• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Team 8 Jessica's Rabbits Bios and Info

Congrats Rabbits on 20,000 miles. What a great job by one and all.

Liz stuck inside on the bike but still running out. For me I can't do the treadmill always outside.

Thanks everyone, I am caught up to here.

I'm afraid things haven't gone well here this weekend. A brutal 48 hour storm dumped 24 inches + on snow on the house, and I spent the weekend outside with Martha digging everything out. I have planned on 13.11 today, but I was so fatigued I knew it wouldn't happen.

Plus, I tore my right hamstring last year 2 weeks before the marathon, and I realized after the fact, it was due to shoveling snow. There is a spot on the hamstring which feels the stress when I'm moving snow, and that spot is where the tear and blood was last December.

Well, in spite of trying to be super-careful, after shoveling all weekend, that same spot on the right legs hurts. It's not torn, but it's really sore. I've stretched and massaged the spot, and I'll not run until Wednesday. Needless to say, if the thing tears again before the race because of snow shoveling, I'll do something rash.

Man, the weather in New England just bites. If I lose another WDW marathon because of a nor'easter, I'll be zero fun to be around next month.

Craig

Sorry to hear about your hamstring Craig. I hope you can take it easy and get healed up!

My numbers for Dec 15-21:

Running
21.7 miles
4:30

Other (mostly biking)
45.1 miles
4:20

Stay warm bunnies!

-steve

Craig hope you heal up before the Marathon that would really stink. The snow missed us just brutally cold. It was minus 18 when i went out running on yesterday. My wife has finally decide i'm insane after running in the Ice strom and that cold.:lmao:

Miles
running
52.5 miles
9.5 hours

biking
120 miles
7 hours

Everyone have a great holiday and be careful out there.

Happy Sunday Everybody

In 10 short days many of us will be trying to relax and get some good sleep before the half marathon. It's so close and we've worked so hard in the past few months, it will be great to finally get to race day.

If you could get me your numbers after the new year, for the period December 22 through 31, I will put them into the master spreadsheet. We're really close to 21,000 miles for the year, so once I have everyone's results we'll clearly be through that number.

I was able to run a quick and comfortable 10 today, 9:35 average pace per mile. Now for the half I need 30 seconds per mile faster and 3 miles more of distance and I'll break 2 hours. I care a bunch about my time for the half, and if I can get my target time on Saturday, I'll try very hard to relax and enjoy Sunday's full marathon.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas Day.

Best

Craig

Hi everyone! I haven't been running much to try to rest my plantar faciitus, I managed to get out a couple times though including a 16.53 mile run today (10:35 pace).

December 15 - 28

Miles: 22.53
Time: 3 hours, 50 minutes

I have decided to run the 5K fairly easy with my DS on Friday of Marathon Weekend, run a sub 2 half and enjoy the Marathon at my best possible time given what I am execting to be a painful plantar faciitus issue after the two other runs. I can live with that.

Goals:

5K - :30
Half - 1:55
Marathon - 4:30

Craig~ Good luck with the balance of your training.

I hope to see some of you really soon!

:grouphug:

Howard

Hi Rabbits hope everyone had a great Christmas. Have a great and safe New Year.

Miles
Running Dec 22-28
52.5 miles
9.5 hours

Biking
120 miles
7.5 hours

Have a great week and be safe Rich

Hi Team,

I hope everyone is enjoying the season.

I decided to cut out a few days of training before Christmas so that I could heal my aches and pains, and have time to get everything ready. That plan seemed to work fairly well, since I did my 12.5 mile run on Dec 26.

I was planning on keeping to my schedule this week, unfortunately my MIL has been in the hospital, so we've had to do some traveling and lots of time sitting around, and I've missed some runs this week. The good news is that I'll still make my 100 miles for December (barely!). Also, now that I've got 13.1 miles of moving forward, under my belt, I feel ready enough to finish the half-marathon. Bring it on!

Numbers:

Dec 15-21
hours: 4.9
miles: 25.5

I will post up the final numbers for Dec, today or tomorrow. (I'm planning to run today, but not tomorrow)

Oh my...I hope you are all doing well. I apologize for a total drive-by post, I'm super busy :).

Here are my numbers...sorry for the delay:

12/15 - 12/21:

62 Miles
8 Hours

12/22 - 12/28:

60 Miles
7 Hours

Will follow up with the last 3 days tomorrow, will have to see how many miles I can squeeze into my day ;).

Final Year Numbers:

Dec 22-31
Hours: 4.5
Miles: 23.3

Looking forward to meeting some of you at WDW next weekend!

Happy New Year's Eve Everyone

I am caught up to this point, and we are at 21,400 miles for the year. Amazing and congratulations to all. When you all give me those last bits I'll finalize the year 2008 sheet report the grand total.

I was able to blast out a good one today. Mile 1 in 9:30, then each mile a bit quicker, around 9:10 per mile, then 8:55 and then 8:45 for the rest of 4.37 miles, 1/3 of the half marathon. I finished in 39:30, comfortable the entire time, so if I feel good on the 10th and the weather cooperates I may get the result I want. Of course if it's icky and/or my legs feel like garbage I may implode somewhere on the course. I guess that's the reason for race day, to see what happens.

Best to all

Craig

Great year everyone! Best of luck to everyone running at the World. Have a great time.

My final numbers are:

Dec 22-31

Running
9.7 miles
1:52 hours

Other (mostly biking)
61.4 miles
4:46 hours

Happy New Year!!!

-steve

Happy New Year to Everyone! party:

My final numbers for 2008

Dec 22- 31

8.5 hours
82.5 miles

I'm looking forward to seeing WISHers next week :goodvibes

Kathy

Craig, do you just want us to post Jan 1-11 numbers next Sunday?

I've got a little bad news and good news. Due to several circumstances, we need to cancel our Disneyland Half-Marathon trip. It's a bummer as I was really looking forward to it. :sad1: I'm still running in a few local half marathons this year which I'm almost as excited about so it's not a big deal. I may try to get to Disneyland for the 2010 half and pick up the extra medal.

The good news is that we also need to move our December '09 WDW trip with friends out a month which will put is there Marathon weekend! That will be my first full marathon. I really hope I get to meet some of you there next year.

Now I just need to figure out what to do about my signature. Running to WDW would be over 3127 miles which would require almost 7.5 miles per day! Maybe I'll throw in my biked miles too.

Have a great week everyone!

-steve

Hey everyone -

Sorry to be lagging behind in posting but holidays, WDW trip, etc. You know...

So here we go:

12/15 - 12/21
Liz
17.75 miles
4.75 hrs

Patrick
10.19 miles
40 min

12/21 - 12/31
Liz
55.5 miles
5.3 hrs

Patrick
5.4 miles
2 hrs

Good luck to everyone going to WDW this weekend and hope to see you at the meet!

Thanks Liz and Patrick, your inputs close us out for the year.

Our grand total was 21,768 miles, and 3,087 hours, pretty amazing numbers. Everyone has contributed so consistently, that's been the key to our success. I wish everyone well for the new year, and I'm sure I'll see many of you this weekend. I'm already there, or here, actually, sitting in our villa at the Boardwalk. Nice and comfy outside, nothing like the last 2 years. Thank goodness.

Steve

I'm sorry to hear you lost the September Disneyland race, but glad to hear you will be at the WDW marathon in 52 weeks. Good luck with your building for next year's event.

About 2009, I am going to step away from all of this. I very much appreciate the help you all provided during the year, it's just that I have too much stuff that I have to do already, and although this was enjoyable stuff, it was another requirement of me. If any of you know how to duplicate human beings I would like to give it a try, since I'm always getting pulled in too many directions all the time.

My best wishes to everyone. I've met so many of the group, 7 of the 11 remaining, and hope to meet you other 4 soon.

Craig

Hey guys...another drive-by...I'm in a major push with lots of work, training and family responsibilities. Here are my final numbers for the year Craig. I think we only needed to post until the end of the year...forgot to add my final numbers...not that they add much...

Miles: 32
Hours: 4

Happy New Year to all of you. Good luck to those running at Disney this year. :goodvibes

Hello Rabbits I hope evryone had a great race at WDW.

MIles for Jan 1-8

Running
miles 52.5
hours 9.5

Biking
120 miles
7 hours

Craig if no one wants to key in numbers for rabbits let me know how to do it and i should be able to help out. Rich

Be safe out there and have fun

Hello rabbits I see everyone is hibernating.

Two weeks of miles
Jan 9-15
running
52.5 miles
9.25 hours

biking
120 miles
7.5 hours

Jan 15-22
running
51 miles
8.75 hours

biking
140 miles
8.5 hours

Have fun out there and be safe Rich

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter