Tale as Old as Time...a Feb 2017 Princess 5k and B-Day Trip! NEW 4/7 THE END of our trip!!

Caught up! Wow, you really have some beautiful photos in these posts. And wow, did you two ever pack a ton of awesomeness into a short timeframe. Happy you got a chance to have breakfast with Billie :goodvibes And the Star Wars tour... OMG :chewy: SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!! Your meal at Tiffins looked and sounded absolutely amazing. Excited you'll get another crack at that place this May :thumbsup2 Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Good grief! I am seriously late here! Saving my space now and going back to read - may take a while to do so, but what is a sickleave good for other than catching up on TRs! ::yes::

Hi Karin! Oh no, sick leave?! Hope you feel better soon! That's my favorite thing to do when I'm at home sick...read DisBoard TRs!!

It's so great that the tour guides truly love Star Wars and were so enthusiastic, it definitely adds to the experience! It's also great that you had your own entrance for TGMR.. but the popcorn was a terrific bonus. :lovestruc Also everything at the dessert party looked delicious!

Thanks! We had a great tour. Definitely a great activity for a Star Wars fan.

Tiffins looks beautiful as well. I have never considered eating there, but both of your desserts looked phenomenal. I'll have to look into it for another trip!

To tell you the truth I had overlooked this restaurant too because when I first glanced at the menu it had the same vibe as Skipper Canteen in MK which we tried and were underwhelmed with. BUT after eating at Tiffins I can say that there is no comparison, this is a signature restaurant and the food is 10x the level of Skipper Canteen which I don't think we'll return to. So I say give it a try, you will be surprised!

I'm almost embarrassed to post now because I've fallen so far behind :rolleyes1

Ariane, I'm always happy to hear from you at any time! I know I'm posting so quickly because my next trip is in about 50 days and so I want to make sure this is done before that trip or I'll never get around to completing this TR on time, LOL

So glad to read yet another positive review of the Wave breakfast buffet! We are trying it for the first time next Monday and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm not a yogurt person but the parfait flavors have me intrigued.................

I believe I had one parfait and one fruit cup...or maybe two parfaits...:rolleyes1
It's a really great buffet and it wasn't crowded and you're not bumping into people all over the place. Very enjoyable!

I know later in your TR you said you loved it. We saw it Sunday morning - OMG :love: I cannot believe how wonderful it is! My future DIL wants to see it and I said I have absolutely no problem at all going to see it again!

OMG I loved it! I've been listening to the soundtrack...I am really enjoying it too. I know Emma Watson isn't exactly the greatest singer (you can kinda hear the auto-tuning a bit the more you listen to her). But I thought she gave Belle a nice twist. I thought Gaston (Luke Evans) and LeFou were amazing as well as all the household characters, Mrs, Potts, Lumiere, etc. I was a little confused by Beast's strange long horns...looked a bit like a ram. But it's ok I loved the movie and I'm totally going to see it again, probably in a few weeks!

I LOVE this. I have the Runway Princess Dooney from a couple years ago but I want this one now. Of course I've never run a half marathon......but if I get this I may tell strangers who ask "Yes, yes I did run the Princes half" :D

The bag is so cute! I also like the Runway one, I saw it and almost bought it. Still haven't used it but I guess I'm just waiting for the right occasion. Hehe. You can totally say you ran the half...no one would know, :)

That's a big tour! Nice kids can do this one.
Aren't the headsets great? If weren't for them I'd be nodding my head at the guides pretending I had some idea of what they were saying lol

i think there were 25 people, I counted a lot of kids so that's probably why. The headsets were great! Yeah if we didn't have them I'm sure the tour would be 1/3 as interesting as it was!

Fantastic! You were the VIP's of the VIP's!

We totally were! We paid extra for the privilege, so you bet I'm going to get my desserts before everyone else! :lmao:

This is the one that sounds the best to me. Overall the drinks sound much better than the ones at the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM dessert party.

It tasted like jungle juice with alcohol, can't go wrong with that, lol. I did like that creamy white Russian type drink at Jingle Bell and Jingle Bam. It reminded me of when I actually drank white Russians in college...:rolleyes1

Yeah....I thought the original SW fireworks show was one of the best. I was disappointed when the changed it and that this one doesn't have as many actual fireworks. However last Aug. DH and I watched some of them from WS in Epcot and they're still really pretty.

Yup my thoughts exactly! The fireworks before were so wide and large and timed perfectly to the music! It was great. This one is more about the "show" rather than the pyrotechnics. I totally think it's a cost-cutting thing...:( But still, I'm a sucker for anything Star Wars...:)

We're eating there on Sunday for the first time and I'm so excited! I won't be eating a fish with it's head on lol, but still looking forward to it very much. We have the dining package, too. Glad to hear you love it so much :) I will do my best not to fall 4 pages behind again!

You will have a great time! Just make sure to verify the show time with your server...spoiler alert: our server told us the wrong time for the show. And we had to run...like really run...faster than we did in the 5k...:crazy2:

Caught up! Wow, you really have some beautiful photos in these posts. And wow, did you two ever pack a ton of awesomeness into a short timeframe. Happy you got a chance to have breakfast with Billie :goodvibes And the Star Wars tour... OMG :chewy: SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!! Your meal at Tiffins looked and sounded absolutely amazing. Excited you'll get another crack at that place this May :thumbsup2 Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Hi Tracy!! Thank you! Since it was so crowded we could only do our FP rides and very little else. So we spent a lot of time eating and taking pictures, LOL.
The Star Wars tour was great! It was worth the price we paid and our guides did a great job. Tiffins was wonderful. I can't wait to eat there again!

-FdYBagrqGnoaFOgxyLi8MY63cqpmj7N9kBButD03PfVrLgu0DdBMOnGTaP-zUWzNLDkcBHOq-JEuKpc5EeuTB2uK2whKChJfIGPKQylSoCjAehgghpwipPG9FYOw9VBQWRVNW9WVFoxS8DZB6J19hj-GSuXNmjjDgTZoEZyC4g0CuZB-YrTdBc5BM6Yz3TRUwhDel9NBZNlo4v-CHtu8ag8dyMYWdXCvd7fk5GNDAobexF_EDsjti4e8GpeH_9BfWZ7U67X9Kh4nz7cvNx3dGQc7Yr06Uu5qN6HUnwyrs0TKDEJhGWQTSKJZGlaRrsIXDWGsysDIhPaWIbLIJbph1-b1MqLQPJPBD164u9NVpDLxuoruWrnY08cheOszAMTolJ_GV-R5pquk3i0TMYHlT9YCt2ocquG6BWaHK9LCHw_cvdyu2x-7jw7MwYd4x2cg-IVDyOWRKDfFrUkg_y_8WcfTNHYIrSHWerXrWyHJDjvCJeZZ2RDM09IT8YnupjoE16ECOtzXqVzJuII5GbHIcJTmvkPHmz4WprrCdwrSUTmBcZ4Rczch8rFpFk2Wxy03M8y9fxCPGK_fqjVyhS2Tlbqo-966IvmwIS0Xex_ChxSEzr5q-lo5Q=w426-h638-no

Su-Lynn, i love that pink Mickey and Minnie top you have.

Hope it's not too late to follow along! I just read your DL TR and followed the link here. Congrats on finishing the 5K, you took so many pictures and it looked like you had a great time. I don't run but would love to do a Disney 5k some day, probably at DL. DBF also loves Gaston (especially during the first half of the new movie) because he's such a manly man...I think it's a guy thing :laughing: The Star Wars tour looked awesome and that is a reasonable price for a VIP experience considering how expensive other premium add ons are at Disney! And your lunch at Tiffins looks ah-mazing. I pretty much only ever had whole fish growing up and love it, but I know some people find it off putting so it's great that they are a little more adventurous with the menu.

I also have to say I love the themed shirts and dresses you wear to the parks! Especially the pink off the shoulder one. And the tortoiseshell sunglasses are super cute, it makes me want to get a pair, haha.

Hello! I am joining in!!!! I am super late but I am all caught up! Congrats on finishing the 5K, it looked fun! The getting up so early is really what gets me...

This is a really cool photo! Love it!

Here's Abu whom we saw at Morocco, of course. But his face looks so funny. Like drunken Abu. Hahaha. I posted this on Instagram and everyone agreed!

AgQBZ8ImsydpTmQ0u9q3_Bvun1dfFlaIbAtA_sKSqnK752-Cz-pOjKWuEsaukIpYSE6oozFg33RIgYdO2aux_Dskfa06qpWMjYcAK27WzE502FxHEcAmKHPx9WPJ1kJIHRR-8Si1KL3_LAFc-EFAVCMCZl7HrkCa1gPQVsglzcn7pKSPbDtm4GFzYhVWiesrAkBeNLikfeGvwr7ykrLgoSs9kL2YaaYN-cm7kWu9Ynpe9WU-N4yWuSJt4ymRRX9iF8GyxO35bzxCY6GZBHH1yElLtBsrn2zwTKSucO8W1z-dyS5pcPany16pTNjivd8wpgS2LMVJq-ZvhlZeEvwvTcp3IwnQ0u6wdDyeKfUGX9DlW9_5ptuzR7roHKO0q9jvF3z2aLDFSDw1ChkxRInNQVCOYJ4er7iR7VcvnaTKVrUGXMcClNFyh9CxDa01p8Qk7EkdmUJlofFBEfQptgbisD7_0gsAzndnXF3MA0UfVulLeETn8OyY2NF8IbGbd3gM_eYigtkm5mdHM3FS_k-D2eZ9vKvwRbBybASV-ynRygqFsvaadRr5b4oVqqyhfaYXUsrMk3jYZUindSZ0eeK-5_3YNw6ZQtY0tpl_B-_3aA5eeQEqlDq-cg=w479-h638-no
OK, this Abu SERIOUSLY looks drunk or something....

At France we saw Cinderella's mice! Not Gus Gus, but the other ones.

JCUtK5tJ0hiI6clME1Qq9xsYP8_gGxr6zm9Ha70UPkIPh2ibawrFEh2ig46Pkhtnd1HKIPX_qKvXcwrHRwJlIQJBGFpyfyur0_-TR_5kdx5MOS2lLGdTX9AYV4jE41VOXgPJ0jE6_UAA_6HQzHI32I2keDedRs9EevgWCRte-KyaaY40jiRnI79DiHjsRrSFuUMvDosxpHsR34uPxen3YwLkZtbwZ-dqa8T5UhxkoILjRA7fnpmagGSvrKSRMCHsTsdokkMwcVL1ob3dXr_fagxWudWIk8E_X648rVb-PjSRMJf6TBqo-jpmIY6lkmscQFgYWjwbg7Xz81I_wcjH1y1YVNZU21qcBIiBO1bFUyekUA33zasUWEEUyvdEr1EynVoA0AaMYovd3gVTqyEA0k6ozslDg8XChMPCBh4YIHDmAmC_utYsK_kvry8fUKKSzkqvo9e_JggMlz83dhpD9yVzeuHTRna_BaePwfF5l9B7qzi-nh9lJpGIFXf9ImzJXIymZlMC6IW_RZPwDa_Qkk1GFca4nCv3mcHWO5l_1rqRQ7sl5Bj7uJ8X9IUUgu9fJLJIYkF3MD0qhjXovZowXNGj2BADsDVZgxheGcQTuXBKS4Dx8ERQqg=w850-h638-no
Do they have names?

OK It wasn't that bad everyone. If I can do it on a bad ankle I think anyone can. It was a lot of fun to be in the company of other people who were having fun too. Definitely a lot of women at this race. I don't think DH minded one bit though. :)
I love that you guys did it together. DH and I did a regular 5K once together and it was horrible! But we didn't have characters to stop and meet and awesome scenery!

I really think they should make Backlot Express permanently into Rebel Hangar,
I would love this! I am sad we missed all of that fun stuff! We are planning on trying both of your meal selections we are there in September.

This was one of the first iterations of the title of Episode 6. George Lucas said that Jedi do not get "revenge" so the title was changed to "Return of the Jedi." Also the light saber colors are wrong. Luke is depicted with a red light saber instead of Vader and vice versa on Vader's light saber.
I would never have noticed. But DH probably knows just from mentioning it. Just this morning my DD's were "quizzing" DH on Star Wars trivia. I love star wars but the rest of my family put me to shame!

Sadly there is no seating, except for limited benches around the area but I loved being inside Launch Bay for the dessert parties, just so much more atmosphere and you can actually see what you are eating!
We did a dessert party last Feb and I got to take a survey about it. One of my biggest complaints is the lack of seating! Why can't they have seats?!?

When we got back to our dessert table I was checking my phone and then a Stormtrooper came up behind me and asked for my ID! OMG Stormtrooper selfie time!! I've waited a whole year for them to come take a picture with me and they always ignore me but now was my chance!

oSs1XNg3NxuWHm_wWwCU5vSzgWaAkC3m0KeQxIq4d-1UKVyjcA4__khKP3Tx-Z6wPSz23F_JghXTixTcKSlL6QVPk3dFKULOUi4Zpd_1h1xucdxzb-KyvjzDg0kyKargrCUSZDP4wNFZTbf8pzKhyiUrSqN3neWb0OWEWDm04ROt3dL-2ZQERt4eOcnVNCL5XVjGqQxe4EaxwXdsnkvlBBP7iwXV0bh3DI2O-EReS-2AmYjUHHQ9N1D92If0vIwKd53hAQ95kG0mH9CvgsbOMa4g09_3BRdKmwugwxgODJ9u-ddVIJlV3gPFxRVqtoB8yGFCNNt5KkhJ7iftbYT4a-1yz_-y4tCEcPb-sk1aHwaWUGMvFzxLxKQFRV8UWdlnD_Wj6P2oPiYS79MltFJQbn8K1JN9vDl5RBHZCUlRysBNhwt-s9BD2gNq5KfvfzUkYTLC8CzODhfiCo28NFBZbGlBNMKcZNZ-RoLkGpNW-nIO7RdZfq_XaL-4yktv5FfWwHymuyp17FdtRwxNZhL7FRQWdo8K3DDNy6t24sYrS14eKqIoNu1XvhI9rhIquuhhXEJISTOWkXnvTMjpgzFK--lB4BPCOA7cmnv7SSajmoC1XkVFz-K1nw=w479-h638-no
Awesome!

Update from last post: I forgot to mention that you get a souvenir to take home with the Star Wars dessert party - Chewie mugs! Everyone in the dessert party got one not only the tour people, which makes the price of this dessert party a little more bearable. Since we got two from last year's dessert party we gave these away to my brother in laws. LOL.
WE have 4 or those from our dessert party! That was my other complain, a choice of mug! I wish we could have at least chose from two options... I guess my suggestions weren't enough for guest demand for change!

The VIP tour sounds great! Imagine what they will have once Star Wars Land is open!

Catching up, don't mind me!

So, after commenting on how smart it was that you guys stayed at the airport hotel overnight, today I booked myself a night there for my last minute trip down in a couple weeks! if it weren't for your TR I would never had thought of it and would have missed Easter/birthday dinner!

We saw Daisy! I love Daisy and never get to see her. So it was a must-do for me to stop

She's my favorite and I haven't seen her in a couple of trips - gotta try and find her this year!

I started laughing at this picture because the woman in blue looks like she's posing for you.

The Star Wars tour sounds like a lot of fun! If I do a solo trip later in the year I may do that.

Tiffins sounds great and seriously, these are adorable French presses.

Day 4 Part 2: Wait, what time is Rivers of Light?!?

After our painstakingly LOOONG travel time from AK to Epcot we realized we missed our first FP+ for Spaceship Earth...I did not bother trying to explain to the CM at the FP line or rebooking it. I didn't really want to go on it in any case...it was too slow moving of a ride for that moment. I needed something FAST so it was fitting that our next FP+ was for Test Track!!

I feel the need for SPEED!!

bWzhbEpC0JFxL2I2RCfnRVCKnjom8JEssNnejUMpuTWi-EiIBNuqu-aoP01cxC4OGIBQV045x22nClzxs1vf_UjROg-CYCGlYffuP52j66cih2k5tOa4uGCDJqsQb9LpM3enV880w--BoScVgvm4kY0PXrstoinufky254PXv5hHUChChZy_RgC1PbdUEAaSdUerjsVVzghWqWTab1DPQ-vk-X3jItLA0CFGPISLdHMPcpe11WogctsxBznRPGhp-AapXLI3StHMQdfWgR-ZY2GvHSUzR7cNNsUmWmiTrpltnjm77SxzM0LxTz7o1T9KIvASbHrYhgrJ98WUDQluvn1eYnnNODUe0zMY2xlGsxzLhf4vS-H-HYaA2VVJgNUd04ncDgFDWHwXqLsDmiRdox86RT_Pq4XT-JL7iLvSTtBMx3G9YZ7QBJPWTSFIpZjNx_uwS9cjVQfENJ2ZDYlo01dmtlm8RgmK_eU-2jxmoQ_R0qKBJiOrWgBo79b0jaJ2KEORG_Bd1i_GPCkaDotJsIF-3HjVg2Os7diZVcWUSY0dsguuyaWbpuSX1k7W5iFon6-l_MH5BiJdZ53dDra0L4ELydqoPTw36Lni_IsZpFaq9gsGquTIyg=w850-h638-no

This was the strange little car we created. Haha. I always create the girliest looking car so I know which one is mine during the ride.

kQNNIooEzelwBq8ULQXUexKjgTDuTHNSKg5ZAFkyqpvAPP761PLMnqO-3ffiDYkbd7CislavfHbn4skcHUTcHmkRpN7pUzh3ImOwRn0S9FAELFzqQ2BLLuW2PlELQkNoVERD0lF1E9xF4JugKuzHHuTYnbq37Jh6_ElaAVmKVH_g_e4oRyqWptPc279MkfF3VwblJ9Ysdbhc7MQkpTybXS0f6VtQiCe_vwWgQmcM-CWTodlIV_IaGBTMYP3T1DtYl3AgYC5wyULozvbHOkU5wEVnFC1_FZAEgaWu6Bk5Bd8Cdh1yrIGfOn3IZDpgLqq1r3WgUJX4lUVjVGEmw_Nq-gRvsAe6j-zdOiFJr_1q_UjXy2-0eP2Ef5HEGXXCwM579DvzOENyQxWbJba9jBm-5ugutshlHHQrViIU7DemXval8SH1jTcfhs4XmMhh6qKZphmbaw1evlOmamHMe_9l0bJX1OJ69C4uig2SE7UrT9qFiJDn_tQMqiEd-2MiDUHvM0b4-CjNSI8egFg-gfUTuc6H2zVik3ggtqOvZUCQrYe7kNALhFSYWb_oBhL-Pt1jPsSCDbkMSidlgVQEsG0gTfQNNRTSadJbUh4kCi7YU6VIqQzmcPXFww=w850-h638-no

And our ride pic:

51f4YHKHiXUW1RcUIXLQnn8up6Zrirud9BZSqfTRSsKNlG3AxcpMlNriiBy7kLFtIAEOCTuB2wWaxqgyJq7Rej8If0HTDusSjjPPwSntJPSqnAb1IONgY-U6rJ3jKp2OBgn1lQbVyu5X5ZprJyPZQvGSi0JBAM77fS3n1gLB8AU3b12kM_GXDc64TQBJ-lomYDZfI0kKDoePQdL6lyN1q39xLyZHzrig-I24H3q_XTckuWEzz-von8Bjc7GJqMgEM5xCL4UI7qTRZmvcAdHN1cT5Trb0aBt0Y8GXxHul9CmE3doeWi5QxRThf6jyWh-4vmDylqw-0EuVcsGA0D6LNHTdtF7hmvs98Wc3O0efx_0R3KaeUrRie8OtupZLLjqPZ-_bslcKfXzyV0ySaOtzVO6Q-46s9tnv5Ptu2fG1CKXrZ1_ztN7Ra0x22er1bgHeAHuE7cERGgQxtw0pYZ59RGZZgMK6Mo5hdMp8KWs-XHkuThFtRreEBYJPfkEveOr80DyAMFz8VJVNMM01nG0v8UelHi3bsGMJoAmufWnS7TrKXT_AGA7uQjjcgvtRlFOGMPfnBMtOgRO3VNFMSr0zcQ9mb1wgDLlawcueDBpgVvq4xWUHE6IjTw=w850-h565-no

I have to remember to pull my hair back on this ride!

Up next was another DisMeet! @Heidi Lou and had been texting and she had just finished her brunch at California Grill (yum!) and hopped over to Epcot to meet us! Since our next FP+ was at The Land, we agreed to meet there. We crossed over to the other side of the park (although we did stop in Club Cool to grab a refresher :cutie:), walked into the Land and there was Heidi! She was so cute in her giant Minnie ears and matching dress, loved her outfit! We chatted for a bit and I told her about our bus woes that day. We had a really fun time talking - I mentioned to her about how crowded it was at the parks and she told me it was probably all the people escaping Mardi Gras in NOLA...only to come to another crowded place! :)

Here's my pic with @Heidi Lou:

gec3NtUqICgD451EEact1X5cRG1Lwud_JIfEKdqJzumcTYLKj84H7m5JNlAEGZ2WgVqBELlsUXKgGLFvDIXxsHZZ_q7KUU0HeA9A8Mv_4-17NJN8Vq1HyIxqnYBCnGOXseRntCdMZhA9nYE_me0D_S-aF9_-zMesQrTMDmDaBy1f_RPiENhdR55VGRkUpin20zaRoh77na66q9Vt3eC-3651Fjf2T2BU5Ehq0VjFsoqiujBSl4aFJsPYChGNkgS-HZ9Hiead4aHt-KKObQMjL8cGxCynncEQZx3VXp19fBYJSOnJa8-Bbomdm9atvtddfCIFISZfgM_AqS_Dh6O8R6qhMVTdSyRL2YhrYfsETQVpkJH9Vhjtb2QeAMm1IyVCNfWEDtSW9F-Jl7XisAWn_ee51PaAWEXA-EvSZKQmoz-9LpOr5ff8HOaovzap6Y3RwaKpRZCfSGLAv7p96NnvNqg0O8-wpPQFJ2_EP1l9JOuVcZTl3KpuGVfMb7byRn7upFTvWlEXSVT_tYekjXWOA1EEVJLW7kiQBA0H7eB6wWfjI0BPy9w1RDit9qc5zGOSglfFhsLd7A9pBVP3-L_3Pcfo3McIoatp8px1iuErXZNIkBXpOH-oiw=w479-h638-no

It was great meeting you Heidi! It looks like you had an amazing trip! And congrats on becoming an aunt again! It's a wonderful feeling! Hope to see you at the parks again! :hug:

We parted ways, and went to ride LWTL. Sorry no pics but I'm sure you all are bored with pictures of plants 'n green stuff. Although here's more green (and colorful) stuff as we made our way out of the park through the WS exit:

h6KCYg4Kbfx3MMbyRvJv5j0PJayoM-veECgFkJ7TYG2GNjMGRliSB1iDZTIPCVjCnsE7Of2N79J9NVHl5E-_SdM8jn8UaX3a2GGjpelstiTmBLfOPGrECRDwHU9ja7syyjWnb97YUsfw_W-fo5-WGI3HeHl3R6isfsJDZMMO0Kjv50lFqy0bccBq0mivt2r94xu_DSAGZnj-XCWqmFH3dJT-r3HycvJieDy0zol_VQhmy0j4e-mPKxpoYJMQd5x1IRckvNaBaJ9oILr_PabudULlaE_J2UN_OofaxEH4vb3lC3W4zf_K6IEsd5-syRDsFSqB6hQWbzSdEqTQwK4AfiYPJQCodj-zikgrEmglogXnIhFfgDIrWMAvU5y2unnbCOzm9enHgNa114priaNtttiGwn3Hwm_BAEcNMLRLaZYhyb8NmKHkDc5uHUGfmdx777K6wIW3RGNcske42-GUGfKc80ot0aCJ9VhLbK6vT7CSglaAtUFXUGIJ716w2TbQJntyDN4cp07QwSpEEgsL89D8U4DrBHAnE5fuuLEDv__E3VY3K0WsBXDzIzi7oHAvc8t2UrsMRhVE1n3CjSIO3IwjXF1qNzqvrvcbwweO7wgPfLtd3DfzlQ=w850-h638-no

OK it was almost 5pm and I really wasn't hungry at all...but we were set to meet my friend Betsy at Yachtsman Steakhouse. We thought a nice long stroll to the Yacht Club be nice. And it was. I had never seen Stormalong Bay up close before...and it was super cool! One day I will stay at the Beach Club...

ovF3_z1aAJNRhWHkqmVKDPzflnySnOejSkjEwl49IOBEuwO8_4xeGdg_t7rh28Yl-dshZ7__xFK6C-_X1lChB-WM2PhJLA9dl1UvoKICFDPPPySoP0Y_fx0NBqNc0zXtB70UT5tclULazxRZfT0yALi21rxCGdY12O0KnJxXdCCKrBqHAPqZQ-ewV5KzJmEazvrF6GncwesPoyUtO6d_OZuUd9RlsM2bIStCOhydHev4IaMhVJlWO-tHdGS9CMYry8Xpt0Lc5CU0roVgIwq9McaL2-yrAgMIHTDek9Gls8yfoMYOAQjKr5GVTIqaaEVa1ipQteUlDrKnm_kV40yLoHFUXQ2Q6vDM8kWi0Y1BTLBYbRhbFL-YSTox2fVcnXapq-493r52KnIrVUvYM6w1MaRnfbieHZZ2yKSOPfXBWRwnGhPlGpRLBZA-X9uDWp9SrUalYIh_3yEDtGPMaJxxQV92Q1FuOJEPkgF-cY4h8h3chh13CDfuSdXswhqI98DvFm1p6XWOvduT7ZMzspNh3oI0x5m1iFEqSxI5LNZ0mU7c9FEG953jG0QvNcv28TVsR1pyk2TbzoB6vIX5YcEok_q0ufqmzJaZWhs7vB5OmjudyjaT5kwUuw=w850-h638-no

We arrived about 10 minutes early so we just sat and waited around in the area right outside of Yachtsman. There was someone checking in people with the ipad so I just told her our friends name but that we all weren't here yet. We chilled for a little before our favorite server, David, come out to say hi! So we chatted with him for a bit. And told him how we had to be out by a certain time to make it to AK. 5 minutes later Betsy and her friend Carol showed up and so we were all able to be seated. Betsy and Carol both completed the 1/2 marathon that morning so I congratulated them. Carol even did the Glass Slipper challenge!

It was not crowded at all because they had just started dinner service. So the first thing I noticed when we sat down was that we all got menus on our place setting. But not just any menus...

fAZWBdmRhYezGllgPImPi6Xi2xWU3Yw_KYQxRTz_tIti9JINdFZ37phpr0AoM7NUUnO8F67spJKMwpSE-ITSkYdLzXz2NKkGgljqNiOFGZBZgKJog1BivBZV3xJ71qvfGIEhDTAwcX1tOa62M7hXaO_lrGRJbqrfnQ9QbS6WngRUvIXRd2Chg5tljCFC3N18fnwWpF-2YeGJy33t6K9j2cHjFfCD81AbGZllbmcsZ5x6u5MxCp5FXYLq2QNNZ9K03abC3MvdvdRfyl829WvTGMCnBX__IONiBIuXebrUXygj7hEoxOKdPMaCrrjpB49sdo8UlPKbHPW1F0K-7g-SlcGShGP5X7wAAz9FDcaVHaDrkWEuqJ89aMDOSIu1kF0wx4iwDyz9vgpQFJvQTyUYxUWOAy-MPBqFZvkAfNT7lgB-sUcvJR_jC0f8Cs8uAw47ByJv7Ah52IErrFpjtdslGzrpTqxmZWiP9UdB8tI5wetAq1MYFPLB8g-_e_IssHXjZbALsxOUcKTxl__RMQhxQSkvg60QlFarq2v39vWVmBj3u6pZ97MA6hzCqgwjoJXfrKJq-7dt5oENvpxuO4YIw0sYPEC-MSpner_TON19Ic8y14CMJD9MUw=w850-h638-no

I got a special birthday menu!! My friend Betsy had conferred with David before our dinner and they surprised me. I :love: my DIS friends!

Since we all knew exactly what we wanted to order, we didn't even look at the menus that much and placed our order with David. Although David rolled up my special menu and tied it with a ribbon so I could take it home with me. :flower:

We ordered some iced teas and I got a glass of cabernet. Our waters and teas came with these awesome Mickey straws which we could keep. I think these are meant for kids but hey, we are all a bunch of kids at Disney, right? :earsboy:

IqFE26kwy-1f_O5p9NJjXe5xa0jey1C_kRZwj-dmzQk2hUANtDI4FP7zXUAQZHCwBLYcqcxgtU0cUr6ibpV6nkZpyQvF8pMmxiAsCjDJph4lAqu8LOrdeW1-EsHnEmOzKAc0yYJDqccUwUQQAFwvHkRY4CpTcxWD-zRtavYUCtc7RGkcNfpx_tCk5ikA7Ti8bgcJXqE0O4ZeSNj9w6GdEN5pClKIRJyhEmIDnXdv-SnJLp0rJCOCEQz-_Gn8CQ9tv3IyytFtWSF3Q1js0XckFjB0iZL9o3GOlLksP7t0WkmZyKMcglU1PE_HWnukubyxWtL_hUFzfpcVyZfdKeaho3mZ3ybztY9YUdeumQplyrnp54iHAhZVegnYdaxpDcYUhFwnNBABD4soJCVAc1e1oUJwWzcW02mqcR5nej7F-IMno8zLTuYcwLp_4ExkPOjGQSoQc9LpUguiQH0cuir97Twc4JTcg_p2ZF3DQMesMlubNmXfrHCuov4JOszBofbbvFyX-kzcgII1j6eXZ1gmoTZ2Ydr8pCFX1BaLZbK_4-Im0LjvxLrxteFf_B2MViZBSKwe5Ecc3IvWaWchp16dkacMpmlwaCkekrrQM6xiQqk5wCzPZP5qvw=w544-h724-no

Pretty soon our delicious breads arrived. There were the usual flaky onion rolls and mini white rolls. I forgot that I wasn't hungry and just dug in. I tried not to indulge too much since I wanted to save room for our steak. Only Carol ordered an appetizer, a Caesar salad, which looked very good for a salad. DH and I were happily munching on bread. Betsy was not feeling well and was not really eating much. We were all concerned for her but she said it wasn't a big deal.

1vycQiZGn1amaR5B_V0mjxW4lEYL1Ozar93-NOgcZVtFLzLmMXyC4nOCpmbp7PqGUm3KRNbHhxWOg80u3XmoUxQi0Z7_aEtPeiIhHyTxnuXu8p5PiEWggl_Tv5SbC8DXUImVYp0WLCUKox7-2HYXSveevT4PvjCULjDBBxwnhPqQwGlu3oFLp2hgYleXxt3CTXu2qdmuE01SZH2VNoza7xZanBR6-WWbN-X0aOrsgZKeIMfOcEYbW14twSj3F7NI7s14-55CrtF0s-hwTE7DZrbyAFwETwrWZGlLGg0O15Enf3SqRB0BRUlAIW8RPFv6Ue8W-c3wPGLxpttBd1VOXpG2BwlL9cp-D7RdhhDxJtGjVjUhFQTXzAHNR-onMw2V4o2KJ--tN-u1OcuznXMU05cQ41J8ZNeO1q_KMLfuiZ_0gZ5-aTrpMG9PzCYpYEXSY4uF_zseGnrqEufPLx7cntb7FYgZMIupbBKxyNFDUuqnXX_UGSrCYUAvYSMNqlvlb8kn2ZE5300RDPc2cd7I2BuxXmxlAjyIwHb16LzNy7l79hSiKB98kLkp-162_Etz-jJAoX7xBS75limf6aubdyIuJViPTOZb6Gw_xBvdko12KE5VAReLYg=w850-h638-no

The rolls are served with butter topped with sea salt and a bulb of roasted garlic - so soft and spreadable and delicious with the bread!

eiQDqDsSsbxXUu4ZfBdkeADjGlidk4p77TJnfOqvespJglYeAThX4xu2oV_SfK3aZ4wzmmgGZ1lvBacROkBcZz508amoqu0a5A4gg3UzNQXBsuSot5ox9OH1oebQgn3O2XkHco2n0iEJXfdR5ZutEurFomMMTzeRbDX7U28EcYUg267dccWz7ypXBqj61E9rUnBn96qcCFHu7TNzxpE51Mi6oTte-zu0-mQoYQ1gHCakrhMoItQNn6PFntdP-6xuAjxAWGWVCJyLmwXXUY3QbpY_NxO-kvPKmfzg9TL2GAHUXq27i6x0RqEK_xa4Q4kMT0WJE8VVAyCYF5YG-bFUBOrHuy1R6RyPWPUQ0VQ7CIWWgN1J1S6hyHAyKOT_g-SFZtvlKmiQclXBkzj7IETu2fhCgHo40GZQAEPFgmKmbhTePv1_lqjfvxEBvHScefh-bphvvtsvY6UNie4FZFvLyuj2xiRnSmPIZXxjcYnxq50Qo_toX3FoVVbHKj3K2Eix7jw6T6ZvjkIKmtLAVE2k3RA27EEe8UVdD23hs5mIuTkaDvao1a0DUvPVp78Uvyi7eeJghC7BC3ix9-mNHxVvJ9jvKWGjzkk2z7ogV7flFouGMJKJCaNBYQ=w850-h638-no

Soon we were digging into our our main course...and this is our favorite thing to order, a shared Porterhouse Steak, medium rare! It's served with a set of sides which makes it a better deal than some other steakhouses where you have to order extra sides.

JuBXNtGWoOZFUmbT6IvH3oC5fo0dyaBceblR1rb-TgQ-uxbvFPPJUh8DMUqHNalThOhrPOPCICcq7aIAfmg3CHuO5UOYTzDV9H3ayNzK4ibY59uzHd3JdIrOPO72-zWiCxwkOvUV538ymMQA2puD8Tw6BjxGS1H5xUUr6A_S28HIHV5a0VnofwQs3GzCMpX65PyDBN3EiyGUpM-8039gQhKOT1SxhZbAPZZRBfvp94yelLFGwROQDb8gzjXTFPVUUXfoE4M0BllI7V06kYckxcmD2ebaPhaUL0j7MXyUX68-Pou9TqajfNUfCNrb5f2vW43onqVGyoeEWfYHx1YeKQmkCiRjc65PNGG00b9d4SVVJWH4HgXoCGFixpkqBuR0GVeqptD9hhSPdwf-2olx6ZIum_gOX9q4u45eI9NLpY-JPZheAAempeobD-DEInY5D_HIXUUaiSopCq81OIDDX1qnv6EOcHFt0MglNXBkMiWsDBHKn9x88-8turt2l_ZuRphq3nxGj3WuZZXgw-rEsKIIFSxMpHCNerMhhBaE78W0ASBin7job6Hmkt16nukWp-HDJqvexjj1k7z7sZzPAoo1kXbYOpLqexLFoAZW32mAWwGWlfAOhA=w850-h638-no

The steak is topped with garlic butter and is served with, from L to R: sauteed mushrooms, creamed spinach and caramalized onions. Sooo good.

It is also served with beef fat potatoes. These were delicious. These are the usual sides that come with the porterhouse but note you can substitute for pretty much any sides they have. But since these were the sides I would be getting anyways, they were PERFECT.

PI63RZsUkk0maFnamu58sO1aKRTdpfuLsGemWOzKH9SekttmfX3Xoczd1zgGQFFr0_Ad49FOO7dPibM_ZAABWxZ0lFMTJf0Rknq2h6kl8M6VD0w3cMn0DjptXD8_XBo_HrLHIFyz3mnECFK5O5FSH205L6Hiapr_CK5uMNpjew10-PFILpHqVqWWHz0mAIwFVqEYI0LAjX1SSB8fSQa8_EbiHk2gU9GdO9iHrL45n4PZSTykMDkSYFm6wr_JxZL9p95DVuLjFKW4FCdSja3s8vvFYWCtPRwHT5R47qgYIXy9RIdSxGLiHvrVg4D5Q638i4YJF69Byf4gmrDYzrt4Nd6WkA2qCeVLq0ObQjc5OtJlkvyI9_Vvx-gNXL7G94eMwAoB7wDPPMHxRSxTZxoHjRA29cRyPEv6-cPb3CGWL6z_QbR3vV2FL0c2RIQN044dHMrMcY3Odv1Ez-OKZtpncgSJ-XCljRYnZ6oDWg1E9X7Cvf25zuS-Y2u6MpE8LN77ArypNPGvVb4yg--hc0YcczDbdYvF4PLCZrPCVaq2nPq4VNpDFCCF_VjrhSZkq2o5L7ICuJDN-rpOp-1fen0g-zPTpsaNScnOJcgR-oep47i0gO5B11fr4g=w850-h638-no

Our steak was so so good and the sides were delicious! I'm never disappointed with Yachtsman. It's too bad we weren't a little more hungry but we ate more than enough and took the rest with us. We were able to fit the container in DH's backpack after we took out our sweaters, which was a relief so we weren't lugging around a doggy bag of food to ROL.

Betsy barely ate a bite, and Yachtsman is her favorite restaurant too! So she had to take her food back as well. Think the half really got to her and she didn't eat all day so thinks she shocked her system by making her first real meal a really rich one. Later on she said she enjoyed the steak later back at her resort (POFQ) and she texted a picture of her steak that was about to be devoured. :thumbsup2

We didn't order dessert, but I was surprised with this treat!! And they all sang happy birthday to me too. :cake: How sweet! :cloud9:

CyC5zNHlhnthXqnBA8-jSRlPKSLARY3iu5S-FDVg5RoYY8ohnS6U4g2UHgKOzWJqYd8AazXv1pJWjGiOZnOx9JVY4xTM38y1KMuGPBUgPcslQJEaLNuP0RbkcDLU6QxMoxTzYgoHkzAlydSXF8aHUpEkijcYmCWRn3x2tu_E7h5oDnPIuZhZqu5NDA4wFPHL5ni_6LGn6relZBwfFh5ZWSolRfYUf5RBuH9PnJeP0lF_IZSpjf-5hKaTNMkcgPGzjwQAUSaTCvh8ux7raf0f7GiNoV0ZYU2Zx711O7BxjbkjXEFAZ3MTsltl5Su3tlIl1rnwzWYlJxA8rT0xKYl3Rd52AA5chwI7q4TgY_QBwbxHTu2384VY7O4d1KnWP5vJbet3lZxIcd-5MVXr9qyx5lfD7UnYtLThv43EvoxDh3Jr-uuz9Vac2U1xLtDTzcLRyMKkBCAb50PNE6ab3aebzgTj23PeeZw3vipUDDhn1t3K2iU-x3Kop9wsPnz2BNLD6GpVo5z6IQe9f7EnzumnjOjUgmaHIiygQOGBQvsOmp4SID-dnO7TqOuXRKkMe2hu4P6ZmZbm5wWwujmbIHH2CgaHXzJW2RT6kyR5JuHv3pUg4bekyMFsJQ=w850-h638-no

It was a chocolate mousse-y dome, decorated with chocolates and candied jelly things. I couldn't eat that much so I made everyone take a bite. We also tried the little marshmallows and jelly things it came with and the chocolate things which look like nuts. I bit into one of the chocolates and I was surprised. It was not nutty like I expected but it tasted like blueberries. I exclaimed:

"This chocolate is so weird! It has an unexpected fruitiness!"

When I said, that Betsy burst out laughing. :laughing::laughing::laughing: And she couldn't' stop. So then I started to laugh. Laughter is contagious. :rotfl:

She said it just sounded so funny, and it did, but really, I said it with all the innocence in the world! I really was not expecting the fruit flavor in the chocolate and had to announce it to everyone! LOL. So that's why one of the title contenders of my trip report was to be "And Unexpected Fruitiness Trip" :)

We looked at our watches and said we had to get going. But not before a picture of all of us together:
L to R: Steve, Me, David, Betsy, and Carol

rMe5UOAEv0VjoMFcr9kIEppXVGdfwxjot_cKTDRg9z-WzyDCU3W7f1tPkKRx9s5iVJC-MaRdw1LFV-RTJkGZnhQlt1Nsb2m0N0JBEMgTnhbOMdzRbp1HGdfOBdLa9H1jLq89T7RuUB3t4r2Nq9LNNDiPtp-QZCztpWAfX7QRrzeR07Bnzw4BlSeRTZMS40g_jrgxcjeQMNqnQ32Zam-CwnUApqUuuVNH627IRoYBs0u4UEZsJRb1HuXIUl_CQkNBtfM8YgTjsGv0LZS9vkMuyG-Uj-FwPpO91mccK_Ci7JiFZOJybR2WBCDVAOu6rDZXiGP4ODHe3YLG2vm7anHDqwnyr93BcV7pLs9qHSCmj8PB0AuLXfD3ny2QjBpD358TtKzx1lIwioS_UprIztaFBiJz0aWc5yKUppyIbADaYlCYr3i7lnn-QbvTrLuNHrGdmBt1s23g6Kybg8dGkDzsK2GKyxD4Y1kJp9_4jyNqIAODQy0ngX3DYWprWg3OPds8GDwJHXs91Q1oc41XTR0GDLC0GfT91qE5GkUa7obLye2O2Rlr_4-Dwqs5Hg93sB9SbZRz2JwyfszthdqBCRhNaHFNqVmXgEcTbBpQTcdSmoSc8R6pYHvsNg=w850-h638-no

It was a fantastic meal despite the fact we weren't super hungry (blame it on Tiffin's!) and Betsy not feeling well. It was our chance to finally catch up at Disney World again! And it was great meeting Carol. She has inspired me to at least try a 10k Run Disney event which I will do...someday. :thumbsup2

It was about 6:40pm at that time, which we thought gave us about an hour until ROL started. Great, we thought, we don't have to rush, and so we waited for the bus to AK at the Yacht Club, and one came only 10 minutes later. After today's long wait this was the best thing that could happen. The thing is, it's a long way to AK from YC. So the ride takes about 17 minutes. Still, plenty of time, we thought. So glad we brought our sweaters too because it got chilly that night!

Once we arrived at AK it was around 7:10pm. We still have a good chunk of time, we thought. We walked up to the turnstile and scanned our bands.

The CM said "Happy Birthday!"
Me: "Thanks! Oh and could you point us in the direction for Rivers of Light?"
CM: "Sure, are you guys catching the late show?"
Me: "No, we have the dining package for the early show"
CM looks at her watch: "Um, the show starts in a minute and it's all the way at the amphitheater"
Me: "What?!? I thought the show was at 7:45pm! Our server told us the wrong time!"
CM: "No it's at 7:15pm. The late show is at 8:30pm. If I were you, I'd RUN!"

So we RAN. RAN all the way to where Dinoland is.
The ROL package entrance is outside the theater to Finding Nemo musical, i.e. it was really far away.
"OMG we're gonna miss it!" I thought.
But we RAN anyways. I think I have not run this fast in a long time. I definitely did not run this fast in the 5k.

I only had time to take this one picture as we ran. It was packed too, so we had to dodge so many people!

oGx4ZbTY1fKTqhXRxAihZNQAEwhStxy9pgeR3bytv6RJx8atHLlZSKIztHlpG-3lKfuzcNyQ-ZuUL_bjdHoTBZYvmCYZzq-9MYrckDlvRBU43VhNUzYIiDnD5lZuTY_H0Is10PeFnAtgWxJUmsZ8JGDzK69XNYYi1fAgLbw8gj-DFgK6tlBQf2gEEh8cRqqLG70le-wjhY_iNx5IfH0-ZeZqSEcK0YVQAPO3QGkGLUEACtaUJvtpetA0WRCuoKiDXGwW9dxcbCETItvU4ok2YLq2uoLS5i4pJ76hU3napnQoveHuPjWfwdOM4UcLxoxuWrIHerLsQ7G9MRvVHS2NPkKMmTrqRzPiR5Cpo9p_mJidHGWl6Dwz4UV2btfLnhPOfmvfSQUMxz3OZfFeZDHaktNqFEqvYTzAmY45w0fCxjx8IuDqoILvGlcsdZugan1pLvCkrg7OLMl4DwlYUpHlOXPvEU-o7gawaQsFTH91ZmD0LNVfuS7oiFfWLtChGUozH4pNdYzanTZOYBdH_Y6Z9orPX47wrUWvf4OT1odu5FCYQ6zPhURJZcFMIUGCBHigjgREK0bsh-sKQM-f7z9esBDQ1XnOGBkwCnaCErYrN9V6X8PfKIOsXA=w479-h638-no

I sure could have used Chunky Sis's teleportation powers right now (seriously, read this post from one of my previous TRs here) :teleport:

Finally out of breath, we made it. We could hear the music for the show that had started 5 minutes ago, we could even see lights and stuff, but it was PACKED. I mean people stopped on the street with double strollers to crane their necks to catch a glimpse of the show. We squeezed our way around people to catch the attention of the CM at the ropes for the reserved seating area and showed her our tickets for that show. She said "standing room only" and we said "ok" it was better than nothing. She motioned for some other CM to come by and they said there's no standing room anymore. Oh no! :sad1:

Then I heard these magical words:

"Why don't you come back for the 8:30pm show? We'll let you in first!"

:worship: THANK YOU DISNEY GODS!! :worship:

OK, so we were told the wrong time. I was annoyed I had to run over when I thought we had plenty of time. I don't blame our server, she was really sweet and she was probably told the wrong time and passed it on. I should have probably double-checked the time because I myself had looked before and thought the early show was 7:15pm. But, I'm just thinking, why couldn't' they have offered us the option of going to the later show? The early show was so crowded and the late show was much less. I think this would have solved everything if they just give people an option of show with the dinner package. :sad2:

So...we caught our breath and since ROL was already in full swing we had some time to do other things before the late show. So we went to Dinoland. I have admittedly not been here for a number of years mostly because I just don't like any of the rides or attractions here. But since we were here, we went on Dinosaur with very little wait.

dFut0R9UdbR_E4OgIw8KGPI7tmX6yC697OkBFFf-UTj6YA6Q4wS49YoiqSl2z_4uPdRMuysEdJz0OLxB9d3p0oXhZbC6jm8Xs-oaWIMczv-rfwwqO_j1UTb5SaWoJBxaGkNVnvrG2jG2-eP22CH4_beRj-lgy4SWRGaBBiHkUALFogJjbQQq6fX8GWZT7WyuO_GDBOysAvPMS9l9-Yoqao87295KTAxJzwzqMU5veW_fY6iFjBwtjYaEOkSPILDv6FkPDrt0Lsga8alVkkK_QpDQxO1oZ0vrXNxkXBM8SIhbzOWjmb_zgZY3FB4Ada5ZeKR9axuaRqWJe4PJiev2zWH4R47XzNBDcEbvYyQ_BHyHwiukjpBA3nr1wosfy5f8JxjjIm_di3W8x26u_J6lEnhmyLd_WdJpKdi6FBlw1BOgrL6yaxR4DrvD_6zvRjbs4-722GI21v17iTZsRIorr5A98xJSEzB2hTzK_5oZpv7Slky1RvhyV1nkLa-ll0O2JwARp3hVUaqR3htmIFP3a583L2T3A-UXTztfx0L7Y4kr7S-61GELObz_LbBXZN2w1DMpRraeCyQxJNo9mQCDXfvZbMD_ICm8OiZWqNafEb81yU1A6TcSGA=w850-h638-no

I realized this reminds me a bit of Paradise Pier in Disneyland, but Paradise Pier is so much better. :)

Ok so now I know why I don't like Dinosaur. I just don't like the theme, it's scary without being scary...know what I mean? :crazy2: I spent the entire ride like this:

uKX9eO3U2Gx30XepxHhTTg7cEFinpeIYyNFsRadtBYVkm1lbQDR5D9ZpO8XmPLXxjZaEbfUtn6JgHhUpq4_zpucIgJGCuy4tkUdyBmaFuKjEB8E7qHUrTfH3iTPO7pvdw3kDN0vpO1tcWukXthrXYVBiuSt2wNZJ7AJjOgCZuuS3s9DGpMHF0B3U7rQRVkPTfWlzDrfPw-M6azDgQNZqSQc-68zZj1ynPfM1onbciivGmz-X8D5gr88wqKIONd9N6wAnrW99ndck4_-960ezZVBP_6GB07rl4pRfC48La2mIv4vzPDrPiyP077Oqvbi68r9z3liAQ493mm1sPhhtDw4YCKPvZZsuinTfrASn6L5gQNhfTQJTU9B3odbKJhmCt7u9nkI_sbDZMhu5zZmIaH2CTfuIX6-abWzMw61j5hdlj5vRSZC_Z9RM_ABCZmIuPuEpCioVTUR3IDhzEhcnm_Nb4CJXzca8DZZuqYfLG3jHk9O7HtJtrUSJRZCl41861n8V_BWhakbgowtlMGtRla9PoPwNKJmxPg2BaOMup-Q37w6fjuKXq1fijTsdZRFsaGB_NNvbIKgtltLxom0hvAOjb8WjBX5KO2X0M5XTQOqppbUmO1EEzg=w850-h565-no

At least we got our own row. :rotfl:

OK now that we were done with that monstrosity, we decided we better go get a seat for ROL early because there was no way we were missing this show!!
The early show was already over at this point and everyone had been let out but they weren't letting people into the seating area just yet. So we had a nice conversation with the CM and we told her our story, and she said no worries we'll be getting to see the show plus we'll have our pick of seats! We also had a conversation with some other guests waiting for the show. It was a mom and her adult daughter and we were talking about ROL, and I said I didn't think there are any pyrotechnics and fireworks because of the animals. The adult daughter nodded her head, and said, "Yes I can see how that would be an issue, especially for the real animals!" :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: The mom looked at her daughter as if she had three heads, but hey we all laughed it off. Many silly things were said today. ;)

OK FINALLY after all this planning, the waiting, the running, the rushing, we were let in to the reserved seating area. Because we were the first ones in, we had our pick of seats and I went ahead and selected what I thought were the best seats in the house... it was first row of where the wooden bench seats start, any row before that and you're sitting on hard concrete, I didn't want that. So we were about 6--8 rows up I think? We were the only ones sitting for a while because the CM let us in first as she promised. There was a PP Photographer walking around too! So we got a picture in an empty theater!

-4-46gZOcvNIOThSphr6mzJREOW0qTeSgM4QT0SZAs6rdSY2CDE1tSN2wo5Ualc83u7r3tXk2sTAcd4jSu6d5_rVlHcuVU2XCqRhGG-Vfd5NKiTAhOyknPK32qsmatxEVn7_-D_qosT9HOz1jZcNReDh2uskSc-ShOgmuSf39RYe9TEoo-7JWgITxn4k_yNazGzraVFupaoW7KwPeUTAvX-Yjq_3g2eRsCypxh7Adgr3vx4R4KEm2ftfS0WFZA82w3-eAGIyWxYp2xhSDlQ2kadD62NKE3BZtPxJSkFw-vSOW8ugD1QM1CJBevD1e1VJ53iPRyHyC7KrwlFYRL3WVeQaZ8gBsvRLzuo5N8NQxNWtsojGZEm3UQc9g-OVcKsRi5o2GEPXQQk8tGmUme5nVyen7h-JipkPbFb0DrtjUdfRfZqML1jo4B9GGrKGWyc_Eyy8u0QRfDuW4T5XuoCfnVqsK9ds-SMl6pG8in-Kpac2i0xuG9zCyXnjYCnpvFCjaMSDMqCXrQRz5to4AmSj0Riqgp5Bj70bKvoDc0WpGsKakiS57JbvzvESAWq48IylngYVpaNcEgFQ_9j3kbP6RhkLRAz6futB_2RqRAl6f80TfCIWzB4njQ=w850-h567-no

I guess we got some extra pixie dust in the end because we got a great view of the show, but then again we did put in a lot of effort to get there!

Close to showtime the lotus floats start coming out.

z7xolC6twPsYT_HkUGJKBTAiKg3syk6MAtFMRSJTDm19RkNSjFRoVU3BcA40pR6ozZlMeiHEnyubKEPPLMWp01qhfPwlmo1gzuBCDqh1XtKgLXFtUu2KIlRHE0iCD7BBeiNXxfgxBkNoLFW0KaD5qih5OGgqwkLXhxKFR_tJ6GJeQgp5GQQK78HBHkx_UUk4XJaaPTaQTYsCNqfNgKQXNYYaj2CfAoB8E44FM-BXCFYm4n0-FqtFIOuJqMEXC3yORdDwtv9tqKkvxHespKbBmGeKi5kF5_TBKZu3Sbec1hxOPkGCqNd5Uy636OCJgxLTbXk3JWuplP_uX8MaenygSRePPwq9nCZKLNMK8HvPJGPiDgohPNQ9CKxnPXUoqXKnBB4Ks3x1EQWk_w-Ef-gPV1KrdrMPbcPYJHi5ZtAPANfVHFfowcs6z-FfGoIcsjVJAy6W33nJZxa6_9ZUKBVB6HREqcgrTqRLrOXwVHBVbvwwY76NC2JMaKX4hRjqAkmABAQwuvrw4Hy8h7DMHEyMk_jjCWltTjrkNEu8S3EIn4FsAeWAHIOTGIvCKo0GuAKpY1qY7TDvM5feoNTgeWICA6nqLxk2qqmnGKlnVtfeXeTYImWeN-sycw=w850-h638-no

8TfOSBQcuSloZwXgaD-qrCrxn7Z7_y9sGljf_HnIH6Ulyph1JAnphb5OJuOKnv8hwLgutB5xkbw4_H6IFutyPQu7mq0vHRzp_XJdE9G8ihVhkwtjL5hgp8M5KHQkC4AJgKcQ2Qa11jRyx9sKtgkPnBgKmR3-wRojVGdcKnxSWa3y82lzoGnTTsP6u7CynnDyB4Zz-yGMfaQMy30luxLgW_iZH0n9ErVkGB-G5KDbBiAZcxWx6NjhrZxZ9iVwP9-q-s2PJmd6RS4nYfKLSjya4WttjCFeRx_lNHTo8bnp0gvKMl_0Gr7Fb69AufD8vXd7dZS75U7IOEVkduLZijAWVQTZEw7x7PBaM0YVvjkLJgvHHG65zLopx5Go24UxWgDxOaDOL9ICVdSUyq3vX3GdZ0lq3lgRn76OTY3CLdX9EHD7RlY9wC1Lz3n9mBHEP5TBxXX1AGH7EPqcCuBW5N5zPB0J6uTaAUM-hBzcGZ9YUWUzTvaMIkB_5frAYK50LI2dYt4RXpvLoG__fvzMDixZSv7JBXliCJ9P5nb5FVP37UV0digAjLazxDnaVit-O4RJpGlXSBdK7n1XT41BG5AnCEkm1Yi9HAQ4TZ1zt17YrOhkvjT63HBYow=w850-h638-no

The following are pictures and video from Rivers of Light:

muQ3sXnWP8weQLMpJKlCOfPALiT1Uvfo7BDn5YOICwJYEIg7v5V3TjLWzB3-MPK-ieIjhFfpAtqgRaLlGqqTGZ5wpYu2VAVtR0p-13qvuEqNtOwdNZerQDM7wZBBy9-6aYTXFStuWkowkyINXbYikYGqHw9pC5uY_HqB6DgHJkvB6Mxc8SSPooCrSygQSCd5hlC2aKWrC_gAtJQqpcPRQ5n7IampEqYa7pDklNOr4R39-i7Zx6O5xqk6hA_zRnDFMSTGMiMmbr7ctCiTAF9qiWXF6K5UzaUFlPk_PDup2diMn_-Of_PUPFXN_OWnBpMPoeKXVQiuPuGcrm9_biYN0VH_UH-I3QFJvl7mMfS6tTUuQoHaRdGlruw2VJ5ypL3PwoqkjYzRO9D0PxSVU6Qk5g5qTCeOurGkBY3L5RDvhiUQZiFkHf8KB-x07sbOWA90TDqUajBVFjP5miw97PU_JBrwBNpyjAFRweAPnxxBSR1kjJYvX50Pph3ZeCqS5e1CxHZhYZUx3_IC3QnAdoR62fQH_qv9Q73QqMhUweh8EadXyPk0FboV9QppK9I6yDe52G_Zwqjs6v67efVLlx73dtNGN4UUtjIKgA7hazM7n8e1EJPTobPF-A=w850-h638-no

bORwmn3LoksIseQdgLxykqU9bLusgP7DlmBDBsWKJuiLT6wRKU-HlA5CDIBIfH-B_iSy1AXeXOZAl02hm77kbbELXgKna4l4BgbSU82xOeN7QUYcuERzOdGqoPyEmEtEWl5LVxo0YJkotsNg9WSSPCivyRoIpGzZTU7DkL4B-xiCJeAF0FdLEPElNx4Q3PrFdTnLuYaXMusCPV_sVFlSg6t7iJxUKtqg_ZNt7j1d_Cy_B_PVpCPJrbJHBu6z63w5gFLj_qrzGe230VUZA65UuwEq1ELF_p-WP0jo0VioPrn5IIfBh_xHASEGzsn5Q6Zs7vYlHgv39SzuFfndONOvWb7IYjGvdQmb6zfba4hHpBi3KJ72jhY5HrP6Axb63oCYMWiwh12FO95nr-dIXYHHVq5nUyXaoN5TMQ52gpfODWQo34vK3SGOOb_4NzyArO9VSZROMpjtRZaLxl0tZw-BVBTrqFSRlMaYEsYlSRxYI_pd6Zipngqiy81VDYfen8sTGo0rjMrREIVKO34BQhIoNhwY1dPQFC84OBkmBenv4cbdo1_6TrqbSNdaQfTRIoZYqbX6h5PWW9wY6r3c6v_eWXjxvXOsnUwslJfGrhBKG3w4O6Fd_c9HNw=w850-h638-no

cI8thvO3sEmWM9_qM85DvmLNulvW6dka3qQ-39SuHzb8r-MOFMkM8KWPaVP5dIe_SSWSXf7pa2W4f48sDZirtoRvLcWGaIlTaXA8xxGiFUSa0UMiruLr78rzussh7T0JAnEHzTW1-YByRjhIho3Ndf-c-LuR3KK1P5Tl6GREHl1SJr8a1dcYFM1FZUeRwTxdbk-PnR8q3YcFqumsB-NQ2ttxZEqX5VfdtJOmgzqCSS34_aQg4eG3_G6NUahBiItUVOtgVrPR2ap6wEKzI-pIIG9YsqZqidBt6Nx5seDVIjQxXH6BDRnvfVwE8kFEJljiNy2cMsY0o-aNImyzPop6LlL72229W6impzR6L6eaI8nJ-KTXdw7xE_Sv6G1QK7OAlRV8Lwe423qAe8xtKL75SQba1FISUIO8p7sHG7BweDPjyHxe6KHrAHQSS-R93hE0pyy6oAt-17oH_uFsMiwlAbqZyXRvIqFKPi2elF93N-0vkrFw0ln40Z2CzBG1sgC9bc25BYrO-Idj_Ty8-6XME5aGiCZMFgTJeIkNA89WhH6AqtRHpmxOsGaBi7SI_-d1SDGjeIwFQo6TQblnzxNk_M2bVbi-gDXy_Bga0RBBiRfL4koAyXCmlA=w850-h638-no

R_NRhcqCEpP3_CFkVRE7HzMo2RpVTV7rON4rTE_b_HVxTm-pDnATFAxmWICXwoCw9cXMXUG87J-AH3SlWdMxGGZa_n_OCt40FcTWuYGb8TxS9ic2_i1DDSsd09DJWnwOqOy5SumEiGiiFqA63hPqzLE04MmsEyWMC52or_KqUjKdryfnQCaSk5DzgbHOrz3v1vcipya34Y56CSa2MhGRCSG0-cxSZ7oKjbMm9ud8SkbdQpEO98iy5GXBgJ6FZxd4aVS506x1RhRx6lKAKic1tKQy2GKGfJjDNgmdI8hsHQlbADhOB9dfZ0xBLrJReKper-e-Ny3YmJlhpNaDNeN2FEkBwGe8WPO-R0J_n0I6wK_GM72u0g347p5d7KujBgZW8G-cBmYb3J19S-cbiXp2NI8erTZp7LodQudTEg7_HbuMaC2k6QjwKj4kREBQRw2ImPk1HREG8cPwPh5sYrvpn3Q2pzWN7O1cSn8ZYyhwaE47zq15MNC4UbJ6bCQpydV5foK4odbccXgB9e9RYBglP179vMUU25ip-TcRDPWq69H0m2kgjekumY2PBFbHx9YCOvx4NEVBGfikKgLccDCbaQ9DiuFzhtD1PZ7CPIdMWQtx30fS-Q0LAQ=w850-h638-no

NFMrdN-stTZ4JbnhMXlt9_mZifTHdtgz1Gfct2ryRk2MFhSQcgz-gMbl50nhiq6q_8D8MoiQ7X4f-Kv0lhUCFAPilRbMb5jqkjbo97K0CfFVYlyLGxcXu8vo1HO_-Is0fw9Tyt1oF2ihDO5FqWbaMEJ6f6Bea6FT8SjunQLt8Tri44dOGe0J4qcs0WadjZ1xIZ-B_DAD2Qy8DX8Pr3ds7WNyjWFyg4IFVdX42QrBReZmfxMn4Jp6VhT9iYb_W7ve3LeyYlcIYzXYrXcIT28-wO-z7FV0ILD0vaRiTm0D_9sKIIfhUzGNyNQYwqMK4e5cD9gFObR_RDauF3pqifCNo4ob7r3_Iz1NP9aCjXEDaBxc1WWKf1zvpA217jpNDUwjJoiPCMNnvM1hfd1MVvfwFJ0PiHi6OsJ3E2b1xXpgB7hciL6IBEtAp6WlpDUsBcqzMFcqj5WIBskJQJ7nFSfcpJoysm-29Q00svqIUkUTX4DNssDU4f_zSniXjytzTSM4rmYvdZpqTeTr_RvyUyA4wVeXEaVHK7HKtXgsC9gLWjLJUGQFlaBjl5NBmmpQYbCcAh4i2YilG5mTEZi11rLMRBDXnyGJrL39-qdppXS9UWVaDP7fid-4bg=w850-h638-no

jh5x-HANBhvldQOXFaE0eyKvMmM4593tNeRUZu3deXPk-UQZF7o0rezxLS21PwIx1Ek9u_A7UbACOilhYfp7MtGTcRf6HvD3mjgA5CkK6FHYIFuTGlPnwq1mRyxMcl6mD2CAuu8h4o2p83H-L3G2O-rGXMBjrFIdVBEQAhMubbNBQs-RzvBK6zhVv2RzgFaebv91Un4wkj_c23Ss2wODJIWGgyvDT8IGRq_I-togidpDKNNtrYqg8NphFOST8QNAY8v_XokRpa9JbmA3-o9vz_h3qYnEidXiQTvmBy6leJCXiFQ7DaXF2pJNQt4CeQOBWTik88cYXdRU35trkdO8Hdw7XbOTzqIiDEG8YuVgoYzomow_13ijrxNaVHKJHP2AS32nsXTbvf8NT3jbpi0wKbvWhZU9vbmB0uT1ah0SAW_fsoag9T2pjzBZvC12fdN70jWJuir1YcY4q0VUsAvuWfv7IbMIsO7Bvn27qSyj0zi5ATxjpUmGNgWk3gcbKW_RI_cA-auS5BYfB8wVE-3EUX5CfIGf4NduAhO9ZO9j4SL9GqW4szmqxCs8S2KQ8oRBdbiy4h6aXhPoD9Dj3_mGQvNI8m5Z7Gqv2TK3amXKr4kJA7DnkZVZ6A=w850-h638-no

tf0rOx9RvB1InBJr3kL-fHztGuxpmAuUwDM-iwsQCqCbY5PuC8JtsTY-DhqoEN4w1C01nhPsm5W-EX6TpYeZxYzj9JaW5XWnvYK_ghqOywSpH27C8VsRCHhcl4ebvM9KWDXzWwv6AJWuJLYX1eVgYFgK_Wqq2TGQix3ruHldKlGpj4H7Bu65ZW2ybNMrFeTSdL8C43KUuVbtyFiAXpHJ69OJ6sz3ADqpAyHPxRVUyIHoikCBWo_7nnUQkUsHNVT1-AhtoQZ8lpK9QI85Xyn4UcZJp_j2BT-gCZDQ4LyhNuLVikXMOStdBKCJBOlMU7Gw1HXv3Dr9b_8V7V18CIe4Vldk1DQvGO2x20Hh1cgtUORqKxhwKUMLOowBNUdeJL5uZqXAh8WifDsBddrCoz0ACPhPhBRXx-Xb3i0ffjcOou1KEY_LSecZb2w1qa75m0Ln2kcLSrsogWq6d9HUU9FOiGZ1c-m22ybJiVhEN7dOGORuBElUgaS_dlels5s3zGaje3TddIynHa4sivajpP3ZmiDweF7oB3brhpgA5R_nH1AQnQNWCaegEoayt8yxoPDReTAl_uwUFJGXUgWZWMBDHdJpdFkzRVdA2ovif6SzpadP9iJ66Mu-OA=w850-h638-no

FcItjjFIzmnPVXKwb-2wXp-wMPkcnoe5GZ9odYiYifmuVfRdpLPrqVgior4ZUhEoHNXpKbul5P3aFqZ7vsSJ2a0Uzcd6-CpuMkWC5xgN4VLs0xSEqAcCQd5R7GqPUC5-ewet2azhIIoqzytQ54vSPsufmX_Ys8M_3kwmmHluC6ojST0KW5_HKopfddgTWO5Ox6LppXPxrCX1edCApJRQ1AVW-cIMv853ckVCZdF34e195BsLZr4MCArmIMTH5nPeBpLNVyVsGeXnRpmAiX-1yQ2Ri33HQYOox_sAu9e5Em1Z-t5civ0q_9OsmPD3S_QUYKCMnWdeHCovswRozHYSGrwUPNnddK1CGuzfNb9fgnf1HRf-KSLHhoxZhRUTsgn2B6y06Ctc8c1A0ZwolZeiestflHE3iZTo6rBtltUz4XZUiQRp3kbY8Y9QK3N0wwLDk2dO_XsbsxCsht6LnnPS9dHvE3B0KDikXe6DZhHiVBURFcuou_9mdJaZEsMtY39OlyRWCNYyJeJ-mCsfCItFjF__7wXGfABjrYiDOo7UwU30x4m0i43_QhwudaHV28TvWttgQGL3vWlRuk66eqLM87RZGRgCIid_8GQrE3u0Hg3sYGYWbp0CPQ=w850-h638-no

Ok so what is my verdict on Rivers of Light: It was a very pretty albeit slightly underwhelming show. I mean, it's quite visually stunning, and I did enjoy it, don't get me wrong, but there was nothing new or exciting about the show. A lot of the technology with the projections on water have been done before. I think it's cool that we can watch a new show, but maybe it's because we put in so much effort to get there that I was just expecting so much more. I think I am the sort of person that likes pyrotechnics and fireworks afterall. :laughing: It was however, very soothing to watch and I was ready for bed after that!

We took the bus back to the Contemporary, don't seem to remember any issues with buses that evening, thank goodness. When we got back to our room, we heard some noises outside and realize the Water Parade was on! So we went outside catch some of it.

Y8e-Kj6CUuFn4H43QvOBvNF5A68vR0H67GdTXyxEtKvijoynzD8guJ0d5YYWdEK1ffhYIyzR7DUKHHtwo_xm4rDhtPZdAzN1fw1Wo4NzAzLwdlRv7kGis5uPu6g6D5AvZqh1OVCrsgT-YZVC9HZS_NX-CW7INqtzDoUhyYoiABMIU86upVC2jL04VaqPo-t4Y_EHhcna-gnkdn6hfNDfQNMGd7APjQqzoUQ2LE2HwGWaHBKcEc-DWCLVy8qknlKPQ6EmW3calMf9eaSnhg8950rjSLD5JpmHnrJ8al0fGvj3yxoTqq0SQWkVUF06EJGMfc92geo5U_iBa0JUQ95g4FkrRC6GoeZx8BY4yhELxvjOFhIUP604iF-JSh7J6TUx3MxjA8zI-g1r9KJtXzkkRU0tuxScVo5ArtJdkCCRD9tRZ8I7AfCSFuFU6VCYGTDPTAahCLoOSz9cnfXEp33hAxMIospcHZzj79qWieGLci-btxgSGh_P93OlqgcG2P0soKX7yFmL0i4Eu0L5ecErn0dJWf_cR1IxMZBcpQ7L0vYcshScw7skUMgL4K0DNYnnyb7NSHBhBjSKawiXJl-91kEO5qn8NAoOcLeokKmUmV43e1lDCyRHvA=w850-h638-no

However ancient these lights seem, it really hits me with a sense of nostalgia when I watch the Water Parade. :)

Coming up...it's my actual Birthday and we party with Tiana like it's Mardi Gras! (technically it was Mardi Gras)

Last edited:
Su-Lynn, i love that pink Mickey and Minnie top you have.

Thank you! Saw it last year in the parks but was unsure about it because it is so asymmetrical. Literally on the hanger it looked weird because one sleeve was longer than the other. But then I found it a few weeks before our trip at the Disney Outlet for really cheap so I figure I had nothing to lose. Turns out it's quiet cute! I'm glad I waited to though since I got a good price!

Hope it's not too late to follow along! I just read your DL TR and followed the link here. Congrats on finishing the 5K, you took so many pictures and it looked like you had a great time. I don't run but would love to do a Disney 5k some day, probably at DL. DBF also loves Gaston (especially during the first half of the new movie) because he's such a manly man...I think it's a guy thing :laughing: The Star Wars tour looked awesome and that is a reasonable price for a VIP experience considering how expensive other premium add ons are at Disney! And your lunch at Tiffins looks ah-mazing. I pretty much only ever had whole fish growing up and love it, but I know some people find it off putting so it's great that they are a little more adventurous with the menu.

Hi there and welcome! Thank you so much for reading and definitely not too late! I really enjoy hearing comments from everyone, and I love the camaraderie on the Disboards!
The 5k was fun, and I don't run either!
OMG your DBF and my DH should get together and have a Gaston bromance. My DH keeps quoting lines from the movie..."Ten points for Gaston" is a favorite. He also says he wants to get antlers for the house. It's hilarious. I think on our next trip we're going to have to bite the bullet and wait on line to meet Gaston. I may bring a book. With no pictures, hahaha.:rotfl:
The Star Wars tour was a great deal. I am glad I did it as the parks were so crowded so it was nice to kinda be led around with a guide. The highlight was the march with the first order.
Tiffins is so good! I can't wait to go back in May! I'm so happy Disney is starting to put more interesting things on their menu...everyone's palate is different but I think everyone's taste is evolving so I'm glad Disney did not hold back when it came to Tiffins. Their food was so good!

I also have to say I love the themed shirts and dresses you wear to the parks! Especially the pink off the shoulder one. And the tortoiseshell sunglasses are super cute, it makes me want to get a pair, haha.

Thank you so much, as I told DLfan4 above, I found the shirt in a Disney Outlet after seeing it last year in the parks. It was very comfy and hid all the bulges. :rolleyes1
Thank you! I can only wear big frame sunglasses and I love tortoise shell. My face is so big and wide. I really want a pair of aviators but I can't find any that fit my face. I love sunglasses and I have so many pairs - it's like my favorite accessory!

Hello! I am joining in!!!! I am super late but I am all caught up! Congrats on finishing the 5K, it looked fun! The getting up so early is really what gets me...

Thank you and welcome!! Yeah the getting up early was daunting but after you get to the corrals there's so much energy you're pretty pumped up. But then we crashed after the race. LOL.

This is a really cool photo! Love it!

thank you! It shows how fast everyone is going...but me.

OK, this Abu SERIOUSLY looks drunk or something....

Seriously...I don't know what Disney executive said this Abu was ok to be shown in public. Maybe that's why they only have him for the races.

Do they have names?

Susie and Perla....I had to google them! I only remember Gus.

I love that you guys did it together. DH and I did a regular 5K once together and it was horrible! But we didn't have characters to stop and meet and awesome scenery!

Oh no! I don't think I could do a regular race either. I mean what is the point?!? I will only at Disney!

I would love this! I am sad we missed all of that fun stuff! We are planning on trying both of your meal selections we are there in September.

I wish they would bring Rebal Hangar back. But at least they still have some of the food. The chicken n vader waffles are so good!

I would never have noticed. But DH probably knows just from mentioning it. Just this morning my DD's were "quizzing" DH on Star Wars trivia. I love star wars but the rest of my family put me to shame!

I love how you are all into Star Wars! I'm trying to get my nieces into it and I've been explaining the characters to them, but they are still a bit young. Although this past Christmas as I was putting away my Star Wars ornaments, my oldest niece (4) asked me if Darth Vader was a good or bad guy. I said, well, he's thought of as a bad buy. Then she said "But there is still good in him, right?" I have never been such a Proud Aunt. LOL

We did a dessert party last Feb and I got to take a survey about it. One of my biggest complaints is the lack of seating! Why can't they have seats?!?

Yeah totally. I think is if we sat down we won't be able to see anything. But at least for the dessert party part - seats should be mandatory!!

WE have 4 or those from our dessert party! That was my other complain, a choice of mug! I wish we could have at least chose from two options... I guess my suggestions weren't enough for guest demand for change!

that would be a great idea if we had a choice! That would be my feedback if I do another one!

The VIP tour sounds great! Imagine what they will have once Star Wars Land is open!

OMG if they have anything close to this that doesn't' cost a million bucks, sign me up! :)

Catching up, don't mind me!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

So, after commenting on how smart it was that you guys stayed at the airport hotel overnight, today I booked myself a night there for my last minute trip down in a couple weeks! if it weren't for your TR I would never had thought of it and would have missed Easter/birthday dinner!

That's awesome! We're actually doing the same thing in May. It's so nice to take ME early in the morning and get your Disney Vacation started that way! A few years ago we arrived at midnight and our "ME" bus was an unmarked white van which picked us and another family up from the airport, and it was squishy and stinky in the van. So not magical. :sad:

She's my favorite and I haven't seen her in a couple of trips - gotta try and find her this year!

She's a hard one to find but she was right at the entrance of Epcot after you scan your band. Sometimes it's Pluto too.

I started laughing at this picture because the woman in blue looks like she's posing for you.

She may very well have been. :rolleyes1

The Star Wars tour sounds like a lot of fun! If I do a solo trip later in the year I may do that.
It was great! I highly recommend it.

Tiffins sounds great and seriously, these are adorable French presses.

I know! I totally want to get one, but I have a k-cup machine and a nespresso so I probably won't use it, but it's such a beautiful press!

And our ride pic:

51f4YHKHiXUW1RcUIXLQnn8up6Zrirud9BZSqfTRSsKNlG3AxcpMlNriiBy7kLFtIAEOCTuB2wWaxqgyJq7Rej8If0HTDusSjjPPwSntJPSqnAb1IONgY-U6rJ3jKp2OBgn1lQbVyu5X5ZprJyPZQvGSi0JBAM77fS3n1gLB8AU3b12kM_GXDc64TQBJ-lomYDZfI0kKDoePQdL6lyN1q39xLyZHzrig-I24H3q_XTckuWEzz-von8Bjc7GJqMgEM5xCL4UI7qTRZmvcAdHN1cT5Trb0aBt0Y8GXxHul9CmE3doeWi5QxRThf6jyWh-4vmDylqw-0EuVcsGA0D6LNHTdtF7hmvs98Wc3O0efx_0R3KaeUrRie8OtupZLLjqPZ-_bslcKfXzyV0ySaOtzVO6Q-46s9tnv5Ptu2fG1CKXrZ1_ztN7Ra0x22er1bgHeAHuE7cERGgQxtw0pYZ59RGZZgMK6Mo5hdMp8KWs-XHkuThFtRreEBYJPfkEveOr80DyAMFz8VJVNMM01nG0v8UelHi3bsGMJoAmufWnS7TrKXT_AGA7uQjjcgvtRlFOGMPfnBMtOgRO3VNFMSr0zcQ9mb1wgDLlawcueDBpgVvq4xWUHE6IjTw=w850-h565-no

I have to remember to pull my hair back on this ride!

I accidentally put my arm up and it blocked my face just like the guy up front :rotfl:

I got a special birthday menu!! My friend Betsy had conferred with David before our dinner and they surprised me. I :love: my DIS friends!

fAZWBdmRhYezGllgPImPi6Xi2xWU3Yw_KYQxRTz_tIti9JINdFZ37phpr0AoM7NUUnO8F67spJKMwpSE-ITSkYdLzXz2NKkGgljqNiOFGZBZgKJog1BivBZV3xJ71qvfGIEhDTAwcX1tOa62M7hXaO_lrGRJbqrfnQ9QbS6WngRUvIXRd2Chg5tljCFC3N18fnwWpF-2YeGJy33t6K9j2cHjFfCD81AbGZllbmcsZ5x6u5MxCp5FXYLq2QNNZ9K03abC3MvdvdRfyl829WvTGMCnBX__IONiBIuXebrUXygj7hEoxOKdPMaCrrjpB49sdo8UlPKbHPW1F0K-7g-SlcGShGP5X7wAAz9FDcaVHaDrkWEuqJ89aMDOSIu1kF0wx4iwDyz9vgpQFJvQTyUYxUWOAy-MPBqFZvkAfNT7lgB-sUcvJR_jC0f8Cs8uAw47ByJv7Ah52IErrFpjtdslGzrpTqxmZWiP9UdB8tI5wetAq1MYFPLB8g-_e_IssHXjZbALsxOUcKTxl__RMQhxQSkvg60QlFarq2v39vWVmBj3u6pZ97MA6hzCqgwjoJXfrKJq-7dt5oENvpxuO4YIw0sYPEC-MSpner_TON19Ic8y14CMJD9MUw=w850-h638-no

Since we all knew exactly what we wanted to order, we didn't even look at the menus that much and placed our order with David. Although David rolled up my special menu and tied it with a ribbon so I could take it home with me. :flower:

So cute!

It was a chocolate mousse-y dome, decorated with chocolates and candied jelly things. I couldn't eat that much so I made everyone take a bite. We also tried the little marshmallows and jelly things it came with and the chocolate things which look like nuts. I bit into one of the chocolates and I was surprised. It was not nutty like I expected but it tasted like blueberries. I exclaimed:
"This chocolate is so weird! It has an unexpected fruitiness!"

:rotfl:

So we RAN. RAN all the way to where Dinoland is.
The ROL package entrance is outside the theater to Finding Nemo musical, i.e. it was really far away.
"OMG we're gonna miss it!" I thought.
But we RAN anyways. I think I have not run this fast in a long time. I definitely did not run this fast in the 5k.

I only had time to take this one picture as we ran. It was packed too, so we had to dodge so many people!

oGx4ZbTY1fKTqhXRxAihZNQAEwhStxy9pgeR3bytv6RJx8atHLlZSKIztHlpG-3lKfuzcNyQ-ZuUL_bjdHoTBZYvmCYZzq-9MYrckDlvRBU43VhNUzYIiDnD5lZuTY_H0Is10PeFnAtgWxJUmsZ8JGDzK69XNYYi1fAgLbw8gj-DFgK6tlBQf2gEEh8cRqqLG70le-wjhY_iNx5IfH0-ZeZqSEcK0YVQAPO3QGkGLUEACtaUJvtpetA0WRCuoKiDXGwW9dxcbCETItvU4ok2YLq2uoLS5i4pJ76hU3napnQoveHuPjWfwdOM4UcLxoxuWrIHerLsQ7G9MRvVHS2NPkKMmTrqRzPiR5Cpo9p_mJidHGWl6Dwz4UV2btfLnhPOfmvfSQUMxz3OZfFeZDHaktNqFEqvYTzAmY45w0fCxjx8IuDqoILvGlcsdZugan1pLvCkrg7OLMl4DwlYUpHlOXPvEU-o7gawaQsFTH91ZmD0LNVfuS7oiFfWLtChGUozH4pNdYzanTZOYBdH_Y6Z9orPX47wrUWvf4OT1odu5FCYQ6zPhURJZcFMIUGCBHigjgREK0bsh-sKQM-f7z9esBDQ1XnOGBkwCnaCErYrN9V6X8PfKIOsXA=w479-h638-no

I know I run like no other time when I'm late for something at Disney! But I always stop for pictures too :laughing:

OK FINALLY after all this planning, the waiting, the running, the rushing, we were let in to the reserved seating area. Because we were the first ones in, we had our pick of seats and I went ahead and selected what I thought were the best seats in the house... it was first row of where the wooden bench seats start, any row before that and you're sitting on hard concrete, I didn't want that. So we were about 6--8 rows up I think? We were the only ones sitting for a while because the CM let us in first as she promised. There was a PP Photographer walking around too! So we got a picture in an empty theater!

-4-46gZOcvNIOThSphr6mzJREOW0qTeSgM4QT0SZAs6rdSY2CDE1tSN2wo5Ualc83u7r3tXk2sTAcd4jSu6d5_rVlHcuVU2XCqRhGG-Vfd5NKiTAhOyknPK32qsmatxEVn7_-D_qosT9HOz1jZcNReDh2uskSc-ShOgmuSf39RYe9TEoo-7JWgITxn4k_yNazGzraVFupaoW7KwPeUTAvX-Yjq_3g2eRsCypxh7Adgr3vx4R4KEm2ftfS0WFZA82w3-eAGIyWxYp2xhSDlQ2kadD62NKE3BZtPxJSkFw-vSOW8ugD1QM1CJBevD1e1VJ53iPRyHyC7KrwlFYRL3WVeQaZ8gBsvRLzuo5N8NQxNWtsojGZEm3UQc9g-OVcKsRi5o2GEPXQQk8tGmUme5nVyen7h-JipkPbFb0DrtjUdfRfZqML1jo4B9GGrKGWyc_Eyy8u0QRfDuW4T5XuoCfnVqsK9ds-SMl6pG8in-Kpac2i0xuG9zCyXnjYCnpvFCjaMSDMqCXrQRz5to4AmSj0Riqgp5Bj70bKvoDc0WpGsKakiS57JbvzvESAWq48IylngYVpaNcEgFQ_9j3kbP6RhkLRAz6futB_2RqRAl6f80TfCIWzB4njQ=w850-h567-no

Yay for good seats!

So what is my verdict on Rivers of Light: It was a very pretty albeit slightly underwhelming show. I mean, it's quite visually stunning, and I did enjoy it, don't get me wrong, but there was nothing new or exciting about the show. A lot of the technology with the projections on water have been done before. I think it's cool that we can watch a new show, but maybe it's because we put in so much effort to get there that I was just expecting so much more. I think I am the sort of person that likes pyrotechnics and fireworks afterall. :laughing: It was however, very soothing to watch and I was ready for bed after that!

I've heard similar things from most people who saw it.

Last edited:
I just read through the whole TR up to now! Loving it! You made me actually consider a 5K - it looks like so much fun! (I don't run! lol).

We had a great dinner at Tiffins in December, and have a RoL package booked for June! Glad your experience was so great (that lobster curry soup is fantastic!). Also, the Tiana Riverboat Party was one of my DD's favorite things, so I hope you guys had a blast - looking forward to reading about it!!

I didn't realize that our trips overlapped. I was one of those escaping Mardi Gras for Disney.

We didn't get a change to see ROL because it was only offered on certain days. We had other things going on and couldn't switch things around. I guess that's as good excuse as any to have to start planning another trip.

Kind of ironic, you guys did more running while NOT at a race...

"Why don't you come back for the 8:30pm show? We'll let you in first!"

:worship: THANK YOU DISNEY GODS!! :worship:
Some CM really are the best!

I am looking forward to see ROL when we go in September. I think the girls will really like it. I think it is all about setting expectations and like you said you had run and worked so hard to get there!

I love how you are all into Star Wars! I'm trying to get my nieces into it and I've been explaining the characters to them, but they are still a bit young. Although this past Christmas as I was putting away my Star Wars ornaments, my oldest niece (4) asked me if Darth Vader was a good or bad guy. I said, well, he's thought of as a bad buy. Then she said "But there is still good in him, right?" I have never been such a Proud Aunt. LOL
Give them another year maybe... Start with Star Wars Rebels. It isn't too violent and they will probably like that it is a cartoon. Plus it has two awesome girl characters for your niece! Then move over to the original movies.

I read your TR when you guys came off of the Star Wars Cruise. I think DH was love it. And the girls would LOVE the new kids area stuff! I am just not a cruise person. I will just have to wait for Star Wars Land.

OMG if they have anything close to this that doesn't' cost a million bucks, sign me up! :)
Yup. So will we. And by the time they open it my DD's might be old enough to do it as well! Of course, then it might cost a million bucks for 4!

I just finished binge-reading through your TR. All your food looks delicious, BUT the whole fish. I just don't think I could do that...

Surprisingly, I convinced DH that we need to do the 2018 Dark Side races if we can book a trip as a bounce back from our upcoming November/December vacation. That would be our fist Disney race!

Can't wait for the next installment.

I accidentally put my arm up and it blocked my face just like the guy up front :rotfl:

I've done that many times!

I know I run like no other time when I'm late for something at Disney! But I always stop for pictures too :laughing:

Haha if I lived at Disney I'd be so fit! Although I'd probably even it out by stuffing my face every day...
I've heard similar things from most people who saw it.

Yeah, I guess I was just a little bored because there really is no story line or anything, just pretty floats, lots of water fountains, and projections. A bit of live action too.

I just read through the whole TR up to now! Loving it! You made me actually consider a 5K - it looks like so much fun! (I don't run! lol).

We had a great dinner at Tiffins in December, and have a RoL package booked for June! Glad your experience was so great (that lobster curry soup is fantastic!). Also, the Tiana Riverboat Party was one of my DD's favorite things, so I hope you guys had a blast - looking forward to reading about it!!

Thank you! I'm happy to have inspired you since I don't run either. I can't stand it. But when at Disney, running the 5k and going through Epcot was just the most awesome feeling. One day I will do the half and get to go through MK too!

Loooooved Tiffins. Really surpassed our expectations. The ROL Package was a great deal!
Oh yes we did enjoy Tiana's a lot! It was also the warmest day of our trip and it was nice to be out of the heat to watch the parade.

I didn't realize that our trips overlapped. I was one of those escaping Mardi Gras for Disney.

Oh that's cool! Was it as crowded as you thought it would be in WDW?

We didn't get a change to see ROL because it was only offered on certain days. We had other things going on and couldn't switch things around. I guess that's as good excuse as any to have to start planning another trip.

It was hard to schedule. We could only make it one day and we already had dinner scheduled, but luckily it was early so we thought we had a shot. Definitely wouldn't have made it if we didn't have the package though.

Kind of ironic, you guys did more running while NOT at a race...

Tell me about it...my POOR ankle was so sore after the trip. It was very angry at me!

Some CM really are the best!

They are!! So nice of them to let us see it, but I didn't see why they wouldn't anyways. It's just the two of us.

I am looking forward to see ROL when we go in September. I think the girls will really like it. I think it is all about setting expectations and like you said you had run and worked so hard to get there!

I think it's a good show, it's just that there's no story really, just pretty floats, water fountains, projections on water, lots of lights, projections on the tree of life, some boats, some dancers, etc. Nothing mind-blowing but still a nice show to watch.

Give them another year maybe... Start with Star Wars Rebels. It isn't too violent and they will probably like that it is a cartoon. Plus it has two awesome girl characters for your niece! Then move over to the original movies.

Thanks! I will make that suggesting to my sisters although since they are non-Star Wars people (I know how could I be related to them...?) so they will have no idea what I'm talking about. One of my BILs is a fan though so I think he'll have to do the Star Wars educating.

I read your TR when you guys came off of the Star Wars Cruise. I think DH was love it. And the girls would LOVE the new kids area stuff! I am just not a cruise person. I will just have to wait for Star Wars Land.

Ah cool! We had an awesome cruise. I don't like the concept of cruising either unless it's with Disney. Disney made the cruise for me. Loved everything about it. But if you asked me if I wanted to go on a RCL or NCL cruise, I'd be like, eh.

Yup. So will we. And by the time they open it my DD's might be old enough to do it as well! Of course, then it might cost a million bucks for 4!

Geez I hope not, but I'm sure they will think of something pricey and for all people who are willing to part with their money for Star Wars (myself included)

I just finished binge-reading through your TR. All your food looks delicious, BUT the whole fish. I just don't think I could do that...

Hi and Welcome! Thanks for reading!
Yeah the whole fish...an aquired visual. I don't actually eat the head though. I just kinda eat the rest of it. Haha.

Surprisingly, I convinced DH that we need to do the 2018 Dark Side races if we can book a trip as a bounce back from our upcoming November/December vacation. That would be our fist Disney race!

Can't wait for the next installment.

Sounds like a plan! I'd love to do another Disney Race next year but I don't think we're keeping our AP for next year, although we will probably get them gain as soon as Star Wars Land is announced. :)

Soon we were digging into our our main course...and this is our favorite thing to order, a shared Porterhouse Steak, medium rare! It's served with a set of sides which makes it a better deal than some other steakhouses where you have to order extra sides.

JuBXNtGWoOZFUmbT6IvH3oC5fo0dyaBceblR1rb-TgQ-uxbvFPPJUh8DMUqHNalThOhrPOPCICcq7aIAfmg3CHuO5UOYTzDV9H3ayNzK4ibY59uzHd3JdIrOPO72-zWiCxwkOvUV538ymMQA2puD8Tw6BjxGS1H5xUUr6A_S28HIHV5a0VnofwQs3GzCMpX65PyDBN3EiyGUpM-8039gQhKOT1SxhZbAPZZRBfvp94yelLFGwROQDb8gzjXTFPVUUXfoE4M0BllI7V06kYckxcmD2ebaPhaUL0j7MXyUX68-Pou9TqajfNUfCNrb5f2vW43onqVGyoeEWfYHx1YeKQmkCiRjc65PNGG00b9d4SVVJWH4HgXoCGFixpkqBuR0GVeqptD9hhSPdwf-2olx6ZIum_gOX9q4u45eI9NLpY-JPZheAAempeobD-DEInY5D_HIXUUaiSopCq81OIDDX1qnv6EOcHFt0MglNXBkMiWsDBHKn9x88-8turt2l_ZuRphq3nxGj3WuZZXgw-rEsKIIFSxMpHCNerMhhBaE78W0ASBin7job6Hmkt16nukWp-HDJqvexjj1k7z7sZzPAoo1kXbYOpLqexLFoAZW32mAWwGWlfAOhA=w850-h638-no

The steak is topped with garlic butter and is served with, from L to R: sauteed mushrooms, creamed spinach and caramalized onions. Sooo good.
Steak Heaven!!! I'm glad you can substitute sides because there's no way I'm eating a whole mushroom.

Ok so what is my verdict on Rivers of Light: It was a very pretty albeit slightly underwhelming show.
That seems to be what everyone is saying. I think they built so much hype around it and then it got delayed so long that it can't live up to anyone's expectations.

I felt like I was right along with you running to ROL. Glad you got into the later show. And your YS review made me hungry. That porterhouse looked amazing.

:-):-):-)Oh your steak at Yachtsman looks so good!!!!!! We've done the porterhouse before too and it's oh so good. Especially those beef fat potatoes. #Perfection

Can't believe all the trouble you all had with RoL but so glad you finally got to see it from the best seats in the house. I never thought about the lack of fireworks and the animals, but that makes complete sense. Everyone seems to be largely underwhelmed but it, but it's gotta be better than the jungle book show And if I can get tiffins out of it all the better

Another great meal at Yachtsman's that was so sweet preparing a special menu for your birthday. We're thinking of having Thanksgiving dinner at Yachtsman's since we'll be staying at the BC.
I can't believe you had to run from the entrance to Dinoland after dinner and then to be told no seats no standing room left :sad2: Thank goodness for the CM's I'm glad you got to see the entire show and with great seats.
I agree with you about the Electric Water Parade just hearing the music it's so simple but brings back so many memories we love it :goodvibes

Wonderful updates, we have not been to RoL yet, we had a dining package in February but canceled it because we would have had to change the FP+ for the day, so after your Tiffin review and @kastoney review we are doing the Tiffins Dining package, hopefully, it hasn't come out yet, at the end of August. Your review sounds the same as others I have read, it is beautiful but a bit underwhelming.

Your steak dinner and sides look very good as well, nice to meet up with friends and have a great waiter!

Ahh the electrical water parade, I loved it when we stayed at the monorail resorts, very nostalgic and made me feel like a kid again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter