Teenage Tour Group Nudity at ASMo Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkycrzy1971

DIS Veteran
Did anyone else experience the young (appearing to be 14-15 year old), teenage girl tour groups from Brazil and/or paraguay on the evening of July 11th at the All-Star Movies Fantasia Pool?? They LOUDLY walked in LARGE groups (blocking the sidewalks to other guests) in their thong bathing suits to the Fantasia Pool around 5pm...then decided that it would be funny to REPEATEDLY rip off each others bikini tops for at least the next hour!! Now, I'm no prude, by any means...our 18 & 14 year old daughters wear short-shorts, bikinis, etc... but this was bizarre behavior!! It very well may be ok, or acceptable in the country in which they live, but it is not ok in the USA. Additionally, our 6 year old son did not really need to experience this AT DISNEY WORLD of all places! Not to mention how uncomfortable this made our 14 year old daughter...I mean, SERIOUSLY! One would have thought the lifeguards would have done something to stop this, but somehow, they turned a blind eye to it, much to my dismay! We tried to avoid this by going the quiet pool, but it too was over-ran with the same group and same troubles...with no life-guards, causing their behavior to be somewhat worse!

I am sorry, but WDW really needs to get a handle on the behavior of ANY and ALL group visiting their resorts...American, Asian, Japanese, Latino, or what have you...NOT just the Latinos. Fortunately, we did not have too much other trouble other than a few groups refusing to share the sidewalks/walkways...much to their surprise, I refused to allow them to push me or my family off our side of the walkway and just plowed right through them. Then we had the occasional flag in our face, group sitting in the middle of a main walkway (again, I just plowed through), and 1 or 2 whistle blowers.

HOWEVER, on a more positive note...we were told there were 64,000 kids in WDW that were part of a tour group the 2 days were were there. With that being said, MOST were well behaved and did appear to have manners...I guess it could have been much worse!

Yes, it was reported to management (with no results) :confused3 and the life guards WERE male :laughing: I DID write customer relations as soon as we returned home...received a call and compensation for our stay. Oh, and NO, there were no chaperones anywhere to be found...trust me! I bet we only seen maybe 4 in the 2 days we were there (and they were in their own little world not paying attention to or caring what the kids did). HOWEVER, that is not the point...the point is WHY is this tolerated by WDW and WHY do these kids think it is "cute" or "ok" to do these things at the expense of other guests. We would have liked to have enjoyed our evening at the pool before dinner too...without having to explain to our 6 year old son why these girls felt it was ok to tear each others suits off (and our poor 14 year old daughter was SO embarrassed!!). :sad2:

Did anyone else experience the young (appearing to be 14-15 year old), teenage girl tour groups from Brazil and/or paraguay on the evening of July 11th at the All-Star Movies Fantasia Pool?? They LOUDLY walked in LARGE groups (blocking the sidewalks to other guests) in their thong bathing suits to the Fantasia Pool around 5pm...then decided that it would be funny to REPEATEDLY rip off each others bikini tops for at least the next hour!! Now, I'm no prude, by any means...our 18 & 14 year old daughters wear short-shorts, bikinis, etc... but this was bizarre behavior!! It very well may be ok, or acceptable in the country in which they live, but it is not ok in the USA. Additionally, our 6 year old son did not really need to experience this AT DISNEY WORLD of all places! Not to mention how uncomfortable this made our 14 year old daughter...I mean, SERIOUSLY! One would have thought the lifeguards would have done something to stop this, but somehow, they turned a blind eye to it, much to my dismay! We tried to avoid this by going the quiet pool, but it too was over-ran with the same group and same troubles...with no life-guards, causing their behavior to be somewhat worse!

I am sorry, but WDW really needs to get a handle on the behavior of ANY and ALL group visiting their resorts...American, Asian, Japanese, Latino, or what have you...NOT just the Latinos. Fortunately, we did not have too much other trouble other than a few groups refusing to share the sidewalks/walkways...much to their surprise, I refused to allow them to push me or my family off our side of the walkway and just plowed right through them. Then we had the occasional flag in our face, group sitting in the middle of a main walkway (again, I just plowed through), and 1 or 2 whistle blowers.

HOWEVER, on a more positive note...we were told there were 64,000 kids in WDW that were part of a tour group the 2 days were were there. With that being said, MOST were well behaved and did appear to have manners...I guess it could have been much worse!

Please, please, please write a letter to WDW. They aren't going to know about it if you don't. If the lifeguards didn't address it then, they certainly aren't going to report it! I have heard stories in the past about women from other cultures taking their tops off at the pool. In those stories, WDW always addressed the issue immediately. I am hoping that WDW won't be slipping in this area, too!

Edited to say that I see you did write a letter. Good for you! We must have been posting at the same time...

If you people did complain and it was taken care of then the managers of the area need to be reprimanded now! This can include days off without pay as well as a fine. This is Disney and is supposed to represent a family resort, where leud behavior that is offensive to American culture. If you want to go topless or wear thongs, stay in the Caribean, not at WDW!!!:surfweb:

I'm assuming they were male life guards :)

J

I know you were just making a joke there, but...not cool.

We're talking possibly underage girls here (the OP mentioned ages 14-15). Male lifeguards or not, this was just plain wrong and whoever was in charge should have stepped in immediately. If the lifeguards did not report it or do anything about, they should be let go. Moreover, IMO, the guests should have been asked to leave the park. While this may seem harsh, in today's environment, and given the location, there should be a zero-tolerance policy for this sort of thing.

I know you were just making a joke there, but...not cool.

We're talking possibly underage girls here (the OP mentioned ages 14-15)
. Male lifeguards or not, this was just plain wrong and whoever was in charge should have stepped in immediately. If the lifeguards did not report it or do anything about, they should be let go. Moreover, IMO, the guests should have been asked to leave the park. While this may seem harsh, in today's environment, and given the location, there should be a zero-tolerance policy for this sort of thing.

Yes, I am sure they were all under the age of 18...my poor husband was terrified he would somehow be arrested (but it didn't keep him from sneaking in a peak or two) :rotfl2:

When I spoke with the customer relations representative (friday afternoon) that called me in response to my email, she said she would make note of the resort AND the fact that the situation did not get handled right away (despite being reported)...she told me the appropriate authorities would be notified and disciplinary action would be taken, especially since I could give her the exact day and time of the incident. Let's just hope that something DOES happen (discipline wise) so that maybe, just maybe, next time the lifeguards will jump into action and stop such non-sense!

Ugh, this is disgusting. I'm sorry, but when Americans go to another country we are expected to conform to their socieital rules, people who visit from other countries should be expected to do the same. It is not acceptable for 14-15 year old girls to be nude in public, and I absolutely would have complained to the management, and if it weren't addressed, I would absolutely go up the chain. Unacceptable. Girls that young exposing themselves is unacceptable anywhere, even if these were legal adults, this isn't South Beach in Miami, this is Disney.

Ugh, this is disgusting. I'm sorry, but when Americans go to another country we are expected to conform to their socieital rules, people who visit from other countries should be expected to do the same. It is not acceptable for 14-15 year old girls to be nude in public, and I absolutely would have complained to the management, and if it weren't addressed, I would absolutely go up the chain. Unacceptable. Girls that young exposing themselves is unacceptable anywhere, even if these were legal adults, this isn't South Beach in Miami, this is Disney.

Exactly.I have travelled to other countries and as an AMERICAN visitor I am expected to behave and conform and be respectful of cultural norms, and I do.If I didn't I am sure I would be labeled as an ugly,ignorant American.But yet other countries come here and anything goes...I think the problem is that alot of the other countries find the USA ridiculously prudish about the human body, at least that is what my friend from italy has told me.They see nothing wrong with stripping down and don't understand why we get so uptight about nudity

Exactly.I have travelled to other countries and as an AMERICAN visitor I am expected to behave and conform and be respectful of cultural norms, and I do.If I didn't I am sure I would be labeled as an ugly,ignorant American.But yet other countries come here and anything goes...I think the problem is that alot of the other countries find the USA ridiculously prudish about the human body, at least that is what my friend from italy has told me.They see nothing wrong with stripping down and don't understand why we get so uptight about nudity

I guess other countries don't realize that we were first colonized by religious Puritans who fled England because they found it too flagrantly debaucherous, LMAO.

Yes, I am sure they were all under the age of 18...my poor husband was terrified he would somehow be arrested (but it didn't keep him from sneaking in a peak or two) :rotfl2:

I'm sorry, but I think it's creepy creeperson that you husband was sneaking peeks of naked girls who were the same age as your own teenage daughter. My husband is no angel, but if I caught him looking at that I would remind him his daughter is the same age and ask he would feel if that were her. Hopefully that would gross him out enough to quell the urge before I had to call in Chris Hanson from Dateline NBC.

To Catch a Predator: Disney World

I'm sorry, but I think it's creepy creeperson that you husband was sneaking peeks of naked girls who were the same age as your own teenage daughter. My husband is no angel, but if I caught him looking at that I would remind him his daughter is the same age and ask he would feel if that were her. Hopefully that would gross him out enough to quell the urge before I had to call in Chris Hanson from Dateline NBC.

To Catch a Predator: Disney World

RELAX...I'm Joking!!! He was as appalled as I was and honestly told me we needed to get out of there before someone implied that he was doing something wrong or we saw something more. :thumbsup2

When we went over MLK weekend there were many Brazilian tour groups there. I did notice that they they surely have a few customs that we aren't used to . lol For example, during the lights camera action motor show, one of the teenage girls, seated in the row in front of us, leaned back and used my husband as her back support. Literally, she leaned on him the entire show.
Then while waiting in line at the Indiana Jones Souvenier shop one of the boys was standing so close to my husband...he had to politely ask him to give him some room. He was inches from his face. Very strange :confused3

First, don't call Chris Hanson.... the man's out of a job for his own bit of lewd behavior.

This stuff has to be reported and dealt with. And then there's another option.... which is to walk over and politely request that the group avoid breasticizing the rest of the pool deck as it's inappropriate.

First, don't call Chris Hanson.... the man's out of a job for his own bit of lewd behavior.

This stuff has to be reported and dealt with. And then there's another option.... which is to walk over and politely request that the group avoid breasticizing the rest of the pool deck as it's inappropriate.

For future reference, since the average American citzen does not speak Portuguese and few of the tour groups speak more than basic English, this is how you ask Brazillian teenagers to cover themselves...

"Por favor, cobrir seus seios"

Keep in mind, you may or may not sound like Peggy Hill speaking Spanish in Mexico trying to pronounce that. And if Brazillian teens, unsupervised, are anything like American teenager, unsupervised, good luck getting them to stop as they call you names, give you the finger, and proceed to bare more of themselves.

Unfortunately, MOST act as though they do not understand English (including the chaperones)...just a show on their part (IMO) to continue with the activities they are engaged in at the moment. However, I just do the same thing back to them (pretend I do not understand their request) when more than 1-2 try to line jump...I hold my hands firm on the railings and refuse to move saying "I'm sorry, I do not understand" while smiling the whole time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter