The 2004 Loews Hotels Discounts Watch Thread

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
:crazy: THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!
Ok, so I thought we could start a thread watching for the discounts for 2004 for the onsite Universal Hotels. Please post here when you call to check for good rates.

I'll start...

Called Monday, October 13th at 12:00pm - called the
1800 LOEWS-11 number - No discount rates for 2004 yet.
Reservation agent was really clueless. :(

HI

I ALSO CALLED TODAY

MONDAY 13 1:00 PM NO RATES OUT YET, BUT THE WOMEN WAS VERY NICE AND SAID THAT SHE WAS TOLD ALL DIFFERENT RATES ARE COMING OUT EVERY WEEK SO TO TRY NEXT WEEK OR THE WEEK AFTER.
I WILL BE ON THE PHONE NEXT MONDAY.

HOPE SHE IS CORRECT.

DIANE::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo :sunny:

I called today also and was told that the discount rates would be available at the end of November. I am still going to try every week.

She kind of eluded to the fact that she wasn't sure that the entertainment rates weren't going to be available, but it might be because I am going in March 2004.

Just called today and spoke with a really nice gentlemen. He advised that APH rates are out for Portofino right now but only for certain dates and not past March. He said that they will have entertainment rates at all 3 resorts, but they are going to release them slowly and are expected in November, and of course it's based on availability.

We're also waiting for the discounted rates and when I called yesterday the lady said they probably won't be out until November.

Just have to keep checking back.

Great thread. Thx for the update. For giggles, I went online to the UO site, and tried ressies @ PBH for Feb. 3 - 5. APH rates came up as $279/club (reg $409). There was also a promotional rate for Club level at the same price. No std/bay/deluxe discounts.

BTW, tried typing in some weekends in March -- no discounts. Only tried this for PBH.

What is the code word to type in to check for AP discounts?

Teresa

Originally posted by AlexandNessa
Great thread. Thx for the update. For giggles, I went online to the UO site, and tried ressies @ PBH for Feb. 3 - 5. APH rates came up as $279/club (reg $409). There was also a promotional rate for Club level at the same price. No std/bay/deluxe discounts.

BTW, tried typing in some weekends in March -- no discounts. Only tried this for PBH.

Universal should just call the lowest discount the DISBoard Discount, because here is where the best deals will be found and its members will be first to snatch up the available rooms. Thank-you to those who contribute to this board. I also will be calling for 2004 disounts and I will post any new deals.

I wonder if Universal will match Disney on a recent promotion for Canadian residents. Disney is offering a hotel and length of stay passes at 69 cents on the US dollar to Canadian Residents. Since the Canadian dollars is now above 75 cents, this is way better than par. :D The catch is, there is a three day minimum stay, and you must buy a length of stay pass for each hotel night plus 1 for each guest. One night stay is required for deposit, and you must charge the package on to your Visa card. You can get a full refund within 45 days to arrival date. Hint :smooth: Hint.

Dad of Three

That would be a good think Dad of 3 if Universal could do something for Canadians also. I mean they do it for the UK!!:mad:

The END of November? Yee Gads! I think it's all part of an evil conspiracy to get us to book at regular prices so they don't offer many discounts. Don't they know I want to plan now, and it's all about me? :teeth:

Every time I call, I get the same thing, november for discounts, do you want to book now, I am afraid that enough book now, they wont offer discounts.

Patty

pathubia,

You are absolutely right!!!!!! No one should book unless they really will pay that rate. If all the rooms are held at regular rate, why would they offer a discount?

We just all have to be patient......I know by experience that it's hard to do so!!!!:p :D

I won't book now either. I am not willing to pay rack rate. I love Universal Express, but not at that price! If the discounts don't come out, there are plenty of great places near Universal on Hotwire and Hotelkingdom for reasonable rates.

I totally agree. I wish others would also see that by booking at those high rates with no intention of paying them just to hold a room they are taking away the chance that discounts will come out. The hotels may even hold off posting the discounts because they see they are a certain percent full. Which isn't in fact correct since it's just people booking and waiting with plans to cancel if rates don't go down. Like mentioned above why give discounts if they think they have most of their rooms sold.

I'm also going to wait like the above two posters and hopefully others will also and this way the hotels will maybe post their discounts soon.

Too true! I called just now to check rates and was soooo tempted to just go ahead and book, but then I came back to my senses and told the nice gentleman that I'd call back once the Entertainment rate was out. BTW, he said one to two weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter