Tech Help for VMK Log in Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
My error is that every time I try to play VMK, it goes through both of the loading screens. Then where it would normally bring you to the main map screen where you can begin to play, for me it is just black. I cant do anything except exit the game. This has been happening every time for me. I followed the instructions listed above, but it didn't work for me. Is there anyone I can talk to about this maybe? Writing the VMk help email has not been helpful at all.:confused:

I think I have the same problem as you, or at least how you've described it. I've wrote to VMK contact us several times but their responses were pretty much useless.

It seems to be something to do with accounts and nothing with shockwave or video cards (I can log on with my other account). If you can log on with another account as well, it shows that account, through friends list, with the black screen as online but not in any room.

Did you also hear a sound on that black screen?

I'm looking for a solution which I wrote some time ago when I had the same problem as well...

Yesterday when I turned my computer on I got a popup that there was a new version of flash player available. I didn't download it because I wanted to wait and see if it worked ok for everyone. Normally, the only BSOD's that I get are the same one's everyone else gets during Sunday's and such. Every since yesterday I've been having the same problems mentioned above. I login to VMK go through both screens just to get a black screen where the map should be, I've been having to wait up to 7-10min for the map to show up. I was just wondering if maybe, it could be I need to do the update of the flash player because I'm certain that VMK uses the most recent ones. Do you think this could be the problem?

Sounds to be the same problem I am having. One odd thing is that I am able to start a new player and get on. When I go back to log in with my main account, it doesn't work. Yes, I can hear the little start up sound when the screen goes black. I really don't want to have to start out as a new player every time I play.

Well, with no help at all from customer support, and this really frustrating problem not getting fixed, I am forced to quit VMK. Worst part is I can't even get to my stuff to trade or sell. What a complete loss and waste of time!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Thanks for all the advice it has been very helpful. I removed Norton and my computer now likes VMK...LOL made a world of difference. ( I am on roadrunner and have a HP computer) but log in is faster now, when vmk is actually on line.:rotfl: But that is a whole nother story...

I can't seem to play vmk either. i haven't been on for almost 2 weeks. Everytime i try to log in to vmk this pops up

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Hmm, old thread but I'm glad it got bumped, can use a free virus program. so I really have to uninstall my Norton Systemworks? I haven't had active virus protection in at least 7 months, (it scans weekly but I cna't update) but I use it to check for problems (one click check) and system cleanup/defrag and especially the antispam but I think that's a separate program anyway. I do use Spybot and lavasoft Adaware frequently.
Thanks for all the tips in the initial posts!

Norton is, unequivocally, the biggest system drain your computer could ever have. I would rather get a virus than run any Norton or MacAfee product on my system.

But to answer your question, any time you install a new virus program, you must first remove the old one or they will conflict. Plus, if your program has not updated in a while, you probably have a virus, or some spyware on there.

Norton is, unequivocally, the biggest system drain your computer could ever have. I would rather get a virus than run any Norton or MacAfee product on my system.

But to answer your question, any time you install a new virus program, you must first remove the old one or they will conflict. Plus, if your program has not updated in a while, you probably have a virus, or some spyware on there.

Good to know! Thanks Much Doc!!

Just thought you would like to know I had the same problem in January after installing IE7 I was not able to log onto my account. I installed Foxfire and created a new account. I then got rid of IE7 and went back to IE6. Low and behold after nine days I was finally able to get on my old account! Oh I missed me so much lol! Anyhow don't give up sometimes the problems work themselves out. Oh and I am using McAfee and I agree it is a terrible system resource draw as in Spyware Doctor ( which I removed ). Any suggestions on a good antivirus program that doesnt take over my computer??

Just thought you would like to know I had the same problem in January after installing IE7 I was not able to log onto my account. I installed Foxfire and created a new account. I then got rid of IE7 and went back to IE6. Low and behold after nine days I was finally able to get on my old account! Oh I missed me so much lol! Anyhow don't give up sometimes the problems work themselves out. Oh and I am using McAfee and I agree it is a terrible system resource draw as in Spyware Doctor ( which I removed ). Any suggestions on a good antivirus program that doesnt take over my computer??

I'm using SUPERAntiSpyware. It was recommended by Dell

PCillin is a good product, but it isnt free

Avast! Anti-virus is 100% free for teh consumer and I swear by it and recommend it to all my clients. I also use Spybot: Search and Destroy to get rid of and protect from Spyware, in addition to AdAware. All of these FREE programs are available by searching download.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter