Taking a baby to Disney in August...am I crazy?!?

Jill29

Earning My Ears
So, we would love to take our soon to be kindergarteners somewhere this summer. With the announcement of free dining, a return to Disney has crossed my mind. Our trip would be the first week of August, amongst the summer crowds, in the heat, and with an 11 month old in tow. Am I crazy for thinking this would be a fun time for all lol?!? Anyone take a baby this age in the heat of the summer and can recommend it?

We took our one year old and soon to be Kindergartener same week last year :). Honestly I treat it like a beach trip with a lot more to do. We did pools and low key meals and then parks and fireworks at night, or fast passes very first thing and then made sure we left the parks after 3-4 hours. We are passholders so we don’t pressure ourselves to do much beyond whatever that days fast passes are, but I really loved the trip and at those ages we certainly wouldn’t have been better off doing a family beach trip eating sand . Babies are just hard no matter where you take them so I say go for it!

We took our one year old and soon to be Kindergartener same week last year :). Honestly I treat it like a beach trip with a lot more to do. We did pools and low key meals and then parks and fireworks at night, or fast passes very first thing and then made sure we left the parks after 3-4 hours. We are passholders so we don’t pressure ourselves to do much beyond whatever that days fast passes are, but I really loved the trip and at those ages we certainly wouldn’t have been better off doing a family beach trip eating sand . Babies are just hard no matter where you take them so I say go for it!

Thank you. Beach trip was on the list of alternatives but I agree doesn’t sound better. Less to do and sand to eat .

We took our boys age 4 and 10 months at the time. It was certainly hot but we went in knowing that and honestly had an amazing time. We drank lots of water, took mid day breaks everyday, and tried to find a/c when needed. There is work when traveling with a baby but definitely worth it. People said we were crazy but we loved it all and want to go back now with a third kiddo in tow. I suggest Having a good plan to deal with crowds but be ready to be flexible as the kids need. You are going to have a great time!

You will be among the thousands of other families traveling with young ones. When we travel with babies we go with the understanding that the trip will be very low key. Our kids have taught us to slow down and let the crowd rush by. It's amazing the things you see and get to experience when you're not in a hurry to get to the next ride.

I was pregnant and we had a 2 year old and managed just fine at the end of July. It’s hot but it’s not like it’s the surface of the sun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter