Tell me about Olive Garden!

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by 1andrea, Nov 12, 2018.

1. CogsworthTN

CogsworthTN Earning my ears: Disney Mom of 2

Cheesecake Factory has a huge menu, infact it is spiral bound. With that being said the variety of choices are over the top. Every type of food is on the menu. No one should have difficulty finding an item to order. The portions are large, but a few menu items come in half portions. We try to order something different whenever we visit. Everything has been great so far from the many pastas, fish tacos, burgers, fish and chips, salads, etc...

And the many different amazing cheesecakes for dessert just top it off. :lovestruc

2. BadPinkTink

BadPinkTink DIS Veteran

Cheesecake factory is a chain restaurant. It would be similar to TGI Friday's and Hard Rock Cafe. The food would be American, pastas, chicken, beef, vegetarian, burgers, wraps, salads. The portions are large. They specialize in cheesecake and you can just go in and get a take away slice of cheesecake if you don't want a full sit down meal. They have a large range of cheesecakes and all are available to take away. You can even go for a sit down meal and get you dessert / cheesecake to take away. It' a mid price chain, popular with families, and the food is decent and with an extensive range of options.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. 1andrea

1andrea DIS Veteran

Cheesecake Factory is great! We’ve been about 40 times and only ever had one bad meal there.

The bread is yummy and the salted caramel cheesecake is amazing xx

5. 1andrea

1andrea DIS Veteran

Thank you! I’d never considered Carabbas, I’ll take a look at the menu, thanks xx

CogsworthTN likes this.
  6. 1andrea

1andrea DIS Veteran

That’s awful and it really has put me off now. So sorry you missed eating at the castle and BBB X

7. mrjcuk

mrjcuk Earning My Ears

We LOVE Olive Garden. I’m sure there are better places but for us it’s part of our holiday - we always go on the first and last nights that we stay on I-Drive and get a Shake Shack on the way back to the hotel!

The portions are pretty big, food is good, service is good and the breadsticks are amazing!

8. Tony Toon

Tony Toon DIS Veteran

While we have visited a couple of times in the past, it's not one that has made our list of regular places to eat. The food was only just OK and I always objected to what I felt was servers pushing wine when it's quite obvious that everyone must have driven - perhaps they no longer do this though. We prefer Carrabbas (for the bread and herbs alone) if we're looking for Italian down Formosa Gardens way.

Mrs TT

Jon84 likes this.
  9. Jon84

Jon84 wdwaddictuk

They've always pushed wine when I've been too. The money is clearly made on that!

10. disneyholic family

disneyholic family disney on my mind....

we enjoy olive garden..
    i've never been in orlando..
    we've gone to the one in manhattan, one in houston (when we were at MD Anderson), and one in suburban detroit..

all three were absolutely identical, so i assume the one near WDW is the same..

we enjoyed the bottomless salad - i can eat my weight in salad, so that's always fun..
    and i can't remember what pasta i had, but it was fine...for some reason i thought it was also unlimited, but maybe i'm wrong?

anyway, we enjoy it....it's not gourmet, far from it...but we find it to be a decent meal...

11. LadyBeBop

LadyBeBop DIS Veteran

There are very slight variances, but that's because of different chefs preparing the meals. Other than that, all Olive Gardens are basically the same.

I'm in the minority, but I think Olive Garden is better than Carrabbas. Tastier food, larger portions and less expensive.

At least once a year (can't remember if it's once or twice a year), they run an all-you-can-eat pasta special. Used to get it all the time. But when you reach my age, one serving is too much.

Right now, OG is running a special; buy one meal, and buy a carry-out meal for $5 (certain meals only; not lasagna....I think spaghetti and meat balls and fettuccine alfredo are on the list of carry-out meals). That's a good deal if your unit has a refrigerator and microwave.