The ABC's of a BSN Celebration! Trip Wrap up; Final Thoughts (7/11)

D is for Disney Dreaming and Deliberations

A bit more news... and happy news at that. Disney found out I was coming and graciously extended all of their park hours by at least an hour and, in a couple of cases (MK), by 3! Nice of them!!

While there is a dismal lack of musical entertainment, and my beloved Tam Tam won't be there, VOL and Mariachi will and surely have a special number all cooked up for me. Afterall, it IS my BSN Celebration, no?

Other things to note:

My laminated note cards, schedules, budget, shopping lists, etc... are all done up and ready to go. My brain is pretty well mushed up like I"ve been on meth for a while, except that it's Covid Brain, not chemicals. So I need cards to tell me where to be when and what not to forget along the way. They also serve to jot down stories... if I remember to pull them out of my pocket. If I do forget, I just make shi.... stuff up.

(Not really, everything I tell you is 100% accurate and truthful.)

(Unless I don't want it to be. Or forget.)

Since I worked last weekend and was busy with other things in life, packing did not happen. I'm not sure if I've ever put packing off this late in the game before. Ever. Then again, I"ve never planned a trip on this short of notice either. Luckily, Covid is keeping the crowds low so a bit less planning is needed. That's why, of course, I made 10 pages of plans. Because, the doldrums of Covid didn't affect the Planner Portion of my brain. Planners gotta plan, Man.

Speaking of planning, I wish it'd hurry up and be 10 days out so I can see the weather forecast. I mean how will I put each day's outfit in its own special baggie like some OCD freakish Planny McPlannyPants? Sure makes it easy though when everything down to the undies and jewelry is all neatly tucked away for easy grab and go. Unless you forget the underwear. Which I've done. How, I'm not entirely sure, but there ya have it. A Girl Goes Commando- A Disney Special, aired (the special, not the underwear) this Thursday at 7:00 on Channel 5.

Whether properly attired or not, chances are it'll be mid-70s in the day and low to mid-50s at night. Oddly, my body flips those and I feel like I'm in my mid-50s in the day and when my back starts to hurt at night, I'm a solid 75-year old. Lest I get too far off track, let's steer this ship back to packing. I'm going for the homeless look and doing layers. As long as it doesn't rain, I'll be a happy girl. Unless there's thunder and lightning with it. Then I'll be even happier.

Help me decide Friends... I almost always pack a lunch to eat on the flight cuz I'm a cheapa$$ and rather than spend $7 on a burger in the airport, I'll spend $150 or more at the Food Kiosks at the Festival. :rolleyes2 No, it makes no sense, but I still do it. But, it's Reader's Choice... Quiche (packs and travels nicely but might make the other passengers think I've farted. But they should have their masks on, right?) or a Salad and pita chips with hummus (I'll starve but want to be hungry anyway for my Monocrawl Gorgefest). Thoughts?

A late-breaking revelation came to me yesterday as if in a dream. No, not a rice cream dream an ice cream dream. Why not do a Citrus Soft Serve Trifecta Challenge????? I mean HELLO!!! A Dole Whip (let her eat cake), a Citrus Swirl, and a Peter Pan Float ALL IN ONE DAY!!! My brain froze. I need to do this!

Okay, those are the thoughts flowing from this mushed out brain of mine- some are good, some are silly, and some probably leave you like... huh?

Toodle-oo, Folks!

Until next time

Last edited:
Disney found out I was coming and graciously extended all of their park hours by at least an hour and, in a couple of cases (MK), by 3! Nice of them!!
How nice of them indeed!

Okay, those are the thoughts flowing from this mushed out brain of mine- some are good, some are silly, and some probably leave you like... huh?
I feel like it feels so good to have "problems" like those for once and not REAL problems. You know? So ponder away!!!

I'm super jealous that you're going on this trip, and LOVE the plan for your first evening. A monorail crawl of your own design will likely save you money on the paid version, Highway in the Sky Monorail dine around, which Rob and I did in 2018. It was super fun! I'm excited to hear how it all goes for you.

Planny McPlanny Pants. Love it!

I'm super jealous that you're going on this trip, and LOVE the plan for your first evening. A monorail crawl of your own design will likely save you money on the paid version, Highway in the Sky Monorail dine around, which Rob and I did in 2018. It was super fun! I'm excited to hear how it all goes for you.

Planny McPlanny Pants. Love it!
Well, there will plenty of pictures and stories to enjoy so you can be a part of it, at least a little. ::hug::

Let me check on the price... Okay $150pp. Oddly, that's almost exactly what I'd planned for myself to do it, so not much cheaper. I will say however, my version will be a bit plussed I think. My plan is 3 cocktails (I hope I make it home) and 3 savories plus a dessert at Topolinos. Assuming each appie is $20 and each drink is $18, dessert $15 and tips and tax, it's about $150. Same same, but mine's better for THIS TRIP (see below). No time table other than my own, I get to slow down and take some photos, I can people watch, relax, and go at my leisure ordering what I want, not the prix fixe choices. THAT SAID, someday I'd like to do the Highway Dine in the Sky because what I WON"T get is the company of a friend or the information or stories that I'm sure the tour guide and chefs would give. THAT would make the other MORE than worth it. Someday....

Great plan so far, but you're making me nervous on the packing. I really don't want you to forget something important like . . . .underwear.

Great plan so far, but you're making me nervous on the packing. I really don't want you to forget something important like . . . .underwear.
:lmao:

I've done some really dumb things in my life- forgetting my underwear on that trip wasn't nearly as bad as leaving my oldest daughter's entire suitcase by the front door for a month-long trip to Orlando (not just Disney, but a work trip and cross country drive in my folks' motorhome too) was the pièce de résistance on doofusness.

I've done some really dumb things in my life- forgetting my underwear on that trip wasn't nearly as bad as leaving my oldest daughter's entire suitcase by the front door for a month-long trip to Orlando (not just Disney, but a work trip and cross country drive in my folks' motorhome too) was the pièce de résistance on doofusness.

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Disney found out I was coming and graciously extended all of their park hours by at least an hour and, in a couple of cases (MK), by 3! Nice of them!!
Well my call telling them the queen was coming worked!

and my beloved Tam Tam won't be there
I'll have to call them back. I told them that was one of the Queen's favorites.

Afterall, it IS my BSN Celebration, no?
I can neither confirm nor deny I told them BSN stands for British Supreme Nobility.

My brain is pretty well mushed up like I"ve been on meth for a while,
Okay...this begs the question...when was the last time your brain was on meth to form a basis for comparison?

If I do forget, I just make shi.... stuff up.
Which leads to more blat...insightful and rivoting prose.

Not really, everything I tell you is 100% accurate and truthful
I 100% believe you.

Unless I don't want it to be. Or forget.
Unless I don't.

I can see the weather forecast
Colder than July.
You're welcome.

freakish Planny McPlannyPants?
Is that the new happy meal name?

A Girl Goes Commando- A Disney Special, aired (the special, not the underwear) this Thursday at 7:00 on Channel 5.
How can non-existent underwear be aired, exactly?
Can you tape it for me? We don't get channel 5 here and I need a good laugh.

I'm going for the homeless look and doing layers. As long as it doesn't rain, I'll be a happy girl. Unless there's thunder and lightning with it. Then I'll be even happier.
If layers is homeless look, I look homeless every day going to work. I wear 5-6 layers when it's 30s and 40s and the 1 layer in the afternoon. Really sucks leaving work and having to take all that back home.

or a Salad and pita chips with hummus (I'll starve but want to be hungry anyway for my Monocrawl Gorgefest
This option. Since you don't eat big portions anyway, this will leave you more options.

Why not do a Citrus Soft Serve Trifecta Challenge????? I mean HELLO!!! A Dole Whip (let her eat cake), a Citrus Swirl, and a Peter Pan Float ALL IN ONE DAY!!! My brain froze. I need to do this!
I've done 2 in a day, but not all 3. Novel idea.

Huh?

Last edited:
Your plans sound so awesome! I hate packing and usually pack the day before.
I always bring a protein bar, chips, and candy on the plane, haha 😂 this keeps the hunger at bay for a little while
I hope the weather and crowds are just what the vacation gods ordered for you!
3 floats in one day, possibly! I love the dole whip upside down cake the best!

As a compulsive planner, I am in awe of your “ring o’ plans”! My family would just raise their eyebrows at me but then happily go along with whatever I’ve worked out!

So, funny Disney related story about forgetting undies. In 2019 we headed down to AKV for a quick trip for Moonlight Magic at Epcot. Once we arrived, my then 10 year old daughter realized that she had not packed any undies. Despite the fact that I make a list for my still at home kids to tell them exactly what to pack. So, hubby volunteered to go to the gift shop at AKL with her to get some. They came back with a pack of large panties after he asked what size and I texted him 8-10 girls, she is a tall skinny thing. Well, the pack was WOMEN’s undies and they would have been too big for me and I am not a skinny-Minnie! Thankfully they exchanged them without an issue. I’m sure you can imagine how much Disney hotel giftshop undies cost! (They only had 6 packs.) So, she got a cute souvenir pack of Minnie Mouse undies. 😂

Very much enjoying your report! Getting so close now!!!

Planners gotta plan, Man.
Planning is half the fun!
I mean how will I put each day's outfit in its own special baggie like some OCD freakish Planny McPlannyPants?
I do the same with packing cubes.....dress, jewelry, purse etc
A Dole Whip (let her eat cake), a Citrus Swirl, and a Peter Pan Float ALL IN ONE DAY!!! My brain froze. I need to do this!
Yes to the Dole Whip and Peter Pan float but the Citrus Swirl reminded me of baby aspirin.

Well my call telling them the queen was coming worked!

Will they provide a tiara staightener-outer?
I can neither confirm nor deny I told them BSN stands for British Supreme Nobility.

I will NOT switch to tea.
Okay...this begs the question...when was the last time your brain was on meth to form a basis for comparison?

Why just last week. No one at work seems to notice my missing teeth since I"m always wearing a mask.
Which leads to more blat...insightful and rivoting prose.

Close call there, Pal.
Is that the new happy meal name?

Like that huh? It comes with a blank set of laminated cards for the kids to plan your next trip. Pre-filled time slots for IASW are already done for 10:00, 10:15, Noon, and 3:00.

How can non-existent underwear be aired, exactly?
Can you tape it for me? We don't get channel 5 here and I need a good laugh.

Sure here ya go!

If layers is homeless look, I look homeless every day going to work. I wear 5-6 layers when it's 30s and 40s and the 1 layer in the afternoon. Really sucks leaving work and having to take all that back home.

I can only imagine. I'm trying to figure out whether to carry a stupid backpack or get a locker every day or??? GAh!! Why can't it just be really warm enough to not have to worry about it?
This option. Since you don't eat big portions anyway, this will leave you more options.
Hey, you've got a really good point!

Your plans sound so awesome! I hate packing and usually pack the day before.

I don't know if I could pull that off. I'm positive I'd forget WAY too much!

I always bring a protein bar, chips, and candy on the plane, haha 😂 this keeps the hunger at bay for a little while

You go the easy route!
I hope the weather and crowds are just what the vacation gods ordered for you!

Thanks! Forecast says low-mid 70s still but chilly evenings and mornings. Which is going to make for a bit more complicated packing, dressing, and toting.
3 floats in one day, possibly! I love the dole whip upside down cake the best!
I like that version best too. I'll do the float too, but just prefer the cake.

As a compulsive planner, I am in awe of your “ring o’ plans”! My family would just raise their eyebrows at me but then happily go along with whatever I’ve worked out!

Ring o' Plans! Has a nice... ring to it! LOL!!

So, funny Disney related story about forgetting undies. In 2019 we headed down to AKV for a quick trip for Moonlight Magic at Epcot. Once we arrived, my then 10 year old daughter realized that she had not packed any undies. Despite the fact that I make a list for my still at home kids to tell them exactly what to pack. So, hubby volunteered to go to the gift shop at AKL with her to get some. They came back with a pack of large panties after he asked what size and I texted him 8-10 girls, she is a tall skinny thing. Well, the pack was WOMEN’s undies and they would have been too big for me and I am not a skinny-Minnie! Thankfully they exchanged them without an issue. I’m sure you can imagine how much Disney hotel giftshop undies cost! (They only had 6 packs.) So, she got a cute souvenir pack of Minnie Mouse undies. 😂

OMG, that is too funny! I can only imagine the look on her (and YOUR) face when she opened them. Priceless! :lmao:

Very much enjoying your report! Getting so close now!!!

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: It's so nice to see you here! I love seeing new faces and making new friends. :goodvibes

Last edited:
I hadn't thought of the decreased Mousekeeping services and confess, I"m a bit bummed about that. :(

The decreased Mousekeeping services didn't bother us too much. The first thing I did when getting into our resort room was to call Housekeeping and order extra coffee and 2 blankets. They don't replenish the coffee daily with the reduced services and I always ask for more coffee pods. They don't make the bed during the Covid period, which didn't really bother us.

Quiche (packs and travels nicely but might make the other passengers think I've farted. But they should have their masks on, right?) or a Salad and pita chips with hummus (I'll starve but want to be hungry anyway for my Monocrawl Gorgefest). Thoughts?

You will have to remove your mask while eating, so you may get more dirty looks from having your mask off than from having stinky food. ;)

As long as it doesn't rain, I'll be a happy girl. Unless there's thunder and lightning with it.
The month of February is normally the driest time of year in Florida, although there is no guarantee about that. I have one of those lightweight raincoats that folds up into a tiny bundle that I use when the mornings are chilly and the afternoons are warm.

A late-breaking revelation came to me yesterday as if in a dream. No, not a rice cream dream an ice cream dream. Why not do a Citrus Soft Serve Trifecta Challenge????? I mean HELLO!!! A Dole Whip (let her eat cake), a Citrus Swirl, and a Peter Pan Float ALL IN ONE DAY!!! My brain froze. I need to do this!
That sounds more like a digestive nightmare than a dream. ;)

The decreased Mousekeeping services didn't bother us too much. The first thing I did when getting into our resort room was to call Housekeeping and order extra coffee and 2 blankets. They don't make the bed during the Covid period, which didn't really bother us.

I very well may need an extra blankie or 2 and for sure an extra couple of towels. I sure miss towel animals. :( Ah well, a memory of the past...

You will have to remove your mask while eating, so you may get more dirty looks from having your mask off than from having stinky food. ;)

Well, if folks get testy if I take my mask off to eat, they're going to get some not-so-nice return looks. I can't eat with it on and can't go from 7 AM all day without eating. LOL!! Hangry is a real thing.

The month of February is normally the driest time of year in Florida, although there is no guarantee about that. I have one of those lightweight raincoats that folds up into a tiny bundle that I use when the mornings are chilly and the afternoons are warm.

I am taking a vest of a similar kind- it wads up and tucks into a tidy little pouch for easy (and light!) carrying. If the forecast is for crappier weather, I will have my bigger raincoat (warmer) to tote around. Unless I spring for a locker. I'm taking my TINY suitcase and a rolly backpack and am going to be cutting it VERY close on extra space for sourvies. Sigh.... I might have to ship some stuff.
That sounds more like a digestive nightmare than a dream. ;)
:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter