Teppen Edo - kids are picky eaters

MooseBucks

Living the Dream
At Teppen Edo does each person need to order an entree? My kids won’t eat any entrees that they have there. I saw brown rice as a side on the menu but does anyone know if they have white rice and fried rice?

At Teppen Edo does each person need to order an entree? My kids won’t eat any entrees that they have there. I saw brown rice as a side on the menu but does anyone know if they have white rice and fried rice?

Can't answer the rice question, but I do know that everyone does NOT have to order an entree. My SIL and niece share an entree every time they go there.

Just curious. Do your kids not eat steak or grilled chicken? The proteins don't have much seasoning on them. You're given a bowl of sauce to dip them in. If they don't dip, it's just meat with maybe salt,pepper and garlic.

Can't answer the rice question, but I do know that everyone does NOT have to order an entree. My SIL and niece share an entree every time they go there.

Just curious. Do your kids not eat steak or grilled chicken? The proteins don't have much seasoning on them. You're given a bowl of sauce to dip them in. If they don't dip, it's just meat with maybe salt,pepper and garlic.

Thanks for the info! My oldest is hit or miss on chicken but would probably give it a try.

Yes they do have white steamed rice.

The kids wont eat plain chicken or steak? What kind of food do they normally eat?

Should you take another look at the menu at Disney's site you'll note that most all the entrees list white rice as part of the meal.
You can see pictures of it too if you go through the gallery of pictures.
HTH

Last edited:
I would skip this if my kid wouldn't eat anything there (for him he would eat the proteins but not veggies or rice/noodles). Hibachi is pretty easy to find outside of WDW, I wouldn't invest the time with bored littles who are only eating rice.

Breaded chicken, pizza, pasta, rice, vegetables. No steak for either and plain chicken only for my 5 yr old
Thats a tough one. They do like pasta...do you think they'll like the noodles at all? probably not eh? Personally if there's nothing they can eat, i'd be tempted to skip it. Although its worth trying. Its a nice place. I find the food better than the local hibachi in my hometown. And i've been to quite a bit of them. If you do go, maybe they can share a kids meal. One can eat the rice, the other the chicken. :teeth:

Much to my sons dismay they do not have fried rice at Teppen Edo. I hear about it every time we eat here because our local Japaneses hibachi restaurant does have fried rice. My son gets annoyed every time he hears the cast members here tell him fried rice is from China...They will do plain white rice. This is a family favorite restaurant for us and we have eaten here often.

Honestly unless you don't have a hibachi style restaurant at home, I'd skip Teppan Edo. We went and the food was ok and the chef was more boring than watching paint dry.

Honestly unless you don't have a hibachi style restaurant at home, I'd skip Teppan Edo. We went and the food was ok and the chef was more boring than watching paint dry.
Thanks we have them by us and our kids love them which is why we were thinking of going. We’re now going to pass and try somewhere else.

You can also just get the the vegis and rice if they wont eat any meat. I always found that my kids were more willing to try new foods while at WDW then they would have at home. We did a lot of buffets when they were younger and had them try a variety of foods and they actually found stuff they loved that they never would have tried at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter