Tendering in Cabo San Lucas

Tikibear

There’s no losin’ when you’re cruisin’
Is Cabo a tendering port? How accessible is it for someone with limited mobility?

Yes, Cabo is a tendering port. We did it with my mom who has limited mobility. When we did it, we had to go down a flight of stairs to the tender platform on the ship. There was a big step to get onto the rocking boat - they do have a couple people there to help with the step and steady you as you go. I remember another big step in the boat. So if there is an issue in being able to go up or down the flight of steps, that's the biggest challenge I remember. (Coming back, we just made sure we were the last ones off the tender so we wouldn't block anyone with her slow climb up the stairs.)

We've done Cabo twice and we had some choppy seas one time. If it wasn't for those guys helping, I might have ended up in the drink. :) I don't have what I would call mobility issues, but I am short and fat and kind of slow on stairs. I was fine on the metal stairs down, usually am as long as there's a handrail. For the big step to the tender, thank goodness for them. The tender was moving up and down quite a bit and they had to do a fast grab to get me across. I'm not sure if I just misjudged the distance or what. No one said anything and just carried on as usual so maybe they were having to help everyone that day, but I was glad they were there.
The other time we were in Cabo was beautifully calm water and the transfer was no problem at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter