Tell me about some soups...

My DH and I really love the New England clam chowder at the Rainforest Cafe. We also tried the BLT soup at the SciFi {minus the lettuce} and really liked the flavor.

The butternut squash soup with red pepper swirl from Wolfgang Puck is fabulous! I can't wait to taste it next week even though it will be 90+ degrees! Also dying for the strawberry soup at 1900 park fare~YUM!!!!

It's not technically soup, but the stewed mushrooms at Rose and Crown are the most insanely rich and delicious version of cream of mushroom soup you'll ever have. R&C is going to be my first stop when I hit WDW this fall - a nice tall tepid Guiness and stewed mushrooms . . . . . :love: !

I have to say, it's the most unfortunately NAMED food in the parks. Stewed mushrooms - sounds like Hobbit food . . .

KC :sunny:

Another vote for the seafood chowder at kona, the lobster bisque at Coral Reef and I know Crystal Palace changes but almost all the soups we have had there are good. I especially like the vegetable beef barley and last time they had some kind of chicken corn chowder.

bluejasmine said:
Does anyone know how the Lobster Bisque is at Coral Reef? Im thinking of getting this on the 26th(that or the calimari rings)

So far my fave has been the Cheddar Cheese Soup at Le Cellier.

Now I havent got to try it but that Frech Onion Soup at the French Restaurant looked to die for!

We LOVE the Lobster bisque at Coral Reef, get it every trip! Also love the soups at Boma, and had a great seafood stew at Spoodles!

bluejasmine said:
Now I havent got to try it but that Frech Onion Soup at the French Restaurant looked to die for!

Yes it does! We ate there for dinner on our last trip and LOVED it. I missed out on the soup (got the cheese sampler instead). We're going for lunch on our next trip and I will DEFINITELY be trying the french onion soup! :love: Looks delicious!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the squash soup at Wolfgang Pucks! It's orange and has a red pepper swirl that just adds a little pop! They have it at the regular restaurant and at the express.

KCMiller said:
It's not technically soup, but the stewed mushrooms at Rose and Crown are the most insanely rich and delicious version of cream of mushroom soup you'll ever have. R&C is going to be my first stop when I hit WDW this fall - a nice tall tepid Guiness and stewed mushrooms . . . . . :love: !

I have to say, it's the most unfortunately NAMED food in the parks. Stewed mushrooms - sounds like Hobbit food . . .

KC :sunny:

The previous R & C menu called it 'Mushroom Medley", which I thought was MUCH more appropriate!
Unfortunately, the chef has taken to dumping the pepper shaker into it- so I'm now opting for the Lamb Barley soup- which is really yummy! I do that and a Stilton salad, and that's my meal....

The onion soup at Le Chefs de France is wonderful also! I used to hate onion soup because it seemed that everyone added too much salt to the pot! Well, Chefs does it right- because the only thing that I leave behind when I order that is the bread!

And I must admit that I love the Le Cellier beer/cheese soup....... with Pretzel bread for dunking!! That and a salad (again) is enough for me.

At Coral Reef- it's salad and Lobster Bisque (which they're now calling Cream of Lobster soup) or Calamari and Bisque 'er cream of Lobster soup.

And the Smokey Portobello Mushroom Soup at Artist Point.......

The Clam Chowder at Columbia Harbor House or Liberty Tree Tavern (although Blue Bayou chowder is SO much better) is a meal too.

Enjoy.......

Narcoosee's butternut squash soup. It has crab meat in it and red pepper (as I remember it, it now says minced chives on the allearsnet menu).

BTW, if you are a butternut squash soup fan, Imagine (in the Natural Foods Section) makes a fantastic butternut squash soup. We had it for dinner tonight. Sometimes I add a can of crab and some chili paste......

My favorite was the BLT soup at the SciFi Dine In..... yummy!!
Catrin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter