Talk about a windfall!

tammy1210

Mouseketeer
I went to my GYN yesterday for a check-up - as I was checking out the receptionist said I didn't owe anything because I had a credit - I asked her how that happened as I hadn't been there in two years. She said she didn't know (very short - rude :confused3 ) - so I asked her how much the credit was - she said, "$734.15!!!!!! I told her there must be a mistake - she informed me I needed to call insurance/billing - but would need to call as they don't speak to walk-ins......so I went outside and called from my cell phone:rotfl: - they looked it up and YES - it was from when I had ds in 2000 - they switched computer systems right about the same time - I apparently paid per their plan, but then insurance kicked in more than expected after he was born and the credit got lost - she said that they had found several like this from that month/year just recently - so they're sending me a check - 2.5 weeks before WDW!!!:banana:

Wow! What a great surprise for you, and obviously perfect timing! :cool1:

Wow - what a wonderful thing to happen right before vacation
11.gif

Good news on the windfall, but I'd be a little ticked off that it took them that long to give me the money. I'd also wonder what other mistakes they'd made with my money.

I used to try to match every medical bill with the insurance and what I'd paid, but once we got to four kids it just got impossible. The same thing could easily happen to me. I always just pay what they bill me and who knows if it's right?

Sheila

Regardless how long it took them, it came at the perfect time!! (at least for me it would be :goodvibes ). I am so happy for you!! If your trip is all paid for, maybe you could do something extra special at Disney that you might not have done~ fireworks cruise, BBB......just a thought.

Have a great trip!!!

I hate to be a party pooper,but If the ins.co.over pays It must go back to the ins co.Be for you spend it call your ins ask them if the money is really yours,I work for a dr,and we see this all the time It really is the ins co money.

I hate to be a party pooper,but If the ins.co.over pays It must go back to the ins co.Be for you spend it call your ins ask them if the money is really yours,I work for a dr,and we see this all the time It really is the ins co money.

Nope - our State Health Plan had recently changed over to a PPO plan - but the dr.'s office had me on the regular 80/20 pay plan - so I paid what I would have paid under that, and not just the co-pays. So, the insurance company didn't overpay - I did. The dr's office kind of freaks you out with their maternity pay plan - they make you sign this form as they tell you what your monthly payment will be that if everything is not paid in full by your six month they won't treat you/deliver - of course, I was young and naive then....

I'd be asking where the interest is that they earned on your money over the last 7 years, seriously!!

I'd be asking where the interest is that they earned on your money over the last 7 years, seriously!!

You know - I did say something like that yesterday to dh, but honestly, I'm so happy about the timing and too excited about WDW to worry about it! :banana: The trip is paid for, we've got the dining plan, so we're REALLY going to enjoy the trip now!

Good for you!! I hope you think of something extra special to do with your windfall - maybe something you've always talked yourself out of because it was more than you wanted to spend?? What a fun surprise. I'm like you - I'd be ticked for a moment about the lost interest, but then I'd get over it (human error) and just enjoy the moment!! :goodvibes

Talk about pixie dust! How awesome, enjoy that extra fun money!

Allyson

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter