Tell me the "weather" where you live.

Change in view for a while.

It's a little chilly here, but still 20 degrees warmer than home. (It was 70 on Saturday when we arrived.) Supposed to be sunny the next few days.

20210105_104828_copy_2016x1134.jpg

View from my "office" window this month. Overcast right now with a chance for rain later.

20210105_104807_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

We are in Hubert, NC for the month.

Not really your snowbird hotbed, but close to Camp Lejune and our friends who are full timers now. Our friend's son retires from the Marines after 20 years, this Friday. The weather here in January is typically about 20 degrees warmer than home, so we decided to come down here for the month and check out the area. The campground is mostly full timers and has a pretty cheap monthly rate. My wife and I are working remotely until at least June, so no issues there. I didn't even tell my boss I was coming down. A few on my team know, but that's it at work. I'll see if any one notices. :)

My wife works from the dining table and I am set up in the mid bunk (one advantage of having a big camper and 2 bedrooms)

20210105_123251_copy_2304x1296.jpg

My office.

20210105_123115_copy_2304x1296.jpg

20210105_123205_copy_2304x1296.jpg

j

Last edited:

@Teamubr
I gotta laugh Jim! My wife has been spread out on the dining room table since March. When our daughter came to visit in Dec. she moved her "office" out into the bus. Her desk looks just like the one your wife is using! Haven't seen her during working hours since. There are times when it's advantageous to have a house within a house!

That's a great set-up. Enjoy your time. Sadly, DW and I are both entirely landlocked with our work so, even after the kids are grown, months away is still way down the road for us!

Chilly-61 and sunny.
I had to laugh at the weather people on the news here. This morning he was saying it was going to be really chilly today, with a high of... 50. :lmao:

He was giving the current weather (about 7am) when he said the wind chill was a "frigid" 33 degrees. I started laughing. 33 at home in January is a "warm" day.

j

We are in Hubert, NC for the month.

Jim, what are you and DW using for your broadband connection for work? Does the campground have cabled internet connection? Working WIFI? And have you noticed any time-of-day issues with connections (good connection at some times, worse at other times)?

Good plan you got there!

Ed

Jim, what are you and DW using for your broadband connection for work? Does the campground have cabled internet connection?
Ed,

All the sites here are pre-wired for Spectrum cable. We are on a cable modem like I had at home until a few weeks ago when I jumped to ATT fiber. We have 200mg service here (had 400 at home). It has been fine. But Ian isn't here streaming YouTube and everything else either.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter