Tent Camping Creativity

BaltarVK

Earning My Ears
Anybody have photos of when you only tent camped? I'm looking for some inspiration. I want to have two tents and also use a canopy on the paved portion just gotta figure out a way to anchor it. So if there is a thread with just tent pictures (saw the photo thread which seemed to be mostly campers) can I get a link? If not, I'd love to see a picture of yours!

Here is my Trip Report from April 2011. One poster here (Instacamper-that is, before he bought a popup) was planning a tent camping trip (in the summer no less) and asked me to take lots of tent setups during my visit. I obliged him with several:

ED's April 2011 Trip Report

Just flip through the pages.

They aren't fancy. If you have two tents you probably want a site in loop 2000. An EZ-Up type canopy can go on the end of the drive pavement nearest the coquina pad - most canopies are about 9-10' square and the drive is only 12' wide so you can still stake/guy line it out to the sides if need be.

Make sure to list your tent sizes on your ressie.

Bama ED

5 gallon buckets filled with water = 5*8= 40 LBS *4 - 160 total LBS holding it down.

st louis jayhawk, (Hi from down sou)
do you mean bucket weights instead or besides tent pegs? Or as canopy anchors?

I believe is is saying to use the buckets as the tie down points, instead of stakes.

I have scene the pole for pop up awnings inside the bucket.

I have seen a number of ways, but thinking filling with water the bungy or strap to the canpoy keeping it in place. Also seen the legs in teh buckets with material on fill in - sand / rocks or dirt. think the latter was a real make shift solution.

REI sells bags that can be filled with sand or anything heavy to secure in the not-so-good sites to secure. Do a search for snow stakes.

Tent camping, and creativity:

We tent, and our most necessary tent site accessories, besides various stake types with hammer, are lengths of parachute cord and some nature-colored (yep, I wanna blend in, :shamrock: matchy matchy!) tarps of diff sizes with grommets, and several pairs of these poles in different extend-able sizes:

http://www.cabelas.com/tent-accessories-cabelas-adjustable-height-tent-poles-2.shtml

With these things, we can make cool and comfy on any site, in any weather. They have turned out to be so much more neccessary to family togetherness than this camping kitchen I thought we had to have, that Chip, Dale and Co :stitch2:had a heydey with! (even though I kept most food in the car, and we never were far from the site!)
http://www.cabelas.com/camp-kitchens-cabelas-deluxe-campers-kitchen-1.shtml

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter