The ABC's of a BSN Celebration! Trip Wrap up; Final Thoughts (7/11)

Beautiful shot! :thumbsup2
beautiful!
So happy you made it safe and sound! What an elegant picture of DTD! The water is so calm! I hope your trip is amazing!

Thanks, All, :)

It was a peaceful, albeit hella long, hike from Saratoga Springs to the Springs, and then alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way to the other end of the Springs to where I needed to be. UGH. Not impressed (at all!) with no buses from parks to where the bulk of dinner places is.

Last edited:
Unless it’s Groundhog Day and then you get more beginnings than you’d ever want.
Depending on the source, anywhere from 8 years, 8 months and 16 days, to 30-40 years, to 70-80 years.
And I can’t remember the last time I began a Disney Trip that I didn’t lose, forget, or break something along the way.
:sad2:

You didn't... again...
I mean, I’m all about traditions!
:laughing: Well, okay. When you put it that way.
While beautiful, and fairly rare for Western Oregon at lower elevations, we suck at driving in snow.
Everyone does, to one degree or another. Nothing like a sudden patch of ice to make you feel alive!
We don’t have the equipment to deal with it and we are ill-practiced at best.
Even with practice... you hit that ice patch and... look out!
Beyond that, by Wednesday night there was already a multi-car pile up in my neighborhood
:scared: Yikes!
So I made the executive decision to just head to the hospital and spend the night in one of the sleeper rooms there rather than risk a wreck.
Sounds like a good idea, except...
I did arrive safely, only to be told I’d been called off for my shift. Ah well, better safe than sorry- even if the normally 30-minute drive took me 90.
But then again... who knows? Maybe if you'd tried to go home instead, you would've been one of those cars in that multi-car wreck.
Thursday brought some horrible drama to work (can’t give details-it’s still ongoing)
:(
I don't know what it is, but I hope you're okay.
I desperately needed rest and a change of routine as for months I’d been working almost 50 hours a week at 2 jobs and often taking weekend call shifts. I was just plain tired.
Yeah... that'd make anyone tired. You definitely needed a break.
IMG_5672-L.jpg
Very colourful. :)
All that was left was my lashes (eye lashes, not the 50 lashes I probably deserve)
:laughing:
some sunscreen :lmao: :rolleyes2 ,
I take it, from the emojis, that you didn't get too much sun on your trip.
risotto for dinner,
mmmm... risotto. Love risotto.
we watched Palm Springs (another movie with beginnings ad nauseum)
Sorry you didn't enjoy it. I liked it enough to watch it twice.
Had it not been for her dog scratching all night long, both of us tossing and turning with the usual pre-trip wiggles, too hot, too cold, is-my-alarm-really-set nerves, etc…, etc… I might have woken up rested.
You mentioned earlier that you don't sleep before a trip. This certainly didn't help alleviate that!
Wow! That looks amazing! What's the white stuff? Herbed butter? Something else?
I had to laugh at this guy while we were out. If you’ve seen Soul, you know exactly why that is funny.
:laughing: Yes!
When Mik decided to travel with me, I cancelled the room saving the $169 and thought we’d take a $20 Lyft from her house about 30 minutes from the airport.
Much cheaper... but then again, no dog scratching at the hotel door. ;)
a Lyft surge. She got burned coming home from Vegas one time and spent over $80 to go 10 miles.
What the heck is a "Lyft surge"????
it was time to head through security… which was empty-ish.
Yeah, that doesn't surprise me.
I also took a requisite PDX carpet shot. It’s just what we do.
I've seen you do those before. :)
Some people here riot, others take foot selfies.
You can't do both? Sounds discriminatory.
But even better we made up time en route too and arrived 40 minutes early into MCO.
Nice!
I slept for almost 2 hours, maybe more, of it and watched Mandalorian along the way.
Sleeping on the plane after a sleepless night. This is the way.
We sailed off the plane, grabbed our checked bag from the A side (did I mention how annoying this is?)
Meh. Used to it. Too many arrivals after 10pm.
Palm Trees!!!
I love seeing the palm trees when I arrive. :)
I had anticipated arriving to AoA at 5:30, but instead chugged into the lobby at 4:30.
A whole extra hour of Disney time! Score!
It's tough to get a front seat anymore on ME:
In under a year, it'll be impossible.
OUR Magical Trip had officially begun!
Woot! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Thanks, All, :)

It was a peaceful, albeit hella long, hike from Saratoga Springs to the Springs, and then alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way to the other end of the Springs to where I needed to be. UGH. Not impressed (at all!) with no buses from parks to where the bulk of dinner places is.
There were not park - DTD busses??? That's... weird.

Ugh, snow. What a pain for you to have traveled all the way there and not had to work, and other hiccup in your work schedule, but yay for the extra time it allowed you to beautify!!

We have often been lucky with an early take off and making up time in the skies on our way to Orlando! Why is that we typically have the reverse luck on our way home--I think we've only taken off ONCE at our scheduled flight time with zero delays coming home from MCO.

I've never stayed at AoA, even though I've wanted to! I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of the resort and how it worked out for you ladies!!

While I was still in line at Check-in at 4:42 I got our “Room Ready” text. Obviously, they were waiting for us to arrive to assign the room. Guess what we got?
I think the days of Disney sending out room assignments before arrival are over. We have gotten the room ready text while we were riding the Magical Express for our last three trips. I thought for sure that we would get the room text before our 10pm arrival on Jan 29th, but we didn't get it ahead of time. I was also surprised that Disney didn't charge the room balance to the credit card until after arrival.

It's nice that you got the Cars Suite. That's what you originally wanted. :)

Our trip was very nice, but very short. We enjoyed every minute of it - except for the terrible Bus to Epcot from GF nightmare.

Depending on the source, anywhere from 8 years, 8 months and 16 days, to 30-40 years, to 70-80 years.

Far too deep for me. I need a nap now.
You didn't... again...

I hate to leave you hanging, but....

:laughing: Well, okay. When you put it that way.

;)

Everyone does, to one degree or another. Nothing like a sudden patch of ice to make you feel alive!

Been there and done it. A sudden rush of pure adrenaline. With $$ signs flashing before your eyes.

Even with practice... you hit that ice patch and... look out!

Sigh.... I take it you have recent experience?

Sounds like a good idea, except...

Except... all for naught. Tonight on the other hand....

But then again... who knows? Maybe if you'd tried to go home instead, you would've been one of those cars in that multi-car wreck.

Perhaps...

:(
I don't know what it is, but I hope you're okay.

Time will tell....
Yeah... that'd make anyone tired. You definitely needed a break.

I did, and feel somewhat more rested and at least have some photos and stories to keep me and my mind occupied for a few months.

I take it, from the emojis, that you didn't get too much sun on your trip.

Patience, My Young Duck.

mmmm... risotto. Love risotto.

It's quite possibly the world's greatest food.

Sorry you didn't enjoy it. I liked it enough to watch it twice.

I didn't NOT like it, just enjoy many others so much more.

You mentioned earlier that you don't sleep before a trip. This certainly didn't help alleviate that!

No, it sure didn't.

Wow! That looks amazing! What's the white stuff? Herbed butter? Something else?

Good call! Yes! You are really good with food knowledge!

Much cheaper... but then again, no dog scratching at the hotel door. ;)

No, not strung out tweekers and other ilk.

What the heck is a "Lyft surge"????

A surge is when they jack the price up, sometimes by a lot, when there is high demand. At Disney you will find HUGE surges/price hikes at park closing.

I've seen you do those before.

:) Just a silly fun tradition. I've mentioned there is a minor PDX Carpet cult following and we have all kinds of souvenir stuff made from the design- t-shirts, keychains, etc...
You can't do both? Sounds discriminatory.

I brushed my teeth today. Someone somewhere is thinking "you racist!". :rolleyes:

Sleeping on the plane after a sleepless night. This is the way.

Until your neck hurts...

Meh. Used to it. Too many arrivals after 10pm.
I love seeing the palm trees when I arrive. :)

ME TOO!!!!!
A whole extra hour of Disney time! Score!

We made "good" use of it.

In under a year, it'll be impossible.

Well, maybe in a bus, but not in a Lyft. :rolleyes:

For a price.
There were not park - DTD busses??? That's... weird.
It was far more than "weird". It was annoying at best.

Ugh, snow. What a pain for you to have traveled all the way there and not had to work, and other hiccup in your work schedule, but yay for the extra time it allowed you to beautify!!

MIssing work always has solid pros and cons. Less $$, more time to do stuff. :)
We have often been lucky with an early take off and making up time in the skies on our way to Orlando! Why is that we typically have the reverse luck on our way home--I think we've only taken off ONCE at our scheduled flight time with zero delays coming home from MCO.

I know coming from the PNW a LOT has to do with the jetstream. I think for us anyway, it also has a lot to do with the time of day of the flights, and more than once I"ve been delayed out of MCO d/t thunderstorms. But yes, in general, you are right, far more delays and late flights going home.

I've never stayed at AoA, even though I've wanted to! I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of the resort and how it worked out for you ladies!!

You will love it!! I love a LOT about it!! Price, amenities, SKYLINER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But loads more commentary as the chapters progress.

I think the days of Disney sending out room assignments before arrival are over. We have gotten the room ready text while we were riding the Magical Express for our last three trips. I thought for sure that we would get the room text before our 10pm arrival on Jan 29th, but we didn't get it ahead of time. I was also surprised that Disney didn't charge the room balance to the credit card until after arrival.

I think you may be right. I haven't gotten a room ready text in many trips even if arriving well past 3:00. I didn't seem my room balance charged until I got my final print out, but had a confirmation very early in the game. So weird how things happen nowadays.

It's nice that you got the Cars Suite. That's what you originally wanted. :)

:goodvibes:

Our trip was very nice, but very short. We enjoyed every minute of it - except for the terrible Bus to Epcot from GF nightmare.
OH dear!! That sounds... not very fun. I'm SO glad you had fun and would love to hear about it. Wanna do a little mini report here? Show some photos and stuff?

And I can’t remember the last time I began a Disney Trip that I didn’t lose, forget, or break something along the way.
:crutches:As long as no bones were broken, you can handle the rest!
I did arrive safely, only to be told I’d been called off for my shift.
So did you then have to drive back home right away, or did they let you spend the night? :car:
Thursday brought some horrible drama to work (can’t give details-it’s still ongoing)
I am so sorry... that is never fun. I am sure you were glad you were going on vacation and was not going to be dealing with that drama for the next couple of weeks! :earsgirl:
I was just plain tired.
:faint:
That gave us the whole afternoon and evening to dink around.
Oh... when I read that I thought you had written "drink around" ! :drinking1
Lyft surge.
:eek:
I also took a requisite PDX carpet shot. It’s just what we do. Some people here riot, others take foot selfies.
But your footwear matched the carpet so well! :thumbsup2
Guess what we got?
I pictured you more as a Lion King Suite kind of gal...:scratchin
OUR Magical Trip had officially begun!
:banana:

Far too deep for me. I need a nap now.
As long as you don't wake up to Sonny & Cher...
Been there and done it. A sudden rush of pure adrenaline. With $$ signs flashing before your eyes.
Or your life flashing before your eyes, depending on the speed at which you started sliding...
Sigh.... I take it you have recent experience?
Every winter. There's always at least a few days when it's icy/slippery.
Except... all for naught. Tonight on the other hand....
Oh?
I did, and feel somewhat more rested and at least have some photos and stories to keep me and my mind occupied for a few months.
::yes:: :thumbsup2
Patience, My Young Duck.
Yes, master. :worship:
It's quite possibly the world's greatest food.
:laughing: Not sure if I'd go that far, but... dang, it sure is good!
Good call! Yes! You are really good with food knowledge!
In hindsight... I should've said "Vanilla ice cream" to really make you scratch your head!
No, not strung out tweekers and other ilk.
No way, man! Tweekers and ilk are the best!

(Goes to Google "Tweeker".... ah. Actually met one and had a nice conversation with one a year or two ago.)
A surge is when they jack the price up, sometimes by a lot, when there is high demand. At Disney you will find HUGE surges/price hikes at park closing.
Really! That sounds... dishonest. I guess it's in their contract.
:) Just a silly fun tradition. I've mentioned there is a minor PDX Carpet cult following and we have all kinds of souvenir stuff made from the design- t-shirts, keychains, etc...
I did know about that. ::yes::
I brushed my teeth today. Someone somewhere is thinking "you racist!". :rolleyes:
How could you!!! Oh, sure... you think white is better. I don't know if we can be friends anymore.
Until your neck hurts...
This too is the way...
We made "good" use of it.
popcorn::
Well, maybe in a bus, but not in a Lyft. :rolleyes:

For a price.
True.
It was far more than "weird". It was annoying at best.
Yeah, I can imagine.

Well, no. I can't. I just don't have bad luck with busses.

Hello! I've been lurking - let's just say that reading TR's lately is both diverting and making me feel very conflicted, so I've been quiet. But, I'm here to read along with yet another of your adventures!

I had to giggle a little at the snow on your car. I do understand how scary it can be driving in icy conditions, yuck!
We have been in a deep freeze for over a week, yuck! Sunny and -10 is not fun! Cloudy and 30 much better!
Excited to hear about your trip and so glad you got the Cars area, love it there. We walked around the area several times and it is like you are in the Cars movie!

This looks really good.

too cold, is-my-alarm-really-set nerves, etc…, etc… I might have woken up rested.
I tend to do this as well. Especially the is my alarm set part.

Great photo!!! You can still tell you are smiling.

She was such a fun travel partner. :) She was even just as geeky as I am looking up little secrets and such, previewing menus and getting up in plenty of time to hit the parks running. :)
So glad to hear it! And can't wait to hear all about the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter