Thank You (PCC 3)

myweegirls

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

I'm writing with an enormous "thank you" from Eric, myself, Anna, and Tessa. As most of you know, Eric was airlifted off of the Dream on Monday, the first full day of PCC 3, due to a medical emergency. He was brought to Nassau, where the girls and I joined him on Tuesday. We held out some hope that he might be cleared for travel and be able to rejoin the cruise, but it wasn't to be, and we stayed in Nassau until Friday, when we flew back to Orlando.

First, Eric is doing miles better. We have some follow-up work to do when we get home, but he's doing just fine now. We both really appreciate all the kind wishes and thoughts that have come our way since this happened. We are currently settled in at AKV/Jambo for the week, continuing the vacation we'd planned for over a year. We are not deterred from cruising, not even a little bit, and we are currently investigating the possibility of sailing on PCC 4...

Now, the thank-yous - I hardly know where to start. The medical staff on the Dream was wonderful - thorough, communicative, and very helpful. Our stateroom host, George, inquired after our needs at every turn. Mario, the Dream's guest services manager, never missed a call from me and was available every time I had a question or concern. He was sympathetic, efficient, kind, and we appreciate his efforts on our behalf. Disney in general - we had a port agent, two DCL crew members in Nassau with us,, and a medical operations manager in FL who were in constant contact with each other and with us to ensure that we were well taken care of in Nassau. A special shout-out to Analyn and Hayley, the DCL crew who came ashore with us - Hayley is a youth counselor and was there to help care for the girls, and Analyn was our administrative link to Disney. Doctors Hospital in Nassau provided excellent care - their physicians, nurses, patient care reps, and (even!) the billing rep were all kind and beyond competent. Charlie, the taxi driver who took us everywhere we needed to go in Nassau, was booked by the port agent to be on call for us, and he was delightful, giving us a bit of a tour of the shoreline, even, on our way to the airport on Friday. Eric's company provided Herculean assistance with our flights back to the US and the billing bureaucracy of medical care outside the US.

I save my final thanks for this group. The DIS Unplugged/Dreams Unlimited team were phenomenal. John and Tracey arranged for me to get to our car in the port while Eric and the girls took ME to our resort. That car ride was one of the most serene experiences of my life, and it brought me back to the vacation mindset I had abandoned a few days earlier. The girls were also beyond delighted with the gift card they won, and they have added some serious Brave merchandise to their haul with it. :)

Theresa, your thoughtfulness in getting Tessa all Belled up still brings tears to my eyes. I don't know how to thank you for showing such kindness to my little girl when her mommy wasn't able to get the job done.

The DISers we met on this cruise were phenomenally supportive, and I will never forget your many kindnesses. Kathleen and Neal, you have friends in us for life, and we look forward to seeing you again before long!

So, to sum up, we are trying to relax out of this experience - happily, we're doing it at Disney, as home currently has 100-degree temps and no electricity. Eric's recovered, and tonight we live it up at the Hoop-de-Doo. We are counting our blessings, and you're all in there. Thanks again for everything, and see you soon!

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We were all so concerned for you. The most important thing is that Eric is doing better. Thank you for the update, and have to agree that Dreams is wonderful, as is Disney.

:grouphug:

thank you for the update!!!

i'm so glad to hear that Erik is recovering and that alls well that ends well!!

and i'm so very very very impressed by Disney!! That DU would be phenomenal doesn't surprise me at all!! But i had no idea that Disney would be as well!

very very impressive to say the least!!

enjoy the rest of your vacation!! :goodvibes

Oh my goodness! You guys were so excited about the cruise when I met you in December. I am glad that Erik is doing better, hopefully your time at AKL will be very uneventful. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Liz,

I am sooo glad to hear Eric is doing so much better. We were all very concerned and we're sending you good thoughts the entire way! I hope you are now able to relax for the rest of your say and put this experience behind you. I hope to see you again on 4.0!!

Shelly

Liz, I'm so glad to hear that your husband and all of you for that matter are doing better.

Glad to read a good update. I hope your husband continues to feel well and you have a fantastic week in Orlando.

Hi Liz,

Kathleen and I are so glad that things are going well. Just have a blast at WDW and we will definitely catch up with you. It was such a pleasure to meet you and Eric, and your girls are just priceless.:)

Neal

Hi Liz,

Neal and I are thrilled that you, Eric and the girls are able to enjoy the second part of your vacation. It was incredible watching Disney do what they do best, but more importantly, Neal and I were amazed at your strength and resilience throughout the process. With everything going on, you found a way to let the girls enjoy the time they had on the ship. Once you're back, let's get in touch! Have fun at the Hoop-Dee-Doo! By the way, did you know Tessa won a gift card at the Podcast recording?

I'm so glad that you're finally getting to enjoy some well-deserved vacation time with your family and Eric is much better. I'm sorry for the difficult time. I truly enjoyed meeting you and wish we'd had more time to hang-out and enjoy.
Prayers for continued recovery. I hope you have a wonderful vacation and safe trip home.

Amanda

Learned this happened during the live recording of the podcast and both my daughter and I were struck by the great care your family received from both DCL and Dreams Unlimited. We were both so sorry to hear one of our fellow Dis'ers came down ill, but happy to hear that things are better and you were able to continue on with your vacation.

Take care. Hope to actually meet you all on a future PC cruise.

I'd like to pass along my thanks, as well. This was a bad enough situation, but it could have been much worse. This community helped the situation immensely, and I am indebted to everyone who helped out my family.

Thank you for your thoughts and any help you provided my family. I am incredibly sad to have missed out on what sounds like a wonderful cruise, but am seriously heartened by everyone's kindness and generosity.

Next cruise will be better.

Liz,
Thank you for posting an update. I've been wondering how things were going since we chatted at the foot of the kid's slide that day. Its good to know that you are having a more normal vacation now and that your girls are enjoying themselves. Of course we are glad your hubby is back on his feet too!

We (Val & I) look forward to seeing you at future DIS events. :grouphug:

Im very happy everything worked out ok for you and your family.

Not sure if your interested but I got some cool shots of the coastguard on castaway key I though maybe you would like. (I know I would if it was me)

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

Liz, I know we don't know you guys but we are diser "family". I am glad things turned out well and that Eric is better. Many blessings to you and your family.
Peace and Pixie Dust,
Carla (zendisney), Gilchrist (minniemimi52) and Lakyn

Liz,
I'm so happy you guys are all alright! It's amazing how far-reaching the "Disney Bubble" truly goes, isn't it? DU folks are the best, Dis-ers are tops and well, everyone was totally pulling for all of you, so we had your back there! Keep getting better!
By the way, my suggestion would be for you to listen to the podcast from the ship. Teresa's observation of the emergency drill the DCL Crew did on Nassau is probably the best medicine you'd ever need! My sides STILL hurt from laughing!
All the best to you guys!!
D-La

Thanks again, everyone! Mike, those pictures are great...I watched the chopper leave from the ramp with the crew, and it was a little unnerving at the time. It's much cooler from this perspective. :)

We've had a wonderful week at WDW and are starting for home in the morning. We took the girls to see Brave at Downtown Disney (we debarked just before the showing n the Dream), and we've all but erased the events of the cruise week. We're all looking forward to seeing everyone the next time out! Currently pondering the New England GKTW meet...

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Oh my heck - I can't believe I forgot to thank Pete!! Pete, who, when he heard what was going on and that Eric might be airlifted to the States, offered to give us a person on the ground there to help. "An advocate?" I said... "A pit bull," he said. Another example of the awesomeness of this organization. Pete, you rock. XO

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!