkers, Timbo, we all had so much fun. Don't get me wrong... I love everyone here now too and new friends are always amazing, but the banter was so much more and the joking and ribbing was off the charts. I miss that.

It will be almost like normal again. :)

I really, really hope so. ::yes::

It's like I can read your mind.

And stop thinking that thing you keep thinking of. I mean... really!

HEY!! are you saying I have a dirty mind?!

It's called exhaustion. I find it's an excellent sleep-aid.

Know what? I am there. Made getting off my Ambien a bit easier this time. :guilty:
A cornucopia of cacophonous consonants.

Crap.

By the way, that is quite possibly English's best word.

Taking your chances? Do you have to jump over a pool of piranha or something?
piranha james bond.gif

:lmao:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... taking the monorail to Topolinos might prove... problematic.

No, no... I know that. :sad2:

Here's the route:

1. Bus to MK from AoA
  2. Mono to CR
  3. Mono to TTC (because Poly Station is defunct for now)
  4. Walk to GF
  5. Bus to DHS
  6. Skyliner to Riviera
  7. Skyliner "Home"
What an odd dining companion.

Har har, but in all seriousness, Kari may decline this one as she has her sights on even more food from FArts than I do and I am not sure about MEK yet. Might be just lil ol' me.

I just about had a stroke, looking at that!

One side of your face drooping? Drooling more than usual?

SEEEE???????

I see, I see....

Well, it was the end of my PRE-Trip planning drivel. And for your smart-donkeyness, I just may make up more blathering to fill more void.
No! Please no! No more of your blat....err, I mean insightful and rivoting prose.

I super hope it's warm! I need some sun and warm!
Since I only have my bike(MC), I wish/hope/pray every morning is warm. This morning it was 39 coming in and me no likey. This afternoon they say will be 72.

Actually, I don't think you need an AP to have dinner in DTD. We talked about it and if you're free the 1st, you could join us for Enzo's Hideaway. I could only get an ADR for 7:45
I think I might manage that although it will make for a late night...I normally turn into a pumpkin at 9.

but the banter was so much more and the joking and ribbing was off the charts. I miss that.
So???? You want us to up the level, is that what you're saying? I've been careful cause I don't want to get myself banned, but be careful what you wish for....

Only if the gutter can be considered dirty.

more food from FArts
I thought farts from food was more likely and/or problematic.

Last edited:

I had already bought a room/ticket package. After we started talking and thinking things through, it became apparent that it was going to be better for several reasons for her to re-book us with a room only and for me to buy a separate park ticket. That way she could be on the room reservation right away and I wouldn’t have to add her as a day guest and leaving the loosey-goosey ME thing to worry less about. Also, it would get her the commission and save me about $100. The downside is that instead of a designated Cars Suite, we went with the “Family Suite” option that won’t guarantee a Cars one, but will get us a suite that could be in any of the sections. As long as it’s not in Little Mermaid of the Outermost Rim Section I’m happy.
Saving money is always a good thing!
I fly out early enough on the 31st that I decided, on the wise advice of a friend, to book a hotel room the night before. After factoring in the parking I’d have spent at the Airport lot, I’d only be spending $80 or so more. I am confident it will be better than the Portland Airport Ramada Inn stay I had several years ago where it was so sketch I literally had to barricade the door to feel safe. It was the same place I saw someone breaking into a car as I pulled in. Anyway, after a leisurely Saturday of packing and getting my nails and lashes done, I’ll set off to get a (hopefully) better night’s sleep and get a fresh start Sunday morning. Then again, do any of us actually sleep the night before a Disney trip, really?
No sleep before Disney OR in Disney!
After a bit more sleep than I normally would get, which isn’t much to begin with, I’ll jet across the continent and land about 3:35. Give or take a minute or two. In a perfect world, I’ll start off my BSN Celebration Extravaganza by 6:30 with a Monorail Crawl, getting a little snicky-snack and drinky-poo at Cali Grill, The Tambu Lounge, the Enchanted Rose, and lastly Topolinos.
Is Tambu open?? I wasn't sure if it was with Ohana closed. An even more important question is are they serving bread pudding??
5th- EPCOT with dinner at Via Napoli with this beauty:
Don't forget about the pizza of ultimate perfection!
masks and having to smell my own breath
A drop of peppermint essential oil on the inside of your mask helps so much!
Here's the route:

1. Bus to MK from AoA
  2. Mono to CR
  4. Walk to GF
  5. Bus to DHS
  6. Skyliner to Riviera
  7. Skyliner "Home"
The only thing I might change is doing an Uber to Riveria from the GF.

No! Please no! No more of your blat....err, I mean insightful and rivoting prose.

That's more like it.

Since I only have my bike(MC), I wish/hope/pray every morning is warm. This morning it was 39 coming in and me no likey. This afternoon they say will be 72.

39?! I'm dooommmmmmmmmed!!
I think I might manage that although it will make for a late night...I normally turn into a pumpkin at 9.

It might, but I don't imagine it'll be too late as I gotta be up at 6:00 so I can be fresh and ready to make my ROTR Boarding Pass by 7:00.
So???? You want us to up the level, is that what you're saying? I've been careful cause I don't want to get myself banned, but be careful what you wish for....

Heh, it was all so organic and I'm not sure it could be duplicated without feeling a bit forced.
Only if the gutter can be considered dirty.

Hey! I try to sweep them everyday.
I thought farts from food was more likely and/or problematic.
It's really just one giant vicious circle, ain't it?

Attachments

• 1610733486003.png
    1610733486003.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 1
No sleep before Disney OR in Disney!

Too many swirling thoughts of "What did I forget...?"
Is Tambu open?? I wasn't sure if it was with Ohana closed. An even more important question is are they serving bread pudding??

It is! And I'm sadly one of those with the unpopular opinion on this. I almost always will choose a savory over a sweet. The bread pudding isn't my favorite tbh.
Don't forget about the pizza of ultimate perfection!

You're the whole reason I'm doing it!! That pizza comes with high praise from you!
A drop of peppermint essential oil on the inside of your mask helps so much!

OH good suggestion!
The only thing I might change is doing an Uber to Riveria from the GF.
Hmm, well, the Uber might cost about the same as a drink that night and honestly, I think the Skyliner might be faster. ??

but the banter was so much more and the joking and ribbing was off the charts. I miss that.
Okay, then.
I did not go there.
Know what? I am there. Made getting off my Ambien a bit easier this time. :guilty:
Sorry for the exhaustion, but... I guess getting off ambien is a good thing?
By the way, that is quite possibly English's best word.
Crap?
  1. Bus to MK from AoA
  2. Mono to CR
  4. Walk to GF
  5. Bus to DHS
  6. Skyliner to Riviera
  7. Skyliner "Home"
:faint:
One side of your face drooping? Drooling more than usual?
No more than usual.

The first night crawl sounds really enjoyable!
I love having the Skyliner as an option now and at your resort it is such a plus!
FArts is a fun festival and the food we tried was very enjoyable! The bread cheese bowl and frozen Martini in France are a must!
We also liked the Deconstructed booth!
The food choices all sound good, the lounges are a must!
I am excited to try Wine Bar George eventually I have heard such positive reviews!

How cool she is thinking of that too! It's such a great way for these kids to travel! Anara has her heart set on Cambodia and has watched some good videos on what life is like there for TOEFL teachers. :)

Wow Cambodia sounds so exotic. I think Danielle is looking at a different program but she was familiar with TOEFL. Good luck to Anara!

Your plans sound great so far.

Be prepared for lines for everything. You also will not be coming home to a made bed every night. Mousekeeping only comes every few days. I tried to catch them in the halls to extra towels when I could and used the app to request more too. With 3 ladies sharing a room we needed lots of towels. I also suggest bringing a few face masks per day to trade out. I kept on zip lock in my bag with clean masks and a zip lock to put my dirty ones in. I didn't use the disposable masks.

The first night crawl sounds really enjoyable!

I think so too. The hardest part about it will be the traveling logistics.

I love having the Skyliner as an option now and at your resort it is such a plus!

It is, but the more I talk to folks the more I think I am going to use a Lyft on my DHS mornings. The Skyliner it turns out can mess all of your RD plans by getting clogged up at the tx station at CBR. I don't want to risk having to spend too long at SDD or MMRR.

FArts is a fun festival and the food we tried was very enjoyable! The bread cheese bowl and frozen Martini in France are a must!

I can't wait! The bread and brie is a bit rich for me unless MEK or Kari want to split, but the Frozen Martini is 100% on the list!
We also liked the Deconstructed booth!

The Deconstructed Reuben is on the "Try List" too! <mouth waters>

I am excited to try Wine Bar George eventually I have heard such positive reviews!

Been once and loved it. The fried rice balls were out of this world!

Wow Cambodia sounds so exotic. I think Danielle is looking at a different program but she was familiar with TOEFL. Good luck to Anara!

Well, she was born in Thailand and I think wants to explore more of that area. So far she's doing great and is eager to get out into the world. :)

Be prepared for lines for everything. You also will not be coming home to a made bed every night. Mousekeeping only comes every few days. I tried to catch them in the halls to extra towels when I could and used the app to request more too. With 3 ladies sharing a room we needed lots of towels. I also suggest bringing a few face masks per day to trade out. I kept on zip lock in my bag with clean masks and a zip lock to put my dirty ones in. I didn't use the disposable masks.

I hear that distancing can make for some awfully long lines, and a lot of time in the sun. I just ordered some Disney-themed masks from a DIS friend but will also travel with lots of disposables as well. :) I hadn't thought of the decreased Mousekeeping services and confess, I"m a bit bummed about that. :( I like to be spoiled a bit on vacation. Good tip on the ziplocks!!

It is! And I'm sadly one of those with the unpopular opinion on this. I almost always will choose a savory over a sweet. The bread pudding isn't my favorite tbh
I can attest to this...EXCEPT if one is reaching for rice cream when Liesa is around. Almost lost a finger on that one.

BTW: @Steppesister
Risalemande looks very much like your beloved rice cream.

I am confident it will be better than the Portland Airport Ramada Inn stay I had several years ago where it was so sketch I literally had to barricade the door to feel safe. It was the same place I saw someone breaking into a car as I pulled in.

We stayed there in 2018 when we were dropping off my DD as she headed to WDW to start a job. Did not have any issues thankfully.
I am from Eugene and really hoped to have a chance to meet you last year, but darn COVID. Hopefully this year when thinks improve we can meet for lunch and talk all things Disney.

I can attest to this...EXCEPT if one is reaching for rice cream when Liesa is around. Almost lost a finger on that one.

BTW: @Steppesister
Risalemande looks very much like your beloved rice cream.

:laughing:

I did some poking around and I think the Norwegian variation is Riskrem. :) But yes, this looks quite similar although with no almonds. I will say, though, some Almond extract would be amazing in it. Either way, I'mma gettin' me some.

I am confident it will be better than the Portland Airport Ramada Inn stay I had several years ago where it was so sketch I literally had to barricade the door to feel safe. It was the same place I saw someone breaking into a car as I pulled in.

We stayed there in 2018 when we were dropping off my DD as she headed to WDW to start a job. Did not have any issues thankfully.
I am from Eugene and really hoped to have a chance to meet you last year, but darn COVID. Hopefully this year when thinks improve we can meet for lunch and talk all things Disney.
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

It's awesome to have you here for sure! So glad you said hello and I sure hope you'll chime in often and join the banter!

You're the 2nd person I've had post they've also stayed there. Small world! I upgraded this time from Ramada to a Country Inn and Suites and know I"ll be much happier!

Yes, anytime would be great to get together! Would love to! We could meet halfway in Corvalis and have coffee or lunch and talk about Disney or whatever strikes our fancy. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter