TDL Hotel (With No View) vs Miracosta (Venice View)

steve76

Mouseketeer
For my upcoming trip I’ve been debating whether to stay at the TDL Hotel or the Miracosta. Looking at recent prices, within my budget I can afford a room at the TDL Hotel (a standard room on 4-9F, i.e. no particular view) or a room at the Miracosta on the Venice side, for about the same price. It would be for 5 nights.

I’m interested to hear from people that have stayed at both about which they would stay at. I visited both hotels in 2011 but haven’t stayed at either. For me, the TDL Hotel arguably has the nicer lobby, has a better convenience store and the rooms are much more to my taste. The Miracosta has arguably the very slightly better location and the nicer view, however (whilst I loved the hotel) I remember being surprised by how small and smoky the lobby was. Whilst some of the views of Venice look incredible, some (on lower levels near the spa/pool) look much less spectacular. Looking online, a common view is that the TDL Hotel is the better hotel but the Miracosta has the better location/view.

I know that there is almost nothing in it, which is why I’m having so much trouble. Which hotel would people stay at? Am I crazy for overthinking it?!?

Smoky lobby? Was that before the hotel went fully non-smoking like a decade ago?

One of my friends frequently stays at both and seems to do the TDL hotel more often if that means anything. I usually stay at the Sheraton so I can't really speak from personal experience which one has better rooms but I also like the TDL hotel lobby more.

Smoky lobby? Was that before the hotel went fully non-smoking like a decade ago?
I guess so. I remember I visited the hotel a couple of times and the lobby stank of smoke each time. I didn't notice it anywhere else. If they've gone non-smoking then that will be a huge improvement!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter