Tell me about Jellyrolls :)

funhouse8

<font color=teal>How can you invest so much money
My DH and I will be in the world alone. :cool1: I thought this might be a fun nightspot/ What do you think? We have been to PI before and being we are staying at the BCV I thought this would be a perfect way to end our day at MGM.

We love it. It's a duelling piano format with 2 performers on stage at any time. Most of them have encyclopedic knowledge of pop tunes and their lyrics. The crowd is all 21 or over and the tunes are played by request. This can be both good and bad. Catch a night with a hip crowd and you'll likely have a great time with great musical selections. If it's a Lawerence Welk crowd, not so much. It had a $10 cover last time we were there, it's NOT non-smoking, so take that into consideration.

Bill From PA

As Bill said, a fun place. But I generally can only take about 30 minutes before I have to leave due to the smoke.

It's a shame about the 'smokey' atmosphere. We're trying here on our trip in April, but like the above poster said, I don't deal great with smoke, so I'm not sure how long I'll last! Is this the only place on Disney property which still allows smoking indoors?

Is this the only place on Disney property which still allows smoking indoors?

The only other smoking venue I know of at WDW not only allows it, it encourages it. There's a Sosa's cigar bar near Raglan Road at PI where one can enjoy a drink and a stogie, which takes care of my only two vices in one place. I'm told that Bongos has an outdoor cigar friendly deck, but I can't verify that. JellyRolls doesn't always have an inversion layer smog hanging over the crowd, but it's best to be prepared.

Bill From PA

The "A" team that performs there is very, very good. The highlight is the renowned performance of the Muppet's Rainbow Connection. Hysterical.

As noted, a lot has to do with the crown there that night. I believe its Tuesdays that is the night the cast members hang out there as admission is free or discounted to them that night. That's a good choice of nights to go. Its busy - but rollicking:cool1:

One hint - I suggest you put a couple of songs in their bucket, you will feel more involved seeing them work out the song YOU requested.

I recommend it - for adults - its something fun to experience. I don't smoke and I didn't mind it, but some may. If you do smoke - add 2 stars to the rating :woohoo:

We had a blast there on our last trip. The cover has to be paid with cash - no credit/debit/room keys. If the crowd is right, you'll have a good time. We prefer it over PI any night (we're in our early 30's).

If anyone goes in JULY and they have STOPPED the smoking PLEASE pm me! I REALLY want to do this, but my asthmatic lungs and smoke do not get along!

JR's is a must do for my group. We fit it in as a group at least once each trip. One member of our group can be found there at any given moment...I'm surprised they don't charge her rent.
But, it is a fun place. The singers/pianists are terrific and very talented. It can be smokey though. It's not as bad as some spots I've been in. I do feel badly for the guys singing though. That smoke is not good for the voice..can't imagine how they deal with it. I know that when I get back to my room I have to bag up the clothes I was wearing and either wash them right away, or tie the bag shut so the smell doesn't escape. I also take a decongestant before heading over...I'm allergic to smoke, but heaven forbid my friends have a good time without me.

JR's is a must do for my group. We fit it in as a group at least once each trip. One member of our group can be found there at any given moment...I'm surprised they don't charge her rent.

That would be me that Diane is talking about. Funny should should mention that they don't charge me rent. One of the piano players joked that they were going to time share me out a table, and another calls me a shareholder in the bar. And yet another thought I was a local because I'm there so much, but I live 1100 miles away.

Anyways, Jellyrolls is a great place to spend a night. The piano players are fantastic (if you see Scotty, Ray, Mike, or Michael, tell them that Karen from Boston sent you). They really work well together, and all of them are immensely talented.

The piano player who sings Rainbow Connection is Scotty--the tall guy with glasses in my signature picture. He normally plays with Ray and they do a fantastic job together. They just really play well off each other. They are my favorites.

Doors open at 7:00 and pianos start at 8:00. The first hour or two is relatively quiet, but it picks up between 9:30 and 10:00 (I think a lot of people head over after Illuminations). I like the feel of the first hour, when the piano players are very chatty with the crowd, and you can just shout out requests. They'll slower songs that you might not hear later in the evening when the crowd is bigger.

Tuesday nights are usually the busiest, as a lot of cast members go that night. It tends to be a younger and rowdier crowd. Friday and Saturday nights are the next crowded, followed by Wednesday and Thursdays. Sundays and Mondays are usually pretty quiet.

Definitely try to put a few requests on the piano. It is a lot more fun when they are playing the songs you know. Most people tip a buck or two a song, but if you want something played quicker, it helps to put down a bigger tip (one of the piano players calls a $20 the Jellyrolls fast pass).

They do not serve food at Jellyrolls (although they do have popcorn there).

Just be warned that Jellyrolls is addicting. I've been accused of making many folks addicted to the bar :)

If you have any questions, just let me know :)

Oops, busted!!! How did I know Karen was going to find this thread!!!! You headed there next month??

She even has a fan that says "We (heart) Jellyrolls"!

47b7cc30b3127cceb1938776436a00000026100AasWbhk1cOGLg

Here is the Rainbow Connection being done by "Kermit"
47b7cc30b3127cceb193a69c030800000026100AasWbhk1cOGLg

Love it, love it, love it!!

I haven't realy noticed the smoke- maybe it has gotten worse since I was there last - we try to make it there each trip!

OK. Now I know we must go. We went to a Dueling piano bar in Las Vegas at the NY NY and it was wonderful. I can't wait to try this out. I hate the smoke but if the bar is worth it:cool1:

We absolutely loved it. My DH and I went on our "parents only" trip in July. We got there early and stayed for hours. We must have been very lucky. I am really sensitive to smoke and I wasn't bothered by the smoke at all. Do take a some dollar bills with you to tip the guys when you request a song. It isn't required but it seems that everyone does tip for a request. They seemed to know every song that was requested. I have to say that is was probably the most fun night of our trip. I would love to go again.

Jellyrolls is an absolute riot We try to stop at least once,usually twice. I tell my wife she starts to look like a stalker if you go more than that. The smoke is bad, but if you sit up front at least no one can smoke all around you. Be prepared to at least look like your singing. The piano men have been known to stop and point you out if you don't. I believe they have also confiscated cell phones if your caught talking while they play.

Remember singing hard makes you thirsty and the drinks are not cheap. We have racked up some pretty amazing bar bills in 4-5 hours.:rotfl2: :stir: :rockband: :drinking1

Dh & I loved JellyRolls!! The piano players were great...my favorite was "Sweet Caroline......." They make fun of this song.....:lmao:

Any Hoo....we sat at a table near the back up against the wall and I didn't notice the smoke near as bad as down in the "pit"......but you have to try it at least once!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter