Thanksgiving 2007!!!

Hey, everyone. Boy when you miss a few days on the boards, you get behind! Lampy, sorry to see your car that way. :mad:
Thanks for the packing tips. I haven't heard anyone mention packing pirate costumes. Does anyone dress for the Pirates of the C. night? pirate: I can't believe we have just over 5 weeks!!!! :woohoo:
Melinda

Yes, we always dress up in our pirate gear for dinner and keep it on til after the pirate party on deck. That is one of our funnest nights!

When I pack I always use the travel space bags. You wouldn't believe how much stuff I can get in one bag. Lampy is right- put all your clothes in and take 1/2 out. You will need all the spare room you can manage because you will be bringing back all those souveniers. :goodvibes

Hey, everyone. Boy when you miss a few days on the boards, you get behind! Lampy, sorry to see your car that way. :mad:
Thanks for the packing tips. I haven't heard anyone mention packing pirate costumes. Does anyone dress for the Pirates of the C. night? pirate: I can't believe we have just over 5 weeks!!!! :woohoo:
Melinda

Our DS dresses as a pirate every year for pirate night!! pirate: They did a great job in the Oceeneer Club putting pirate makeup on his face to go w/ his costume!! pirate: Hopefully, they will do the same in the Lab. pirate: Many adults dress up as well.

Lisa

*[SIZE="4[COLOR="Navy"]"]*Collapsable hamper w/ handles. As Chuck said, I do laundry on the Magic. The hamper works great!!

*Over door shoe holder w/ plastic compartments. There is limited counter space in the bathrooms. The compartments are great to hold sunscreen, toiletries, etc.

*Sweatshirt or sweater. The indoor areas on the Magic can be chilly--lots of a/c.

*Empty bag for souvenirs. Last year we ended up buying an extra bag in the gift shop on the Magic, b/c we ran out of room when packing!!

***according to our Magical source, our ship is almost completely sold out. There are only about 40 available cabins. In fact, beside Christmas, it is the most full Magic for the rest of this year*** Don't worry, though, we have been on the Magic before when it was sold out and it did not feel crowded at all. The cast members do an amazing job!!:thumbsup2

Lisa [/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

Hey Lampy, We have a Copper 07 Z06 on the floor!!

LOL.....been looking at the "new" body style.......the ins. company of the detail shop is renting me an 07 convert....I'll get it tonight or tomorrow....319.00 a day! I think they will settle pretty quick......they offered to fix my car and give me 15k.......I said "no, its damaged goods.....what happens if I sell it 10 years from now and they run a car fax and see it was wrecked? It is a 2000 with only 22,000 miles........black on black 6speeds are REAL rare for that year.....I think under 500 made with that combo, heads up display and the bose......I WANT an 07....settling for nothing less.....

Well, we have an ongoing 'helpful hints and tips' list:coffee: in this thread, how about also...(another reason so many of us look forward to the Disney cruise:banana: ) a list of FOODS we're eager to have (again!)

My list could possibly go on forever, but the first things that come to mind as I count down the days are:

gnocchi (Palo dinner)
tiramisu (Palo dinner dessert)
lemon meringue pie (Palo brunch)
stollen with jam, berries and whipped cream (Palo brunch)
'sticky buns' (Palo brunch..and one morning at Topsiders)
pizza (Palo brunch)
Mickey waffles (often at Topsiders)
cheese and bacon mini-quiches (second night at Animator's Palate)
Mickey ice cream bars (everywhere)

corned beef hash at Topsiders (okay..laugh if you may:rotfl: ..it's the only time I ever have it. I'd prepare it at home (Hormel, yum!) but Rob and Rachel won't have any of it with me.)

Priscilla

I think I just gained 5 lbs. reading your list. :eek: My kids keeping saying, "You mean we can go get food anytime and not have to pay for it?"
They're getting so excited!!! Melinda

I think I just gained 5 lbs. reading your list. :eek: My kids keeping saying, "You mean we can go get food anytime and not have to pay for it?"
They're getting so excited!!! Melinda

My DH always reminds me when I say it's free that it is not free, I prepaid for it. Always thinking about the $$$ I spend on cruises. He just doesn't let me get away with anything!:lmao:

Any word on the T-Shirts ?? Just checking... I think it is a great idea if we can pull it off..

PS: Did anyone need me to print the door sign for them? I have sent a few and they look pretty good.

Wendy and Family live from Disney World...

Heading to the Mickey's Not Soo Scary Halloween Party friday night.

:yay: :banana: pirate:

Any word on the T-Shirts ?? Just checking... I think it is a great idea if we can pull it off..

Wendy and Family live from Disney World...

Heading to the Mickey's Not Soo Scary Halloween Party friday night.

:yay: :banana: pirate:

Even if we do not have personalized tee shirts we can still all show up in lime green shirts and meet up at the sail away party:thumbsup2

Say hi to Mickey for us

Rob

I like those sticky buns for breakfast too, priscilla, and the chocolate chip cookies at Castaway Cay are the best. Lisa likes the cookies too. And I agree w/the other DH - we do prepay for allthe stuff we eat, and probably a lot more that we dont eat.

Chuck:cool1:

Must be a guy thing.:headache: My DH always reminds me, too. Oh, we're definitely paying for everything! :)
Melinda
Also, when should we be getting our cruise documents? I know it's a bit early but I can hope :) .

Must be a guy thing.:headache: My DH always reminds me, too. Oh, we're definitely paying for everything! :)
Melinda
Also, when should we be getting our cruise documents? I know it's a bit early but I can hope :) .

We usually receive your doc's 2-3 weeks before the cruise:banana:

Rob:thumbsup2

Hi everyone....drum roll please.....

I have good news and not-so-good news about the t-shirts. 1st the not-so-good.....I tried to go through cool print and zazzle and even a local guy to do the door magnet on a t-shirt. No one can do it because of "licensing" issues.

At zazzle, we could each print our own favorite character on a t-shirt and add the tag line..."Turkeys take over the Magic! Thanksgiving 2007" but that would be it.

Now for the good news...Chris (the guy that did the 2005 t-shirts) is fabulous! He can modify the 2005 design for us (which I have no clue how to post...go back and look at Lampy's t-shirt and you'll see it) for 2007. He'll print the t-shirts and ship them to me, but I need exact sizes and quantities to get a quote. My hunch is we would need to budget ~$10 a shirt and it will likely be less than this. Also, I'd need to know if you all want "dis-Green" or another color...AND we'd all have to get the same color.

I can e-mail the design that Chris sent to me to anyone that wants to see it...unless someone can tell me how to put a jpg on here....

So...which way do we go...Zazzle or with Chris?

Karen

Karen,

Sounds as if Chris is the easiest way to go. I think at this point, everyone picking their own design through zazzle could get overwhelming. We'd all be so easily identifiable to one another w/the same design (lime green is great!)

I don't remember how much we paid for our t-shirts in '05, but I've yet to pay TOO MUCH for a t-shirt.

I want to make this easy on you, so if this helps, the sizes we'll need for our family:

Rob - M
Priscilla - S

We'll send you payment, along w/our mailing address. The way Andrew handled this in 05 was to send the family's t-shirts in a priority mail envelope at the flat rate of $4.10. (He was able to get as many as four shirts in one envelope!) I think once you're able to obtain the rate, everyone here can help you from there. (Send their payments and addresses to you, you mail them to us?):thumbsup2

Please let us know how else any of us can help.

Priscilla

Priscilla,

My absolutely favorite thing to eat on the Magic is at the brunch at Palos: dark chocolate bowls filled with mocha/coffee mousse! Fabulous!

Also, Alaskan King Crab legs at the brunch dipped in melted butter!

Thanks so much for working on the t-shirts! I agree to go with Chris. We'll take four t-shirts S, M, M, and L.

Hi all,

Going with Chris is also much cheaper as Zazzle would be at least $12 per shirt (plus shipping).

So, Laura and Priscilla, I've got you all down. Need everyone else's. Let's say that closing day to order a t-shirt is October 15....does that work for everyone?

Thanks,

Karen

Hi Karen-

Thanks for taking care of the t-shirts!!! We agree--Chris seems the way to go!! :thumbsup2 Dis Green is great--it really stands out!! We would like to order 3 t-shirts. 1 adult xxlarge, 1 adult xlarge and 1 youth medium. Thanks again!!

Lisa

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter