That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up; A Feb. '21 birthday TR with a little "extra" thrown in *LINK TO NEW TR! 10/9!*

But the best kinda night. Sounds like a good birthday to me
It was a great first 2 nights of my bass and we had more to come! Seriously, for the rest of the trip we would periodically just say to one another, "why were the 3 little pigs so funny????"
Good to hear that work is ramping up! Jason is getting his shot on Monday so hopefully I'll be adding to your workload soon enough :earboy2:
It is good; it's been busy since October but seriously out of control since January. I never worked this hard when I had an outside the house real life job!!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: that’s totally what happened to me on Paddy’s Day 😜. Kids came to visit from the garden and we had a wee mid-afternoon party, me with a cansecco or 2 (yes people prosecco in a can is as awesome as it sounds :rotfl:). Well I may have needed an afternoon nap in the sofa afterwards in order not to end up in bed at teatime but hey it’s all good on Paddy’s Day 🤣🍸🍸
LMAO I saw your post and it looked so fun and pretty out there! And glad you explained what "cansecco" is because I just thought it was some sort of drink you guys have over there for St Patrick's Day :rotfl2:

I said I'd post before the end of the weekend and I'm sticking to it!

First I want to show you the new Larry Dotson print we picked up at FARTS.

Beautiful isn't it? But you need to see what he wrote!

Our room is ready baby!! I love this one!

Anyway in my last update I finished up our first full day, Valentine's Day, that ended with dinner at Jaleo. Before I go on to our next day I think we'll go back in time a bit to that family trip we took over Thanksgiving!

I did say when I started that I wanted to kind of intertwine some of that trip with this one since I never get to do TR's that involve the kids. It'll be a real condensed version of the trip; here we go and I hope you don't mind!

Thanksgiving 2021

This trip came about because Thanksgiving is mine and Steve's absolute favorite time to go and since Ricky wasn't going back to college after the holiday (as was the case with most schools) it was a go! We stayed in BLT for the first time in a 1 bedroom and LOVED it.
First park of the trip was Epcot! The kids hadn't been to Disney since July of 2019 and they only spent like 2 hours in Epcot so I figured they wouldn't mind.
What they kind of minded was all the pictures I asked them to pose for:

They kind of learned to deal with it by the end of the trip! Here's one picture I loved taking:

I know I keep saying this in my reports but I love the way we "see" characters now and I really hope it continues!
We saw a few cavalcades, ate at Regal Eagle for the first time, and the boys saw the LWtL holiday overlay for the first time:

Along the way Steve and I did stop for some refreshments:

Now until our September trip, the Avocado margarita had been my fave. But on that trip Steve got a Cucumber one and now that's my go to! I find it more light and refreshing, to the point that if need be I could drink two...........
but on this day I did not as we had dinner not long after and I assumed more drinks would follow. We had dinner at Tutto Italia for the first time in years! And it was good! We all enjoyed it and while Il Mulino is still our go-to Disney restaurant for Italian, I wouldn't hesitate to go to Tutto Italia again.
We were all tired from a super early flight so we headed out around 7 and I got this lovely shot :

I love SE at night all lit up! Can't wait to see what it looks like for the 50th! We did go into the CR to browse around and pick up drinks before going back to our room. Speaking of, I'll leave you with a picture of one of the special holiday "treats" they had for sale in the Contemporary. It's a gingerbread CR with a....white chocolate......monorail going through it??

Ricky and Chris found the monorail design interesting and, well, fodder for boy jokes if you get my drift!

It was a good first day of what may have been our last "family" Disney trip for awhile :sad: Whenever I get back we'll jump back to my birthday celebration!!

I said I'd post before the end of the weekend and I'm sticking to it!
Look at you all keeping to your word and all.
Wow! That's gorgeous! I really like it! I mean... a lot!
But you need to see what he wrote!
That's awesome! How great is that?!?!?
It'll be a real condensed version of the trip; here we go and I hope you don't mind!
Not at all! :)
Thanksgiving is mine and Steve's absolute favorite time to go
Can you tell us why?
We stayed in BLT for the first time in a 1 bedroom and LOVED it.
I've heard someone else say the same.
:laughing:
Here's one picture I loved taking:

I like that one too. :)
I know I keep saying this in my reports but I love the way we "see" characters now and I really hope it continues!
Several have said that. While I haven't been able to experience it... and I suppose getting autographs would be impossible (?), I too think I'll like that better.
Now until our September trip, the Avocado margarita had been my fave. But on that trip Steve got a Cucumber one and now that's my go to!
Really! I'm surprised!
to the point that if need be I could drink two.
Uh, huh. Like you wouldn't have done that with the Avocado...
Il Mulino is still our go-to Disney restaurant for Italian,
I'd not even heard of that one. I have never been over to Swolphin.
I got this lovely shot :

Love the reflection. :)
Can't wait to see what it looks like for the 50th!
I sure hope I'll get that chance. Right now... I have no idea.
they had for sale in the Contemporary. It's a gingerbread CR with a....white chocolate......monorail going through it??
It was for sale?!?!?! Wow!
Do you remember how much?
You'd need a good size group (or some time) to tackle all that!
Ricky and Chris found the monorail design interesting and, well, fodder for boy jokes if you get my drift!
Nope. No idea what that could be. Could you explain it in detail?

I am finally caught up again! Happy Belated Anniversary! :love: I loved the report on Jaleo! It would be great to go there some day and who can resist a good sangria? :drinking1 It is nice to see photos of the Epcot lagoon from your Thanksgiving report without the barges blocking the view!

I looked up those dresses on Amazon. Wow! I should order the giraffe one... I am so tempted. But it only comes in that one style and it looks way too short for someone as tall as I am. I was looking for a pirate themed one or a Star Wars themed one for our 2022 cruise... I will keep watching that site! :surfweb:

Your Thanksgiving trip looks like it got off to a great start and I'm amazed you got the boys to pose for any photos (unlike my grumpy sons whom I have to threaten to withhold food from in order to get at least 1 pic of each trip :rotfl: ).
Your print is gorgeous and as for the monorail- well you gotta love boy humour:rotfl:

Speaking of April are you going then too?
We have a quick, three night trip coming up, April 12-15th. With $49 airfare and 40% AP resort discuss, a quick trip to the GF just seemed the thing to do. :) When is your trip?
I've learned to recognize the change in music that announces the cavalcades. I hope they continue doing it. :)
I found the design "interesting", too. ;)

I love the print, it is amazing! I got my first print from him last year at the Farts!
I Ioved our one trip over Thanksgiving in 2017, I hope to get back around that time of year again one of these years!
The monorail gingerbread house is interesting.......:rolleyes:

Glad to hear you are super busy with work even if it means less Dis time. Busy is always good for a small business. :)

I really love it too!
Now until our September trip, the Avocado margarita had been my fave. But on that trip Steve got a Cucumber one and now that's my go to! I find it more light and refreshing, to the point that if need be I could drink two...........
I am a huge fan of the cucumber margarita...can't wait to have one again!

Love it! So perfect for you

Well at least with the masks we all can't tell how much they really hate it :confused3

know I keep saying this in my reports but I love the way we "see" characters now and I really hope it continues!
I think I'm gonna really like this. I do like the characters but hate the lines and having to make up things to say. I'm all for the quick photo op and getting the heck outta dodge

But on that trip Steve got a Cucumber one and now that's my go to! I find it more light and refreshing, to the point that if need be I could drink two...........
Yum. I don't think we've tried this one but love all things Cucumber. Especially when you can have more than 1

And here i am thinking how adorable this is and didn't even notice the monorail. Oh Disney...

Sounds like a nice day with the boys at EPCOT, even if you did torture them by making them pose for pictures. I look forward to torturing my future children in a similar manner.

Also I am cracking up thinking about the jokes that could be made about that monorail... :rotfl2:

First I want to show you the new Larry Dotson print we picked up at FARTS.

LOVE THIS!

I did say when I started that I wanted to kind of intertwine some of that trip with this one since I never get to do TR's that involve the kids.

I really like that you're doing this. I'm doing the same thing on our current report. It's Christmas 2019 trip with Danielle's DCP drop off included.

Boys! Pictures are memories.

We had dinner at Tutto Italia for the first time in years! And it was good!

I really want to try Tutto's. We haven't been here since it was Alfredo's.

:rotfl2:

Yes! Regardless of anything else it is nice to sit outside there when the weather cooperates. It was chilly later in the week when we were outside at Il Mulino and I was a bit nervous we'd be uncomfortable but it wasn't as bad as I though and they had heaters too. I don't think we'll have to worry about being chilly outside next month!

No, I am pretty sure not. And if so, I'll be MORE than bitter!! I need some warm weather!!!

the new Larry Dotson print we picked up at FARTS.

So cool!!!
Even cooler!!

ME TOO!! It's so much better. I know the kids love the hugs, so maybe both?

to the point that if need be I could drink two...........
Why do you have to have a "need"?!

I love SE at night all lit up! Can't wait to see what it looks like for the 50th!

I am so excited to see the things they do to make it different and special. :)

Of course they did. HA!

Look at you all keeping to your word and all.
Yeah I'm cool like that :cool1:
Wow! That's gorgeous! I really like it! I mean... a lot!
Me too!!!
Can you tell us why?
I think because as a family we've had some really good trips over Thanksgiving? Well other than the terrible trip of 2015 but otherwise......And I love the weather, don't find it too crowded. I think it's a really great way to start off the holiday season!
Several have said that. While I haven't been able to experience it... and I suppose getting autographs would be impossible (?), I too think I'll like that better.
Yeah no autographs and those with little ones probably prefer the regular way but this is so nice and can offer "ooh look!" moments
I'd not even heard of that one. I have never been over to Swolphin.
We'd only been to see the holiday decorations - over Thanksgiving - and then a few years ago were looking for new restaurants to try and found it!
Nope. No idea what that could be. Could you explain it in detail?
LOL I could go through all the emojis and find a few choice ones.......
I am finally caught up again! Happy Belated Anniversary! :love:
Ha thank you!
I looked up those dresses on Amazon. Wow! I should order the giraffe one... I am so tempted. But it only comes in that one style and it looks way too short for someone as tall as I am. I was looking for a pirate themed one or a Star Wars themed one for our 2022 cruise... I will keep whom I have to threaten to withhold food from in order to get at least 1 pic of each trip :rotfl: ).
LOL!
As for the dresses at 5'3" I don't have the same issue but, my friend Billie whom I found out about these from and who I think has like 30 of them, is almost 6 feet tall and they work for her :goodvibes
well you gotta love boy humour
Oh I do! I still come out with a "DEEZ NUTS" every now and then!

We have a quick, three night trip coming up, April 12-15th. With $49 airfare and 40% AP resort discuss, a quick trip to the GF just seemed the thing to do. :) When is your trip?
We have 3 nights also, at CCV, but not until April 24th. We had to get in another trip before Steve's AP expires the end of the month!
've learned to recognize the change in music that announces the cavalcades. I hope they continue doing it. :)
Yes exactly! As soon as it changes and gets a little louder you know someone is coming :goodvibes
I love the print, it is amazing! I got my first print from him last year at the Farts!
Isn't he great? I think we have 6 or 7 now, just still need to hang this one up!
I Ioved our one trip over Thanksgiving in 2017, I hope to get back around that time of year again one of these years!
I know we won't go this year but I also know we will again!
The monorail gingerbread house is interesting.......:rolleyes:
:rotfl: to say the least!
I am a huge fan of the cucumber margarita...can't wait to have one again!
I hope you get one in August ❤
Love it! So perfect for you
It's tied for my favorite along with the WL print we have from him
I think I'm gonna really like this. I do like the characters but hate the lines and having to make up things to say. I'm all for the quick photo op and getting the heck outta dodge
Yup me thinks you will. And for those that have little kids and are going for the 1st time, they don't know any better so still a win for them!
And here i am thinking how adorable this is and didn't even notice the monorail. Oh Disney...
lmao but that's the best part! I kinda would love to see Jason pose with this.................
That white chocolate monorail... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Seriously right? Steve and I just looked at each other for a minute when we first saw it like" ah...." because in that moment we were ALL 12 year old boys!
Sounds like a nice day with the boys at EPCOT, even if you did torture them by making them pose for pictures. I look forward to torturing my future children in a similar manner.
Oh the torturing is the best lol!

I really want to try Tutto's. We haven't been here since it was Alfredo's.
Wow that was awhile ago lol! We like Via Napoli but honestly liked Tutto better. What we really like though is Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar!
And now it's ours too. 😁
We both introduced each other to a new awesome restaurant this trip!
Even cooler!!
I was giddy when I saw that :dancer:
I am so excited to see the things they do to make it different and special. :)
Same! I got nervous a bit last year wondering how toned down it would be from.....everything but I do think it's going to be great

Happy Almost Friday all! Taking a little time to update because like Disney this is a Happy Place for me and work has been :crazy::crazy::crazy: and I need a vacation!
Luckily in about a month I'll be here:

wl1.jpg

On the Copper Creek side but still at the Lodge! We're doing a quick 3 night stay for Flower and Garden and I'm counting the days........also looking forward to Easter and Ricky being home again to celebrate his birthday which is a few days later.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed my first Thanksgiving trip update! Let's go back/forward again to this past February and our 2nd full day in the parks, February 15th :goodvibes

So...the next morning did not start as bright and early as some of us had planned. The night before, Melinda and I had decided we'd get to the MK prior to opening to hit the big rides and then relax in the pool mid day before any evening fun.

That led to a 6:45 wake up for me, followed by a shower, quickly followed by quite the bit of uneasiness while blow drying my hair, followed by me going back to bed. Festivities from the night before were clearly getting in the way of rope drop and I felt much better when Melinda texted that she as well was not quite ready for rope dropping this day! Steve ran in to Jenny and Joe in the lobby while grabbing me some OJ and a muffin and while they were headed out, Jenny was pretty much having a similar morning to myself.

A nap, muffin and refreshing bottle of OJ later we were ready to head to the park around 10:30? So not too bad! Seeing this made my tummy do a flip flop but in a good way:

And a hearty hello from Donald added to the happiness!

I wasn't ready for anything CRAZY like BTMRR so we started with HM and a leisurely stroll through Liberty Square which I think is a seriously underrated land:

Do we all know why the center is brown/tan/not the same as the rest?

And what the lanterns hanging from the tree over by Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe signify? No? Ok.

We caught up with @Jenny Sanders and Joe and did some rides together like Peter Pan and then I was able to introduce them to one of my absolute favorite snacks over at the Poly; the famous Capt. Cook's Pulled Pork Nachos!

I'm happy to say I made another fan. The CM's here were super friendly and when one noticed my birthday button she brought me this!

It was the Valentine's Day special cinnamon type cupcake and it was delish. I can't remember where Jen and Joe went but Steve and I headed back to the resort as I had about 2 hours worth of work that turned into about 4 hours worth of work. But at least I saw this when we returned to the room!

Thank you Walt Disney World!

The work kind of ruined our dinner plans; but I needed to keep going and get a wedding group contract done as it had to go back and forth a few times and was due DONE in 2 days. We felt bad but finally let Jen know we wouldn't be joining them at California Grill but WOULD keep our plans to meet up with them at MK later! Once I finished we went down to Three Bridges again and luckily were seated at the bar within about 10 minutes even though it was like 7:15 on a busy night:

Steve went with his mule and since I'd sampled lots of sangria here and at Jaleo the night before I ordered what Melinda had gotten on arrival night,
Santa Maria Collins
Puerto de Indias Strawberry Gin, Lime, Strawberry, Club Soda

And we both got something we hadn't had before but also looked good when Melinda got it, the Three Bridges Signature burger. I need to show this picture because I think this is my new favorite Disney property burger!
Three Bridges Signature Burger*
crispy potato, Manchego cheese, roasted garlic-lemon aïoli, arugula, and tomato served with smoked paprika fries or fruit

THOSE FRIES THO! And the most tender juciest burger!
We were out rather quickly and met up with all our friends at the MK for some rides and to close the park down for the first time in awhile:

It was a more low key day and dinner than the day/night before, and that was OK! We still had a few days to go and bonus! got an extra unexpected day!

I hope you get one in August ❤
Thank you so much! As soon as I hear the border is open, I will be booking our flights! :)
On the Copper Creek side but still at the Lodge! We're doing a quick 3 night stay for Flower and Garden and I'm counting the days........also looking forward to Easter and Ricky being home again to celebrate his birthday which is a few days later.
That is going to be so nice to have your boy home. Even though Jack was just home last weekend for Jamie and Stuart's birthday, he will be home again next weekend for Easter and I can't wait!
Yep! But I don't know about the light by the Christmas shoppe.
We caught up with @Jenny Sanders and Joe and did some rides together like Peter Pan and then I was able to introduce them to one of my absolute favorite snacks over at the Poly; the famous Capt. Cook's Pulled Pork Nachos!
These are SO good!!
It was the Valentine's Day special cinnamon type cupcake and it was delish. I can't remember where Jen and Joe went but Steve and I headed back to the resort as I had about 2 hours worth of work that turned into about 4 hours worth of work. But at least I saw this when we returned to the room!
Boo to work on vacation but also yay to running a successful small business!
teve went with his mule and since I'd sampled lots of sangria here and at Jaleo the night before I ordered what Melinda had gotten on arrival night,
Santa Maria Collins
Puerto de Indias Strawberry Gin, Lime, Strawberry, Club Soda

And we both got something we hadn't had before but also looked good when Melinda got it, the Three Bridges Signature burger. I need to show this picture because I think this is my new favorite Disney property burger!
Three Bridges Signature Burger*
crispy potato, Manchego cheese, roasted garlic-lemon aïoli, arugula, and tomato served with smoked paprika fries or fruit
I am so happy to hear all the great reviews on Three Bridges. Jack and I are planning to eat there on our arrival night as we are going to do a night at Gran Destino before hitting the DVC portion of our stay. :)

And what the lanterns hanging from the tree over by Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe signify? No? Ok.
YES! These are the kinds of details I LOVE about visiting.....also the kind of information I can't keep myself from sharing with my family EVERY time we visit. They're like, "we know, we know, the lanterns." :)

Mmmmmmm, see, this is where you went wrong! Forget the muffin. You should have had THIS for breakfast!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter