• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving dinner?

My2lilPrincesses

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disneyland for Thanksgiving this year. There will be six of us, 4 adults and 2 young kids (5 and 2). I've heard there is a good place to eat with a traditional turkey menu and characters but can't find the info anywhere. Any suggestions on good places to have dinner with traditional food and fun for the kids? Also how early can I make reservations and where do I call?

Thanks!

In 2005 we were in DL over Thanksgiving. I do not recall there being anything specific then, but we did have dinner at Ariel's Grotto, and they did offer a traditional turkey meal as a dinner option. I must however note that it was not the greatest meal (referencing only the "special Thanksgiving" choices that DH and I ordered)

Priority seatings can be made 60 days in advance, and you call Disney Dining (I do not have the number off hand, and am on an excruciatingly slow internet connection)

As a side note though - it was a beautiful time to be at DL - the holiday decorations were up, the weather was beautiful, and at least on Thursday the crowds were minimal :thumbsup2

Goofy's kitchen also has a Thanksgiving dinner as well. I also think the Story Tellers place in GCH has something as well. I think last year I found the lists on the DL website. The ballroom dinner is the one with the characters that night.

Our traditional Thanksgiving meal is dinner at Rancho Del Zocayo (yes, rapid fans of mexican food, even if it is Disneyfied Mex). :rotfl:

I would suggest Goofy's Kitchen. I'm pretty sure they will have some traditional offerings at their buffet. For off site, I'd go to Mimi's. Of course the only characters there will be other vacationers. :goodvibes

Good luck on your quest, and we'll likely see you in line somewhere in the park. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter