Tender Boats w Special Needs

katmigordon

DIS Veteran
We want to do an excursion in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, but don't know if that will require a tender.
If it does, an issue with my knees might make it hard for me to take the large step down I read about on the boat... are there any methods in place to help those with special needs?

I would just suggest making sure you read the "things you should know about" sections of the excursion descriptions. In general, they will do a pretty good job of explaining whether or not the excursion should work for you. s far as tender go...Puerto Vallarta itself isn't a tender port from the ship, but perhaps you're looking at a particular excursion that is? Seems to me that I've seen some tender boats that are more handicap accessible (i.e. roll-on ramps), so if you can't find sufficient info in the descriptions of the excursion, I would call to inquire further.

I would just suggest making sure you read the "things you should know about" sections of the excursion descriptions. In general, they will do a pretty good job of explaining whether or not the excursion should work for you. s far as tender go...Puerto Vallarta itself isn't a tender port from the ship, but perhaps you're looking at a particular excursion that is? Seems to me that I've seen some tender boats that are more handicap accessible (i.e. roll-on ramps), so if you can't find sufficient info in the descriptions of the excursion, I would call to inquire further.

Thanks for the info =)
My guess is that we won't need to tender at all if we don't have to do so to get off the boat.
We're doing the cooking class.

Generally, if there's a tender (small boat from ship to shore when no docking is available), it's really up to the person to determine if they are able to transfer from the ship's landing deck to the tender and out of the tender to the dock onshore.

Most cruise lines don't like having their crew "help" people due to legal issues if there were a problem.

This is a shot of the landing deck/tender access in Cabo. Every time we've been to Puerto Vallarta we've been docked, no tender.

Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan are docked at port, Cabo San Lucas is a tender. I have very bad knees and hips and have been fine getting into the tender boat. There are lots of railings and men to help you get in safely.

Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan are docked at port, Cabo San Lucas is a tender. I have very bad knees and hips and have been fine getting into the tender boat. There are lots of railings and men to help you get in safely.

Thank you so much for this, it's good to hear from someone with direct knowledge. =)
I have a weird condition with my joints where if I put pressure on them wrong, they dislocate, it was bad enough I did it once just holding a child on my lap so I have to be worried about silly stuff like this, and I end up feeling like a freak.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter