The 10 BIG Changes That Are Coming to Walt Disney World

smbowtie

Been there done that, gonna do it again
I knew about most of these. Didn't know about the tree of life.

http://www.****************.com/features/20140305/16560/10-big-changes-are-coming-walt-disney-world

Yeah, this stuff usually gets brought up when we bemoan the lack of new major attractions in the parks. But from that standpoint:

10. New show and later AK hours, good
9. Won't miss it, but it is something going away, don't care much
8. Don't care
7. About time (but this is most maintenance and upkeep)
6. Don't care
5. Good
4. Don't care
3. Don't care
2. BOOOOOOOOO
1. Great! An actual new major attraction! I just wish it wasn't being built on the Epcot "Other People's Money" principle, that makes me fear that it will be under-maintained over the years.

Can we nuke 10-2 and replace them with new rides? No one cares about new DVCs or Four Seasons. Make the theme parks more interesting.

Has #7 (the refurb/update to Soarin') ever been truly confirmed by anyone other than unofficial blogs running on 'reliable sources'?

Who cares about the Four Seasons... and who WANTS to plan their appetizer 60 days in advance!!??

But all the Animal Kingdom stuff is fantastic. That's the golden child right now.

That's bizarre....planning the menus for my ADRs 60 days early so that Disney can turn tables over faster????????? Sheesh!

I'm excited for Pandora but not that excited because who knows when it will actually get built.

I wonder if they will move the Frozen singalong into the AI building.

I'm on the fence about the nighttime safari and show at AK and disturbing the animals for even longer than they already are. I dunno. Can't worry about that I guess.

Who cares about any hotel update or addition...ditto for DTD

So yeah, not that much to get excited about IMO.

Has #7 (the refurb/update to Soarin') ever been truly confirmed by anyone other than unofficial blogs running on 'reliable sources'?

There have been reports of actual filming taking place. However, those reports are coming from the same "unofficial blogs".

Yay now I have to know what beverage I'm going to want 60 days ahead of time. get real. Excited for disney springs and avatar though.

I wonder if Four Seasons will include all the on-site perks ? Anyone know ?

... and who WANTS to plan their appetizer 60 days in advance!!??

Especially given that if you don't book at midnight of the 60-day window of your ADR they might run out of potato skins fastpasses.

Can we nuke 10-2 and replace them with new rides? No one cares about new DVCs or Four Seasons. Make the theme parks more interesting.

I agree. No more hotel rooms! Spend the money on desperately needed attractions.

Agreed. The additional hotel rooms are only making things worse.

I completely agree. Automated monorail and more hotel rooms are going to do much for guest enjoyment of the parks.

However, why not KEEP the original Soarin', clean it up (the film is awful) add capacity AND add the new Soarin' over in World Showcase. So it more than more than doubles ride capacity.

However, why not KEEP the original Soarin', clean it up (the film is awful) add capacity AND add the new Soarin' over in World Showcase. So it more than more than doubles ride capacity.

I may be wrong here but, I feel like updating Soarin' would result in a lot of "They update Soarin'. AWESOME!!" threads.

While adding a 2nd Soarin in a new location would result in a lot of "Couldn't they come up with an original idea for a new attraction?" threads.

Agree with many of the others--- the only changes that truly excite me are planned for "AK"--- I hear "Rivers of Light" (if thats what they end up calling it), is going to be similar to "Mermaids, Myths, and Monsters", which used to be at "Sea World", and was very good --- (Of course, "Disneyfied", it should be MUCH better !!)

Knowing what I want to eat that far in advance. Mind blowing technology! I like the nuke 2 thru 10 idea and add 9 more attractions plan!:thumbsup2

Nice to see AK get some TLC. My DW loves AK and I must say its a park that I can only do once on a 7 day trip. Extended hrs will be good for AK. As for HS yes please drop the Idol stuff. Star Wars must take over that area $$$. As for the rest Meh! -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!