The 2011 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just came back stayed in the ovir 11/25-11/28 wife and myself room was fine for us we don't need a lot.as far as ocean view if you lean over the rail you will see the beach other than that you see water far away. it is not disney but was great way to relax pool was great. hard to get on beach big hill of sand to climb. beach was great, not a whole lot of shells there is 2 stores just at the end of the resort a pizza shop gooood stake samwitch, next to it sub shop it sell supplys and beer and wine fair price .if you go to camp fire there is a gate right there go out gate and at end make left you will see them hope it helps ps landed in orlando drove 528 to 95south took 1.30 hours

Calling on Friday at the 7 month window to try to get an OVIR for 3 nights in July. Possible? This will be our first trip to Vero.

I have posted to the FAQ section of this thread the number of rooms at VB. The information I have is: VB has 18 dedicated 2BR's; 36 Lockoffs (each of which can be divided into a studio and a 1BR); 6 3BR Beach Cottages; and 112 Inn rooms.

Does anybody know how many of the Inn rooms are OVIR?

Thanks!

John

Thanks for taking over!! We are heading to Vero in Feb and I am so torn about what to do. The dates I want 2/20 and 2/21 do not have an OVIR available which is my first choice. They do have Studio's and garden views. I booked the following week instead 2/27 and 2/28 to get the OVIR, but those dates dont work as well for us. Im torn between the ocean view room or a better schedule. Its just DH and I and it will be our first trip with no kids. (our kids are 4 and 6). We are also sailing the dream with the kids and have a balcony room so part of me thinks, Ill be ok with out an OV room at Vero. Ahhh, what to do????? Any input from anyone. Ive only stayed at Vero once and it was in an OVIR. Will I still love it in a studio?

The last time I was at VB I had a 1br, first floor, with a view of vegetation. Although I missed the ocean view, just being at VB was good enough. Personally I'd take what I can get and wait list for the OVIR. Good Luck!

John

I am so excited to find this thread. We are planning on going to VB around9/15/11-9/18/11 before we head to WDW. We have never been to VB and have no idea what to expect. I can't wait to plan...

amblackmon: As soon as you firm up your dates, post them and I'll add you to the roll call.

John

The last time I was at VB I had a 1br, first floor, with a view of vegetation. Although I missed the ocean view, just being at VB was good enough. Personally I'd take what I can get and wait list for the OVIR. Good Luck!

John

Thanks for the advice! I did just that. I took the garden view inn room so we could be in the Inn and wait listed for the Ocean View. We are just thrilled to have a few nights away by ourselves! Our dates are Feb 20-Feb 22. Thanks again!

Stopped by the resort today 11 Dec to see what had been done to the sand at the beach. Local paper had article a week or so ago saying that the "cliff" was going to be knocked down and the beach smoothed out. For those wondering what I'm referring to, earlier storms had moved the sand around, causing a real cliff of sand in front of the resort - over eight feet high.

To the north they've planted some beach grasses to help hold the sand in. All the beach in front of the resort is in good shape - no more cliffs, just gentle slope to the water. I don't have a place to post the pics I took.

If someone can post pics - drop me a pm with an email address and I'll send the pics. I took two from the boardwalk - one north and one south.

Lots of people out today at the pool - local temp close to 70 - slight breeze - barely a cloud in the sky.

Thanks for continuing the thread!!!! We'll be back in Vero for the entire month of June this year. I'd love to meet some Disers.

In a crazy twist, recently found out I'm related by marriage to the owner of the Driftwood Inn - it's a small world. I think this means moving to Vero is my destiny!

Thanks for continuing the thread!!!! We'll be back in Vero for the entire month of June this year. I'd love to meet some Disers.

In a crazy twist, recently found out I'm related by marriage to the owner of the Driftwood Inn - it's a small world. I think this means moving to Vero is my destiny!

Is that June 1 - 30? Wow, that's quite a trip!

Yes - we will be in the same house we rented last year - in Sea Oaks which is next door to Disney's VBR. :cool1: I'm writing now when I'm not teaching, and there's nothing quite like writing while you watch the turtles pop their heads out of the ocean and contemplate coming ashore.

First off -- a huge THANK YOU to you John for taking over the thread!
As I told Rob, I'm very busy and traveling alot this year, but if I can be of any help, I'd be happy too.

Secondly, a huge THANK YOU to Rob for all his hard work! We're all thinking of you!

I hope to get back to VB next fall....time permitting!
Great photos! Keep 'em coming!!

Pay no attention to starbox... she drank the Kool-aid years ago and DVC points (at VB) can't satisfy her needs now. She has to rent entire homes for entire months now. :sad2:

I'm guessing maybe one more year (2012) of this and they'll be moving down there soon after. :)

Pay no attention to starbox... she drank the Kool-aid years ago and DVC points (at VB) can't satisfy her needs now. She has to rent entire homes for entire months now. :sad2:

I'm guessing maybe one more year (2012) of this and they'll be moving down there soon after. :)

Whatever the koolaid was that Starbox had I must have had it someplace along the way, DH and I are renting for the month of May down there too!!! :banana::banana: Can't wait!!! Ten days just wasn't enough!!

Whatever the koolaid was that Starbox had I must have had it someplace along the way, DH and I are renting for the month of May down there too!!! :banana::banana: Can't wait!!! Ten days just wasn't enough!!

Ok, stop - I am Christmas Green with envy!! DH and I were just discussing yesterday if we could somehow swing purchasing "something" in the VB area. We do love it there!!!:love:

Woo-hoo! Are you renting the same house as us?

Woo-hoo! Are you renting the same house as us?

No, we're down the road a bit at Ocean Club, Sea Oaks didn't work for us, tried but no go, just the two of us, unless we can talk some friends into visiting! If the condo is anything like the pics, we should be very happy :banana::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter