Texas

I'm in shock too. Our state administration has been shockingly bad thruout the pandemic. Our governor just a few weeks ago expressly forbid cities from mandating masks and made it impossible to punish anyone not wearing one. As of today is a $250 fine for each offense after the first one.

I LOVE HEB. Aside from their preparedness and responsiveness, their HEB branded products are the best. Dd has food allergies so we are hyperaware of ingredients and HEB has not only the best labeling, but frequently less crap additives as well. They rock.

In many small towns in Texas HEB is the only grocery store.

Funny story, 13 yo dd was at a summer camp in Kansas, and put together a skit with a few other kids who happened to be from Texas. The punchline was "And they got it at HEB!" Which fell completely flat with the rest of the group, who happened to not be from Texas. She had no idea HEB wasn't a well known phenomena. LOL

I'm in shock too! And I miss HEB so much. Here in the Dallas suburbs all we have is Central Market.

You sound like DS and DDIL. They recently moved up just north of Fort Worth. About once a month they make the 45 minute drive to the closest HEB and stock up. That plus they ask us to bring some HEB stuff whenever we visit. Easy because in our town, HEB is the only show in town.

I wish our governor here would mandate masks, we're on the way to being really bad. Nashville reverted back to a modified phase 2 effective tomorrow but the rest of the state outside of a few cities is fully open and everything. We have some cities where the fair is going on! :sad2: And don't get me started on the concerts that were held out east

I can't imagine not having an HEB nearby. They were everywhere in South Texas growing up. We had two in our little town in the 70's.

When I first met my husband he had just moved from south Texas and talked about “the HEB” all the time. It almost Seemed fanatical and he was a young single guy raving about a grocery store. Sure I have a particular favorite grocery store chains but never really thought much about it. I always thought he was a little crazy until our wedding when all his friends and family were asking where the nearest HEB (heeb) was and couldn’t believe we didn’t have one.

Glad to hear they weren’t an isolated cult!

HEB has always had a hugs presence in the valley and south Texas. I grew up with HEB. All the rest are foreign to me.
Hanging my head in shame. I’ve never been to an HEB. “They” keep saying they are buying land around here to open. I’d love it!

We don't have HEB in North Texas but we do have Central Market which they own. Good store.
If you really want to check it out there is one in Burleson... kinda a drive for a grocery store. I do like it though..
I am not a huge fan of central market, I guess cause the prices really bother me and I cant get past it.

When I first met my husband he had just moved from south Texas and talked about “the HEB” all the time. It almost Seemed fanatical and he was a young single guy raving about a grocery store. Sure I have a particular favorite grocery store chains but never really thought much about it. I always thought he was a little crazy until our wedding when all his friends and family were asking where the nearest HEB (heeb) was and couldn’t believe we didn’t have one.

Glad to hear they weren’t an isolated cult!
I feel out of whack if I walk into any other grocery store. HEB all the way.

I am not a huge fan of central market, I guess cause the prices really bother me and I cant get past it.
Central Market opened their first store here in Austin about the same time Whole Foods opened their first big store. Whole Foods took off and went national then international but Central Market never really went too far. I like their options better than Whole Foods.

I am so glad the governor finally did something..
Mask for everyone in public . ..
I was so tired of being the only one with a mask.
Do you really think that people are going to abide by this “mandate”? Especially if there is no teeth behind it and the high probability that local law enforcement won’t do anything to help enforce the mandate? Or local businesses? And with a Lt. Governor who is bat-#$@* crazy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter