Target Black Friday deal

I'm calling my local Target tomorrow to verify this. It would be awesome if it works.

If you call your target I would bet they tell you it doesn't work on gift cards including Disney. I seem to go thru the same song and dance with employees about them being entertainment cards and they don't believe me until the coupon scans and works or the 5% red card discount comes off. I think we honestly won't have confirmation until someone tries it the first day.

rebbyparker said:
I'm calling my local Target tomorrow to verify this. It would be awesome if it works.

It is usually useless to ask a Target employee anything. I really don't remember ever receiving a correct answer from a Target employee.

If you call your target I would bet they tell you it doesn't work on gift cards including Disney. I seem to go thru the same song and dance with employees about them being entertainment cards and they don't believe me until the coupon scans and works or the 5% red card discount comes off. I think we honestly won't have confirmation until someone tries it the first day.

Grrr, I really want to know ahead of time...

::yes:: I can't tell you how many times I've been told that the 5% doesn't apply to Disney Gift Cards. I always say something along the lines of how I was going to purchase them anyhow and voila! pixiedust: $100.00 worth of Disney Entertainment Cards for $95.00.

I think that's where the confusion comes in - the employees think they are gift cards but they are Entertainment Cards.

I'm going to buy what I need Dec 1st regardless of whether the coupon works or not. It'll just be added savings for me if it works. I doubt I'll be the first in line, but I'll report as soon as I know how it goes for me.

Here's my plan:

Buy $750 in Target gift cards from Kroger = earn 3000 fuel points, redeemable for $1 off 35 gallons of gas 3 times = $105 savings

Purchase $750 in Disney cards at Target X 20% BF coupon = $150 savings

Earn 3% cash back on Kroger purchase from credit card = $22.50 savings

Save $227.50 TOTAL = Approx. 30%!!!

I don't have a RedCard so this seems like the best way for me.

::evil laugh::

Ok I called Target On Line got no answers, so I called customer service at my local store still no help. So I called Target General Customer service still no help someone somewhere should know beforehand if we can Disney Gift cards but I don't know who:confused3

And of course I'll be at the a Wilderness Lodge during the Dec 1-7 purchase dates. I guess I'll have to leave my discount with a family member if this works! Arghh

Subbing in. Our trip won't be until next October. We are not sure what our plans will be; either the dolphin with Starwood points or on site if there is free dining.

Either way, going to price out a trip both ways and probably try to get the lower amount. If I get them rung up and the coupon doesn't work I will walk way. This would be amazing!

Ok I called Target On Line got no answers, so I called customer service at my local store still no help. So I called Target General Customer service still no help someone somewhere should know beforehand if we can Disney Gift cards but I don't know who:confused3

You don't frequent slickdeals.net do you? The first rule to every deal is DO NOT CALL. All calling will do is potentially tip someone off that will buy what you're looking for or in this case, change the deal to exclude the entertainment calls. Better off spending $75 on BF, trying it out the next week and if it doesn't work you can always return your $75 purchase.

You don't frequent slickdeals.net do you? The first rule to every deal is DO NOT CALL. All calling will do is potentially tip someone off that will buy what you're looking for or in this case, change the deal to exclude the entertainment calls. Better off spending $75 on BF, trying it out the next week and if it doesn't work you can always return your $75 purchase.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

The first rule to every deal is DO NOT CALL. All calling will do is potentially tip someone off that will buy what you're looking for or in this case, change the deal to exclude the entertainment calls. Better off spending $75 on BF, trying it out the next week and if it doesn't work you can always return your $75 purchase.

Agree. The biggest problem I see is that there will not be large amounts of Disney cards available for purchase. During the $10 coupon deal last year, I visited several stores trying to get cards and often they would only have a couple left.

So if it does work, you probably have to be one of the first ones in to scoop up all the cards.

Has anyone been able to confirm if the 20% Will be stackable with the Pharmacy rewards discount? I know 20% says it's not combinable with other storewide coupons, so thinking it wine be.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Too funny. Right you are. They crucify you over at Slickdeals for that infraction!:thumbsup2

Please don't call Target. I am a Target T.M. and have seen the coupon/details in my work space.

They are locked away until Midnight Friday. Even if a Target T.M. knows about the deal, they can't share.

Not a matter of being stupid/useless :mad: ... just a matter of doing our jobs :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter