*Teresa & Greg-7/1/12*Swan/Fultons/GF Marina-Epcot Character Fun-Updated*2/22*

Why are you skipping out on the reception now? I am just curious because part of me wants to skip it do to the cost of food and decor. I want to scale back from a formal reception because I feel like it will cost less....I may be wrong. One of my concerns though is I really want to do some pictures in my dress at different resorts and I would need to talk to randy about how to accomplish this feat....my original plan of doing the ceremony/reception then it being done by like 3 made it easy to ask if we could just go do pictures at resorts like the beach club and then the wilderness lodge. Now though I am just not sure what to do. Maybe he will do a separate session with us to do resort pictures on another day...

Anyway let me know why you strayed from the reception?

Teresa

I know we talked on facebook some yesterday, but just wanted to tell you on here too so you didnt think I missed it! We are skipping out due to budget reasons right now...we had to decide between reception or our honeymoon and we are selfish and decided honeymoon :rotfl: After the cake and champagne, etc. we are going to finish our pictures..go change to park clothes and head to EPCOT with all of our guests for the day :thumbsup2

When I was looking into reception venues I looked at both Whitehall and Marcoossees at the Grand Floridian. Both are places that you could do music and dancing. I think they both have around a $1,000-2000 minimum in food and drinks (which shouldn't be hard to meet). I forget your # of guests but whitehall room doesn't hold very many, maybe 50 tops? But they have this beautiful patio that is great for dancing. Have you looked into them? I think I still have pictures of both on my flickr album if you're interested.

When I was looking into reception venues I looked at both Whitehall and Marcoossees at the Grand Floridian. Both are places that you could do music and dancing. I think they both have around a $1,000-2000 minimum in food and drinks (which shouldn't be hard to meet). I forget your # of guests but whitehall room doesn't hold very many, maybe 50 tops? But they have this beautiful patio that is great for dancing. Have you looked into them? I think I still have pictures of both on my flickr album if you're interested.

Would you be able to book one of those rooms and wear your wedding dress and all that if you don't go through Disney's Fairtytale Weddings?

Teresa

Yep. :thumbsup2

The only place you can't wear your dress is the parks.

I don't think that is the case actually because I talked to Narcoossee's yesterday I called the number that the passporter book says to call to ask them about doing a brunch and they said that if I wore my dress and did anything that resembled a wedding it would have to go through DFTW and they would not organize something unless it went through DFTW.

sooo....I don't know

teresa

I don't think that is the case actually because I talked to Narcoossee's yesterday I called the number that the passporter book says to call to ask them about doing a brunch and they said that if I wore my dress and did anything that resembled a wedding it would have to go through DFTW and they would not organize something unless it went through DFTW.

sooo....I don't know

teresa

Interesting!! I could've sworn that Jo wore her dress to Citricos! Hmm. Well, since you actually spoke with them, I guess that's that.

Interesting!! I could've sworn that Jo wore her dress to Citricos! Hmm. Well, since you actually spoke with them, I guess that's that.

I determined something by talking to The Wave and Narcoossee's yesterday, any restaurant that is done by disney's catering department i think is limited to DFTW and this would be the case with Narcoossee's. Citrico's where Jo wore her dress is not run by Disney's Catering services and neither is The Wave. The Wave was more than willing to accommodate us and customize a menu for me. So with that I am not sure the whitehall room will allow it because I would assume it would be disney catering that would be doing the food.

Teresa

If you just book a regular ADR you can wear your dress, or a private space the DFTW does not use then you can wear your dress but if its a private event in a location that DFTW uses then you wouldn't be able to unless you met the Wishes minimums.

I determined something by talking to The Wave and Narcoossee's yesterday, any restaurant that is done by disney's catering department i think is limited to DFTW and this would be the case with Narcoossee's. Citrico's where Jo wore her dress is not run by Disney's Catering services and neither is The Wave. The Wave was more than willing to accommodate us and customize a menu for me. So with that I am not sure the whitehall room will allow it because I would assume it would be disney catering that would be doing the food.

Teresa

The Whitehall Room is a convention center location, so it has to be booked through Disney and if they know you are booking it for a wedding, they will send you to DFTW. Most restaurants where you book something during normal operating hours would not have to be booked through DFTW and you could wear wedding attire. The exception is California Grill, whose private rooms are booked through DFTW. You could always make a large group (regular) dining reservation, and wear your dress into the restaurant too (except for theme park locations).

Hey! I went to a friend's wedding at the S/D 3 weeks ago today. It was a small ceremony on the beach. They had their cake set up right there (on the concrete next to the beach) so we got to have cake and then they had a stereo set up and they did their dance (first dance and father/daughter, mother/son dances). So that could be an option too if you wanted.

Hmm. When I was looking into Narcoossees and contacted Disney catered events I mentioned to them that it was a vow renewal and they didn't seem to mind. Maybe if would have been different if I had said wedding? I even told them that we were renewing our vows at the Swan and wanted to do a meal after. I guess it all depends on who you talk to. In the end, that is why I chose to do a dinner with a restaurant not owned by Disney. It was annoying to deal with Disney catered events and get a different person and a different answer every time. I wanted the same contact person each time and I wanted that to be a person who knew what he/she was talking about.

Teresa sweetie
You would certainly have to go through DFTW to use any of the convention rooms or ballrooms. I can't speak for Narcossee's, as I have never spoken with them, but I am fairly certain that if you make a regular ADR at their restaurant, you can wear your dress.
In any restaurant (which is not in a theme park), you CAN absolutely wear your dress!!! No question - I have done it myself!!! Even restaurants where you utilize their private rooms (maybe not the rooms used by DFTW, but the others) have no problem with this!!! I was all set to use the private room at Citrico's until our party became too big!! You just book what you require through the usual channels. I was in regular contact (by e-mail) with the manager of Citrico's well before my booking window, and she actually made the reservation for me when my window opened up!!!
As regards photos around the resorts with Randy - no problem again. We had photos at BLT, Swan, Boardwalk and GF on our VR day and the Poly during our TTD session. A good way to accomplish this in a limited time, is to do a first look and do some photos before the ceremony. Know that you have every right to parade about in your dress in as many resorts as you like!!! Randy is well versed in all the rules, and very respectful of them. Anything he says is okay, is okay!!!!
The characters would probably have to be booked through your wedding planner (whoever this ends up being) and, if you ran with the Swan, would, therefore, have to appear at the pre-reception on site, as I doubt that any restaurant you use (unless booked through DFTW), would be able to arrange this. I may be wrong though (it wouldn't be the first time:thumbsup2).

Just checking in... I know Teresa has been working this quite feverously and I am thankful for that (I think I would pull my hair out making me prematurely bald if I had to do this).

But I also wanted to say thank you to each of you who have been helping us plan our wedding. I truly appreciate your assistance. Each of your insight is helping us to come up with the best wedding possible!!

Take care, Greg

Just checking in... I know Teresa has been working this quite feverously and I am thankful for that (I think I would pull my hair out making me prematurely bald if I had to do this).

But I also wanted to say thank you to each of you who have been helping us plan our wedding. I truly appreciate your assistance. Each of your insight is helping us to come up with the best wedding possible!!

Take care, Greg
Hi Greg! :wave2:

Wedding planning is making me prematurely bald! :rotfl: Teresa's really got her head in the game-- can't wait to see how magical your Big Day turns out!

Keep her sane and enjoy your week! ;)

In the lives of Teresa and Greg not much has been happening since the thanksgiving holidays. In the way of the wedding there is not much to report and there probably won't be until after our december trip. Here are the few things that have happened:

Greg and I decided to go with a Swan/Dolphin ceremony with a reception at Fulton's crab house.

We have a meeting set up with Diana from Just Marry the same day we meet with Marian from Fulton's.

Some of you have read about my concerns with not having Karen but Diana seems like she does not have as much on her plate and I feel like I may get more attention from her because of this which makes me kind of excited. I spoke to Diana over the holiday week and she is super excited about the peacock christmas theme we have going on. She loves my inspiration pictures and I really am excited to meet her next month.

I am making the theme of the wedding a peacock christmas because I think it is really pretty I am just going to have hints of vinylmation here and there and the same for star wars.

I am currently shopping for videography I am tempted to go with STVS for the price but I am getting swayed by Natalie's sneak peek to go with Trinity wedding. Anyone have any other suggestions?

In non wedding news:

Greg and I discussed the issue of children over the holidays. This is a big step for me because I have been not anti children for a long time but I just have not been sure how I feel about this. Greg really wants children he has a daughter from his previous marriage but he really wants the chance to have a family again. Can you blame the guy? I mean most guys tend to not be so big on the family thing or at least most of the ones I know it takes them a long time. So I feel very fortunate to have a fiance that wants children. I have actually had a change of heart and I have decided I really want to have kids and sooner than I had expected. We want to wait until after the wedding but probably not much longer after that.

With that we decided that the second bedroom of the apartment is going to be turned into the baby's room but for now it will be the study but we are calling it the baby's room. We went out to go baby stuff shopping to see how it would make us feel and we just kept getting more and more excited. We found lots of stuff we like and we bought our first baby blanket it has baby simba on it and it is white with brown edges.

Our first holiday together:
This thanksgiving was our first holiday together and he spent it down here with me and my family. This was very special to me and meant a lot. We had a great time and he even helped me and my grandfather make the dressing. I think we might have a few pictures some where. I had the whole week off this past week and it was really nice having all that time to spend with him. He still travels a lot for work and is at home 2 weeks out of the month and sometimes more than that. He is still mostly out of chicago for work which is where he lived when we met at Disney. He has since moved down here and is still moving.

We put up our two christmas trees and our lights the tuesday before thanksgiving. I need to take some pictures and put them up on here. We got lights for outside and i got a Snoopy with reindeer horns to put up. I love it! Greg is like the guy from National Lampoon's christmas vacation he is obsessed with lights. We put lights on windows so they shine thru and we got a small tree to put in the window. The cool thing about our christmas trees is they are Black and Purple. The black tree has multi colored lights and the purple tree has white lights.

The best part about christmas is that we picked an ornament this year and then we started a series at Hallmark. I work there part time so we started the new Pixar series which the first one is from UP which I know so many of you love. The ornament we picked is the one called Ode to Joy it is beaker from the muppets. When we were at WDW during our October/Engagement trip we bought two ornaments for our first tree one was the toy story alien with the sorcerer hat and the other is Wall-E and eve with christmas lights. Hooray for christmas decorating

Anticipation for our christmas trip:
We are getting excited for our Disney christmas trip it is only 24 days until we leave which is super exciting! Not much to share there just that I need to cancel our site visit with Disney. I am really looking forward to seeing all the resort decorations and especially the new decorations including stitch at the boardwalk resort.

Well I hope you guys have a great week and I hope you are participating in the christmas card exchange and secret santa!

Happy Holidays,
Teresa

PS: Greg just told me as I was writing this (which he didn't know I was doing and update) that he wrote on the PJ too today! Hooray I am so glad he finally got involved. Now you guys get to meet him! :hug::love::yay::woohoo::hug:

Hi Greg! :wave2:

Wedding planning is making me prematurely bald! :rotfl: Teresa's really got her head in the game-- can't wait to see how magical your Big Day turns out!

Keep her sane and enjoy your week! ;)

Well thank you. I will definitely do my best to keep Teresa sane!

Have a great week as well. I will try and comment here more often from now on.

Cheers. Greg

Well thank you. I will definitely do my best to keep Teresa sane!

Have a great week as well. I will try and comment here more often from now on.

Cheers. Greg

That is BEYOND sweet that you've come to say hi...

Wecome! We can't wait to hear more from you! :)

Take care, Greg

:wave2: Hi Greg its great to see a groom on here :goodvibes

Hello Teresa! Your PM made me laugh--- so look what I am doing! :D

-I’ve never been to Fulton’s! But the outside is pretty. I think it’s a good decision.
-The team from Just Marry just seems so awesome. The Swalphins definitely have a good thing going.
-How do you do a Christmas Peacock? I am intrigued!
-And I love that you are preparing for a baby already. ☺ Chris and I are certainly not having children, just dogs--- but I think it’s sweet that Greg wants more kids.
-That must be difficult having Greg travel so much! Chris and I have only spent a handful of days apart in the past six years!
-I am also kind of jealous you work at Hallmark! I LOVE all of their Disney quote plaques; and Chris LOVES anything and everything Snoopy.
-There’s a Stitch at the Boardwalk resort?! I need to google this!

Hello Teresa! Your PM made me laugh--- so look what I am doing! :D

-I’ve never been to Fulton’s! But the outside is pretty. I think it’s a good decision.
-The team from Just Marry just seems so awesome. The Swalphins definitely have a good thing going.
-How do you do a Christmas Peacock? I am intrigued!
-And I love that you are preparing for a baby already. ☺ Chris and I are certainly not having children, just dogs--- but I think it’s sweet that Greg wants more kids.
-That must be difficult having Greg travel so much! Chris and I have only spent a handful of days apart in the past six years!
-I am also kind of jealous you work at Hallmark! I LOVE all of their Disney quote plaques; and Chris LOVES anything and everything Snoopy.
-There’s a Stitch at the Boardwalk resort?! I need to google this!

Ok comment response time!

-Fulton's has really good food and I love the ambiance. Greg and I ate there our last day at disney in June when we met.
-haha i love it! We are Swalphins!
-christmas peacock is done like this
christmasdecor2.jpg

christmasdecor.jpg

feathercenterpiece.jpg

or something like that these are my brainstorming ideas
-thanks for the baby congrats we are pretty excited about it
-it is difficult with him traveling so much but we really work on the communication and we both have facetime on our iphones and skype so we try to do that as much as we can
-the plaques are awesome is there one you really like? and anything snoopy for chris?
-yep they have a stitch bakery and a stitch and donald display here is one picture and then the link to the article about the resort decorations
stitchboardwalk.jpg

http://www.disunplugged.com/2011/11/27/the-holidays-come-to-the-walt-disney-world-resorts-2/

I hope you enjoy the PJ I love my little PJ family!

Teresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter