Taste of Universal Food Event

Kyjin

Mouseketeer
Is anyone here checking out Universal's limited time food event? They extended it an extra weekend through April 11th, which is right after my boyfriend and my vaccines take full effect, so we just bought tickets. Curious if anyone else is taking the plunge! (Decided this was a better move for us instead of the Disney event due to price, distance, and number of food tastings.)

We are going next Sunday. I’m trying to do some food recon but it seems everyone is getting the same items.

We went today. Food items we had included:
Shepherd's Pie - amazing as always
Butterbeer (cold and hot) - love the cold!
Sticky Toffee Bread Pudding - first time trying and was pleasantly surprised! Very good!
Butterbeer Ice Cream - pass... does not taste like butterbeer at all - more like vanilla with a chocolate swirl
Krusty Burger - good burger, but just a burger
The Big Pink (donut) - great dessert to split and bring home
Minion Cafe Nachos - okay
Grilled Cheese with Meatballs - tastes like a meatball sub. Did not have high hopes for this one and was suprised how much we liked it.
Hot Chicken Sandwich - my son liked it enough to eat every bite. It was huge. He said it wasn't hot/spicy at all but a good piece of chicken.

Be prepared to wait in line. Since very few food places are open and most food items only available at one location, lines are long.

Overall, great value for your $$. And, it was great to see the new Pets area, Minion Cafe and view of the new Mario area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!