• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Team 8 Jessica's Rabbits Bios and Info

Numbers (and on time for a change)

Dec 1-7
Miles 25.26
Hours 5

Ryley - we're doing Nashville. Other friends doing it and since the CDC was changed to Rock N Roll Chicago, figure might as well so this way we get the bonus medals.:thumbsup2

Thank you everybody.

I'm caught up to this point and we are at 19,804 miles since February. Totally amazing, if you ask me. Everyone just keeps moving on like the energizer bunny.

Steve

Your trail run sounds like fun! (?) 800 vertical feet in 3 miles doesn't sound like much to a couch potato, until you go out and try to do it. Plus I assume there were lots of ups and downs on the trail, so you did increments above that. I do wish I'd had a chance to do some real cross-country running in my younger days.

Thanks as always Rich for the big miles. Our totals as a team reflect your efforts.

Kathy and Carol, thanks for the information. You both look to be getting fit and healthy.

Howard, it was similarly a delight to see you and Cam 10 days ago. I hope your blisters and PF are doing better.

Thanks Liz, and no need to apologize. I'm not going anywhere, so a few days en retard doesn't matter. How is Patrick after his knee op?

We were in Manhattan Friday and Saturday, and drove back early yesterday. We returned earlier than planned, so I had time to get 14 yesterday. The time yes, the legs, well no. I got to 13.11 and had to stop. It was that or my digestive system was going to stop me. The first 11 were strong, the last 2 pure hell. I guess I was more tired than I thought from the New York walking and travel.

Best
Craig

Craig - bummer on the end of that run. When we drove to FL in Oct I found it easier as I got out and did some really brisk walking when we stopped at a rest area. Got some funny looks but I felt better.

I do 9 miles every other week on a trail here. It's wider and mostly crushed limestone but still have to watch. Has several hills - one named Big Bertha - 100 feet in less than a mile. Funny thing, when I was out there 2 weeks ago I never even noticed it. Just all of a sudden realized "hey I know I'm past that point..."

Patrick is doing well, thanks. Was up and walking same day, was really tired Saturday (no surprise) and actually got out for a bit yesterday to the mall. Has doc appt tomorrow to remove the stitches and find out when he can get back to it. Knows he'll have to take it easy but wants to get at least some activity back.

Hi All,
No real miles at all to report this week.
Just recovering from my MC accident and arthroscopy last Friday.
Knee is doing well, if a little stiff and sore. Not unexpected, I'm told.
Looking to get back onto treadmill or trainer after seeing Doc for followup tomorrow AM.
Won't be able to get in any serious miles between now and WDW, but will be back in shape and ready to give the Donald my all.

Patrick

Patrick

Thanks for the update and good for you. Know that you're over it, I can tell you that I was one of those lucky few who didn't do well with the initial recovery from the knee surgery. The darn thing swelled up like a balloon and wouldn't move at all. I went in to have it drained, silly me, I thought it would be like draining a blister, *******. I forgot the swelling was inside the knee, so the needle went inside the knee. PAIN! The cool part was they pulled out a needle full of fluid that looked like Dr. Pepper. That came out if me?

After I got it drained, my recovery went well and quickly. I wish the same for you.

Craig

Good Tuesday Morning !!!
Hi everyone !
Just back from follow-up with my Ortho.
Sutures are OUT! Coupla butterflies applied, told to just let em fall off.
Was going to prescribe PT, but as we talked, he said for his "motivated" patients, he lets them get back to what they were doing. Just be smart about stressing it. I mentioned that I have a few friends who tried to recover too much, too fast, and will learn from their lessons. Anyone out there know who I mean ?
Since Liz has all the exercises for her ACL, I'll do those, start light cycling tonite, and slowly work up the range of motion as directed.
Doc also suggested I do some swimming in a week or so. Will have to get out there and splash around a bit.
Looking so forward to getting some miles this week, even if it is just a few baby ones.

On to WDW !!!

Patrick

Congratulations Patrick

When I did the rehab on the 2 knee surgeries I did lots of biking. I had assumed bending the thing would be the problem, actually straightening it was more trouble. I was on the recumbent bike and while I biked I moved the seat forward and back every 5 minutes or so, closer to make it bend, farther to straighten it out. This seemed to break up the scar tissue and get the range of motion back.

Good luck with your rehab. Listen to your body and have fun.

Craig

Since we're about to fall off page 1, I'll reply to myself.

Today I was able to run 9 miles in 82:34, 9:10 per mile, just less thatn the 9:09 per mile pace necessary to break 2 for the half. I varied the pace a good bit for each mile, with the slowest mile in 9:40 and the fastest in 8:47. Basically I started easy, picked it up for a mile, picked it up again, then back to slower pace, then up, up again. I did this cycle 3 times in all. I'm hoping it trains my body to run hard and fast when necessary, and still relax, and that slowing down just a bit will allow my body to recover.

So far so good, at least today. The question is can I carry the same overall pace for 4.1 more miles, and honestly, I have no idea.

As a group we are at 19,893 miles since February. Give me your miles and hours and I'll post them in the master sheet, and when we go through 20,000 miles I'll let you know.

Best
Craig

Patrick good luck on the rehab. It sonds like your eager to get back into things. Take it slow and good luck on your recovery.

Craig sounds like your getting right where you want good luck in your race.

Miles for Week of Dec 8-14th

Running
52.5 miles
9 hours

Biking
120 miles
7 hours

Have a great week out there and heal up and be careful.

I was off most of the week due to illness. Here are my numbers:

Dec 8-14

Running
12 miles
1:44

Other (mostly biking)
38 miles
4:30

I did run back-to-back 2M and 4M races yesterday. I wanted to try breaking a sub-9:00 mile for the first time so I figured the 2M would be a great opportunity. Despite starting with a tough hill and stopping at the photographer instead of the finish line :headache: I still finished with a 8:10!

This unfortunately zapped me for the 4M but I still finished with an 8:58 pace. :cool1:

-steve

Hi guys...sorry I've been MIA. Total LTO for sure. :goodvibes

12/1 - 12/7
Miles: 77
Hours: 8.5

Last week was a complete ZERO. I'm back at it this week. Just give me big goose eggs Craig for 12/8 - 12/14. :sad2:

Hope everyone is well. Hang tough bunnies. Keep on training :).

Craig - glad to hear it went so well. Keep it up and I'm sure you'll do just great in Jan.

Ryley - phenom as always. Are you still riding outside or have been forced indoors like us? Got the trainers set up side-by-side so we can "race".

Steve - WTG! But next time maybe don't stop for the posed photo. ;)

Amy - yeah, when LTO it seems to do it big time at least around here. Hope it's all back to good. :thumbsup2

As for me, doing pretty good. Still looking forward to the full in Jan. Someone may have to remind me of that around mile 20. :scared:

Now for numbers:
12/8-12/14
Miles 23.2
Hours 3.8

Hope everyone has a great week!!

Hi everyone !

11.2 miles 67 minutes

Including doubling the 5k we did on Sunday.
Had no troubles with the knee doing the 5k.
Was strong and flexible, no issues keeping around 14min/mi pace with Liz.
She had a really strong start !!
Looks like if I can get a little more treadmill time, and lots of cycling, the Donald will not be a problem at all.
Now if only my ribs and back would quit, and I could sleep better...

Go Bunnies !!!

Patrick

December 8 - 14

Miles: 21.11
Time: 3 hours, 12 minutes

I ran on Tuesday (8.01 miles in 1:10:29 at a 8:48 pace) and Sunday (13.1 miles in 2:00:40 at a 9:13 pace).

Other than the pesky and painfull lingering PF issue, I am doing pretty well. Looking forward to Disney and the Goofy Challenge!

Great job everyone!

:grouphug:

Howard

Thank you everybody. This will be really short, since the bear has me pinned down in my office.

I am caught up to this point, and our grand total is 20,433 miles.

I believe congratulations are in order for everyone.

So . . . Congratulations :wizard:

Craig

Hey guys! I know I am coming from one of the "opposing" teams but I wanted to congratulate all of you for the wonderful job you have all done!! The first and only team to break the 20,000 mile mark with 3 weeks to spare!! That's an incredible feat! Truly inspiring!

I guess that's pretty much it. I just wanted you all to know that!

You guys are awesome!
Bryan

Hi Team,

Just checking in with my Dec 8-14 numbers:

hours: 5.0
miles: 25.9

My training this week has been so-so. DH and I both had a flu bug on Wednesday last week, and I was fatigued for my long run on Thursday. I made the distance (11 mi), but had to slow down after mile 9. I had a nice tempo run on Sunday, but had big problems with my first 'speed' workout. :headache: I couldn't make the distance I was supposed to. Not sure what I'll do for next week, but I think I'll reduce the speed to a number I think I can make, and go from there.

Having not been able to complete the 'speed' workout, I threw some race pace running into my run yesterday. Although it was difficult, I managed it, so I'm feeling more hopeful again. I think I'm going to use a different plan for my next half.

Good work this year Rabbits! Although I was only a minor contributor to the miles (I was almost exclusively running - not too much biking from me), I enjoyed the accountability of reporting miles.

My numbers for the week 12/8 - 12/14

Hours: 5.88
Miles: 63.93

Patrick - I hope your knee is recovering well

Steve - sounds like you had a good race despite being sick the week before. I hope you got a good photo

Carol - I'm sorry your runs didn't go as planned this week. They were probably just tough because you were still recovering from the flu bug.

Craig - it sounds like your training is going well

Amy, Liz, Howard, Rich - :wave2:

:santa:
Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter