• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about the Radisson shuttle service, please!

Enna

This space for rent.<br><font color=red>So where's
We have ressies at the Radisson for debarkation day (will be staying in Orlando prior to embarkation).

The staff at the Radisson told me that we could park at the hotel and use the shuttle as long as we have a reservation for before OR after our cruise.

Has anyone ever had a problem with using the shuttle with only a post-cruise room reservation?

Do I need to call in advance to schedule our shuttle service, or does it run fairly continuously?

How does the Radisson deal with the luggage? Does it go on the same shuttle, or is it on a different luggage vehicle?

Any real-life experience appreciated!

Well, I was not impressed with this service at all. IMO it is very unorganized & unless you are assertive you will be left until later shuttles even if you arrive first. We called months ahead & were confirmed for the first shuttle that morning at 10 am. We were outside in front of the Raddison at 9:20 am. Others started to show up & sat & waited. One shuttle drove up around 9:40 but noone from the hotel came outside. The waiting area was starting to fill up with people & luggage. When the hotel rep came outside with a clipboard he just started checking people off who were near the door. I had to leave the kids with our friend to walk thru people & get to the employee to get our name assigned to the first shuttle. The luggage is loaded into a trailer that is attached. We were left to help load it up while getting the kids onboard. We will never go thru that again!

IMO they need to have a rep outside at 9:30 if the first shuttle is at 10 am so that people who have heard bad stories about how it runs can sign in in the order they arrive. They could then put their bags on the curb in one grouping for each shuttle to prevent having to drag everything thru the crowd of people who are trying to get their families on the next shuttle.

We stayed at the Radisson prior to our DCL Eastern 7 day in Feb 2006. Make sure you call a few weeks in advance for a shuttle reservation. We also signed in for the shuttle that Sat. morning outside the front lobby. The shuttle takes you, your party and all of your luggage in the same van or bus. They drive you straight to the DCL Terminal and then unload your luggage directly to the DCL people at the terminal. Make sure you are carrying everything you wanted to bring aboard. My cooler accidently got put in the back of the shuttle and therefore got loaded directly onto the boat. I thought I would never see it again since it wasn't Disney labeled, but there it was outside my stateroom a few hours later!

We tipped the shuttle driver about $1/bag and were pleased with the service.

Is this new unloading your bags so you don't see them?
We were last there in June 2004 and that was not the case. That does give you one less thing to worry about.
The last time the shuttle was much more organized. You had a time and that was that.
The time before was awful.
People fighting, cutting in line, pushing their way on. I hope it has not reverted to that again.

We used the shuttle service last Sept. and had no problems. We are planning to do the same again next year. I sent an email to the Radisson and we were given a 10:30 shuttle time.

BethA said:
Is this new unloading your bags so you don't see them?
We were last there in June 2004 and that was not the case. That does give you one less thing to worry about.
The last time the shuttle was much more organized. You had a time and that was that.
The time before was awful.
People fighting, cutting in line, pushing their way on. I hope it has not reverted to that again.

We boarded on 12/10/05. I complained to the online comment link. Perhaps they have started paying more attention to how it is run since? Others must have complained as well.

Sorry to hear of your troubles Lisa, we used the Radisson shuttle in August 2003 and August 2004 without any problems at all. We will be using it again for our group of 12 this coming May, we are booked for the 10am shuttle. :woohoo:

We used the shuttle in October '04 and '05. While it wasn't the best organized operation I have ever seen, I thought it went well. We plan to use it again this October.
Allen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter