TEAM DONALD--Biggest Loser 11 Spring Team Challenge

Sorry, everybody! I will get the results up before I go to bed tonight! Cleaning is taking a lot longer than expected plus I have a sick kid at home who also needs help getting a poetry project done by Friday! Going to be very busy tonight after dancing!

Having turkey sloppy joes for supper on potato rolls with parmesan cheese on top!

That's all I have time for right now!

Once again sorry for the delay!

TTFN :tigger:

Pamela-:hug: So sorry you got more snow. I am so done with winter, and I can only imagine that you are too. You did pop in my head, over the weekend, but someone else was there with some devil ears on telling me louder than you that since my brother is coming this weekend, I don't really need to clean this weekend, since it will just get dirty again, so leave it til wednesday.:rotfl2: So today is wednesday, and I get out of work early, and I will get moving today.:rotfl2: I'm such a procrastinator. Hope your week is going smoothly, and the snow misses you tomorrow. I keep seeing the trial from Mont Vernon on the news, and wonder if you are near there. An old friend of mine was friends with the woman who was killed, and when I see that boy talking so coldly about what he did it makes me sick. That poor, poor husband and daughter. I just can't imagine. So sad.

Yup.... so DONE with snow!!

Wish that devil had been in my head today. I intended to clean, workout, clean, and scrapbook..... but instead I Dis'ed, worked out, cleaned, cleaned, cleaned, and cleaned! Oh well.... at least things are clean and I might actually get a few scrapping minutes tomorrow or Friday.

Mont Vernon is one town away from us, so it is on the news all the time. It is a tragedy. It scares me that there are people like that walking around in society and we don't even know it.

Yikes! I've got the opposite problem, indeed. My hubby -- who refuses to read the book on the diet we're following -- needs to be convinced of what he's allowed to eat. Then he'd argue that we shouldn't be eating certain things (like legumes, for instance) which are "allowed foods." I then tell him to read the book if he doesn't believe me. He's probably recalling our old diet which was far more restricted in what we were allowed to eat. I'm really unsure what his deal is with being so stubborn; I know his willpower far exceeds mine!

That's not "dorky"; that's fabulous! Hubster and I enjoy going shopping together as well. Not sure I'd trust mine with the menu planning though. :rotfl: He does occasionally suggest things to me that I've cooked before that he'd like to have again (like the chili we can have).

Regarding the CPAP machine: Underlying medical issues aside, I can see (or is that hear?) first-hand how losing weight helps with snoring issues. I'm not sure I'll ever get back to not wearing earplugs at all, but being able to sleep in the same room as my hubby again -- after only a month of being back on a healthy eating plan -- speaks volumes.

Semi-unrelated: My dad, who has been severely overweight for probably the last 25-30 years or so, started dieting last year. He's been on a CPAP for the past 3 years, it helped him tremendously with his quality of sleep. He would nap after getting up in the morning, nap in the afternoon. He rarely does anymore. One of the best things that has happened for him since starting his diet, outside of the weight loss, is he was just taken off his high blood pressure medication and his diabetes medication -- the former he had been on for probably 30+ years and the latter he had been taking for the past 5 or so years. Tremendous testament to what losing weight can do for your health. I've very proud of him.

Not harsh, no worries. It's the "way of the internet"... "if you can't stand the heat, stay off the keyboard" :goodvibes I'm actually just trying to understand exactly why he feels so adamant about certain things on the diet. As far as his willpower, he's got it in heaps; we never "cheat" and didn't the previous time we dieted (pre-kiddo). So, I'm not sure it's a matter of being tempted into doing something he doesn't want to do; and I've never intentionally tried to "sabotage" or force him into doing anything (unless it was to go on a Disney vacation) :rolleyes1 Even with the birthday cake thing, I think it might be that he believes if he has one piece, all the hard work he's done will be for naught -- not that he'll go off on a binge -- like an irrational fear that all the weight he's lost will magically reappear if he has an indulgence on a special occasion. Although in addition to that, after mulling it over in my head, I'm starting to think his being stubborn stems from not completely understanding the diet and what we're allowed to eat and -- he refuses to read the book. *grumble* He keeps comparing it to the far stricter diet we used to be on, which is where a lot of our "diet bickering" comes from ("Yes, you CAN eat black beans!" "Yes, you CAN have a light yogurt.") All of it flies in the face of how he is in every other aspect of his life, very ... extremely logical. (He's a mathematician/researcher). So it puzzles me. :confused3

Love the man madly ... if he didn't drive me crazy every now and again, it just wouldn't be the same. ;)

And yes, I've got annoying relatives who do just as you described, however it's not with food, it's "go ahead and have one more kid, you know you'd love to!" ... :scared1:

I've noticed when I'm stressed about something -- like now it happens to be the end of my job contract -- the first thing that goes out the window is the motivation to do some exercise. Which frustrates more than anything as I know if I could get my butt down there and get moving, I'd feel much LESS stressed. *smack forehead* How does stress manifest itself in everyone elses' lives? Do you let the exercise go or do you cheat or do you cry or just run away? :rotfl:

Anyway, I've got to go make sure the kiddo hasn't burned down the front room or managed to wipe her daddy's PC clean. :laughing:

First of all.... :woohoo: for your Dad!!

Second.... I'm glad you understood where I was coming from.

Third.... I absolutely would STOP arguing with DH and INSIST that he read the book! Let him know that you are absolutely willing to support him, plan meals with/for him, shop and cook for him (with help, of course ;) ), but he MUST read the book and understand the eating plan!!!!! How does he even know that this is a plan he can live with if he doesn't understand it or know what it involves?? That is NUTS!! Get it on audiobook if you have to, but tell him he MUST read it!!

Try not to let the exercise go when you are stressed.... because that is when you need it the most! It will help relieve stress and help you feel more in control of life!!

Good morning everyone! I don't have a lot of time to post today since I just got to work an hour ago after leaving my house at 6:30 :scared1: It is snowing here :headache: and yesterday it rained all day which turned into freezing rain, so the roads were gross. I did have to drive DFi to work because his windshield wipers don't work, so my commute should have been longer than normal, but total driving time was over 3 hrs compared to about 1 on a regular day. Pretty ridiculous :eek: I thought about calling in sick, but I have a meeting that I have to go to. beth

Does it feel great to say Fiance?????:cutie:

Just a reminder: The merge is almost here!!!:cool1: On Friday we will begin chatting on the main BL thread. If you have any questions please let me know. I look forward to seeing everyone on the main thread on Friday.:goodvibes

YAAHHH! I can't wait!!!

Sorry, everybody! I will get the results up before I go to bed tonight! Cleaning is taking a lot longer than expected plus I have a sick kid at home who also needs help getting a poetry project done by Friday! Going to be very busy tonight after dancing!

Having turkey sloppy joes for supper on potato rolls with parmesan cheese on top!

That's all I have time for right now!

Once again sorry for the delay!

No worries! Get it up whenever you can! We all appreciate it, whenever it appears! Thanks!

Well folks.... I've got one minute (literally) left to chat before I have to run and get DD at the high school. Then a quick shower for me and off to the Y to drop DD (team picture night and practice) and then DS and I will run some errands. Not sure what DH's schedule is tonight... he might not even be home for the night, so I've bagged the evening menu plan and opted for Subway... it is a treat for us, so I'm looking forward to it (even though I get the exact same thing every time!!:laughing: ). Plus it is my high point day so I might even get to have a few baked chips with my sandwich!...... aaaahh... the little pleasures in life!!:laughing:

I'll try to pop on again later, but no guarantees.... especially since it is Survivor night!....................P

:wave2: I am now a red head! Gray is gone and I had my hair done the reddest I ever have, and I love it! I am naturally a very mousy dark brown with redish tones so the red is much better on me than to try to go lighter. I love doing something fun and unexpected.

All this talk of cleaning and I read the funniest thing in a magazine while I was waiting this morning. I knew I would find it on the internet somewhere. This is my new motto:
il_570xN15777604.jpg

The rest of my day was pretty slow and I took a short nap earlier that I really needed.

Well it is snowing here in jersey this morning. We have it light and the roads are just wet. My student teacher is heading north for an interview. I hope she makes it okay.
I can't believe so many people are still getting snow. Yech! Have you heard from your student teacher?

Sometimes I hate myself for not "trying harder" but then I remember this is a marathon not a sprint and I need to enjoy the journey so if I skip a day exercising or eat something that isn't "approved" that I enjoyed then got back on the wagon it's all good. I also get in the "I've worked X hard and only lost Y lbs" rut but realize how much endurance and strength I have gained :)
Great attitude and we all need to remember that. We didn't gain it overnight and we won't lose it overnight.

When DH was hospitalized last November, I know my "old me" reaction would have been to comfort eat (after that initial period of "can't eat, too scared" wore off). I was sleeping in a hospital waiting room, living off cafeteria food and such, simultaneously bored and overstressed and overstimulated.... overtired, crying, YOU NAME IT. It was a recipe for food-disaster. But I told myself, from minute one (okay.... maybe minute two), that I was NOT going to use it as an excuse to eat poorly. I made the BEST choices possible in most every situation. I searched the cafeteria and little sandwich shop to find the best possible options. I asked at Au Bon Pain for egg whites on multigrain, even though it wasn't on the menu.... and I got it. I had oatmeal with raisins and skim milk in the cafeteria instead of pastries. When I went to the sandwich shop at 9 pm for dinner after a crazy evening, I was SO TEMPTED by the baked goods..... but I had a half a turkey sandwich on whole wheat... and a bag of Baked Lay's for a treat.

EVERY DAY was a chance to blow it.... and (nearly) every day I had to tell myself that the "stress du jour" was NOT going to be an excuse to overeat. In fact..... it was the ONE THING I COULD control. I couldn't control DH's injuries, surgery, or recovery. But I COULD control my reaction to it.
That is really awesome. I don't know that I would have had that much strength in your situation. And making those choices really has kept you successful. You are such an inspiration. I really hope you do look into becoming a WW leader.

I think that sounds GREAT! I would love some suggestions from DH about what HEALTHIER meals he might enjoy..... that said, I'm a bit of a control freak about my shopping and menus.... so no other help please!!;) I've seen what the budget and pantry look like when DH goes shopping!!:eek:
I am the spender in my house! DH is the stick to the list, only buy the basics one and I like to wander and get anything that catches my eye. :blush: And since he does probably 75% or more of the cooking and the shopping he needs to have input into what we are having. My job is to be sure we have the lists, to take what ever meat out to be thawed in time (I screw that one up a lot!) and make sure the kitchen is cleaned up for him so he has space to cook. If I am being really nice I will even get out all the ingredients for him and have them on the counter.

I haven't seen it, but I might go looking for it. Is she doing it because she is too tempted by their foods, or because she wants them to be healthier?

I must admit, I kind of get it (if it is because she wants them healthier). I have a thread here that I have had to just IGNORE because I want to make a comment about healthier eating that might not be appreciated. I mean it with the best of intentions, but try as I might, I can't think of a way to say what I want without sounding SNARKY.... so I'm trying HARD to keep my cyber-mouth SHUT!

Honestly though.... I can't imagine throwing away other people's food because I was tempted.... it ISN'T MY FOOD!! I shouldn't eat it NO MATTER WHAT!!:sad2:
She is definitely doing it because she can't resist the temptation, but trying to say that it is because she wants them to be healthy. Things have apparently escalated too. There are many funny and snarky responses on the thread but this woman really is having some major issues that I hope she gets help for. I can't find the thread right now but the title is just something about a CoWorker and has been on the first few pages of the CB.
I understand that I am a morning person and he is a night owl.... but sleeping till noon just seems absolutely FOOLISH and immature to me.
:blush: :lmao: I can remember the days of sleeping until noon but I try to be up by 10 at the latest. It is hard having a night owl and morning person together, but I think we balance each other because he gets me to go bed earlier than I normally would most nights.
I had a good workout at the Y last night, but never made it on the rowing machine. There are only two of them and there was a guy and a girl who were taking turns working out on one and just sitting on the other one. I wasn't feeling aggressive enough to ask them to sit somewhere else.... so I just skipped it. NBD, I suppose.
That is so annoying. :mad: Why not just each use one and get done???

Remember that bout of "tendonitis" I had in my right hand a few weeks ago?? I think it is returning today, in another finger. My middle finger, middle knuckle is swollen and sore today. I'm hoping that maybe I just whacked it on something and I don't remember doing it.
That stinks. I hope it starts feeling better quick. Have you tried Ice and Advil?

I have regretted multiple food choices over the past challenge, and know if i had made different choices, I would have lost more weight so far, but I don't beat myself up over it, and I start fresh after I've gone off track. No real changes, but as time goes on, I hope to veer off track less in the future, and get back to tracking faithfully.

And I need to get back to journalling again. I do so much better when I do, but I've been slacking.
Every day is a new day and a new opportunity to make good choices. Get that journal out and start writing!

Yikes! I've got the opposite problem, indeed. My hubby -- who refuses to read the book on the diet we're following -- needs to be convinced of what he's allowed to eat. Then he'd argue that we shouldn't be eating certain things (like legumes, for instance) which are "allowed foods." I then tell him to read the book if he doesn't believe me. He's probably recalling our old diet which was far more restricted in what we were allowed to eat. I'm really unsure what his deal is with being so stubborn; I know his willpower far exceeds mine!

I'm starting to think his being stubborn stems from not completely understanding the diet and what we're allowed to eat and -- he refuses to read the book. *grumble* He keeps comparing it to the far stricter diet we used to be on, which is where a lot of our "diet bickering" comes from ("Yes, you CAN eat black beans!" "Yes, you CAN have a light yogurt.") All of it flies in the face of how he is in every other aspect of his life, very ... extremely logical. (He's a mathematician/researcher). So it puzzles me. :confused3

Love the man madly ... if he didn't drive me crazy every now and again, it just wouldn't be the same. ;)
That is frustrating. I would suggest though that maybe you make some copies of the relevant information from the book. There is some great information in there, but there is a lot of extra stuff, especially the Touchy Feely stuff as DH calls it (the testimonials) that makes it seem overwhelming and kind of silly, especially to guys--mine is an engineer. They want the cold hard facts, the more bullet points the better! If you can look for the basics that explain why we are eating what we are, how everything balances, the blood sugar things, the real "meat" of the book and provide him with that. If you can boil it down to just a few pages then he may be more willing to look at the principles. You really do need to understand it all in order to make the right choices. And copy the foods to enjoy and foods to avoid lists and hang them on the refrigerator.

This is my favorite forum for information on SB http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/forum/index.php . They have stickies with links to posts with the food lists and some of the basic principles and other really helpful stuff. I have copied most all of it into word documents on my computer so that I can easily get to it and use it however works best for me.

I've noticed when I'm stressed about something -- like now it happens to be the end of my job contract -- the first thing that goes out the window is the motivation to do some exercise. Which frustrates more than anything as I know if I could get my butt down there and get moving, I'd feel much LESS stressed. *smack forehead* How does stress manifest itself in everyone elses' lives? Do you let the exercise go or do you cheat or do you cry or just run away? :rotfl:
I do all of that! I skip exercise, cheat on my eating, cry and hide in my house! Apparently exercise is actually supposed to help with stress, according to just about everyone, but I can't verify that because I have never tried it!:rotfl2:

Just a reminder: The merge is almost here!!!:cool1: On Friday we will begin chatting on the main BL thread. If you have any questions please let me know. I look forward to seeing everyone on the main thread on Friday.:goodvibes
:cheer2::woohoo::cool1:

That sounds so yummy! Any chance the recipe is on the recipe thread? I love Sloppy Joes but DH thinks they are stupid. "Why go to all that trouble when you can just have a hamburger?" :headache: He would just have hamburgers 5 nights a week if I let him, with tacos the other 2 nights. :rolleyes:

Sorry about the sick kidlet. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Wish that devil had been in my head today. I intended to clean, workout, clean, and scrapbook..... but instead I Dis'ed, worked out, cleaned, cleaned, cleaned, and cleaned! Oh well.... at least things are clean and I might actually get a few scrapping minutes tomorrow or Friday.

Not sure what DH's schedule is tonight... he might not even be home for the night, so I've bagged the evening menu plan and opted for Subway... it is a treat for us, so I'm looking forward to it (even though I get the exact same thing every time!!:laughing: ). Plus it is my high point day so I might even get to have a few baked chips with my sandwich!...... aaaahh... the little pleasures in life!!:laughing:
It is such a relief when it is all clean and you can focus on other things. If only it didn't end up getting dirty again so fast!

Don't leave us hanging! What do you get at Subway???

I'll be back later with the final Team Donald QOTD. :)

We are always much better parents, partners and friends when we take the time for ourselves. I saw a great speaker many years ago that talked about our emotional gas tank and how we have to take the time to refill our tanks because we do no good when we are running on empty.

That is the only reason I am still trying to go to the Cape this weekend. I feel that if I don't, I will blow a gasket!! Granted I would love to spend time with DH (he has to leave the day after I come back) and get the house ship shape again but dammit I need me time!!! Yes, sorry, I cussed. LOL

QOTD for Wednesday:

Continuing to think back on the last few weeks:
Is there anything that you have regretted doing or not doing since you started this Jan 1st? Do you plan to make any changes in the coming weeks?

I regret not being more prepared on the food front. I should have wiped out the pantry and started fresh.
My change will be to work harder at planning grocery trips........ as soon as book fair is over. :duck:

:wave2: I am now a red head! Gray is gone and I had my hair done the reddest I ever have, and I love it! I am naturally a very mousy dark brown with redish tones so the red is much better on me than to try to go lighter. I love doing something fun and unexpected.

All this talk of cleaning and I read the funniest thing in a magazine while I was waiting this morning. I knew I would find it on the internet somewhere. This is my new motto:
il_570xN15777604.jpg

I wanna see pics!!! I need to color my hair too, waaaayyyyy to many grey hairs popping up!

LOL love the sign!!!

PrincessNancy gave me one that hangs in my kitchen that says:
There Will Be No Crisis This Week, My Schedule Is Full!!

Sorry I wasn't around while this was going on. Wish I could remember what I used to do when my kids were younger and driving me nuts.... oh wait.,... they were just fighting and driving me nuts an hour ago!!:rotfl: Yup.... fighting like little kids this morning. Usually DS is out the door before DD even gets up.... but she had a Latin Honor Society meeting this morning, so I was driving them both in together..... OH MAN! Bickering over the stupidest things. I usually try to remind them when they act like that that they are being selfish.... that they aren't giving ANY thought to how the fighting is bothering me, or how they are fighting over selfish things.... like whose Ipod was charging or who was in whose way!!! DUMB STUFF!! It is selfish because all they are thinking of is what is important to THEM... why THEY should have _______________ instead of sibling.

I agree..... put on a movie, make a cup of tea and take it to your bedroom, close the door, grab a magazine, and chill for 15 minutes!!

I know your house is small, but is there any way that they could each have a small space to themselves for an hour?? I used to send DS up to my room to watch tv or play... and then let DD have the computer or the downstairs tv for an hour.

How about a craft project? They could make Easter cards maybe??

Fine I see how ya are! Not here in my time of need! Geesh!!!!!
gah.gif

J/K Love ya!!!

Not much in the way of spaces. I have the dining/scrap room, the kitchen, the living room, my room, the bathroom, and the boys room. That be it. I live in a doll house, literally.

Today was busy but better. Book fair came early so I set that up, DS14 had track today and DS10 had bowling. We ate dinner at the bowling alley, I will NOT tell you what I ate or you will have me drawn and quartered.
Homework is done!! Yay!!! And they are all upstairs playing video games. Not really allowed to play during the week but it's peaceful and quiet. And I can sit and rest. My foot is killing me because I've been on it all day so I'm going to go ice it for a bit.
I think I'm going to have to break down and get the boot. I don't want it but I'm gonna have to do something.

Donald Statistics: Week 11
Here we celebrate our progress and recognize our superstars.

Reminders:
-after 3 weeks of no reporting, you are dropped from the challenged – can re-start at any time, though
-if anybody knows they will miss weighing in, just PM and let me know and you’ll be marked excused

First some stats

MAINTAINERS:
(staying within 2 lbs of their maintain weight is successfully maintaining!)
# of Maintainers Reporting In & Successfully Maintaining: 1
50s Jayne

LOSERS:
weigh ins----------------------- 27
gains---------------------------- 5
maintains------------------------ 5
losses-------------------------- 17

Biggest Loser 11 Spring Challenge Week 11 Team Donald!
This week’s group loss is 24.1 lbs.
Average percentage of weight lost .46 %
Total group weight loss so far 578.9 pounds!

AWESOME!

Before the weekly superstar list comes the disclaimer. I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me. For your reference this is the magic percentage of weight lost formula - weight loss for the week divided by weight for last week times 100, that gives us the percentage. Now let me test that with my numbers for week 1, click, click, click goes the calculator. Yes, that agrees with the percentage on the magic spreadsheet. (btw if its been more than 1 week between weigh-ins, then the % loss is divided by the number of weeks, to keep everybody on the same basis)

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of the week? This time I’ve done a TOP 10 LIST ! That criteria may change from week to week. Hey I'm in charge here and I get paid nothin' to do this so you better take what you can get! (and if there’s something you want to know, just ask me!)

The WISH Biggest Loser 11 Spring Challenge Week 11 Donald Superstars!!

#10- .80% ChrisinNJ
#9- .90% DisneylandEmily
#8- 1.00% lovetoscrap
#6- 1.01% missoutandabout
#6- 1.01 % TimonTracy
#4- 1.10% tink_lover
#4- 1.10% princess_reject
#3- 1.46% disney1990
#2- 1.82% Dreamer24
and now
The WISH Biggest Loser 11 Spring Challenge
Week 11 Team Donald Biggest Loser is:
#1- 2.01% yourMaire83

Quote from Dare2Dream: How is your week going? Are you OP (on program)? Are you exercising? Drinking that water? You know what to do to make the magic happen. Get on the wagon. We are all here to help you on the journey. We can do this one day at a time. One bite at a time.

Have a healthy day!
Congratulations yourMaire83 !!!
What a great week you had. Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser. Wear it with pride this week! :

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by

or we have a medium version

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by

and we have a small version

or use
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great!

I won’t be doing % to goal this week! I will resume that part next week! Yeah, it’s merge time!!!!

Recipe for Turkey Sloppy Joe's

1 package ground turkey
1 can of Manwich BOLD sloppy joe sauce
potato rolls
parmesan cheese

Sorry, not a homemade recipe! No time for that though I have made homemade in the past!

Congrats to YOURMAIRE83, the overall BL this week!

Have a great night!!!!

I'm going away this weekend so I won't be responding to PMs from Friday at 1 until Sunday night!!!! Girls weekend! Nobody under 40 allowed!!!!

Recipe for Turkey Sloppy Joe's

1 package ground turkey
1 can of Manwich BOLD sloppy joe sauce
potato rolls
parmesan cheese

Sorry, not a homemade recipe! No time for that though I have made homemade in the past!
LOL! Sounds good anyway. :)

I realized I forgot to answer my QOTD for today.

I keep thinking about how I regret not starting this sooner, but I also know that I was not in the right place, so starting sooner may have actually been worse for me. I might have given up again and not started again for a few more years.

But as far as my actions in the last few weeks I think my regret would just be for the things I ate impulsively that I knew I shouldn't have.

SO, that brings me to Team Donald's final QOTD (I feel so honored to be the one to post it :) ):

QOTD for Thursday

We have posted or thought about our regrets. Now they are gone, it is a new day, and we leave those negative thoughts behind and focus on the positive.

What is at least one thing that you are PROUD of yourself for in the last 11 weeks? Big or small, weight loss or health related, or anything else.

If I could I would make this question required of everyone to answer! No matter what has happened over the last 11 weeks, you should be able to find something you have done that you are proud of--even if it is just getting the dishes done last Tuesday ;). Just as we may beat ourselves up over the bad decisions we also need to pat ourselves on the back for the good ones. Own your proud moments! As we move forward we will continue to add even more proud moments and decisions. :goodvibes

For me the one thing that stands out is my first major "moment"--- when I resisted those chips in the Mexican restaurant (2x!). It is a small thing but was a huge personal victory.

I am also proud of myself for cutting soda out of my days (I have had 2 in the last 11 weeks, instead of 2-3 a day before).

It is a new day full of new promises and new possibilities. You control what goes into your body. Make decisions that you can be proud of, and give yourself the credit for it when you do. :cheer2:

I forgot to send in my weigh-in. Ooops :blush:

That's okay, you can just show an even better loss this week! :cool1:
After I have been encouraging people to send in their HH points for the last few weeks, I completely forgot to send mine in for this last week! :headache:

Hi! I am Haley. I am joining y'all this week. I am really excited.

I have two kiddos. Since I am done having kids I am determined to get in shape. I am doing weight watchers and training for the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon 2012.

off to read the first page!

The merge is almost here!!!! Starting tomorrow we will begin chatting on the main BL thread!!!

Thank you to tggrrstar (Kelli) for being our coach for the first week of the merge. You will find the QOTD on the main thread starting Friday.

I want to encourage everyone to stick with it through this change. It will be a little busy for a week or so. But just think--you will be making new friends, getting new ideas, and finding new sources of motivation.:goodvibes

I wanted to take a second to thank everyone who has worked so hard while we were running 3 threads. Thanks you to donac (Dona) for hostessing the Donald thread.:goodvibes Thank you to mikamah (Kathy) and mommyof2pirates (Lindsay) for keeping up the QOTDs on the team threads. Thank you to all the coaches on both threads--everyone has done a fabulous job!

Thank you to cclovesdis for hosting our Healthy Habits and to Connie for hosting WIN--I have to double check but I believe we are taking our measurements this week.:goodvibes

Thank you especially to tigger813 (Tracey) for being the weight keeper. We have had well over 200 people sign up this challenge. That's a lot of names to sort through each week, in addition to providing stats for two teams.

And thank you to all of our participants. I continue to get inspiration from each of you everyday.:goodvibes

See you Friday on the main thread!

A big thank you to you, too, Rose, for organizing this challenge and keeping it running.:flower3:

Congratulations to all our losers this week, especially yourMaire83!!!:cool1:

Thank you Tracey, dona, Connie and CC for all you do to keep this challenge running.

Good morning donalds!! I'll pop on later before the big merge tomorrow. Off to the dentist for a crown which is my least favorite thing in the world. I'd rather go to the gynecologist.:lmao:

Have a great day donalds!

I'm so proud to be number 2! I worked hard last week and I'm glad it showed!

I am at a point where I have been to before, plataued and then ended up giving up and going back up. I am going to work hard, continue to get past this and head down!

Pictures?? I've daydreamed of coloring my hair, but never had the nerve.... so I live with mousy dishwater blonde and a large grey streak!

:
il_570xN15777604.jpg

I love that! I might have to make myself a sign like that!

That is really awesome. I don't know that I would have had that much strength in your situation. And making those choices really has kept you successful. You are such an inspiration. I really hope you do look into becoming a WW leader.

I'd love to work for WW, but since I never officially "joined up" this go around, I'm not sure if they would take me. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask!

I am the spender in my house! DH is the stick to the list, only buy the basics one and I like to wander and get anything that catches my eye. :blush: And since he does probably 75% or more of the cooking and the shopping he needs to have input into what we are having. My job is to be sure we have the lists, to take what ever meat out to be thawed in time (I screw that one up a lot!) and make sure the kitchen is cleaned up for him so he has space to cook. If I am being really nice I will even get out all the ingredients for him and have them on the counter.

DH would probably stick to the list (plus a few extras ;) ), but he wouldn't check unit prices or anything like that.... he might end up with the "right stuff" but it would cost more than I am willing to spend (I am not brand loyal.... I am price loyal)... and he doesn't use coupons. Plus I know that (for example), I have asparagus on the list, but it is over $3/lb, that it isn't vital to the week and I can substitute a cheaper veg. He would just go with the asparagus because "it was on the list" and he fears the rath of the wife!!:rotfl:

:That stinks. I hope it starts feeling better quick. Have you tried Ice and Advil?

I may have jumped the gun in thinking it was the tendonitis. It never got worse all day. Probably just slammed my hand into something a few days ago and I'm not remembering. Knuckle is still a bit sore and swollen today, but nothing drastic..... and no, I did NOTHING for it, of course!:sad2:

That is the only reason I am still trying to go to the Cape this weekend. I feel that if I don't, I will blow a gasket!! Granted I would love to spend time with DH (he has to leave the day after I come back) and get the house ship shape again but dammit I need me time!!! Yes, sorry, I cussed. LOL

And you will return reinvigorated, renewed, and refreshed.... and you will be a better wife and mom because of your time away. I'm sure DH understands.

[#10- .80% ChrisinNJ
#9- .90% DisneylandEmily
#8- 1.00% lovetoscrap
#6- 1.01 % TimonTracy
#4- 1.10% tink_lover
#3- 1.46% disney1990
#2- 1.82% Dreamer24
and now
#1- 2.01% yourMaire83

A HUGE congratulations to all of our big losers.... and a special woohoo:woohoo: to yourmaire83!!!!

SO, that brings me to Team Donald's final QOTD (I feel so honored to be the one to post it :) ):

QOTD for Thursday

We have posted or thought about our regrets. Now they are gone, it is a new day, and we leave those negative thoughts behind and focus on the positive.

What is at least one thing that you are PROUD of yourself for in the last 11 weeks? Big or small, weight loss or health related, or anything else.

I'm proud that I didn't have a melt down a few weeks ago when I had an unexpected large gain. Sure, I was frustrated... but I tried to channel the frustration into working harder the next week. I STILL don't really have a legit reason for the gain.... I can only blame so much on hormones and bloating. And there was NO real FOOD reason for it (although I did have one big movie popcorn splurge... but it wasn't THAT much! :rolleyes: ). Anyhow.... the last time I had an unexpected gain like that I really let it throw me for a loop.... including tears!! And it made me question my journey here. But this time, NO QUESTIONS... just picked myself up and kept on moving!

I have two kiddos. Since I am done having kids I am determined to get in shape. I am doing weight watchers and training for the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon 2012.

off to read the first page!

WELCOME Haley!! Pleased to have you here. Careful you don't get lost in the shuffle as we merge our two threads starting tomorrow. It will move VERY quickly to start out, but should calm down in a week or so. Just jump in where ever you can and CHAT!! :thumbsup2

The merge is almost here!!!! Starting tomorrow we will begin chatting on the main BL thread!!!

Thank you to tggrrstar (Kelli) for being our coach for the first week of the merge. You will find the QOTD on the main thread starting Friday.

I want to encourage everyone to stick with it through this change. It will be a little busy for a week or so. But just think--you will be making new friends, getting new ideas, and finding new sources of motivation.:goodvibes

I wanted to take a second to thank everyone who has worked so hard while we were running 3 threads. Thanks you to donac (Dona) for hostessing the Donald thread.:goodvibes Thank you to mikamah (Kathy) and mommyof2pirates (Lindsay) for keeping up the QOTDs on the team threads. Thank you to all the coaches on both threads--everyone has done a fabulous job!

Thank you to cclovesdis for hosting our Healthy Habits and to Connie for hosting WIN--I have to double check but I believe we are taking our measurements this week.:goodvibes

Thank you especially to tigger813 (Tracey) for being the weight keeper. We have had well over 200 people sign up this challenge. That's a lot of names to sort through each week, in addition to providing stats for two teams.

And thank you to all of our participants. I continue to get inspiration from each of you everyday.:goodvibes

See you Friday on the main thread!

I second everything Rose said! I TRULY could not continue on this journey as well as I do without all of the support I get here from EVERYONE! Thanks to our hostesses, coaches, leaders, and stat keepers!!!! :flower3:

I'm so proud to be number 2! I worked hard last week and I'm glad it showed!

I am at a point where I have been to before, plataued and then ended up giving up and going back up. I am going to work hard, continue to get past this and head down!

Good attitude and CONGRATS!!!

Well friends.... I told myself I had "permission" to sit here until 9 am with my coffee... and it is now 9:03 am. So time to roll. I gotta get in my workout and hit the shower by 10:15 to pick up DS at school by 11:00 to get to an 11:45 doctors appointment. I've had a very productive morning, so I happy with that.... sorted two bags of hand-me-downs that came to DS, towel load in the washer (gonna hang it out if I have time before I leave), cooked the hamburg for tonight's tacos, upstairs trash emptied and out to garage, healthy breakfast made and consumed and cleaned up, DS to bus stop, school lunch packed for DD, DD to school (40 minutes round trip... why don't I insist she take the bus???:headache: ), deposit made at bank, Netflix dropped at post office, kitchen picked up a bit, emails checked, directions/parking instructions printed for tomorrow's trip to Harvard for swim...... now to hit the TM and shower!

I won't have time to hop on again until probably mid afternoon or later! So TTYL.............P

Last Team Good Morning to all you Donalds! :goodvibes

Try not to let the exercise go when you are stressed.... because that is when you need it the most! It will help relieve stress and help you feel more in control of life!!

Managed to get in some rowing and a walk last night. Nothing crazy but it did feel much better to do it. And, I always regret when I don't! :eek:

Sexy, sexy! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I went through a dark reddish brown phase but went back to red. It feels good.

il_570xN15777604.jpg
:thumbsup2 Love it, love it, love it.

Reminds me of the magnet my MIL has, "Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses." :laughing:

And copy the foods to enjoy and foods to avoid lists and hang them on the refrigerator.

Thanks for reminding me about this. I keep telling myself I need to do this... and then promptly forget.

This is my favorite forum for information on SB http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/forum/index.php . They have stickies with links to posts with the food lists and some of the basic principles and other really helpful stuff. I have copied most all of it into word documents on my computer so that I can easily get to it and use it however works best for me.

Bookmarked! Thank you muchly. :goodvibes

I do all of that! I skip exercise, cheat on my eating, cry and hide in my house! Apparently exercise is actually supposed to help with stress, according to just about everyone, but I can't verify that because I have never tried it!:rotfl2:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Donald Statistics: Week 11

The WISH Biggest Loser 11 Spring Challenge Week 11 Donald Superstars!!

#10- .80% ChrisinNJ
#9- .90% DisneylandEmily
#8- 1.00% lovetoscrap
#6- 1.01 % TimonTracy
#4- 1.10% tink_lover
#3- 1.46% disney1990
#2- 1.82% Dreamer24
and now
#1- 2.01% yourMaire83

Huge, Mega-Congratulations to all -- especially, YourMaire83. Rock on!

And, I also want to say thanks to all of the organizers and coaches and all-around helpful folks who keep this thing going -- fantastic job and kudos to all. :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Congratulations to our superstars and especially to our biggest loser, YourMaire83! :cool1:

Thanks for being our coach this week, LTS! :flower3: You've had a lot of interesting questions and responses.

:welcome: Haley! Be sure that you follow us all to the main thread tomorrow. Don't want you to miss the party:

And thank you to YOU, Rose! :flower3: And donac for hostessing our Donald thread, Tracey for being weightkeeper, CC for being HH coach, and connie96 for being WIN! coach, and to all our coaches and participants. We couldn't do a BL challenge without each and everyone one of you! :goodvibes

Off to the dentist for a crown which is my least favorite thing in the world. I'd rather go to the gynecologist.:lmao:

:rotfl: Wow! That is bad!

Pictures?? I've daydreamed of coloring my hair, but never had the nerve.... so I live with mousy dishwater blonde and a large grey streak!

Funny, Pamela, I think of you as having beautiful, blonde hair! :goodvibes

QOTD for Thursday

I have lots of things to celebrate since the first of the year but for this QOTD I'm going to go with starting the Princess and being ready to try again next year even though I didn't finish as I had hoped. princess:

It's crazy busy in my corner of the world as it tends to get as I get ready to go out of town for a few days for spring break. I will see you all on the main thread tomorrow and then next week for coaching!

Kudos to everyone for sticking with us, sticking with this and making progress toward your goals each and every day! :donald:

Good Thursday afternoon Team Donald. Sorry that I didn't get on this morning. I woke up in a funk after a dream in the last hour of my sleep. It was about something that has been on my mind for the last couple of weeks and may not resolve itself for another couple of weeks.

I am very excited about the new part of this challenge. It will be strange not to say good morning to Team DOnald tomorrow morning.

I have really enjoyed getting to know everyone here and I hope that you continue. It will be a little crazy the first couple of week while you get to know everyone but it will be fun.

I may be back on later but I have yoga tonight.

Have happy and healthy evening.

Too tired to post more tonight, but here is the QOTD for Monday.

If you could go back 10 years and give yourself a piece of advice, what would it be?

"

Hi folks - well reading everyday, just don't seem to have the time to respond, but want to tonite

Trial over, recovering and trying to get everything done that got neglected during the trial.

Terrible tragedy this week - the lawyer I did the trial with found his 16 year old sone dead last Sunday.

Just awful, its all I can think about. No parent should have to face that, no one at all.

If I could go back 10 years, I would have sought this type of support instead of trying "to do it myself", would have accepted the fact that I had an eating disorder and was not a pig and would have treated myself a lot better.

But I am now :love:

Linda

:tinker::donald:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!