The 2004 Loews Hotels Discounts Watch Thread

Thanks for the update Castillo mom, I can wait a few more weeks.

Patty

I too will wait for the discounts to be announced!!! I was tempted to get the rooms too. Lets hope they come out soon! Don't want to pay rack.....

I had reservations for Aug. for HRH, but let the ressie expire without putting down a deposit...on purpose. I figured it will give everyone(including myself) a better chance of getting a discount. The suspense is killing me! Hopefully, E rates and Fan Club rates will be released SOON, and we will all get what we want!

What dates will you be there AspiringCindy? We're going in August too and I'm really hoping to meet up with some DIS members!:D

Melinda, Our first choice will be Aug.16-19 at HRH then on to Disney property for 1 week!

Anyone heard anything recently? (been out of town...) I too am dying to book a room, but told them "these are too high - I'll have to see if discounts come out" and did not book.

Just checked again today.....same answer. Check back in November.:rolleyes:

Well I want to book now!!!! LOL.....:p

AspiringCindy-

Just wanted to say that I am glad that you are giving Universal a second chance!!!! I know your first experience wasn't what you thought it would be. I hope they live up to it this time!:D

Discount waiting is horrible.I remember waiting for Disney discounts and they never had them because of greed.It stinks but what can we do.I hope they still have room rates for me by the time I call.I think with the 3 discount rates I should get the discount.
tiggerguy2000 ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: :wave2:

I think tiggerguy 2000 was refering to "corporate greed" on the part of Disney and Universal in not discounting rooms.

We have grown accustom to discounts being offered several months into the future. However, there is no guarantee that this policy will be repeated year after year.

Most reservations for Universal hotels are likely made at a much higher rate than the entertainment rate (let's hope so). My (emphasis on the word "My", please don't flame me) experience with Entertainment rates for "resort" hotels, is that the entertainment rate is only offered 90 days prior to arrival date and only if the hotel occupancy is less than some preset amount. I not saying that this is Universal's policy, and hopefully in November, Universal releases ET and fan club rates for six or more months of 2004 (oh Joy! nice warm fuzzy feeling), but I would not be surprised if there is a limited number of discounts only until the end of February.

What to do if this happens? We have airline tickets booked!! Remain Calm. In all likelihood you will get the room at the discount rate. However, it would be prudent to have a backup plan, investigate surrounding hotels. I do not want to enter a debate whether anyone should make reservations at universal or any hotel if you do not plan to keep them, but remember you are the customer, look after yourself. I have a hard time believing that more than 10% of the guests at universal hotels read the Disboards. Universal has a good product, but like most other business they have to balance between margin and their competitive market. According to an Orlando newspaper, Universal Theme parks operating profits are not paying for their debts. Thus they will and must try to raise margins, but they cannot afford to leave empty rooms either. Do not despair, keep calling, we are going to earn that discount this time.

IMHO
Dad of three.

My (emphasis on the word "My", please don't flame me) experience with Entertainment rates for "resort" hotels, is that the entertainment rate is only offered 90 days prior to arrival date and only if the hotel occupancy is less than some preset amount.

Well I'm certainly hoping Universal will release them more than 90 days out. I booked the Dolphin at an ET rate for Aug. 04, and when I called they told me the ET rates were out thru Oct. 04.

Spoke to someone today who seemed to know something we don't. She DOUBTS highly that there will be entertainment rates and one other this summer. She said the hotel no longer needs it to fill rooms. The only one for sure will be APH. This has me reallly upset because I then can't afford it .

Originally posted by thedisneymom
She DOUBTS highly that there will be entertainment rates and one other this summer.

I wonder if the "one other" she referred to is the Fan Club rate?

I called today to add 2 rooms for Fla friends who are joining us in Jan at HRH - while I had her on the phone she double checked my rooms and dropped club level down to 295. AAA rate (rack rate was 369.) (there was also a 299. rate available that she called "promotional rate") and pool view rooms down to 209. (rack rate was 249.) - garden view was 189.00 . I am still hoping for Fan Club and Ent rates - I think we've decided that the older adults will stay club level - the younger adults are happy with pool view- with such a large group coming down I need to know that I at least have these reservations (MLK weekend)! The Loews reservation clerk said to check back for the discounts - she thought they'd show up "by the end of November at the latest".

Called Wednesday, Oct. 22 (?) at 1:30pm, called the Loews number, and checked on dates Feb. 27 - Mar.1 - no discounts at all yet (not even AAA) and she had no idea when they would be released.

Originally posted by thedisneymom
She DOUBTS highly that there will be entertainment rates and one other this summer. She said the hotel no longer needs it to fill rooms. The only one for sure will be APH.

Oh crud!!! My mom just got all excited today because she purchased the 2004 Entertainment Book...now we spent the money on it for nothing!!! :eek: :(

Well, at least we are AP Holders if this proves to be true, but my mom is going to be P/Oed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter