T-Rex restaurant reviews

zbugs3mom

Earning My Ears
My boys 6 and 3 are huge dino fans! Does this restaurant live up to it's attractive listing? We are heading to Disney at the end of May!

My son who is 25 went at Christmas LOVED IT! Were going in Aug. can't wait. I know you kids wioll love it. He said the food is good to.

We ate there in December. I liked the decor of the restaurant, and I think your boys would enjoy it. However, I found the food to be mediocre and overpriced. I recommend it once for the experience, but I don't foresee myself ever going back for the food.

I took my 8 year old and he loved it because of the popcorn shrimp and chicken combo with chips and fries....not the ideal healthy meal at all!!!!! But....it was one of his favorite places on our trip and we have been to WDW often. Like others have said, I found the food to be okay, nothing great and definitely expensive for what you get. With that said, we will be going back in July because DS8 wants to go again.
The atmosphere is VERY cool though and we both really enjoyed that part of the restaurant. It is somewhat loud, but we went right at opening and avoided a huge crowd so it was a pleasant experience and our server was wonderful.
Try it once and see how you like it.

Sounds like you want to give your kids a cool dino experience, this restaurant will not disappoint. We LOVED the atmosphere, the food was good, and the cost was not a deal-breaker for us. I usually like to try all new places on our trips, but DD (8) insists we repeat TRex in Nov. She really didn't have to twist my arm, I loved it, too.

Make sure you warn the little one that it might be a little scary for him. There's a meteor shower every 20 minutes, it gets a little dark, and the dinos go NUTS! I saw a few little ones looking concerned during that part, but no one crying/asking to leave. Good times!!!

Here's a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsdR9Oq_NhE

Have a great trip!

We went there in March with our DS5 and DD2 and they both loved it! The atmosphere is fun! I'm sure that your kids will enjoy it. The food was pretty mediocre, but good. The portions were huge, though! We ordered 2 meals and shared them with the kids and could not finish, and we are big eaters! If you are looking for a fun experience for you children, the T-REX is a lot of fun.

Wow! :woohoo:Thanks so much for all your input! I watched the link that was posted, now I am even more excited! Looks like the atmosphere is really awesome! Did you all make reservations ahead of time or just walk in?

Did you all make reservations ahead of time or just walk in?

We had reservations for a saturday early evening, missed our time by 20min and was told they will only wait up to 15min if you are running late (fair enough)...we decided to wait but their estimate wait time came way off (placed was packed!) and finally gave up and left.
Later that week we returned on a Wednesday and woke right in! my kids loved it :thumbsup2

Wow! :woohoo:Thanks so much for all your input! I watched the link that was posted, now I am even more excited! Looks like the atmosphere is really awesome! Did you all make reservations ahead of time or just walk in?

We did have a reservation, but could probably have walked in at 3pm the Saturday of President's weekend. If you want to go during peak meal times, it's probably not a bad idea to reserve. FYI, I think you still have to call the restaurant directly to make reservations (when we went, WDW-DINE wasn't doing them). The number is (407)828-TREX.

Also wanted to make sure you knew the youtube link I posted is what it's like during the meteor shower. It's not quite THAT loud/overstimulating the rest of the time! I watched the link again, and was like, whew! Loud!

We went this past Friday. We did not have ADRs and only waited 20 minutes at 6:30p on a Friday night. Not bad! We had a party of 7, including 3 kids under the age of 3 - all of them loved it. I didn't think the meteor shower was bad at all, and the atmosphere of the restaurant is so much fun.

I also thought the food was really yummy. I had a shrimp and pasta in tomato cream sauce and it was really good. My husband had chicken fried steak and it was also yummy. My kids shared a pizza and ate some of my pasta, too. The other 2 adults with us had tortellini and a steak, and they enjoyed those though they thought they were nothing special. And we splurged for the big smoking dessert and shared it between the 7 of us with some to spare, even - and it was WONDERFUL.

HOnestly, Trex was my favorite meal from our whole trip. Very yummy and so much fun!

I'm glad to see the good reviews on T-Rex. I think my 7 yo son will love it!

We are on the free dining plan though....isn't this restaurant not included in the dining plan? Just making sure....

It is not on the Dining Plan, but like I said earlier, the portions are huge and easily shareable. We went for lunch in March and walked right in with no wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter