The 2011 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dort: I'll add you to the roll call.

Everybody else: There is a roll call in the 1st post of the 1st page of this thread. Post the dates you'll be at VB and I'll add you to it.

John

No, we're down the road a bit at Ocean Club, Sea Oaks didn't work for us, tried but no go, just the two of us, unless we can talk some friends into visiting! If the condo is anything like the pics, we should be very happy :banana::banana:

Hope all is well... Have a wonderful time.

Hello Everyone! I'm new to the Vero thread... so here goes.:rolleyes1

We're planning an OKW trip in Aug 2011 (currently booked at BCV but switching at 7 mo if available) and I'd love to add some days at Vero to this trip since we're driving from Chicago and will have a car.

Thought we'd do it on the front end of the trip (if you think that's a good idea) and enjoy relaxing before the "fun" of a planned Disney trip begins!;)

Where do I want to stay? We're 8 people: my parents, my sister (single) and my husband and me with our 3 kiddies (the youngest will be 1). Do we want a 2 Bd? Is that impossible to book? or do we want these inn rooms that you all keep talking about? I'm very confused and need some guidance! Thank you!

:goodvibes

Getting into VB in August is not impossible. Call right at the 7 month window when they open. Be willing to wait list and be flexible on the dates you want to be there.

If your group is comfortable in a 2BR at WDW, you'll be comfortable in a 2BR at VB. I'd go for that since you will then have the full kitchen.

If you can't get into the 2BR, then go for the Inn rooms and wait list the 2BR. The Inn rooms are like a very nice motel room with 2 queen size beds in each one.

Getting into VB in August is not impossible. Call right at the 7 month window when they open. Be willing to wait list and be flexible on the dates you want to be there.

If your group is comfortable in a 2BR at WDW, you'll be comfortable in a 2BR at VB. I'd go for that since you will then have the full kitchen.

If you can't get into the 2BR, then go for the Inn rooms and wait list the 2BR. The Inn rooms are like a very nice motel room with 2 queen size beds in each one.

Thanks for the info. We do usually stay in a 2 BD at WDW so I think that would be fine here too. Are those villas located in the main building? Or is that only the inn rooms? The beach cottages are out of the question, right? Those get booked by owners I assume.

If you have enough points, I'd try for the beach cottage. I've never been in one, but they look fantastic.

The only rooms in the main building are the Inn rooms. The 2BR's, 1BR's, and studios are all in separate buildings. VB is a very small resort, especially compared to those at WDW. All the buildings are really close to each other. You'll be happy where ever you stay there.

The beach cottage sounds wonderful, but I looked up the points and they are a bit too high for right now. Maybe if we stay there and LOVE it we'd try it in the future.

So, are all the restaurants in the main building? I'll have to look up a map of the property to figure out the location of everything. Being in the main building sounds really nice, but my sister is pushing for a 2 BD since she likes the extra space.:thumbsup2

This will be fun to plan! Thanks for your help. Plus, I just noticed you're in Naperville. We're in Wheaton!:goodvibes

The beach cottage sounds wonderful, but I looked up the points and they are a bit too high for right now. Maybe if we stay there and LOVE it we'd try it in the future.

So, are all the restaurants in the main building? I'll have to look up a map of the property to figure out the location of everything. Being in the main building sounds really nice, but my sister is pushing for a 2 BD since she likes the extra space.:thumbsup2

This will be fun to plan! Thanks for your help. Plus, I just noticed you're in Naperville. We're in Wheaton!:goodvibes

I hope you love this resort, my DH and I certainly do!! Back on page one you will find a description of the property restaurants and links to them. Yes, they are all in the main building, with one QS at the pool. Check out this page, it is loaded with great information, and have a great tinme!!

Here's the current 2011 Roll Call:

2/20 – 2/22 smacky1
3/12 – 3/18 ont/ohana
3/17 – 3/20 debaudrn
4/2 – 4/8 Starr W.
4/3 - 4/9 Belle and Rella's Dad
4/18 - 4/23 katdocnorf
4/28 - 4/29 wawdwluver
5/1 – 5/30 dort (off site)
6/1 – 6/30 starbox (off site)
6/10 - 6/11 bobbiwoz
6/11 – 6/18 hpygrll
7/1 – 7/4 vbarry

We actually leave the resort on June 12th. The 2 nights will be better than none. In 2012, I'm hoping for a 5 night BC stay!:goodvibes We added 50 extra VB points this year to make it possible!

We are staying for two nights before our Disney Dream 5 night cruise. We love relaxing at Vero!:banana:

We will be there for the first time July 13-15, between a stay at AKL Concierge and Disney Dream 4 night. CANNOT WAIT! Youngest loves nature so i am sure she will want to stay there forever!

And for you Naperville/Wheaton folks I see, I work in Lisle on Warrenville right by Yackley (live a bit away in the city near Oak Park).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter