Tagged Stroller

twinz

I agree with getting my WDW fix
My son will be in a brace (while waiting for hip surgery) which will limit it ability to walk long distances (he is 4). I am planning on getting his stroller tagged to take it though the queues.
My question is... will this qualify us to be able to sit in the designated wheelchair sitting areas for parades and fireworks?
When I spoke to someone at Disney trying to understand how DAS works she had no clue about even tagging a stroller to be able to use it in queues.
Thank you

Strollers tagged as wheelchairs are treated the same as actual wheelchairs and are allowed wherever wheelchairs go. They can be used in the designated wheelchair areas for parades and fireworks - those areas can get crowded and do fill up quickly.
You may be able to use the stroller on some wheelchair accessible ride vehicles, like Small World and the boat ride in Mexico. It likely would not fit in others, like Magic Carpets of Aladdin or Buzz Lightyear. A stroller can‘t be used on attractions that require the wheelchair to be fastened down, like Toy Story Mania or Kilimanjaro Safari. For buses, you could use the ramp at the back doo, but would need to fold the stroller unless it’s a special needs stroller designed for transport.

The stroller as wheelchair tags are separate from DAS - some people use DAS in addition and others don’t. The tag is issued at the parks, so not surprising that CMs on the DAS information may not know.

Good luck on your trip and ask as many questions as you need to

I sent you a PM. I have some personal experience (non-Disney related) that might be of use to you. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter