Technical Issues Logging into DVC Website

Did you try incognito? Do you have any other device you can try?
Haha! I had to google to figure out how to use incognito. Did I mention I'm technologically illiterate? Anyway, I get the same thing. A white screen with a blue spinning circle. I have been able to log in on my iPhone and my DH's Samsung laptop. Unfortunately, his laptop is a work laptop, so I'm not sure he will get to keep it indefinitely. Also I'm nervous about using my iPhone when booking a hard-to-get reservation.

Haha! I had to google to figure out how to use incognito. Did I mention I'm technologically illiterate? Anyway, I get the same thing. A white screen with a blue spinning circle. I have been able to log in on my iPhone and my DH's Samsung laptop. Unfortunately, his laptop is a work laptop, so I'm not sure he will get to keep it indefinitely. Also I'm nervous about using my iPhone when booking a hard-to-get reservation.
I completely understand, and am right there with you. I don't see well enough to use a smart phone, and the whole world operates on them. So I am at such a disadvantage by not using one, but I do use my laptop and desktop, and love the bigger screens so I can make the print big enough to read. I don't know how to help with the white screen and spinning circle, but I have seen them, and don't remember how it was resolved. Have you tried rebooting? Turn your computer off and wait 5 minutes. Then "boot" (start) it up again. It is amazing how much rebooting fixes!
(Do you think that word came from people kicking their computers? haha)

I completely understand, and am right there with you. I don't see well enough to use a smart phone, and the whole world operates on them. So I am at such a disadvantage by not using one, but I do use my laptop and desktop, and love the bigger screens so I can make the print big enough to read. I don't know how to help with the white screen and spinning circle, but I have seen them, and don't remember how it was resolved. Have you tried rebooting? Turn your computer off and wait 5 minutes. Then "boot" (start) it up again. It is amazing how much rebooting fixes!

Have you ever tried a Samsung Note with the text sized increased? There is a setting on android to make it more readable. Additionally you can also turn on text to speech as well.

It may not help but just something to try and you could stop by a Best Buy or your cellular company to see it in action likely.

Its under settings -> display -> Font Size
Additionally settings -> display -> screen zoom

Yes, I have tried rebooting. That was one of the suggestions of MS. That and clear cookies. After that, they told me there was nothing they could do and that I would need to call Apple. I'm now starting to think I may have a virus on my laptop. There are several safe websites that are saying "This connection is not private" and that this website might be impersonating the real website in order to steal my personal and financial information. Maybe that is why it won't log me into my DVC account. I guess I'll be taking it into my local Best Buy. :headache:

Thanks for the suggestion!!!

Website is nothing but a white screen when I use Chrome since last night, but works with Firefox, Safari, and on my phone .....

I have the exact same problem, including the constant reminder that a website is unsafe when using my Macbook. I googled to see if it was a virus but I can't find anything. It is incredibly frustrating watching the blue circle spin and spin no matter what I do.

A few weeks ago, this was happening to me on a regular basis- just a pure white screen (even the blue spinning circle gave upon me!! 😆). I have all Apple devices as well. Anyway, I primarily use safari, but as soon as it would go all white on me, I would switch over to my opera browser. It would usually work (for awhile)… once it would poop out, I would switch back to safari… when both stayed white, I would hard close the apps (flick up/right click), clear cache/cookies, and reboot as well. Sometimes it helped, sometimes it didn’t- but opera was definitely more stable than safari (btw- DVC has explicitly stated it doesn’t play nicely with safari & to use a different browser). It was very frustrating while it lasted.

I have updated both my iPhone & iPad OS since then, and the DVC site has been working much better for me (even using safari)!! Best of luck 🍀

Yes, I have tried rebooting. That was one of the suggestions of MS. That and clear cookies. After that, they told me there was nothing they could do and that I would need to call Apple. I'm now starting to think I may have a virus on my laptop. There are several safe websites that are saying "This connection is not private" and that this website might be impersonating the real website in order to steal my personal and financial information. Maybe that is why it won't log me into my DVC account. I guess I'll be taking it into my local Best Buy. :headache:

Thanks for the suggestion!!!
Having the same issue on my MAC...cleared cookies, rebooted and getting the "connection is not private" though all my spyware, etc are up to date...Let me know how it works out for you!

Those of you having issues on your Macs, what version of the OS are you running? At my school where we still have several older MacBook Pros running as projector machines we recently ran into an issue where Chrome can't update (due to the old OS) and several sites no longer function properly due to not supporting newer encryption protocols. This includes Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

System is down and has been since before 8 am. At first it would let me get to the last step of the booking process and then I'd get the dwarves. Now I get the dwarves and site is down message on the first click.

Strange thing is it let me cancel a reservation but not book one.

Those of you having issues on your Macs, what version of the OS are you running? At my school where we still have several older MacBook Pros running as projector machines we recently ran into an issue where Chrome can't update (due to the old OS) and several sites no longer function properly due to not supporting newer encryption protocols. This includes Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.
I'm using OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6. My Macbook is getting fairly on up there in years.

Yep, that would be one of the OS levels we have that is affected by the recent SSL issues.
Hmmmm. Guessing the only way to fix it is to get a newer Mac? Sorry if that's a stupid question. I'm seriously ignorant when it comes to technology!

Hmmmm. Guessing the only way to fix it is to get a newer Mac? Sorry if that's a stupid question. I'm seriously ignorant when it comes to technology!
Try the link below and then click into the links for 10.15, 10.14, 10.13 in that order and see if any of them are compatible with your Mac. If you are able to install any of them you should be good to go.

ETA: If 10.15 works then you don't have to check the others. If 10.14 works then no need to check 10.13.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683

Try the link below and then click into the links for 10.15, 10.14, 10.13 in that order and see if any of them are compatible with your Mac. If you are able to install any of them you should be good to go.

ETA: If 10.15 works then you don't have to check the others. If 10.14 works then no need to check 10.13.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683
I appreciate your trying to help. I clicked the link and didn't understand a thing I was reading. I can't figure out what kind of Mac I have. I found the box it came it, but there are no details to help me figure it out. All I know is I have a Macbook Air and it was purchased in November 2015.

I appreciate your trying to help. I clicked the link and didn't understand a thing I was reading. I can't figure out what kind of Mac I have. I found the box it came it, but there are no details to help me figure it out. All I know is I have a Macbook Air and it was purchased in November 2015.
Ok, try the link below. It should take you straight to the App Store and allow you to update your operating system to 10.15 (assuming it is compatible).

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-catalina/id1466841314?mt=12

Ok, try the link below. It should take you straight to the App Store and allow you to update your operating system to 10.15 (assuming it is compatible).

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-catalina/id1466841314?mt=12
Yay!!! It worked! I can now get into my DVC account and I can now access the websites that were being blocked before. Thank you so much! The only thing not working is Safari. Everything I search shows a white screen. But Chrome is working just fine.

ETA: Actually Safari is working now. Everything just seems to be a little slow, but I'm just happy that I can actually see something besides a spinning blue circle.

What is weird is that I can see the countdown on Safari, but on Chrome it's just a white box. So weird!

Last edited:
This morning I tried to bank points with my Apple MacBook Air and it just gave me the blue circle for a few seconds, then the bright green "Bank Now" button again. Must have tried about 5 times to bank those points, but I never got an Email confirmation, now did my number of points change, so it appears that nothing went thru. I've successfully banked on-line before, so maybe the dwarfs are at work (or not) again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!