TERRIBLE day at DCA for ride breakdowns

GoingSince1990

DIS Veteran
RSR, WS and Incredicoaster all down for hours. TSMM has some screens broken so a third of the vehicles not being used. And now the Incredicoaster LL line extends all the way back to TSMM as one track is not operating. We entered LL line 25 minutes ago and still look to be at least 20 minutes from getting to the ride entry.9B9C592E-142A-43A5-BAA1-24EE034B99A2.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm here aswell. I got an anytime pass as Monsters Inc was down.
Toy story was crazy earlier, standby was 120, but heard the cms say it was more like 140, I had lightning Lane, waited 20 mins after scanning. I watched the CM at the merge point, 6 from standby, then about 15 from lightning lane.

Single rider for Radiator Springs was down to the bridge, Little Mermaid was at 30 minutes.

It just seems to be very crowded and very hot and many people with Genie which is causing chaos with standby

DCA needs another major attraction because the park cannot handle the amount of ride downtime - especially when RSR goes down. Avengers E-ticket?

Plus, they need a good new big show at Hyperion that people want to see to fill that huge theater and absorb some of the crowd.

Just when I was thinking today (Thursday) was so much better…. on RSR the ride abruptly halted and we have been stuck in front of the waterfall for about 20 minutes. Looks like we are going to be evacuated from our cars.

Just when I was thinking today (Thursday) was so much better…. on RSR the ride abruptly halted and we have been stuck in front of the waterfall for about 20 minutes. Looks like we are going to be evacuated from our cars.
I got stuck in the paint shop this morning for 15 minutes, when we eventually got going , at the end when we went to the unloading they said we could stay on for a second go.

They need to start getting the engineers back…start paying a competitive salary.
I’ve heard so many reasons for all of the breakdowns…what you say above, not being able to get parts, cheaping out at many levels, etc. Unfortunately they have little incentive to improve things since people are still flocking to the parks.

I will see how my visit goes next week (looks like the weather is not cooperating either lol) and decide if we will be taking a break until they get their act together.

I’ve heard so many reasons for all of the breakdowns…what you say above, not being able to get parts, cheaping out at many levels, etc. Unfortunately they have little incentive to improve things since people are still flocking to the parks.

I will see how my visit goes next week (looks like the weather is not cooperating either lol) and decide if we will be taking a break until they get their act together.

Assuming the stories about Pirates of the Caribbean are true, the costume designer made two sets of every costume and then when there was fire or something, they were able to immediately swap in the second set. "Not being able to get parts" is a symptom of cheaping out in the first place. They know that the parts are eventually going to have to be replaced so they could have had some on hand rather than scramble when they actually break.

Of the 5 trips I've taken this year, 2 involved major disappointment (I could not do at least one of the things that I specifically went to the park to do), 2 involved minor disappointment (I could not do at least one major thing I wanted to do but this major thing wasn't the primary purpose of my trip), and one met expectations (breakdowns led to minor inconvenience but did not prohibit me from eventually doing what I planned to do).

Assuming the stories about Pirates of the Caribbean are true, the costume designer made two sets of every costume and then when there was fire or something, they were able to immediately swap in the second set. "Not being able to get parts" is a symptom of cheaping out in the first place. They know that the parts are eventually going to have to be replaced so they could have had some on hand rather than scramble when they actually break.

Of the 5 trips I've taken this year, 2 involved major disappointment (I could not do at least one of the things that I specifically went to the park to do), 2 involved minor disappointment (I could not do at least one major thing I wanted to do but this major thing wasn't the primary purpose of my trip), and one met expectations (breakdowns led to minor inconvenience but did not prohibit me from eventually doing what I planned to do).
This is a really great point.

As a “premier” destination, it should be forward , proactive thinking to meet guest expectations…

But now, it seems rather than being the leader in the corporate world for customer/employee satisfaction, the current officers have reverted to the usual decisions most Wall Street companies make.

Its a symptom of the wider issues facing our countries financial woes, short sighted decision making (usually tied to quarterly profits or election cycles.)

We are at DL now and it's been smooth sailing since we arrived at 1. I know BTMRR and Space were down earlier, but we've gotten on both. Maybe we should just stay over here...we were gonna park hop over to DCA.

We are at DL now and it's been smooth sailing since we arrived at 1. I know BTMRR and Space were down earlier, but we've gotten on both. Maybe we should just stay over here...we were gonna park hop over to DCA.
Stay in DL , rsr still down and its going to get busy over here as its a grad night reunion night, their tickets are valid from 5pm, the park closes at 8pm.

Stay in DL , rsr still down and its going to get busy over here as its a grad night reunion night, their tickets are valid from 5pm, the park closes at 8pm.
We went over to DCA around 6, got some Ghirardelli, rode Incredicoaster with a DAS return time, Inside Out, and Silly Swngs and called it a night. Kids had wanted GRR, but it was down and RSR was at 120 minutes and we didn't want to stay until 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter