• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

Just tried my first 1:00 practice. I was able to get through many times. When it stopped letting me, I checked time.gov, and it was 1:01:23

Today was finally our HS day and DH and I were both on our phones at 6:58. We both opened the app to log on and watched the seconds hand on his apple watch. Right at 7 I clicked but my page was stuck on loading so I panicked..and looked over on DH’s screen and he had gotten boarding group 2! I had practiced before, he hadn’t but I guess he was faster and also could be the reason why my screen was stuck. We were both logged on to our separate accounts. The ride was AMAZING!! Also the queue at 1 was open for a longer time - definitely wasn’t gone in seconds. Good luck to everybody!

Today was finally our HS day and DH and I were both on our phones at 6:58. We both opened the app to log on and watched the seconds hand on his apple watch. Right at 7 I clicked but my page was stuck on loading so I panicked..and looked over on DH’s screen and he had gotten boarding group 2! I had practiced before, he hadn’t but I guess he was faster and also could be the reason why my screen was stuck. We were both logged on to our separate accounts. The ride was AMAZING!! Also the queue at 1 was open for a longer time - definitely wasn’t gone in seconds. Good luck to everybody!

We had 7 of us trying this morning. Once one got in, the rest if us got an error message.

The Atomic Clock & Watch Accuracy Tool on Google Play gives you the option to play an audible tone when it is about to strike the next minute. I am going to use this next year. It makes 5 beeps before changing to the next minute on the 6th long beep. (beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beeeeep.) Open the app, leave it open in the background with the audible option turned on, and count the beeps. As soon as you hear the long beep hit join, join, join.

Last edited:

We're stuck in line. At least it's inside. It stopped, started moving and stopped again. We're all sitting on the ground at this point. Have a 12:10 reservation for lunch so getting worried. We're group 24 and got in line at about 10:40.

It's 1:06 and I could still join the VQ while practicing from home. That has to be a record?

It's 1:06 and I could still join the VQ while practicing from home. That has to be a record?

The ride capacity was increased to full capacity yesterday, instead of 10 from mixed parties, as it was on Friday. We rode both days.

Capacity increases allows more to ride each time and more boarding groups. Yay!

The ride capacity was increased to full capacity yesterday, instead of 10 from mixed parties, as it was on Friday. We rode both days.

Capacity increases allows more to ride each time and more boarding groups. Yay!
Clearly! It will be interesting to see if the 1:00 continues to be open so long. It would be great news if it did!

A couple of days ago it was open until 1:12 when I was checking. Today I only went through once, my sons baseball game started at 1:00.

After many months of prepping and practicing, including a one year hiatus between our cancelled 2020 trip and this year’s, and having to relearn how to practice from home, today was the real day. And DS got us BG 31!!! I’ll admit, since he hit the first join button before I did, I sort of slowed down knowing he was ahead of me and I kind of wanted him to have the thrill of landing us with the BG. But then I had a moment of panic as, after he got the final join button, he said he just kept hitting blue buttons (I have taught him well) and we didn’t really see anything that had our BG number on it. I found it by going into “Virtual Queues” and saw the number finally. Thank goodness.

I’ll try to grab some screen shots when we try again on Wednesday!

Just wanted to post back now that we are at the end of our trip and say thank you to everyone for all the tips and tricks!

We practiced for months and it was smooth sailing the two mornings we got the boarding passes. We pulled up the world clock on DS’s phone and then myself, DH and DD all tried. I ended up being the one that got it both times. I hit join 3x real fast from the AT-AT’s right as the clock changed from 6:59:59 to :00

Last week we got BG 55 which was called at 12:30 and yesterday we got BG 12 which was called at 9.

I was pretty confident we’d get it since our success rate was so high when practicing but I was still a nervous wreck!

Last edited:
Just got back a few days ago. Got BG 24/16/34. Only 3 times we tried. While I’m sure I’m quick on the app is staying on property/AP/DVC factors? Each time it was just me. Spoke to someone in an Air BNB talking about their whole family using 6 devices all failing on multiple days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter